z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:48 pm
Dragonet says...

I'm soooo sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been grounded from the computer alot and when ever I'm not grounded the computer decides to freeze up. So I've tried to post, I really have.

Ok, so what exactly is going on? I'm going to try to read all of the posts but could someone give me a brief summary? Thanx.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

25 Reviews

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:16 am
Dragonet says...

>I know this doesn't move the story line but I'm not quite sure what is going on yet. So...<

I ruffled my red shaggy hair, not quite sure what to think about being wingless. It was strange, really strange. I needed my wings for balance and it felt weird without them. At first I was embarrassed about the way I kept teetering like I was about to fall, but then I noticed that everyone else felt the same way.

I glanced at Ester. I was disappointed to see her snowy white wings gone, but she still looked absolutely beautiful to me. Her sparkleing hazel eyes and her silky dirty-blond hair were enough to captivate any boy with a right mind.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:01 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Sorry my internet was down. I don't know whats going on really. >.<

Anika

It was different with no wings, certainly, but I was beginning to get used to it... kind of. Blaise still seemed to hate it though... no surprises there.

I could hear Ellie's thoughts going a mile a minute. She had kissed the boy, Ashton? Finally, I thought smiling.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:28 pm
Calligraphy says...

~Michel~

Blake and I swooped down into camp. We hadn't been gone for too long, and after our kiss I had gotten Blake to practice flying some more. She still didn't try any huge stunts, but she had improved a lot. I landed lightly beside her. The camp was a bustle. Most people were training. The others were talking and laughing. Elli and Ashton were training together in a corner. They didn't seem to be doing very much training though. Elli needed someone to love. Someone to love her back.

Everyone else was in pairs too. They must have figured we would be fighting humans.

"Wanna fight?" I asked turning back to Blake. Her only reply was to crouch into the fighters stance.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:25 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

I needed that, even though I didn't want to admit it. I hit him lightly on the shoulder. "You gonna do that when you're fighting?" He smiled and shook his head, getting back into position. I stepped back.

By the time we were done, I had him so that he was fighting...better. He wasn't like us, and he didn't have wings, so I taught him as much as possible. About the time we finished, my wings were just aching to fly. But I didn't want to go without Ashton, but I didn't know how I could take him. Anika needed to learn how to use her wings, or she would never know how, but Blaise was stubborn, and he didn't want to trust her.

~Ashton~

Ellie moved her wings, stretching them. I could tell she wanted to fly, but she kept her hand in mine, not moving anything but her wings. I hadn't noticed before the rips in her clothes and the blood stains on her shoulder. The tip of her wing was red with blood too, but that's a price for having huge, beautiful wings. She looked like an angel to me. Beautiful.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:23 pm
Apple says...

Ester:

"Alright who wants to take on the brilliant Ester!" I cupped my hands around my mouth and shouted out into our make shift training area. I swivelled around and pointed at Corbin, he looked up from his flute and grinned. The sweet tune that he had been playing, extinguished.

"I've already kicked your arse, Ester!" He taunted back, his sea blue eyes flashing his humour. Grinding my teeth together, I grinned competitively.

"Fair enough, if you're to chicken to fight me. I'll just take on Anika!" Ellie instantly threw a look at me at the sound of Anika's name. Okay, I take that back.

"Best two out of three!" I yelled at Corbin. Corbin shrugged, pocketing his flute he jumped to his feet.

"You're on." I sunk into a defensive position, my eyes narrowed. I wasn't going to lose this time, hopefully.
I spy!

25 Reviews

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:28 pm
Dragonet says...

Wait Ester, before I post our fight I need to know if we're doing it with or without wings.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:32 pm
ultraviolet says...

Question: Is it night or day? Because I think it should be night, considering the posts have been with people with wings. Because we have wings at night, and don't when it's light out. Right?
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:38 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Can someone fill me in?
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:10 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

Night, because we do gave a lot of posts with wings. That's what I'm thinking.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

25 Reviews

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:36 pm
Dragonet says...

>Fantic, all we're doing right now is...well pretty much nothing. It's night time, so we have our wings, and we're all just messing around and practicing our fighting.<

Corbin~

"You're on."

Our muscles tensed and we glaired at each other. I swung my knife in an ark her face and she jerked back and blocked it with her own blade. Twisting my knife out of her way, she thrust a kick at me. I gasped as it launched into my gut. I punched blindly up and managed to smack her chin. With a swipe of her foot she kicked the back of my knee and my legs buckled, but as I went down I pulled her down with me. Pinning her to the ground, I smiled teasingly at her and then gave her a quick kiss on the lips. She smiled up at me and then swiped her arm out of my hold and shoved me off of her. I tumbled off and then rolled to my feet. She got up as well.

She gripped her dagger and ran for me, it was then that I noticed that I dropped my dagger when I had fallen. Just to the right my knife was sticking out of the dirt and I lunged for it. I grasped the handle and yanked it out of the ground. Knowing that Ester was right behind me, I knew I would be too late if I tried to turn and face her now, so I kept running.

When there was enough distence between us, I spun around and crouched into a fighters stance. She charged and swung her knife at me. I raised my blade, and the air rang with the impact. With my left hand I quickly reached up and grabbed her arm that held the knife. With a strong grip I wrenched her hand around to her back. She struggled but I held on tight.

I smiled, "Got cha!"

"Not for long," she called over her shoulder. Suddenly she unfolded her wings and they wacked me in the face. My grip must have slackened becasue the next thing I knew Ester was the one holding my wrist. She spun me around to face her and then yanked my hands down so that I was bent over. Then she kneed me in the face and shoved me back. I punched at her shoulder but she already had her knee raised for another strike. Kicking me in the chest, she sent me to the ground. She then flipped me overand pinned my arms painfully to my back. Grabbing a handful of my hair, she shoved my face into the dirt. "Give?" she asked.

I was stuned and impressed, but I would never yeild. "Never!" I cried.

She took her knee and dug it into my spine. It felt like my back would break in half and a cry escaped my lips. "How about now?" She taunted.

I was about to tell her that I would never give, but she pressed harder and I yelped "Ok! Ok!" The presure stoped and she got up. With groaning I followed her.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

116 Reviews

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:04 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

We watched Corbin and Ester fought. It was nice to see that everyone could be normal. I liked being normal, even though normal was different for us. I didn't make sense to myself, but what did. I sat down with Ashton and the others, and watched. I laid my head on Ashton's shoulder. This was my perfect moment. Here, under the moonlight with the one person that could love me. Yea, it was perfect.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:36 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Blaise

I remembered what Ellie had told me the other day.... about how Anika needed to learn how to fly. And even though I knew it was true, something was holding me back. I turned towards Kaylee.

"Do you think we need to teach Anika to fly?" I asked her after a moments pause.

"She needs to learn, and the more she knows the better she can escape if anything happened," Kaylee pointed out. I looked upward, nodded, and sighed slightly. "You don't trust her that well, do you?" Kaylee asked.

"I just don't want her to get hurt."

"Teach her and she won't."
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:26 pm
View Likes
Calligraphy says...

Michel

The sun was going to rise soon. The air was turning that blueish gray morning color. I sighed, even though it was cool with the morning I was still hot and sticky. Blake was a better fighter than me, and I hated being defeated again and again. She was trying to help, but she wasn't a good teacher. I pushed back the hair from my face. I hadn't seen myself in ages, but by now it must be at least half an inch grown out. I couldn't even picture myself with my dark, dark, brown hair. It probably would have lighter highlights now that it was summer.

I glanced down at my hand. The leather that made the handle of my dagger was dark with sweat. A blister had formed on my hand and whenever I moved my hand a certain way it lit on fire. Blake saw my distraction and held her knife to my stomach.

"You can't get distracted like that! You would be dead right now in a real battle!"
"The sun is coming up anyway. We will lose are wings pretty soon. Can we just take a break?" I was irritated. Blake seemed to know she should back off.
"K" She just stood there though. I turned.
"I'm going to go swimming."

I headed towards a lake I had seen earlier. It wasn't far away, and I got there pretty soon. I waded in. Ahhhh, the water was cool and refreshing. I dunked my head. Then pulled my white tank-top off. It could use a washing.

116 Reviews

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

The sun would be rising soon, and I didn't want to miss the sunrise. I know I'd seen it so many times on the island, but this was different. I had someone I loved with me. I stood up, taking both of his hands and pulling him with me. We walked through the forest a little ways, the I found a clearing and pulled him to the rocks. He sat down, and pulled me onto his lap. I put my head under his chin, and we watched the sunrise. I closed my eyes again, and when I opened them, my wings were gone, just like that.

I looked up at him, a little happy to be like him. He pressed his lips to mine, just like before, only it lasted a little longer. I was so happy to have him with me. To know love did exist for me after so long. This moment was so beautiful to me.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

"If fortis was here, we could have a teal party"
— Pompadour