z

Young Writers Society

Dragon Champions

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:24 am
Nutty says...

Tyr sat cross-legged on a cliff, his breathing steady and even.

"Why do you do this all the time? Wouldn't sleeping in the sun be better?"

Tyr didn't answer, focusing on centering his inner self.

"Tyr! Stop with the silly breathing thing and answer me!"

Tyr sighed and gave up. Opening his eyes, he turned to eye Fryten.

"I thought I told you not to disturb me while I'm meditating." Tyr gently reprimanded his oldest friend.

"But your so boring when you do that! I want to fly!" Fryten reared up, spreading his wings.

"I suppose that's just as good!" Tyr laughed, climbing up Fryten's back.

"Better!" Fryten bragged, launching himself off the cliff.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:16 pm
Layleun says...

Hok shifted from foot to foot, "I am sorry if I have intruded on anything."

The girl continued to practice, she and her dragon were skillful but they needed more grace and style. Hok and Chiino watched and mentally compared what they though of the pair.

**shoots down writers block and stuffs it in a trash can* I hate not being able to think of anything XP*

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:49 pm
Tamora says...

Lyin looked towards the dragon soaring throught the sky in front of her, Hyte's grace was unmatched and she'd always been happy with her moneuverabilty(?). But it was her strength that let her down, whenever she was in competition with a stronger dragon, she had to be skillful, rather then brute-like.
"Imagine the dragon's coming from behind, dive down, then twist around till you're behind it. Then drive it to the ground," she shouted out to Hyte.

"Sure thing," Hyte gracefully practiced the maneuver, over and over until Lyin was satisfied.

Lyin looked out towards the mountain, and noticed another dragon practicing near the cliffs. She sharpened her vision and saw that it was their competition. She scowled as she noticed the strong build of the other dragon, then saw the grace and style, realising that this was an all round dragon, good at all aspects, with no real perfection in either. She smiled, that could become useful.

Hyte landed and went to bathe in the sun, while Lyin went to the mess to get hersellf some food to recover her strength, ready for the competition that afternoon.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:24 pm
Maybe says...

"That's our competition." Crys said, pointing to the dragon and rider farther away. Palin looked and snorted.

"THATS our competition?"

"Yes."

"This should be easy."

"Don't get too cocky. C'mon, we need to practice some more." Crys said. Palin followed her to the ledge, black scales shining. Crys jumped on his back and they took off.

"Now, pretend you and another dragon are charging. Right before they hit you and so you still have time to come back up, dive down a couple of feet so you and the dragon don't hit. Now, come back up and ram the other dragon's underside." Crys instructed. She held onto Palin's spikes as he did the routine flawlessly and gracefully.

"Good, do it again!" Crys said. Palin obeyed and Crys had him do that and the other routine over and over again until she was compleatly satisfied with both. Then she had him do some new ones, and old ones. When she was happy with what Palin had done she told him to fly back to the ledge.

"Get some sleep. The match is in a couple of hours." Crys said. Palin reluctantly agreed and went into the cave to sleep.

"Wow, you're really good." Dane said, who had watched them.

"Thanks." Crys said, walking into the cave behind Palin.

*Hey, about the matches, how do they work? How do we know who wins? Do we PM the other person and work it out that way? I'm confused. Please clarify.*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:33 am
Nutty says...

Tyr bent low over Fryten's neck, Marveling at the strength his dragon possessed.
"Fryten! Turn quickly!"
Fryten rumbled an assent and dipped his nose, swinging his thick tail and folding his wings slightly, preforming a sharp, if not graceful turn. Tyr tutted under his breath.
"Some of these dragons could run rings around you, my friend."
Fryten rumbled a little grumpily. "Then I would just reach out and pluck them from the air as they go past, wouldn't I?"
Tyr burst out laughing, scratching Fryten around the curling horns. "I wish I shared your confidence, my friend."
"Trust in my strength, if nothing else, Tyr."
"I'm worried about your maneuverability, not your strength."
"Maneuverability is nothing if they are weaklings, is it?"
"Not everyone is one or the other, Fryten."
"We'll deal with that when we have to!" Fryten preformed a lazy barrel roll, forcing Tyr to cling to him.
Tyr sighed at his hard-headed dragon, mentally coming up with plans to make the best use of his dragon's strength.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:14 pm
piepiemann22 says...

This is Tony who is posting for midnightwolf92.

He happens to be asking the same question about who wins in a fight. He is at my house right now and he told me that he had wanted to make everyone fight a random character. This competition is really, really broad so they're is more than just the main characters. Layleun, you did a good job with the matching of characters but maybe you should have contacted him about what he wanted rather than take it on yourself.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:32 pm
Maybe says...

*So...how is this going to work? I'm confused. Should we just PM the other person, or midnightwolf, or Layleun?*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:54 am
Tamora says...

*We've already tried the PMing thing, but that doesn't work, i mean we can't flip a coin, or play paper, sissors, rock, though we did try.*
It is an established fact that, despite everything society can do, girls of seven are magnetically attracted to the colour pink.
- Terry Pratchett, "Monstrous Regiment"

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green