z

Young Writers Society

As Darkness Draws Near...

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:14 pm
SishBee says...

Fren suddenly got up.

Sorry, Trent I have to go! She ran out of the door and round the corner.

Once she was out of sight and in the shadows. She whistled again that strange sound of hundreds of notes at once.

"You called?"

Fren smiled. He was stood right behind her, breathing right down her neck.

~SishBee~
x
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:28 pm
vamplord12 says...

*SIRE*

I lay in my coffin thinking about if it was a right decision to blood Fren.

"Well she will become a very powerful ally later in my devious plan... i know as well as many others that she urges for power."

I get out of my coffin slowly, slightly weak.
"I really need to be more consious about when i feed," i said aloud.

*--------------outside-------------------*

i lurk in the shadows, watching, waiting. Waiting for the prey that i was sure was not going to be there anytime soon.

I heard a whistle that sounded like hundreds of notes at once. I automatically locked on to the sound. i appeared behind Fren, making sure my hood was pulled up.
"You called?" i said.
i knew for a fact that she was smiling. i grinned an evil grin... my plot was about to unfold...
there is no such thing as good and evil, there is only power...

52 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:33 pm
SishBee says...

Fren turned. He still looked like he had the day he blooded her.

"Yes, I called. And wipe that evil grin off your face." She added playfully.

He smiled. "So, you know the plan?"

She nodded and drawing closer whispered "How could I forget."

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:04 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent

Trent bit into his pizza and looked across at Celina.

"How did you meet your Sire?" He asked her,

"Its a long story." She said biting into her slice. Trent had never grown bored of the taste of pizza, to him it was just to good to give up.

"I have time," He replied with a smile.

"Where did Fren go?" She asked,

"I don't know," He looked her face over, "Do you not want to talk about it?"

"THats not it..." She said and paused biting into the pizza again.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

29 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:14 pm
vamplord12 says...

*SIRE*

"Now, before we discuss the plan, i must feed, it has been too long," I say.

"Yes Sire, i will accompany you in hunting down your prey," fren answered.

"No, i need the excercise. And plus, you would not be able to keep up with me."

"Yes Sire, i will wait for you back in your quarters."

"i will see you then..." and i sped away so fast, all she could see was a blur.

*---------10 minutes later----------*

i walked into my chambers looking satisfied. At first i saw no one, then in a corner i saw fren sitting there.

"What are you doing sitting in a corner?" i asked.

"You know i hate coffins, you knew that since you embraced me."

"Yes, i am getting old and you know that i may only be able to live a few more millenia"

"I am sorry to change the subject Sire, but, what did you do with the bodies you fed off of?"

"Not to worry about that, i took care of them very well. now lets discuss this plan again just to make sure we have it correct."

"Yes, Sire."

"Ok so this is how it will go..."
Last edited by vamplord12 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:18 pm
VampireBadger says...

i looked over at Trent, why did i feel, now that fren had disappeared that i could talk to this guy? cause he was young, like me...?

"well..." i began. "i met him when i was a child. seven years old i think. he adopted me from the orphanage i was staying at. for the life of me i can't figure out why! maybe he was lonely and wanted a daughter, some one to care for. he's that kinda guy, likes helping poeple out, giving them a fair chance at life. anyway, i grew up and he's been like a dad to me until... well..." i took a bite of my pizza for an excuse to stop talking.

but Trent still looked at me intently so a went on. "i've been his girlfriend ever since i was seventeen... he Embraced me and that's about it. i love him..." but even as i said those last three words i realised for the first time in years, that i doubted them. i actually had to think about what i was saying and whether it was true. but of course it was true... it must be. and yet...

i pushed these thoughts from my mind and began wolfing down my pizza. "so what about you?" i asked. "anyone special...?"
if at 1st you don't succeed, eat the leaf of a sicamore tree and stand naked in a barrel of newt eyes with a frog in your mouth!

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:51 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent shook his head no, “Ever sense I was embraced I’ve kept to myself.” He said quietly biting into his pizza though he wasn’t hungry any more.

“Why?” She asked looking at him,

“I don’t know,” He sighed and looked around, “I guess I don’t want people to think I’m a freak or something and go and try and kill me. Its stupid but oh well.”
Want a Readers crit???

52 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:56 pm
SishBee says...

Fren only half listened, this was the... she tried to count and then gave up. They had been over this so many times she could go over it by heart. Then, she had an idea, Trent was an old friend, she cared about him and Celenia didn't have to get involved in this. It was her Sire they wanted.

Trent? You there?

Yep. What is it? Where are you?

Never mind that. I want you to take Celenia out for the day, and the night, tomorrow too if you can manage it.

Why?

I think you have an idea why. But don't tell Celenia, I am sure you kno what she would try and do.

She heard him sigh in her head. Sure. I know you have to do this but she doesn't understand. She was willingly Embraced and doesn't understand people like us.

Look after yourself Trent.

You too Fren. See you sometime. Maybe.

She cleared her head of him.

"You got that?" Sire asked.

Fren nodded impatiently. "We will meet here at midnight."

"Till midnight." Sire sprang up the walls and diserpeared.

Fren waited around the corner for about half an hour until Trent and Celenia left. Trent caught sight of her for a moment and half smiled at her. He looked sad. Then he winked and they walked off down the street together.

~SishBee~
x
-Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:07 pm
VampireBadger says...

i looked at him, surprised. "i don't think you're a freak," i told him.

he didn't answer.

"listen..." i said, after the pizza, "i really should be getting back to my Sire now. he'll be missing me..."

Note - vampires are not BLOODED. they are EMBRACED! *starts speaking a little scared* and don't you ALL go evil on me...!
if at 1st you don't succeed, eat the leaf of a sicamore tree and stand naked in a barrel of newt eyes with a frog in your mouth!

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:37 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*I'm not, I really have no clue what Fren is talking about :'(, but heck, I think I'll figure something out*

Trent thought about what Fren had said, how the heck was he supposed to keep Celina away from her Sire, with out her no longer trusting him. He sighed, what was Fren up to, what was going on.

“He might still be resting, you wouldn’t want to wake him.” He said turning down a road that would be the long way back to the apartment hoping she wouldn’t notice. What was Fren planning, what the heck was happening.

“I could be quiet.” She said looking at him confused.

“I don’t know, I really don’t know if we should go back just yet.” He replied,

“Why, what is happening that I don’t know about?” Celina demanded stopping and looking at him.

“Fren doesn’t think it is safe for a fledgling, not even me. She said to try and keep you away that your Sire will deal with whatever is going on and get a hold of us when it is safe.” Trent said hoping she wouldn’t want to go back.
Want a Readers crit???

29 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:49 pm
vamplord12 says...

*SIRE*

*----------11:30 pm----------*

"Come fren, we must be getting ready"

"yes Sire"

"Do you have the garlic?"

"Garlic doesnt affect us Sire. why would you want it?" fren questioned.

"im hungry is all," i joked.

"well i hope that you wont joke when we go and kill Celina's Sire"

"oh believe me, i wont joke... this is something i will enjoy very much"
*NOTE FROM VAMPLORD*
~(unfortunately for him he wont know what is going to happen)~

"now, let us be off fren"

"yes, let's"

And they set off into the night...

Random avatar

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:25 pm
VampireBadger says...

Now this was rediculous! i stopped in my tracks, planting myself firmly.

"what the hell is going on!?"

he hushed me, putting his hands on my shoulders. "i don't know! i don't know what's going on..."

but i shrugged him off. "but he loves me! why is he keeping me in the dark...?" i quieten, looking into his eyes, my own full of confusion and doubt, my voice heavy with sorrow and guilt. "what has he done...?"

"i... i..." he looked as confused as i was.

"he must have done something!" i state. "what evil has he done to have a murderer after him?" and for the first time i voiced the nagging words at the back of my mind that i had not allowed to surface until now. "who is he...? all this time i thought i knew him, My Sire... but now..." the words seemed to bring up all my emotion in one moment and tears pricked my eyes, my voice cracking uncontrollably. "who is he...?"

and with that, i collapsed sobbing on his chest.

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:31 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Trent pulled Celina close and tried to comfort her.

"I'm not sure, I don't know whats going on but I am going to help as much as I can, I just can’t let you go back, you might be in danger and I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if anything happened.” He said she just sobbed and he tried his best to comfort her. ‘FREN!’ He screamed in his head, where was she, what was going on, he wanted to know and he wanted to know now. What was he keeping from Celina, what was Fren keeping from him.
Want a Readers crit???

29 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:29 pm
vamplord12 says...

*SIRE*

as we set off to kill Celina's sire we talked about what would happen if we failed at this reletivly simple task.

"what will happen if we fail do you think?" fren asked me.

"well if the fight goes on a turn for the worst, we could always surrender and make a treaty."

"that could work, but what if one of us dies?" *(hint hint)*

"well, that would kinda suck now wouldnt it?"

"i guess..." fren said shifting the backpack she was carrying.

*----------11:55 pm----------*

trent has celina sobbing on his chest.
celina looks up for some reason and sees fren and i going into the apartment building.

"what are those two doing here?" celina asked trent.

"i dont know...but i need some answers, lets go."

*----------11:59----------*

fren stood by me and watched as i positioned the stake above the other sire's heart.
the door of the apartment suddenly flew open just as i plunged the stake into the other's heart.

"NO!!!!!!!" celina yelled, pounding on my back with her fists

i turn around and just as i do, Trent punches me in the face.

"oh that is it!" i yell. then i attack, pulling knives out of my cloak.

we fought for about five minutes until something very terrible happens.

"you fight well," i say.

"i know i do, i had gotten secret lessons from celina's sire before you killed him"

"well you wont get anymore now will you?"

he replied with a snarl and knocked one of my knives from my hand, unfortunately it sailed right into the heart of my dear apprentice fren.

all i hear is a scream and i knew what happened...

i rush to her side not caring if trent killed me then and there, but trent stopped, stunned at what he just did.

"sire...it will be...all right...," she said slowly, taking breaths between words.

"no fren, it wont, i will have no one to take my place when i die."

"yes,...you will...i have embraced...another...their name is...crag"

then, she died...

"now, i must track down this person named crag," i said.

"wait," trent said,"why did you kill him?"

"because, about a thousand years ago, he tried to get my wife to have an affair with him, she refused and said it wasn't right, that she loved me too much to have an affair. so, he killed her. he said that if she wasnt going to be with him then she wasnt going to be with anybody.
"i have been tracking him down ever since."

all this time Sire was explaining, celina was on the floor crying her eyes out, as well as listening to the conversation.

"now if you excuse me i must bury Fren and track down the one named Crag"

i took off at a little under the speed of light with Fren's body in my arms, the entire time thinking this:

"Fren may have died, but i hope that this crag will be just as loyal as she was. fren, you will not have died in vain."

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:41 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*WHOA, does VampireBadger, and Fren's person know you killed those people??? Sorry I'm not posting anythign else yet*
Want a Readers crit???

True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are, it requires you to be who you are.
— Brené Brown