z

Young Writers Society

Children of the Winged Generation *Started/not accepting*

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:49 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Ha ha, I didn't mind. I did mention that, but it wasn't something I repeated...prolly would have been best though..
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 pm
RayneChild says...

I do remember reading it, but I had forgotten about it O_o Haha no worries though, I fixed it ^^
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:18 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Kyrah Loften

I hated these test days, I was sitting on my bed waiting for them to come get me for the needles because I just knew that if i didnt prepare myself for them to come get me.
I was sitting on my bed then they just barged in and grabbed me by my arms,"Watch dude my arm still hurts from everytime yall keep poking me with all those needles." Since they grabbed me by my arms I had a reflex and i hit them in the back of their heads with my wings then they dropped me and I landed on the floor,I think i hit my head on some metal thing.
When I woke up from the black out I had they had me tied down to an examiner thing and they were poking needles in my side and everywhere,I had tears rolling down my face,"Owww! watch it!" but they didnt seem to care. Andy was in the room right beside me and i listened as they were trying to be all careful with him and everyone else,with me it was like im a rag doll they didnt seem to mind hurting me. One doctor said,"calm down im not hurting you." I started crying again and yelled,"Untie me off this thing and yes you are hurting me,let me off!"
They got me untied then they grabbed me by my waist and threw me across the room in my chamber,like five minutes later they tossed foom under the door,like they really expect me to eat that nasty stuff.

Jonathan Smith

They came to my room next after they threw Kyrah in her chamber thing but they just told me to come along and I jumped up to go get tested, I hated these days,besides i still havent gotten used to the needles because they hurt so much. When they started asking me questions I almost hit this one doc in the back of the head with my foot but i kept my cool because i didnt want to get hurt twice as much as i already did.
When they were done with the testing they literally had to pull me down the hall to my room because I was so weak from the shots, I wasnt ever a strong person when it came to those harmful things. I seen Kat and Andy passing through as I was getting pulled to my room,from the looks of it they finally got their testing done to and were getting forced to their rooms. After they got me on my bed and gave me the food I threw the food at the door and i eventually fell asleep for what seemed like hours.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:29 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cree

I smiled as Andy came in. "Hey Ands! OW! God, seriously, I just said that it hurt there!" I half-yelled, shooting a dirty look at the whitecoat poking me with needles. Kat reached over and patted my hand, smiling. I rolled my eyes, smiling a little.

A black feather brushed my wrist. "Miles!" I said, giggling a little and flapping my wings just to ripple his hair.

"Hey! No fair!" he complained, pouting.

"Nyaha."

Milo blew a raspberry and Andy laid down on the metal table beside his, unfolding his wings. I smiled sympathetically and hissed again as a needle slipped into my skin, just below my bellybutton.

Biting my lip until it was near bleeding, and my wings were about to lose control, I squeaked out, "So. How's it going?" to which there were a few chuckles and a few "Aw, Cree." 's.

I let out my breath as the needle pulled out, and an antibacterial something was wiped over the puncture hole. Wincing, I sat up and took deep breaths as they started on my back, and where my wings were attached. Cold, strangely textured wipes, a jolt of pain as the needle went in, then more cold. I hated it. If I heard anyone back in the outside say they hated shots, I'd kill them.

I beat my wings a few times, creating a small windstorm, and then laid back down. I knew the drill.

Get injected, demonstrate, lay down. Repeat.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:22 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Wren
I sat my legs crossed and my face blank waiting for them to come for me. I hated test days with every single fiber of my being but I learned not to fight and not to flinch. They came for me and I just stood up and walked ahead. I flashed a grin at Cree as they lead me past her and she managed a slight smile back. I sat down and bit my lip refusing to flinch or cry out as I was stabbed in my forearm. It was icy cold and I gritted my teeth closing my eyes. I hated this so much it was ridiculous. I curled my hand into a fist and imagined smashing against one of their heads and I smiled grimly opening my eyes letting myself enjoy my macabre imagination.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:42 pm
jolene says...

Angel:

I sat in front of my father, fuming. "Why did you make my mom have me, when you knew she was going to die and then I would have wings....WINGS!"

He tried to to take a step toward me but let my pure black wings unfload and flapped them a little. He stopped and whrispered, "When I joined here, I didnt know Angelina was going to die! I loved her as much as i love you!"

I shook my head, "I dont believe you! If you love me, I wouldnt be here right now!"

My father looked pasted me and his face turned to one that I usually see when he is sorry for something. I looked behind me and two big guys jumped towarded me and put a straw net on top of me. I went down and the two guys held me down as my father came towards me. I noticed that he had a needle in his hands and pricked me with it in my arm. "I'm sorry angel,for everything"

Then i saw nothing but darkness..

When i finally woke up. i was on one of those hosptial beds with IV's in my arms and people on beds next to me and people with white lab coats like my father walking around me and other people who had wings just like me, but in different colors. All I could do is gap at the people beside me.
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

57 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Cree

I glanced at the dark haired girl who had just been brought in and chuckled softly.

"You're new, I gather." I said, more to myself than anything. She just whipped her head around, jaw slack, looking angry. She started screaming for her father, that if he loved her, he'd save her. I laughed again, more bitterly. I grimaced slightly as an IV was slipped into my arm.

"Hey," I started.

"What?!"

"Get used to it." I said with a bright smile. "Ouch- what's in this one? Oh... that's new. What's it do? Oh, of course you can't tell me. Oh, well, I'll find out after the Blue." I laid back down, staring into the fluorescent. Milo lifted an eyebrow, and I shrugged in response, my wings lifting and falling with my shoulders.

I had wanted to tell the girl that I had been here sixteen years, and no one had saved me. But I didn't want to face the wrath of the whitecoats and new girl in one day. Yikes. So I kept playing punch-buddy, wings edition, with Milo, instead.

"Punch buddy- that group looks like a bird," I said, thwacking his arm. His whitecoat glared me down. I raised my hands defensively.

"Punch buddy- that one looks like a syringe," I got a whack in the shoulder with a few much-too-strong black feathers.

Punch buddy. The ultimate we're-being-poked-with-needles-and-pumped-full-of-chemicals-and-tested-on-metal-tables-boredom buster.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

12 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Wren
I was stabbed in my lower back and I glared at the white coats willing one of them to trip lo and behold one of them did and we all burst out laughing. I hissed in pain as I got stabbed yet again in my back. The new girl continued to scream and I stared at her willing her to calm down I wasn't sure how this worked but it did so I kept concentrating gently willing her to calm down and she started to. I allowed myself a small smile but kept at it. I knew that what I could do could potentially kill someone but I kept it in small doses. I would often use it on my fellows to help numb the pain if they were having a hard time I often did it to Cree but like I said in small doses and she rarely noticed but I would notice that after testing she would give me a strange look like she suspected me of something.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:53 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Milo

Punch Buddy. The doctors hated when Milo and Cree played it, but they never did anything to stop them. "Milo, son, stop moving your wings." He'd rather be called monster over son any day.

"Why should I?" Milo was feeling particularly snarky today. "It's not like it's going to hurt any less if I do." He purposefully wriggled his wings as he sat up. A sudden, sharp pain ripped through his right wing. A military guy was standing over him as tears welled in his eyes. Milo hadn't seen him come in, and he'd never seen them in there before. He didn't know that the military people were even allowed in there.

"Stop moving your wings," he commanded. I climbed back on top of the table and sat still as the doctor stabbed my wing with a needle.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

57 Reviews

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:01 am

Cree

I wanted to jump up, scream, throw another tantrum. The doctors hated it when I did. Instead, I just yelled, "You can't do that to him!" and rolled over, massaging his wing. He shot me a grateful look and flattened his wing.

"Cree, please lay back down. We have a few more tests to run."

"No! Not until you make him leave!"

"CREE!"

I was forced back onto the table. I could feel a sedative running through the IV, and soon my body felt heavy. I resentfully glared at the ceiling, counting the tubes in the fluorescents, rubbing Milo's feathers with one hand. Kat had done it to my wings once, after one of the doctors shot something into one of the veins, and I knew it made the pain fade some.

Suddenly, I felt the comforting softness of Milo's beautiful black wings leave my fingers. With a cry of protest, I turned my head to find the military man glaring down, gripping my wrist. I yanked my arm forward, breaking his grasp. I folded my arms over my chest and took deep breaths as a new needle with new poison slipped into my calf.

Blast them. Blast them all.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

12 Reviews

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:05 am

Wren
I curled my hands into fists again letting my macabre and bloody imagination take over imagining all of us breaking free and kicking ass. I laughed grimly and the whitecoats all looked at me as if I was insane and I just looked down demurely to hide my grin.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:36 am
fictionfanatic says...

Can I joing? PLEASE!!! My person can be a new person here.
Live, Love, Laugh

27 Reviews

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:10 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Kyrah Loften

They came and got me AGAIN,it turns out they didnt give me all the shots because I kept hitting them and they didnt have time for all this when they had more of them to go. This time I got to walk on my own without people pulling me like a rag doll,as I passed the new girl,Angel I think her name was I had already gotten a head ache because with all her complaining about her dad bringing her here and the fact she has wings. I thought to myself,"god that girl needs to chill,all the griping aint gonna do a thing because once she is here, she is here to stay just like all of us." Then I let out a big huff.
After I was layed down and an IV stuck in my arm right beside the new girl she looked at me and I gave her a dirty look then said,"girl,will you please just be quiet...your here to stay,complaining to your doctor dad aint getting you nowhere!" but she just gave me a little huff and said,"I dont care what yall people say,my dad will get me out of here,I know he will." then she huffed again and turned to complain about her dad again.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:21 am
RayneChild says...

Andy

I watched, almost in horror, the scene that was unfolding. Kat, Wren and I seemed to be the only silent ones in the room. Everyone was shouting and jumping about and screaming. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little frightened, but no way did I allow it to show. I looked up at the doctor that had helped me with the treadmill earlier.

"Bet you're glad I'm not like them, huh Doc?" I asked him in a joking manner. I could tell he was trying hard to suppress a smile.

I glanced over at Kat. Her eyes were filled with terror. She was like a mother who was watching her children go mad. In a sense, she was. I exhaled heavily.

"They'll be alright," I told her. She turned her attention to me slowly. "Once they each get a sedative." She raised an eyebrow and her eyes widened. I sighed and shrugged, suddenly realizing that I probably wasn't helping.

I stared up at the ceiling, and suddenly I fell into my own little world. It was quiet and tranquil, and the pain and screaming was all a far distant memory - a dream, even. Or rather, a nightmare. Lush, green, rolling hills stretched out before me, and a dark, glassy lake was nestled in a quiet valley. On the other side, the trees showed the signs of autumn, bearing red and golden leaves. A cool breeze flowed by, and for one second, the world seemed like a beautiful place.

A tiny prickle made the vision disintegrate, and my world - the real world - was again filled with the sounds of blood-curdling shouts and cries. I was suddenly short of breath, and I could feel a warm drop of sweat run down my face. I thought I heard a small 'tsss' as it hit the icy steel of the table. My eyes adverted to the face of the doctor, who looked at me with a hint of concern.

"Everything alright, Andy?" He asked me. At least he knew my name. Better than Eugene, anyway.

I nodded quickly. "Yes, fine," I answered, my breath returning to me.

Though my muscle masked some of the feeling, I felt another needle plunge into me somewhere, and I could have sworn I heard the penetrating sound.
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

27 Reviews

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:00 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Jonathan Smith

When I finally woke up I was a little dizzy,then all the pain in my body came back and piled on me so I couldnt sit up any longer,I fell back and hit a metal thing on the outside of my bed. My wings felt like they were about to fall off but I knew I had to get up so I walked to my door and went to see where all the noise was coming from,it was actually cries and screams and hearing all that I almost started crying.
I seen Kat and Andy so I walked to them to see what all was going on, In Kats case she was in a blank face like she couldnt move because she was watching everyone be in pain and to all of us she was like a mother,protector more like it.
Just knowing she couldnt help any of them that were in pain was making her a little sad and she just couldnt move.
"Kat?" I asked in a questioning voice. She finally looked up after I said her name for the third time,"Yes,Jonathan?" then I looked at her and asked,"Are you ok?" but all she said was,"Truthfully,I dont know."

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'