z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:36 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

Keep yourself hidden I thought. She crawled through the hole, slowly peeking into the room. She pulled her wings in, simply walking through the halls. No one was anywhere. I was puzzled. Why was no one here? Anika kept close to the wall though.

"What's going on?" Michel asked, breaking my thought. I sighed, opening my eyes. I pressed my finger to my lips for him to be quiet, then closed my eyes, going to where Anika was.

To the right. Now, fourth door. She took my instructions. The door opened, and Anika poked her head in. I smiled, standing and going to her. Michel was surprised. I hugged her, and we crept out the door. Michel had Jackie in his arms. I pulled my wings in as much as possible.

Humans were covering that whole side now. I cursed them under my breath, ducking into an empty room when I heard one turn down the hall. I locked the door behind me, turning to look at Michel. "What now?" he asked. I shrugged. I hadn't planned anything in the first place. Yes, I was blindly leading two children and a boy who must have hated me into action.

If it wasn't me, it would have been him, and he was reckless. Or, just the opposite actually. I smiled at that, and rummaged through the cabinets like Anika and Jackie were doing, looking for anything that would help us.

My hands froze as I found a case of syringes labeled "Winged Ones". Maybe it was our DNA or something. It was a clear liquid. Upon Michel reading it, he found that it made the wings disappear for about twelve hours. I knew my face must have been shocked--eyes wide, mouth agape.

This was what we had been needing all this time. A drug to make our wings go away, even if it was for twelve hours. He handed me one, and was already telling Jackie that she might feel a sting. I turned to Anika. She was scared. I knew how she felt. I was scared too, but we had to do it. She stuck out her arm, and I rolled up her sleeve, sticking the needle into the crease at her elbow. Then, Michel handed me another for me. Then, he was injecting himself. I had to be strong. I closed my eyes as I pushed the end until all the liquid was in my veins. It stung a little, but then, while my head was spinning and my stomach was hurting, I felt my weight go down. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. I couldn't open them.

I was leaning against the wall, waiting to be able to open my eyes. I heard Anika gasp, and my eyes flew open. Her wings were gone. As were Michel's and Jackie's. I turned my head to look. Mine were gone too. I smiled, laughing. I was shocked. This was spectacular!

Michel was shocked to. His eyes were wide, looking at me. "Yes," I said quietly. He nodded, closing his eyes and murmuring something. I put all of the syringes I could fit in my bag, throwing it over my shoulder. If we were going to come kill these humans, we weren't doing it with wings.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:17 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Blaise

We ran into the search party. "Where's Anika?" I asked, panicked.

"We don't know!"

How could I have been so stupid?! I closed my eyes in anger.

Anika

No wings. I didn't like it. It didn't feel right... but it was what we had to do. I followed them all, not sure where we were going. I felt slightly truimphant.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

116 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:54 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

It felt awkward, no wings. I tried not to let it bother me while I held Anika and walked out the front door, Michel and Jackie behind me, none of the humans following. I couldn't feel like them, but I felt like i fit in with them. I had no reason. I was a freak compared to them. But sometimes being a freak was a good thing.

As we got outside, I felt triumphant some how. I felt like my job was moving on to the next level. The harder level. Making sure we all got back home safely. But where was home? We could wander our island for months, even years, wanting to go back home, and now that we had the chance, we were stuck pondering where that was exactly. We had fallen in love, made friends from our enemies, made brothers and sisters from each other. Could we seriously leave all that behind for the people who gave us up?

I could, considering it was my sister, and she was with me, so I had nothing to give up. Like my mother used to say, "You have nothing to give up if you're leaving for everything." I knew what she meant now.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:15 am
ultraviolet says...

>Sorry I've been kind of out of this for a while. I looked back, but didn't find a post where anybody actually said I had wings. But I gathered from others that I do. Jackie, I mean. I'll just assume I'm a winged one now, unless someone tells me different<

Blake

Crap. Ellie, Michel, and Jackie got kidnapped, and now Anika was missing. That was not good. Where could they be? Anika was our line there, so now we were blind. Wonderful. I was sure that Ellie asked her to come help them--it was something she would do, stupid as it was. Still, I hoped it would work.

Jackie

It was weird. I finally got wings--which I desperately wanted, though most would do anything to get rid of them--and now they were gone. I was glad that this was only temporarily. I could live being wingless at daytime. I'd just learn to sleep in sunlight. Right now though we had to work on getting out alive. Wasn't going to be easy though, that much I knew.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

116 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:28 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I keep forgetting that Jackie isn't a winged one. Sorry. Ignore the part about her getting the shot.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:29 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I keep forgetting that Jackie isn't a winged one. Sorry. Ignore the part about her getting the shot.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

262 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:45 am
ultraviolet says...

OK. Then everyone can ignore my last Jackie post. The Blake one's still legit though. :)
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:56 am
Dragonet says...

Corbin~

Great, everything keeps gettin' better and better I thought sarcastically Not only is Ellie, Michael, and Jackie gone; but now Anika is missing. This was like torture to me, who knew what the scientist were doing to my family. I was ready to walk straight up to the scientist clinic and demand my friends back, of course that would only get myself caught, but we had to do something!

Suddenly I heard a rustle in the leaves behind me and I swung around into a deffencive stance. But what walked out of the bushes made me step back in shock. It was all of our missing friends...but with out there wings!
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:06 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Anika

I saw that everyone was looking stunned. Blaise, who had returned to camp, ran towards me and picked me up. "You shouldn't have run away like that, Ani, you can't just-" he didn't finish his sentence, hugging me. I smiled.

"I got them," I said proudly.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:17 am
Apple says...

Sorry guy's I haven't posted in awhile. I hope i'm right. :D

Ester Alice

I blinked in horror at the site. Where was there wings? What had happened to them? Tears instantly began to prickle at the side of my eyes. My hand instantly found Corbin's and my heart began to throb. They weren't winged ones anymore...my family! What had those cured scientists done to my family!

A smile suddenly spread across as Ellie's face as she pulled out a vial. I felt my heart lurch at the pink looking liquid inside. "What is it?" I asked, my voice hoarse from keeping quiet.

Ellie beemed, "Our ticket to getting in the human world of course."
I spy!

262 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:57 am
ultraviolet says...

Blake

My heart sped. They were back. They were back. They were back! And they didn't have wings. And they could make me the same way. Even if for but twelve hours a day. Life finally felt good. Yet I was mentally bracing myself for another tragedy. Because life never stayed good long, I learned.

Nonetheless, I was glad at the moment and that's what mattered. I ran forward and gave Michel and Ellie a one-arm-each hug, kissing Ellie on the forehead and pecking Michel on the lips. Ellie looked surprised that I missed her as much as Michel--or anyone, really. But she was my sister. And I finally had her back. Having Michel too was just icing on the cake.

~asofterworld.com

116 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:01 am
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

I explained to them what the shot did and the advantage it gave us. I wasn't happy that I wouldn't have wings for another twelve hours, but there's always a price to getting what you want. They seemed to be taking all of it in because no one said a word. I was afraid they wouldn't like the idea, but then, a smile spread across Kaylee's face. She nodded. "We now have an advantage."

Then a thought hit me. Why would they just happen to have vials of winged one serum to make our wings go away? And for only a short amount of time? I was puzzled, but kept my thoughts to myself.

~Ashton~

I was stunned to see Ellie without her wings. She looked good like that. Very human. She seemed uncomfortable though, and troubled. I went to stand behind her. We seemed to be getting close lately, even though I had just met her. She took my hand, and I felt my heart race. First time for everything, right?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:14 am
fictionfanatic says...

Kaylee:

A strange look crossed Ellie's face but it passed to quickly for me to see what it was. If it was gone now then it must not have been that important. I watched as everyone took turns using the liquid. When it came to me I hesitated for a moment. "Where did you guys get this?" I asked quizzically.

Michel gave a shrug and said "From the hospital, lab thing." Despite my heads warnings not to I injected the liquid into my arm.

When I got a little dizzy I closed my eyes. Then, a huge rush came and I felt like a bunch of weight was lifted off of me. But used to having the weight there I nearly fell backwards. Were my wings really that heavy? When I opened my eyes and looked around everyone's wings were gone.

"Okay, we have twelve hours. Let's get moving."
Live, Love, Laugh

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:43 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Wow there is a lot sense my last post ... Could someone fill me in?. . . .

116 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:45 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Well, Anika came and got Ellie, Jackie, and Michel out, and they hid in another room, and while they were looking for anything that might have helped them, they found the serum that took away their wings for 12 hours. Anika, Michel, and Ellie took the serum back in the room so they could escape. They brought all they could back to the rest of winged ones, and they all just took it. Now, none of them have wings, Ellie is actually falling in love, and they are all going back to the hospital to do something we haven't figure out yet. If I'm missing something or if it's not right tell me!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Powerful men have a way of avoiding consequences.
— Dr. Harrison Wells, The Flash