z

Young Writers Society

Black Feathers

Reviews: 2
Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:27 pm
KinetaAlettaThyra says...

~Tania~

I saw that Nya was glaring at me, like I did something wrong. The others were looking at me too. I felt like a poor animal traped in a corner by big wide-eyed beasts. I backed up to the wall, alittle very scared. As much as I liked being around other people, I hated it when I was stared at like I was a freak. Which I was. I stood there speechless, unable to make a sound.
Curiosity killed the cat,
But Satisfaction brought it back! :D
If that never happened,
How do you think I'm still here? ;)

Everyone has a right to be Stupid
but that doesn't mean you should abuse the privilege!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:35 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Nya:

I rolled my eyes "Jeez, don't go into a panic attack." I turned back to Lyk and said "Lyk, hon, are you feeling better?" He nodded "I think so."
Live, Love, Laugh

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:45 pm

~Tania~

I saw Nyk roll her eyes and I let my head drop. I was wierd, the way she was talking to him. I shruged it off. They were good friends. a field of expertise which I knew almost nothing about.
If that never happened,

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:53 pm
ScarlettFire says...

**I don't think Lyk and Nya are supposed to know each other, until well, now. Nevermind.**

Azar:

Yawning, I went back to lounging in the doorway. Nya was scaring Tania, or something. I wasn't sure but Tania didn't look happy.

I shrugged and turned my attention to the street outside, which was pretty much empty. In the room, Nya was talking to Lyk while Tania tried to hide in a corner. I realised I was bored and decided to make it rain.

Calling down a storm, even just for rain, was harder than I thought but I tried anyway and eventually it started to rain. I glanced back into the room and saw Nya watching me.

"What?" I asked, frowning at her.

"Did...you....just make it...rain?" she asked as she stood up. I shrugged and bit my lip, flapping my wings a little, nervously. Yeah, I was nervous. Why did she have to ask me that?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:07 pm

~Tania~

I whatched as one of the girls, Azar, made it rain. I kept my face blank as I freaked out a bit in my mind. Sha can make it rain? That's so cool! I smiled in my head Much better than healing, that's for sure. But then I remembered. I started twirling my hair nervously. I can't go out into the rain. Or, I would actually look like the freak I am.
Last edited by KinetaAlettaThyra on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If that never happened,

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 pm
Apple says...

Lyk~

I stood up from the bed almost toppling over Nya. She grabbed at my shoulder repositioning me. I stared at my shoulder; it had been healed really well. I could barely feel the splintering pain of what humans liked to call a “Bullet”.

I shrugged my shoulders, rolling them to make sure the pain didn’t increase. It didn’t. I sighed with relief stepping off of the bed. Nya helped me off making sure I didn’t collapse.

The other girl, Azar, stared out into the clouds a large smile across her face as droplets of rain began to fall. I walked towards her and Tania; they turned and stared at me as I hobbled towards them.

“Why did they attack us?” Tania asked, her innocent eyes stared up and into the battle field. “I think they hate us, meh, humans were always stupid anyway!” Azar shook her head, her red hair darkened slightly as she slipped under a shadow.

“Maybe that’ll be the last time we see them!” Nya smiled trying to be positive. I shook my head, “I don’t think that is the last of them.”
I spy!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:56 pm

~Tania~

I smiled to myself, seeing the white haired boy almost fully healed. I looked like heck, but that didn't matter. I didn't matter.
The others started talking about why the humans possibly hated us, and that they were going to start this thing called 'war'. After a little bit, I asked "What is this 'War'?"
They stared at me like I looked like I normally did, with out the dye. I looked at my hair to be sure that it wasn't silver. It's not, thank goodness. Nya rolled her eyes, like I said something wrong. What? It's not my fault I don't know what it is.
If that never happened,

199 Reviews

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:16 pm
Apple says...

Lyk

"The war has been fueding for most than a thousand years, it's only now that it's actually becoming apparent" I said in a monotone repeating my gand fathers words they day he died.

Tania looked up at me for a second contemplating what to say. "Why?" She said slowly looking around at Azar and Nya. They both sighed pain wretching their eyes.
"We don't know?" Azar began before Nya interupted, "They are jealous of us."

I frowned, maybe it was because they are jealous...but most they were scared. They are scared of what Moarins can do. Fear is a nasty enemy.

Hayden Rawlins~

"Those nasty devils came swooping on us in large numbers, trying to take the President of America hostage. I didn't let those bird people though, I pulled up my visor and jumped into the closest flying machine I could find. Using my sheer bravery I began to rode towards the horde of bird men, shooting most of them down...." I sighed looking away from Grandpa.

I hated it when he started telling these nonsense stories. I looked around the library, and the small place Grandpa, I, and a few wide eyed children sat. "That's so cool!" The shortest boy yelped his eyes glimmering with adventure.

"No, no, no Samson. It was a terrifying experience, but I' do it again any day!" Granpa smiled at the two girls practically jumping up and down in their seats. I shook my head and chuckled, "Grandpa, stop placing ideas in their small gullible heads!" I laughed.

"I ain't lying Hayden. Why, when you were young you also believed in the bird people!" Grandpa spat looking outside and onto hte desolate road of the country side street. I felt like chucking something at Grandpa, and yes, I had believed in them once upon a time, but not anymore!
I spy!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:05 pm

~Tania~

I tought about it. What if they were afraid? What if they were Jelous? What if they were angry that they were jelous of someone higher then them, so they got angry at us. Then they thought they have to destroy us, then they would be the greatest being on earth in thier eyes, and their jelousy would disapear. I looked up, three faces staring at me. I relized that what I was thinking I said aloud. oops. I hung my head and shrank back.
If that never happened,

Reviews: 1
Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:10 pm
Codie says...

Hey Apple is there still room for one more. I know I'm new and sort of don't get this but can I please make triplets! :D I've noticed most people don't actually make triplets instead just twins. Oh, yes, and they’re humans.

199 Reviews

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:19 pm
Apple says...

Yes sure! :D You can have triplets, if you have any questions just say and i'll be happy to help!
I spy!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Ditto what Apple said! :smt003
If that never happened,

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:44 pm
Codie says...

Okay cool! Here is the profile, I'll bring them in later.

Name:
Penny, Josh and Max Lyons

All of them are 16, though Josh is eldest by nine minutes. Penny is second oldest and Max the youngest. A three minute distinction between the three of them.

Penny is female, whilst Josh and Max are male.

Appearance:
All three triplets look opposite one another. The only thing the same about them is the birthmark on their neck’s reaching up to their chins.

Clothing:
Penny likes to wear dresses, or frilly shorts and pants. Josh wears skinny jean pants with a fluffy jumper on, whilst Max wear baggy pants and a band t-shirt he goes no where with out.

Picture:

This is Penny:
Spoiler! :

This is Josh:
Spoiler! :

This is Max:
Spoiler! :

History:
They all lived in a rusty old shed in the outback for most of their lives with their over protective parents. Being sort of farm people they know how to round animals up and grow a wide rang of food.

Though, they were home schooled, and since their parents weren’t to go at school themselves Penny, Josh and Max have limited knowledge about the world and how it operates.

Likes/ Dislikes:
They all like animals though with a distinction, Penny loves flowers and sweet smelling fragrances. She cannot stand fighting or blood shed usually crying when a drop of blood is emitted from someone.

Josh is rather a jock; he loves football, girls and parties. He cannot stand being serious and has a small amenity to Max, his brother.

Max loves to read and write poetry, his is the brains out of the three. He cannot stand musky smells, a lot of physical activity and isn’t on very mutual ground with Josh.

Strengths/ Weaknesses:

Penny: Her strength is her ability to creep around and not be seen. Though she can scream really loudly and often falls over her own feet. She is not good a speed, strength, or agility.

Josh: Very fast and strong, Josh is a very good jock. Though he isn’t the smartest and that is very visible to everyone else.

Max: Very smart, though very weak and slow.

Other: All of them are up for love. Penny is a good singer, and often likes to play the flute. When think, Max will play with his childhood toy, the yoyo.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:36 pm
Codie says...

Penny, Josh and Max Lyons

Max-

I stood on the front porch looking up into the sky. The fragments on Earth floating in the sky had always allured me more than my brother; Josh and sister; Penny. They would always ignore it saying that it wasn't normal for peices of Earth to be in the sky!

Just like Pappa and Mamma, ignoring something that is right before you very eyes. It wasn't that I didn't think it was normal, no, I thought it was the wierdest thing in the world! Though, they seemed so interesting. And tales about floating peice of Earth are just to irresistable to sustain.

"Help us Max!" I heard Penny scream as she ran around the house chasing a wet and angry goat. Penny was in front of it screaming at hte top of her lungs as it charged for her. Josh ran quickly behind it screaming for Penny to calm down.

I sniggered at the display, pushing my glasses back up the bridge of my nose. "Max, get your ass in here and help us catch tihs thing!" Jopsh shouted diving for the goat.

Josh-

The goat jumped out of my grip almost kicking me in the already wounded nose. I jumped back watching as it trailed after Penny, droplets shaking from its golden coat. Max ran past me panting heavily. "Get up Jake!" He tried to mimick my voice thou failed miserably.

"Shut up four eyes!" I screamed charging past him shoving him to ground. Who did he think he was, Queen Elizabeth II! "Calm down Penny, get to a tree or something!" Max screamed getting to his feet and dusting his baggy jeans off. Penny jumped for the nearest tree snagging a low branch, she climbed quickly up.

"Catch that goat!" Penny shouted scrambling higher as it began to hit at the tree. I rushed towards it my heart pounding. I could see Max in the corner of my eyes racing towards the other side of the tree Penny was perched in.

Penny~

Clawing higher up into the tree, my breath was raspy and the smell of sweat drenching me.
Josh dived for the goat sendind the two of them crashing towards the ground. Max ran around the other side of the tree grabbing on to the goats legs holding him down fastly.

"Penny open the goat gate would you!" Josh screamed as the goat began to struggle under their hold. Jumping out of the tree I rushed towards the gate swinging it open. Josh and Max both grabbed at it dragging the goat towards the gate.

It squirmed kicking it hooves around in the air helplessly. Rolling it in, I swung the gate shut as it ran off towards the others of its herd. "Wow, that was a work out!" Josh panted wiping away a drop of sweat. Max nodded pushing his glasses, yet again, up the bridge of his nose.

"So what did you learn today, Penny?" Max Stuttered. "That I hate goats, and they hate me!"

199 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:12 am
Apple says...

I'm hoping to get the humans up to Leechor soon, so yeah, if you want to make a human character (anyone else) than you'd better do it quickly! :D

PS. Funny post Codie! :lol:

Hayden Rawlins:

The soft rickety sound of grandpa's engine rung in my ears as we swerved dangerously into a dirt road leading to our small house. I screamed jumping onto my seat, clutching on to the seats for safety.

"Hayden! You never would've survived in the fight against thoes darn bird people!" Grandpa screamed over the loud noises of the wind surging through the open windows. I screamed loudly as Grandpa swerved again missing a termite hill in the middle of the dirt road.

"Grandpa slow down!" I shouted loudly practically jumping around in my seat. "What speed up?" Grandpa crammed his large foot on the accelerator sending the truck hurtling forwards. "Grandpa!" I squealed as the truck dived down a long slope heading towards a very sharp turn off.

"Hold on Hayden!" Grandpa shouted, "Ooo would you lookey here! That's where my glasses got off to" Bending over grnadpa took his hands of hte steering wheel and buried them in the glove compartment trying to get his reading glasses.

I screamed loudly, "Grandpa!" Grabbing onto the steering wheel I forced it quickly to the left water spraying around the wheels of the car. The car came to a slow stop, the rust screeching against the brakes.

"Whoa!" Grandpa awed placing on his thick glasses, I never noticed a farm there!" He pointed out to see a big farm and a small house. Three kids ran around chasing after a goat. "Must be new!" Grandpa turned the ignition back on and began to drive again, "Told you this was a short cut home!" Grandpa shrilled as I saw our shack coming up towards us.
I spy!

"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
— Lewis Carroll