z

Young Writers Society

Monster Exchange

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:45 am
f1shes says...

Matthias
Matthias' head lifted off his desk in an instant, his hand shooting into the air. "I will!"
An excuse! he thought. He slid out of his desk before the teacher could respond. He skipped up to the front of the class. He looked down at the girl and the teacher with a fake smile. "Please can I?"
The teacher blinked, she was kind of a pushover. The exchange had caught her off-guard, with a whole new set of students to take advantage of her during the class. "Um. Matthias will take you to..." the teacher looked at the paper, "Hunting 101."
Matthias led out a little purr and smiled, his whiskers popping out for a moment in joy. He headed out of the room and hurriedly shut the door, and his least favorite class, behind him.
The teacher poked her head out, "Matthias? Aren't you forgetting something?"
Matthias held up his hall pass and smiled stupidly. The teacher opened the door further, revealing a puzzled and uncomfortable Skylar still standing before the class.
"Oh yeah. Sorry. What's your name, again?"

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:43 pm
Undertaker says...

Skylar

I waited patiently as the teacher tried to choose someone to take me to class. Suddenly a hand shot up in the air. Following it, I realized that it was the same boy from the hallway, the one that had turned in to a cat. Before she could say anything, he got up and walked to the front of the room. I listened as she told him that I needed to be taken to hunting 101.

He nodded his head, he then starts to walk out the door, leaving me to stand in the classroom. The teacher yells at him, "Matthias? Aren't you forgetting something?". He must have done something, because next thing I know, the teacher is moving the door so that he can see me. “Oh yeah. Sorry. What's your name, again?”, he asked. “Skylar, nice to meet you.”, I said with a smile. Nodding his head, he then gestured for me to follow.

After following him for a couple minutes, we finally got to a classroom that was on the second floor. “Here you go, Hunting 101.” he stated. Smiling I thanked him, and stood in front of the door without moving. He was about to walk away when he noticed. He then stopped and turned around.

“You okay?” he asked.

It took me a second to realized that he was talking to me, “Um. Yeah, I think that I’m fine…”I stated then trailed off. I didn’t need to bother him with my problems. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and walked in. I left in open, and I could feel him watching me and he was not the only one. All the kids in the class were staring at me. I felt the cold chills travel down my spine. Taking a deep breath, I tried to ignore it as I walked over to the teacher.
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:39 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Rose~

I looked at the new schedule in my hand, What the hell? I thought seeing all the strange classes listed. I wandered through the halls, confused, as I tried to find my first class. I walked through a couple halls, but after ten minuets of searching, I gave up. "This is impossible!" I mumbled to myself. This school is so confusing. I thought, leaning on the wall, my hand fell to my side with the schedule.

13 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:34 am
f1shes says...

Matthias

Matthias watched the girl enter the classroom. He tried to smile, having gotten out of class for a few minutes. But he felt a little worried. The humans presence at the school was risky for everyone involved. The girl was obviously uncomfortable, but it seemed like she hadn't learned of the horrible monsters that attended the school. The situation's seriousness was suddenly revealed to Matthias. He clenched his teeth.
Glancing up to a clock in the hall, he remembered he had to return to class. He began thinking of excuse to be in the hall longer. He wrapped the paper hall pass around his finger and leaned against a wall. His hands met behind his head. Suddenly he noticed another human girl leaning against the opposite wall. She looked frustrated. He moved his head downwards to try and catch her gaze.
Matthias had always been somewhat of a pig when it came to girls. Motivated by his confidence and independence, he always did his best to be a ladies man. He flattered and flirted with girls, whose company he liked, as much as he could. But human girls had never been within his taste. The smell of humans generally sickened him and drove him away.
"Hey, you need some help?"

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Skylee

When I got my schedule I started walking down the halls til i finally found room 406 which was like 5 halls down from the main entrance. I walked into the class and i was so astonished because I never seen a guy part human and cat so I took a seat two places before the very back so I could get my pen and pad out to sketch out a picture of him before class ended.
While I was sketching I went into my own lil world and it blocks voices or anything else out,well at least it usually does. Then I felt somthing hit me in the back of the head so I turned around but the strangest thing was noone was there so i thought to myself,"either im just seeing and feeling things or just some people dont know how to leave others alone,"then i continued my sketching without any further interuptions.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:47 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jules

I glanced outside. Yeah, the full moon was two weeks away, buy I had a bad feeling. I grabbed a jar from my bag and unlatched the sides, hastily pulling out the cork. I poured a couple of silver pills into my palm, and downed them. All better. I could still shift, but not against my will. I made the pills myself- it was tricky, hazardous stuff, silver.

I rolled my head around. No CB in sight, silver supplement taken... I was alright. Other than being the freak wolf girl, and the only one who's been here seven years, the girl who was taken in by a human, the girl everyone hated for being an a predatory animal, yeah, I was splendrifucous.

I blinked back wetness in my eyes and ran a hand through my hair, picking up my pencil and doodling again. No one knew where our teacher was, or cared that much. I hoped he wasn't dead. That would kinda be bad.

You know. Kinda.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:40 am
untameabletiger says...

~Rose~

On the opposite side of the hall, I saw another person.. well .. monster. He moved his head down and looked at me, I tried not to look, but his eyes stayed on me.

"Hey, you need some help?" He asked in a melodic voice. I moved my arm up to look at my schedule. My arm fell back in place. Flipping my hair out of my face I glanced at him, but for some reason I couldn't look away from his gaze. It's either, ruin my straight A's or follow a monster, and it's my choice. I thought, debating my options. I was frustrated, and my head hurt from everything that had happened, my best choice was to follow him, and not have to worry about it. Well, except for the fact that something might pop out and eat me.

"Yea." I said, sounding embarrassed.

27 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:36 am
brittbritt12347 says...

Skylee

I got up out of my seat and walked out into the hall and I saw Rose walking through our hall with a strange monster so I walked over to her,"heyy rose," then she looked back at me with a smile and replied,"hello,I am so lost with all this exchange thing,have you found your way through all these halls?"
I just looked at her and laughed,"no not hardly...but i manage."

When I went back to class my doodles were all gone and i looked everywhere,noone would tell me where they were..all they said was,"I dont know," or, "who cares," then they laughed. I wanted to punch them in the face but some where monsters and so I had to think twice about it because I dont wanna get eaten or bitten so it was sucky and kinda funny all at once.

13 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 am
f1shes says...

Matthias

"Well, do you know where you're supposed to be?" Matthias held out his hand and took the schedule from the girl before she could answer. He looked down at the sheet, then back up at the clock. Thirty minutes left in class. He sighed, then lifted his head and grinned suspiciously.
"That's, uh. A bit far so I hope you're up for a walk." Matthias stood straight up off the wall and folded the schedule, handing it back to the girl. He put on the most genuine smile he could conjure and stepped to one side of the hallway to give her space. He started walking down the hall, beginning the time-consuming journey "to her class" and his perfect excuse.
Matthias looked down at the girl.
"So, how are you enjoying Shadowland, so far?"

Agnes
Having gotten away from the strange student when he looked away, Agnes tiptoed through the halls peeking into doors. Finally, she gave up trying to find her class in the labyrinth of halls. She didn't want to risk anyone. She opened each door until she found a heavy grey one with lead into a sporting field. Propping the door open with a rock, she snuck around a wall to the top of a hill, looking down on an oddly placed forest setting. The hill was so high she could gaze into the trees. It reminded her of a sporting arena, oddly enough. She sat on the ground and crossed her legs.
Suddenly, among the trees she saw a fast moving shape. She stood up, startled, to get a better look. As she looked closer she realized that there were wild animals running silently through the trees. Her heart began to pound. A large wolf, larger than she'd ever imagine, leapt into a clearing. Before her eyes it morphed into a human. In it's mouth was a rabbit, dripping with fresh blood. Agnes' heart dropped. She crept along the wall, hoping not to be seen, keeping her terrified eyes away from the trees. Finally, she reached a flat area and a set of dumpsters. She slid behind one and propped her panting body against it. Her eyes were watering. She slid to the ground and tried to catch her breath.

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:22 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Rose~

This was all completely awkward, but at least I could talk to someone new.After he looked at my schedule, he held it out for me. I saw Skylee, and talked to her for a second, He had no problem with the stop. We continued walking down the halls, It was hard not to stare at him, so I looked down most of the time.

"So, how are you enjoying Shadowland, so far?" He said to fill in the silence.

I looked up at him "I like it, well, except for the fact that I might get attacked at any moment. Seeing all the people from my school, being paranoid, is hilarious!" I answered, surprised at my lack of shyness, with a slight giggle.

No. No. No. No. No. Did I just giggle?!?! I thought, mentally slapping myself.

What the hell is wrong with me?!

27 Reviews

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:16 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Skylee

I thought this new exchange thing was awesome besides the fact that some monster could attack me at any minute so I was a little paranoid but I didnt let that get in the way of anything.
While I was walking down the hall I started thinking about things like,"What if you feel inlove with a monster? Or what if the monster fell for you but you didnt feel the same...what would the monster do? would he force you to or kill you?" It turns out I was thinking it a little bit to loud and people heard what I was thinking."If you didnt feel the same about us why would we want to kill you?"I heard someone say,it was apparently one of the monsters behind me but i didnt look back,"I dont know,its just I havent ever been around yalls kind before so I dont know how yall would react to something like that."I replied. Before he could answer me back I walked off really fast,mor like ran off.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:54 am
fictionfanatic says...

Balthazar:

When I heard someone's heart pumping fast and their blood running through their veins I couldn't help myself. They smeeled and sounded so...amazing. I began running down the hall and went out the door. Then, I ran in my inhuman speed to where the scent was coming from. When I got there I saw the girl from he hallway sitting on the ground crying, her pulse racing.

My throat ached for her warm blood to settle the fire in it. I walked silently up to her and stood there, waiting for her to look up. When she did a smile spread across my face. With that, I got down on my knees and got close to her, her scent making me more and more eager. She was rigid, but she did nothing to stop me. Closing my eyes I took in her scent deeply.

Memory of what I did to my sister flashed in my mind and I immediatly backed away.
Live, Love, Laugh

13 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:20 am
f1shes says...

Matthias
"I like it, well, except for the fact that I might get attacked at any moment. Seeing all the people from my school, being paranoid, is hilarious!" She replied.
Matthias heard a girlish sweetness in her voice that made him slightly nervous. He gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm surprised you're taking this so well. I'd expect you all to be terrified. Unfortunately, you don't know quite what you've gotten yourselves into. But those of us who aren't dangerous will try to keep an eye on you. You don't have to be quite so nervous, but don't let your guard down."
Matthias looked out over the hallways before him. He suddenly wished the period was longer so he could, well, skip it more with this girl.
"What was your name again?"

Agnes
The boy from earlier had appeared before. He was getting closer and closer, Agnes' heart dropped into her stomach. A cold sweat emerged from her pores. Her weeping ceased, but was replaced with a crippling shock. He knelt beside her and closed his eyes. His body-language was frightening, hungering and intimidating. Agnes curled up closer and lowered her head into her knees, sobbing. The fright from seeing the hunt going on in the fields had left her helpless and vulnerable.
The fight had almost drained out of her entirely, but she was able to lift her head, make eye contact and bark a shrill comment in the hopes of driving him away. She longed to feel safe again.
"What do you want from me?" she said, mustering up as much aggression she could.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:47 pm
Kaywiia says...

Could someone bring Crystal in?
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:21 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I will kaywiia

Balthazar:

I covered my mouth and nose with my hand to mask the smell as much as I could and answered "Nothing. Nothing. I'm fine. I'm sorry I scared you. I just got a little-" I paused and waited for the right word "overwhelmed. I'm a little ligh headed. I have'nt eaten in a few days."

With that I just had to get away. I ran away, not even caring she saw that I was runniong inhumanly possible. When I got into the hallway I smelled a more familiar smell and went right for it. Once there I saw Crystal and I grabbed her shoulders, taking in her mermaid scent. "She smells to good!" I breathed in Crystals scent deeply so I would clear my head of the other girl's smell.

For some reason, animal blood and other "monster's" blood never made me hungry. When I pulle dback I smelled the girl on me and covered my mouth "Get it off of me!"
Live, Love, Laugh

Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.
— Homer Simpson