z

Young Writers Society

The Dollhouse (Accepting)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:37 am
MilkNCookies says...

Cleo

I smiled at Ribbon as we filled our casks. "We should duel more often. You're good." I stated. She shrugged.

"When I was with my old master," I began, "the water paralyzed me. You know, my chip. or a few seconds to a few hours. It's crazy how a slice of flesh can keep the problem at bay."

"You say it like you weren't created with it." She replied.

"I wasn't." she looked at me at a new found surprise and curiosity. "I was the first doll. Well, not the first, but one in the first brand, you know. We had flesh only over our faces. We never wore clothes. Eventually, as more dolls came out, my master gave me flesh. Though not my neck, because there is a pressure point that would be there that was not before, were there skin." I slashed at a tree with my blade, causing a deep gash. "Tom gave me the remainder of skin and altered my chip for fighting." I dueled with imaginary enemies with my weapon of choice. "Its different. But I thinks the biggest change is getting emotions. When you don't have them, you want them. But they're so... alien to me.I don't know what they mean exactly."

"You... Didn't have emotions?" She asked, clearly hard for her to grasp the concept.

"Nope." I stopped fighting when I lopped of my enemy's head. "They're is more to me than what meets the eye."
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:42 am
Apple says...

Yeah double agent, that was what I was thinking. Well then, my character is evil! Muhahaha!
I spy!

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:58 am
LovelessSummer says...

France

I started weaving the sticks together, working on the first shelter with Kirill. Glancing over, I saw Luna start on a second hut. I smiled slightly at the sight of her focusing on the various sticks and leaves, her brow furrowed in concentration. Luna, aside from the twins and Kai, was the only person I actually sort of looked up to on this island. Mostly because of her attitude; the way she was so blunt about the island and way things work. She was extremely skilled. Though it was in the past, I couldn't stop thinking about how I really chickened out when the enemy started attacking some of our group members. I need to work to become braver. I have to. I want to be just like Luna, Kai, and the twins. I want to be brave. I want to be respected and feared.

"Hey," a voice suddenly said, cutting off my train of thought. I blinked a few timed and noticed Kirill starring at me confused. "Are you okay? You looked like you might've been daydreaming." I flushed red and finished working on my side of the shelter.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "I'm fine." Kirill laughed briefly before saying 'that's okay' and finishing her work on the house. "The others should be back soon," she said. "So we have to hurry a bit." She poked her head around the side of the hut and smiled at Luna and me. "But we're almost done anyway."

"Great," Luna replied. I looked over at her once more before turning away and focusing on the house. Yeah, great.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

49 Reviews

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:40 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Sorry allmixedup! I had a different thought of him! Sorry for the confusion!!!!!!!

Cleo

"Sure is." Ribbon murmured.Once we finished, Kai almost dragged us back to camp. Ribbon strode off to Ivan and his gang. I hung out a bit, and saw February in her own little world, weaving. She was sitting on a fell tree trunk. I walked over, and sat with her.

"It's weird, this world." I muttered, watching the entrancing steady motion and growth of the blanket.

"How so?" She didn't look up from her creation in progress.

"You probably wouldn't understand. You don't know 'bout my past." I threw a rock, bored.

"We're created. there isn't much to it."

"Not me. I was the first." I told her my history as I had Ribbon, pausing before I told her I had no emotions before. Eventually I finished.

"Wow." She replied, pausing at her work. Swiftly she continued. "I never knew that there's so much to you." We quit talking, though I kept watching her. I pretended to watch her sew, while I really watched her. I wasn't thinking when I said she was pretty before. But... in her own way, she was. I didn't know if i liked that; Probably. These emotions are difficult. "The newer dolls like me take a lot for granted."

"Eh, you're just lucky. Life has no purpose when you don't have any happiness, sadness... or love." She finished the piece, which was a blanket. "That's pretty."

"It's the last one. I've made five whilst you were all cozy with Ribbon."

"Are you kidding me? I don't think of her like that! Learn your facts before you make assumptions!" I strode off, my face red. Hm... what was that? Envy? Hate? All I knew was that i did not think of Ribbon like that. She's a friend. No more. I vaguely heard Ribbon arguing with February. I didn't know where I was going; I didn't care. I would return, after I had a clear head. I wandered...
and wandered....
and wandered....
Until i ended up by the shore where we arrived.

"I want to go home!" I screamed to the sky. The water pounded against the shore in a hypnotic beat. "I want to be back with Ginny! Gods, I'd even want to be back with Brittney!" Tears slithered down my face like snakes. I dug my hands into the sands. tiny craters appeared where my tears fell.

"We all do." Someone said, approaching from behind. "But we have to forget the past; move on. You know. Ne a team." I turned around, and saw ________________.

Anyone? I'll chose someone if no one acts by 5:00.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:48 pm
SisterItaly says...

First of all. ZION had his axe. Second. HE would not hurt ANYONE for something like that.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:44 pm
eldEr says...

Zion

I didn't like her. Then again, there were very few dolls that I did like...but Kite's smile, it was so sickly inoccent that I just had to shiver. She probably wasn't potetially evil or anything, maybe I just hated inoccent smiles in general. Well whatever. I would keep avoiding all the dolls, with the exception of Petsha apprently. She wasn't too bad.

I touched her arm lightly and leaned down beside her ear. "Go back to the camp. I'll be lurking around, as usual," I whispered, glancing over my shoulder. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get that smile out of my head. It was making me jumpy.

She nodded. "Kay. Be careful."

I returned the nod, releasing her arm and watching her walk back to the camp.

Careful...I touched the handle of my axe lightly, scanning the forest for any sign of movement. Nothing. Good lord I needed sleep, I was way jumpier than normal.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Reviews: 3
Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:35 am
Twitchy says...

Hmm...
Last edited by Twitchy on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life's to short to waste time thinking about tomorrow. Live for today and deal when the consequences when they get here!

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:47 am
Twitchy says...

Ribbon

"Are you okay?" I asked, my voice soft and cautious. A&D looked pretty pissed off. Why? I'd no clue. Quickly, he turned and, upon seeing me, his expression grew darker. Woah, that was unexpected.

"What are you doing here," he snapped. Instantly, I stepped back a bit at his harsh tone of voice. Now, whatever have I done to him?

"I'm just checking on you. You look pretty angry."

"I'm fine!" he snapped. I flinched again. He was obviously not fine. What had him all pent up? Was he still angry about his hand?

"Look, Cleo, I'm sorry about-"

"Why are you apologizing, you stupid girl?" Before the words even fully left his mouth, tears were forming at the edge of my eyes. I'm sure I've done nothing to him. My lip quivered violently and my vision blurred. I balled my hands into fist to try and stop the tears but it was no use. Why was he being so mean? My whole frame shook with held back tears and anger.

"Ribbon, I-" He didn't even have time to finish. I was off, crashing through tree branches and compacting dirt under my heavy foot falls. My throat burned and I wiped frantically at my eyes as I ran. Finially, I pushed through the trees that led to camp.

"Ribby," what's wrong," Shey asked as I whizzed by him. He wouldn't get an answer though. I just kept running until I could hear breaking twigs again. I didn't know where I was running. How can someone be so hurtful? I just knew I was running away. I mean, I was just trying to help. Away from them. Away from them all. At least until the tears stopped flowing...
Life's to short to waste time thinking about tomorrow. Live for today and deal when the consequences when they get here!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:07 am
Sassafras says...

Aww, you made Ribby cry! Bad, Cleo! Bad!

Ivan

Ribby came crashing out of the forest, crying and running like the dogs of hell were on her heels. Instantly, I grabbed the hilt of my sword and stood. Kai, who I was having a one-sided conversation with, stood also, her hand on her weapon. A few seconds later, A&D came storming out. Before he could get too far, I grabbed him by the upper arm and forced him to a stop. When his feet were still, he put his hands on his knees and started panting.

"What's going on," I demanded. He looked up at me briefly before catching his breath and standing up straight. "Are there enemy near?"

"N-no," he gasped. "Ribby she was- And I was just- I have to go," he mumbled, pulling away from me. "I just have to go," he called over his shoulder while running away. Confused, I turned back to Kai. She just shrugged her shoulders and sat back down.

"Yeah, me neither."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

49 Reviews

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:04 pm
MilkNCookies says...

I hated my life. I hated my emotions. Why did I need them? I was fine without them! I don't know what feel for Ribbon...but the thing I hated the most was my anger. I just... Ugh. What am I? A monster? I need to get away. I ran into the forest, my vision blurred from tears. All because of one stupid comment that February made. She wouldn't be friends with me either. No one would, and Ribbon would probably kill me in the middle of the night(My thoughts are messed up, btw, and ribbon would never do that I know). Where was I going? Hell. That I knew. In reality? No friggin idea. I passed several places, including a enemy camp, until I found the clearing where we were dumped the first time. several articles o clothing and destroyed swords were spread about. What else? Well, it figures. Hell's going to invite me in the best was possible. Ribbon stood in the middle. horrah.

~Dr.Seuss.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:09 am
Calligraphy says...

Feburary

"Are you kidding me? I don't think of her like that! Learn your facts before you make assumptions!" Cleo said in a low voice that couldn't be hear by anyone else, but held the same amount of venom it would have if he shouted it. This is why when I was on the plane I had decided to stay quite, but now look at me. Already I had fallen for someone who didn't know who they were. I was going to be here only to survive and to survive only. No more no less. But, I never was good at sticking to my resolutions. I smiled to myself because I actually hadn't ever made any resolutions. My brain just added these thoughts in to replace the fact that I had no past.

Cleo was turning red with embarrassment and I knew he was trying to hold in his anger as well. My small smile had looked like a smirk to him. I was about to tell him to chill I didn't mean anything by the remark when he turned on his heel and strode off. I have got up and then sat back down. Don't make a scene, don't make a scene I kept repeating in my head. So many emotions were built up inside of me, but I sat back down and started to sew. I was keeping them locked inside a chest, but the lock was starting to bend and I just prayed I wouldn't explode.

The problem was I didn't even know what I was feeling. So I didn't know what I would say. As I turned back to my work I heard shouts from Ribbon and... Cleo! What had I done? One sentence! Just one and he was completely freaking out. It wasn't that big of a deal. It was obvious that... It didn't matter. Let them scream so loud the whole camp could hear even if they tried not to. I didn't care. Let them show the enemy exactly where we are.

~~~

A few hours had passed sense my first real drama. I had turned into a stone not giving any facial expression just taking orders as they came. Talking is what got me into this mess and now not talking would get me out. By now we had a pretty good camp going and everyone was getting ready for bed.(I am not sure if dolls have to sleep, but if they don't... idk) We had worked pretty well, we now had pretty good huts built that would keep out wind and hopefully rain. A few fires will built and though we didn't have very much food it was enough for a small portion for everyone at camp. Someone had decided that if people wanted to go into the wilderness and not be a team player that we wouldn't stop them, and unless you were here at mealtime you didn't get anything. Our plan was to make use of the boulders and stack logs between them to make a wall of sorts tomorrow. Later we would reinforce it with thorns and brambles. That way if someone tried to attack they would make more noise trying to get in and they might try to use the opening. But for now guards were being selected for the first shift.

I was called forward. Our instructions were to walk around and around the edge. We had small torches to hold and every ten boulders we were to climb on top of one and see what we could see. It was simple enough. By now the sky was dark and everything was quite we were the only ones outside of huts. "Got it?" a chorus of "Yeses" and we began.

At first I looked up every few seconds, but slowly I fell into a rhythm. Thoughts were dancing in my head one would come and then seconds later would pass. I was so startled when something ran into me nothing came out when I started to scream. It wouldn't have mattered because a had was soon clamped over my mouth. I didn't move. There was no way to use my arrows now. I just squeezed my eyes shut and stood stock still. "Its me... I am so sorry, sorry! I didn't know you were there really" I sighed as the hand was slowly moved away. It was only Cleo. Ribbon stood by him. They both looked bedraggled. "What happened? Did you get attacked?" The surprise of seeing them made me forget about my silence. "No" Ribbon said, but "we did get kind of lost. "As you probably know there is NO moon tonight and well lets just say we got way of course." "So you didn't see any other dolls?"

A. S.

Random avatar

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:47 am
Calligraphy says...

is anyone going to post :(

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:44 pm
Twitchy says...

Ribbon

I ran a finger through my hair while A&D confirmed that we'd seen noboy else. Several leaves and twigs fell out of my hair and sank to the ground. I groaned and rolled my eyes. A few seconds passed in which an awkward silence had fallen upon us. Slowly, I looked up at Cleo and February. I flushed red because they were both looking at me as if waiting for me to say something.

" I guess I should be off. To bed. For sleep." I coughed awkwardly before starting off towards one of the huts that occupied the riverside. I threw the door open and stormed in, flinging myself on the first bedding that I saw.

"Owwwch!" I hopped up and covered my mouth with both hands.

"I'm so sorry!" I stammered. The person sat up and started rubbing their head.

"Nice going, Ribbon," the person said, "you've just managed to almost break me." The person brought down their hand and I saw that it was Shey.

"Terribly sorry," I said again, backing out of the hut.

"It's okay, nothing's broken. Hey," he sat up straighter, "what went on earlier with you and Cleo?" I shrugged and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Nothing really. He must have been a bit ticked about something else and it just happens that I was the closet person for him to take his anger out on."

"Did he... Did he hit you?" I laughed out loud and pulled another twig out of my hair.

"'Course not!"

"Hey, keep it down," the bedding next to Shey called out. "Some of us dolls are trying to sleep!"

"Sorry, France," Shey whispered. I flushed red again and backed out even further. I didn't mean to wake up the guy.

"Hey, I was going anyway," I called out over my shoulder as I was walking away. "Night!" I ran out of the hut over to the other and, after making sure there was no one sleeping in it, flopped down on one of the beds.

49 Reviews

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:33 pm
MilkNCookies says...

I waited for everything to calm down, and silently walked into the hut. February sat by Ribbon. I stood by the side, listening to what they had to say.

"...but no, he didn't hurt me." Ribbon finished.

"Are you sure?" February asked.

"I don't have any a aches, pains, or broken parts, do I?"

"You sure do have a bunch of junk in your hair." I slowly walked into the hut. They quieted and looked at me, February with a evil glitter in her eyes.

"Listen, I'm sorry... you really don't understand. Have you ever loved someone? Like a friend?" They shook their heads.

"Someone you couldn't live without? Like a half of you? Like family, like a mom? Someone you would die for in an instant, no second thoughts?" They didn't reply. "I had that. Ginny, my human. She could have a hundred dolls and love us equally. I was her favorite. The first.I was everywhere she was, from preschool show-and-tell to summer camp. Then... it was all taken away. None left but memories. I was taken like I was replaceable. All the years with her, for naught good but memories and sadness that I can't be with her. And I got my emotions. I was given a new life, even though I wasn't done with the last. I don't know what these emotions are. Love, hate, they all feel the same. The only ones I know with no problem are happiness and joy. February, I'm sorry for snapping at you. I... really didn't... I have no idea what I feel about either of you, and I don't really want to find out now. Ribbon... I just need you to know, that isn't anything like me. At all. No one understands me, or my life. I have no one to turn to with these," I searched for the right words. "Monsters. No one had a life before this island. And frankly, I'd rather be with Ginny right now." Tears were welling from my eyes as I dug a single twig from my own hair.

"I'm sorry." I uttered.

~Dr.Seuss.

Random avatar

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:10 pm
Calligraphy says...

Ummmmm.... we don't have pasts do we?? I thought we only remembered from the start of the games...

A. S.

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women