z

Young Writers Society

Vanished

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon May 03, 2010 2:41 am
eldEr says...

GARRION

I looked up to see my sister sitting by the door to my cell. I blinked at her. "How'd you get out?" I was so confused by this point...

She shrugged. "The system's down. We probably could have gotten out a long time ago," she whispered. I tried to open the door, it didn't budge. "Try again," she urged. I did. The door swung open and I stumbled out, hugging Tanika.

She didn't hug back, but she grabbed my hand and urged me to come. Where to, I wasn't sure. I didn't care though. I just followed.

TANIKA

I had no clue where I was going, all that I knew was that I was out of my cell. I hadn't been in the building often, and I didn't know any of the turns. I just took stairs, hallways, doors. If I got stuck in a room and the door locked on me, if the window was the only way out so help me I'd take it.

I heard a howl. It didn't sound natural...it sounded eerie and haunting. I stopped dead. Garrion haulted by my side.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon May 03, 2010 2:38 pm
Lumi says...

David | The Boneyard

I hopped down feet-first into the crevice, bracing myself as brittle bones crunched under my feet. "Stay up there..." I motioned to Sydney to throw the flashlight she grabbed from the Examination room down to me. I turned it on and cringed as I looked around. Even lining the walls were bones and sepulchers that had run over from the first days of the facility's existence.

"Declan!" I yelled up to him, and he peered down into the crevice. "You stay there and find Cerebrus. Sydney will help you out..."

I turned the flashlight down, looking at the bones under my feet. "Lil' Midas... I need you with me. Everyone else, you have a choice." Everyone just stared down at me, curiously.

"We want to escape... But if escaping means letting Cerebrus loose on Earth, then..."

I watched their faces, and they suddenly understood. It was integrity. But looking across their faces, I noticed something glowering in their eyes more than integrity. "This is no time to be selfish."

Declan snarled, throwing Shairo's skull down at me, cracking me on the head. I fell on my face, motionless.

"This is a perfect time to be selfish. Psh." Declan knelt, grabbing the staff that Shairo had dropped just before the incinerator had gotten her. "Let's see The White Knight be noble when he's cha-..."

There was a short shwooping sound before the Zydrate staff fell to the ground, solid gold. The others looked at Declan menacingly.

"So we grab my pup first..."
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon May 03, 2010 2:54 pm
eldEr says...

TANIKA

I had no clue where I was. The sound was the scariest...but somehow the most wonderful sound I had ever heard in my whole life. A dog? I didn't know. Garrion was breathing heavily beside me.

I heard footsteps behind me and we both wheeled around. A boy with jet-black hair was staring at me. My heart leapt and I tensed up. There was something eerie about his presence. I stared at him.

Garrion was the first to speak.

GARRION

"Who are you?" I asked the boy. No reply. He was really creeping me out. I shoved my sister, trying to get her to keep moving, but she stayed put. I turned to her. "What, are you glued to the floor or something?" I hissed in her ear.

She didn't reply either. I followed her emotionless gaze. The creeper? Really? She had better not be interested... My prayers were answered when she took a step back, her emotionless eyes now held a tinge of fear. Good.

He swallowed and shoved his hands into his pockets. My sister moved behind me slightly. I grinned. She was scared? Interesting. Either that or she was just being her anti-social self. Then again she had looked pretty freaked out...
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Since I can't find a pic this is what Selene looks like Ebony black hair with red tips and midnight blue eyes with flecks of silver in them and pale skin.n Something horrible happened in her past and she won't talk about it. I was led into a cell and told in simple terms "Stay here or you will be killed." I rolled my eyes and gave the doctor's back the middle finger as she left. I hated this place already even though there was stone there was no sense of earth in it at all. I sighed and sat on the ground my back against the wall my black hair falling over my face. 'Well this is peachy keen.' I thought to myself brushing my hair out of my eyes. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes forcing myself to imagine that I was a bird that I was free from this place flying far away.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon May 03, 2010 9:04 pm
ZebraSkittles says...

~Sydney~

I jumped down next to David, swearing under my breath. "Declan. I'm going to kill you," I growled.

"Come and get me." He taunted. I climbed back up to the surface, glancing at the forming crowd of misfits. "You think you are something special don't you Syd?" He snarled.

"Declan, Get over yourself. You aren't as big and bad as you seem to think you are." I said, stepping toward him.

A ghost swooped down the from the sky, pushing me to the ground. I smiled, pulling myself back up, "Coward. You can't even do anything by yourself. You have your ghosts do everything."
Try smiling in the rain. When you are sad. It's harder than it looks.
~Cassi (me)

12 Reviews

Mon May 03, 2010 11:37 pm

My head jerked up when I heard some of the doctors talking about the other people who had escaped. " You should have kept a better eye on them." The first voice said. "But the system was down they got free that way." The second voice argued. "Never mind them what are we going to do about her?" The first voice said quietly obviously talking about me. " I don't know she is a mystery." The second voice replied. "Only four years until she's 19 then it's bye bye Selene the second voice said. I felt my eyes widen I had to get out of here as soon as possible but how. Then it hit me the system was obviously electrical so if electricity could power it it could shut it down too. I crossed my legs and placed my hands on the floor focusing on energy I felt the electricity pulse through me and towards the system I smirked taking my hands of the floor the lights flickered and went off and my smile grew larger. "What the ..." Before the first voice could finish I opened my cell door and ran as fast as I could out of that hell hole. I stopped at least a hundred yards away then realized I had no way to get out of the mountains no way to get out of here. I groaned and put my face in my hands. 'Stupid Selene you should have figured this out first' I lectured myself. I ran as fast as I could again focusing on putting distance between me and that place I ran until I collapsed nearly blacking out gasping for air. I looked over my shoulder and smiled slightly I had put at least a few hundred more yards between me and the hell hole. I sat up and focused on breathing hoping a plan would come to me.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon May 03, 2010 11:39 pm
fictionfanatic says...

deleted
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Tue May 04, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

12 Reviews

Mon May 03, 2010 11:50 pm

I sighed in irritation and stood up running again as fast as I could determined to push myself until I did black out as long as I got out of here I didn't care at all. " Ok so where am I going how the hell do I get there and why am I talking to myself again." I asked myself aloud. 'Because you miss him and you still blame yourself the little voice in the back of my head said quietly. " IT IS MY FAULT IF I HAD BEEN THERE HE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!" I screamed pushing myself even harder until my muscles were screaming at me and my throat was raw. I just kept pushing myself forcing myself to leave those thoughts behind.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue May 04, 2010 12:37 am
Octave says...

Declan l Courtyard

Declan didn't throw the skull. Honest! It was Mary. Stupid woman. He snorted and walked away from the mess. Okay fine. Cerberus was running around. So what? He'd still come whenever Declan called. Cerberus was his dog, his familiar, and - didn't David hear what Shairo said? - a part of Declan all at once. There was no way Cerberus wouldn't come when Declan called.

He ignored Sydney's standard you-are-a-coward comments and walked away. It pissed him off, but he didn't want to murder David's girlfriend and make him even madder than he already was. She did not know what cowardice was.

Cowardice was when he allowed them to take her away for no good reason.

"NO, NO GOD NO please you can't let them - DECLAN DO SOMETHING!"

He closed his eyes and leaned his head against the wall, fighting back the tears as they came. Listened to her screeching to the white mage screeching as she clung to her door, heard the door banging and the electric shocks they gave her.

"I'M NOT EVEN NINETEEN YET!" She was sobbing so hard, so very hard. Like the day they first met, when she was three and he was five. When she was on her way back to the Dorm and collapsed crying just a little bit away from her cell.

He couldn't even bring himself to say it.
"Don't cry. It'll all be all right. The words were stuck in his throat because he knew she had a reason to cry. It wouldn't be all right, not this time.

And for the briefest moment he wondered if maybe Stella's body was in the heap. No, it couldn't be. He would have known if they fed her to Cerberus.

A new light dawned in Declan's eyes. She could still be alive in here somewhere. This was an amazing chance to search for her. He was staying all right, staying and telling Cerberus to run whenever they came near. He would stay until he found Stella, then they'd leave.

Not that he ever planned on letting Sydney and David get their hands on his dog anyway.

Hear that, boy? We're playing hide and seek. Don't get caught.
Last edited by Octave on Tue May 04, 2010 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

12 Reviews

Tue May 04, 2010 12:50 am

So I have a random question am I going to find my own way out or is someone going to help me? 'Cause I can work either way but I would prefer if someone helped me.

Random avatar

Reviews: 51
Tue May 04, 2010 2:50 am
ireylcadence says...

Aladdin

I had given David the biggest eye-roll when he had told me I was going into that hole. Did he really expect me to go anywhere where maggot-ridden bodies would fall apart underneath my very feet? But then, the girl just had to jump in, and besides, Declan looked like they had really forgotten his pills today, so daintily, just ever so carefully, I reached one foot over the ledge and took in a deep breath.

And then Destiny pushed me in. "Might as well get it over with." Her smile was slightly apologetic. I raised a brow at her. Destiny, actually smiling? Things were truly going wacky. I had even forgotten to vomit as my hand struck a bone.

"Great. Stuck with you pair of lovers. If I don't die, I'm switching over to Declan's side." The bodies weren't so bad after you got used to the smell. And if I didn't think about it, I'd even forget that I would have become one of them. "Game plan, guys?"
The wittiest thing is the simple truth.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue May 04, 2010 8:39 pm
ZebraSkittles says...

~Sydney~

I caught a whiff of something I had never felt from Declan before. I closed my eyes, "Declan..."

He looked at me, "What?"

I wasnt going to say anything, not in front of all these people. "I'm sorry."

Everybody looked at me. That was something I'd never said to anyone, not even David.

Declan's eyes filled with suspicion, "What are you trying to pull? I'm not falling into your tricks."

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean." He snarled.

"Declan, I'm not trying to pull anything."

"Sure you aren't." He said, crossing his arms.

"I belive in you. I belive in this plan. I think we should give it a go."

The crowd was silent, waiting for Declan to answer.
Try smiling in the rain. When you are sad. It's harder than it looks.
~Cassi (me)

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue May 04, 2010 10:58 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Destiny:

Aladdin hesitated before jumping in the hole. Squeezing his eyes shut he overed one foot in the air. Thinking fast I pushed him in. Looking down at him a gave him a smile to say sorry "Might as well get it over with."

"Great." Someone said sarcastically. "Stuck with you pair of lovers. If I don't die, I'm switching over to Declan's side." Another said "Game plan guys?" I leapt into the hole holding my breath. Sydney and Declan began arguing. Forcing my thoughts into their heads I said "Guys, stop. No tthe time, not the place. You can argue when we get the heck out of here. In fact, you can beat each other. Just cool it." Declan clenched his teeth and said "Get the heck out of my head."

I released my thoughts from them and said "Okay, game plan. What are we going to do?"

Fate:

I stood there quietly not wanting to intrude. I'd rather save my breath. This death pit was making me sick.
Live, Love, Laugh

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed May 05, 2010 12:23 am
Octave says...

GUYS. Who is going with David and who's tagging along with Declan? *is so confused*

Declan l Dorm Hallway

She believed in him? What the hell was she talking about? Whatever. Didn't matter. He was going to find Stella and then "find" Cerberus and get out of this dump.

Then Declan paused mid-step and a spirit down the hallway gave him a sorrowful look.

"You won't want to find her."

Why not? "What?"

"She's dangerous now, and will she recognize you as the boy she loves...or as the boy who abandoned her? Think well, necromancer."

Just like that the spirit vanished. Declan's heart hammered in his chest and he felt Sydney put a hand on his shoulder.

"Declan, what did that spirit just say? You're pale. Well, paler than usual."

"She said Stella's alive."

Right? That was what the spirit said. That Stella was alive. And that was the only thing that mattered. Declan broke into a run just then, ignoring the frightened whimpers of his team as Cerberus howled again.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

Random avatar

Reviews: 51
Wed May 05, 2010 2:55 am
ireylcadence says...

Kara, do we need a Stella? *hopefulface* 0:D
If not, could I still make another character? Declan seems kind of lonely. ;)
The wittiest thing is the simple truth.

What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god -- the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
— William Shakespeare