z

Young Writers Society

Highschool Drama.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon May 06, 2013 6:36 am
winterbites says...

Luna

Mr. Ricker moved his hand off my shoulder, "Now, you should be getting off to class." I nodded again. And turn to leave, "I'm glad they did nothing." I heard him whisper under his breath. I'm so confused.

"Hey, baby. What were yo doing?" Devin pulled me to his chest as I stepped out of the classroom, "You okay?" I nodded, not believing what just happened, "Where you in there with him?" I nodded again, with him still holding me to his chest.

"... Yes.." I bit my lip.

"What did he want?" I shrugged not wanting to tell him, "Lu, you look a bit pale... Wanna skip..?"

"Ahh, Devin..." Mr. Ricker walked out and leaned on the nearest wall, "I've heard those words from your mouth many times." He smiled. "There will be no skipping, and no lunch, for you two." He crossed his arms. "Detention, for the whole lunch."

"Sir." Devin smirked, "We haven't even skipped yet..."
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

Reviews: 1
Mon May 06, 2013 11:08 am
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Jess

I smile when the bell rings to go to lunch. Luna and Devin are no where to be found, so I just sit with Austin. We talk about our lives and a lot of random things. He just keeps me laughing the whole time. "So, Jess, tell me about your family." he says.

I sigh and nod, not having anything to hide. "Well my dad is in jail and my mom is in rehab because she uses drugs. I live with my cousin." I say.

"Oh my gosh, I am sorry." He says.

"No, do not be sorry. It is just a bump in the road." I say, with a small smile. He places his hand on top of mine and I smile a little wider.

"That is not something people should have to go through." Austin says.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

35 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2013 11:37 pm
winterbites says...

[bMr. Ricker-]Matt[/b]

Lunch time came around, and I was expecting Luna and Devin anytime soon. I don't really know why I gave her detention, or Devin, they hadn't even skipped yet. I guess, I wanted to see Luna... What, no, I did, not just think that? No, what is going on with me...? I sighed, and hand held my head in my hands.

"Urm, we're here." Devin said strolling in holding Luna's hand, I though they weren't dating.

"Public displays of affection need to stay at home... Or teen parties." I set on cold eyes on Luna, he let go of his hand and looked down.

"No, I want to hold her hand." Devin didn't let go.

"Just leave it Dev," she whispered.

"Listen to her Devin." I said through my teeth. He shook his head.

"Dev, you're hurting my hand." She whimpered. He let go, and turned to her with worry in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry." she nodded and looked up at him.

"Devin, you over there," I pointed to the back of the room, "Luna, you'll sit here in the front."
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

Tue May 07, 2013 1:38 am
TaylorLove says...

Jess

"Hey, I need to go clear up something with my teacher. I will see you after school?" Austin asked me.

"Okay, see you then." I say. I leave lunch early and go see Matt. I was not sure if I brought my tennis stuff or not. If not, I was going to have to go how and get it. I walk into the room and see Luna and Devin. I look from them to Matt. I shrug and walk behind the desk next to Matt. I put my hand on his shoulder and look at him.

"Hey, did I bring my things? I do not remember putting them in your car." I say.

"I put them in there last night for you. I knew you would crash when you came home, so I put them in the car." He said, looking at me.

"Oh my gosh you are a life saver. Oh and by the way, after try outs, I am going out with a kid named Austin."

He looks at me, a little wide eyed. "What?" He asked. "I do not know if I like that." He says.

Devin and Luna were staring at us. "Fine, we will talk about it after next class." I say. I go sit in a chair next to the window and log on the my computer.
-Winnie the Pooh

35 Reviews

Tue May 07, 2013 10:17 am
winterbites says...

Luna

"Fine, we will talk about it after next class." She said walking away and logging on my computed at the side. Sighed and rested my head on my hands that are pressed against the desk. I tapped my pencil making an echoing sound through the silent room.

"Luna." Mr. Ricker held his head in his hands, "That's enough tapping." he snapped looking up at me rubbing his temples.

"Sorry, sir..." I mumble. Not knowing what to do with myself.

He sighed, "Sorry, I just need to go over these notes for the assignment." I nodded, feeling a liittle hurt. "Do you guys want to help me?" Devin groaned, "It'll be fun. I'll play Romeo, Luna you play Juliet," Me, Juilet, him, Romeo... "Davin, you can be the Prince, and Urm, Juliets dad. Jess, you can be Juliets mum and the nurse." He said handing us a few pages of the scripts.
"Okay, I'll stat on the first page, now, it isn't the start.
Lady, by yonder blessed moon I swear That tips with
silver all these fruit-tree tops--"
He said in a loud voice.

It was my line next, safe to say I was freaking out, "
O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon, That
monthly changes in her circled orb, Lest that thy
love prove likewise variable."
He smiled back at me and continued on. I was actucally really enjoying it.

He begain again,
"Well what shall I swear by?

"Do not swear at all; Or, if thou wilt, swear by thy
gracious self, Which is the god of my idolatry, And
I'll believe thee."
I read the words as loud as I could.

Mr. Ricker hesitated before you spoke again, " If my heart's dear love-- " He looked up from his paper to me. I bit my lip and steadied his gaze. "That should be enough for today..."

Tue May 07, 2013 10:34 am
TaylorLove says...

Jess

I read a few ok my lines with Devin as Lady Capulet and a few with Luna as the nurse. I followed along in my script as they read allowed. Matt and Luna just read lines and I sit there, not really wanting to be there. I exchange looks with Devin and sigh a little.

All of a sudden, they are dead. Wow, that was fast. I start weeping and say a few lines. The scenes end and I lay the book on his desk. I start clapping and scream softly. "Yay! We got through it." I go back over to my computer and sit down.
-Winnie the Pooh

35 Reviews

Wed May 08, 2013 1:22 am
winterbites says...

Luna

I look up at Mr. Ricker, the bell goes. Devin stood up abruptly. "We're leaving Luna." Devin eyed the teacher and reached for my hand. My eyes were still fixed on his. His were still on mine. "Luna." Devin said a little louder. I shook my head and looked up at Devin.

"What?" I frowned.

"Leaving. The bell went." I was just aware of his hand on mine. He gently pulled me up.

"Oh." I put my head down and walked to the door with him. I turned back, the teacher was watching our every move. Devin pulled my out to the hall, "Home time, we a have frees."

"Can you just drop me home?"

"Oh, Luna, I wanted to give you my number and address." Jess said running out to me. She handed my some paper and smiled.

"Thanks, I'll call you tonight." I smile and take the paper.

"Oh, I wo-"

"Jess!" Mr. Ricker called from the classroom.

"I have to go talk to him."

Wed May 08, 2013 1:54 am
TaylorLove says...

Jess

I finish my homework that I had for science and the bell rings. I put my computer in the bag and load up all my books into my book bag. While Devin and Luna are in the class room talking, I clean up all of the books for Matt. I stretch a little and get ready for tennis try out.

I see Devin and Luna leave and I run out to the quickly. "Wait, I wanted to give you my number and address." I said to her.

"cool, I will call you tonight." She says.

I was about to say something to her, but Matt yells for me. "I have to go talk to him." I said. I turned and went back into the room. "Yes, Matt?" I say.
-Winnie the Pooh

35 Reviews

Wed May 08, 2013 6:16 am
winterbites says...

Matt

"So what was it you needed?" I asked, know just what she wanted.

"We were going to talk about how you're lettig me go on a date with a friend tonight. And what was that whole thing with Luna?" I asked.

"Who is this guy?" I inquiared not worrying about her question, I didn't know myself.

"Austin, in my grade... You will be telling my what was going on. I won't be home till later."

"Whoah, who said you're going anywhere?" He crossed his arms. "Jess, I don't want you hurt..." He sighed.

"I'll have my phone on me at all times, promise." She begged.

"Fine-"

"Thank you. thank you. thank you!" She said hugging me.

"Now, let me drive you home or is Austin?"

"You can drive me, I have to get ready... I might inviet Luna so she could help me. Matt, its so good to have nice friends." She smiled, Emma, come over? Gee, I should probably clean up. Wait why was that bothering me? "Maybe you could help her catch up, she slept most of the lession.." she nudges me.

"Maybe."

Wed May 08, 2013 8:33 pm
TaylorLove says...

Jess

"I have to get ready for tennis tryouts." I say.

"Oh yes, I almost forgot." He said. He handed me my tennis bag and I go into the bath room to change. I get my tennis dress on and my white tennis shoes. I French braid my hair back and put sunscreen around my face.

I walk to the courts and see about twenty girls. "There are only fifteen spots open this year." The coach says.

_ _

Tennis practice went wonderful. Matt waited for me in his room and got up when I got done. "Ready to go?" He asked me.

"Yes, I am." I pull my phone out to text Luna and tell her to come to my house.
When we get home, Matt and I both part ways to take a shower. When I get out I dry my hair and put them in hot rollers. I put a robe around me.

I hear a knock at the door and run down to get it. "Hey Luna." I say to her.

"Hey." she says. Matt was still in the shower, so we both head up to my room.

"Okay should I wear my one shoulder red dress out my brown dress?" I ask.

"The red, it will look great on you." She says. I nod and go into the closet and change. I the fix my hair,so half of it is up and the other is down. I walk out to show her.

"What do you think?" I ask.
-Winnie the Pooh

35 Reviews

Wed May 08, 2013 11:43 pm
winterbites says...

Luna

"What do you think?" She asked, I smiled and pulled her close.

"It looks great! He is going to love it.." I pull away, "You're so lucky, he is a very nice guy. I just hope he is good to you." I rest my hands on her shoulders.

"Jess." It was Mr. Ricker, What is he doing here? He opened the door, his eyes landed on me. "I-I, Luna, what are you-"

"I invited her over to help me." Jess smiled, "And you guys have a study date." Huh? date..?

"What?" I blurted.

"You need help catching up with class work, so..." Jess shrugged.

"Date?" He repeated.

"Yeah, for studying. Oh, and Luna, this is my cousin, Matt." I bit my lip, cousin? That explains.

Thu May 09, 2013 12:40 am
TaylorLove says...

Jess

"Well, Matt. You can just stay here. Austin is going to pick me up." I say.

"Jess I--" He began.

"Matt, it is okay. I have good judgment."

"I know you do, have fun." He hugs me and kisses my cheek. "Be home by ten."

"I promise." I say. "Loves." I call on my way out. "Bye Luna."

"Love you too." Matt calls.

"Bye." Luna says. We all walk down the stairs and I head out side and see Austin in his car. He gets out and opens the door for me.

"Thank you." I say.

"My pleasure." He says. We talk on the way to the movies. We got to know a lot about each other and it was really nice. He kept me laughing and smiling. When we got into the theater, we sat right in the middle. As the movie plays Austin slowly wraps his arm around me and I smile at him. The movie was so funny it made me cry. I am so glad we did not see some girlie, romantic crap. This was wonderful.
-Winnie the Pooh

35 Reviews

Thu May 09, 2013 2:48 am
winterbites says...

Luna

After stand at the door with Mr- Matt by my side, it was really awkward. "I, urm..." Damn it, I have no way to get home. I frowned, I either have to ask him to drive me or call my mum, not classing my mum, no, not at all, she'll ask so many questions. Then there was the third option, wait here until he offers to drive me home.

"... Are you hungry?" He said walking back into the house, "I've got home made pizza, that's it..." I nodded walking after him, I guess, I wont be home till later.

"So, you're Jess' cousin...? I thought you guys were... Urm.."

"Dating?" I nodded. Matt laughed, "No! No way. I wouldn't-"

"You wouldn't date a student?" I looked him in the eye.

"I, well, I wasn't going to say that." He dodged the question.

"But, you wouldn't?" I pressed.

"No, Luna, I wouldn't. I have a position as a teacher, and, I am planing on keeping it.." He said looking down at the pizza he'd gotten out of the oven. I nodded. Of course he wouldn't risk his job for a student. I felt tears well up in my eyes. What if he knows that I like him? No, he can't. I just want to go home. Matt handed a plate to me, "We can sit on the couch, the table is covered in paper. I nodded and walked to the living room. "We can watch a movie. Urm, this seems age appropriate.."

"I am seventeen, not two." I place my food down.

"Luna, I know, I'm kidding. I just only have scary movies." He shrugged.

"Fine, we'll watch a scary movie." I crossed my arms.

"Okay," He put in a movie. The screen flashed to life. Cabin in the woods came up in the title. "Good luck." He whispered and sat next to me.

Thu May 09, 2013 10:39 am
TaylorLove says...

Austin

Once the ends I take her hand and lead her back out to the car. We dive to a nice place eat and lead her inside. I watch as she looks at the menu. "I hope I am not boring you to death." I say to her.

She looks up and smiles about me. "Austin you are not boring me. I am having a great time." She says.

"I am grad to hear that." I say, taking out my own menu to look at. We get something to drink and then order our food. Talking to her is so easy and she might be the sweetest person I have ever met. Everything is just great.
-Winnie the Pooh

35 Reviews

Fri May 10, 2013 5:25 am
winterbites says...

Luna

I sat with my legs crossed with about a person space between Matt and I. I had finished my pizza and closed my eyes through most of the movie, it was about half way. I was freaking out at everything. This has to be the most terrifying movie I've ever watched.

"You alright?" Matt asked and looked at me. I nod.

"Fine..." I duck my head down again as someone screams.

"I can turn it off." He said standing up, I shake my head, "No... Its fine." I whisper.

"I don't want you getting nightmares." He sat back down, closer to me, "Is it okay for me to sit this close, considering, I am your teacher." I nod, Of course it fine. I bite my lip and try not to look at him or the t.v.

The movie is almost finished, and I'm waiting for something scary to happened, when I just at a pair of hands and a shriek of terror echo's through the big house.
"Whoa, Luna, its me, Matt." he put his hands up and moves away from my hitting him with a pillow. I frown at him.

"You knew I was scared." I throw the pillow in his face.

He shrugs, "I know, but it was wroth it." He smirks.

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix