z

Young Writers Society

The Field Trip [STARTED]

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:36 am
*coco says...

Rena Meers (Ree)

“Well, well, well. You’re not as goody goody as I thought you were, and I’m happy to say so.”

I shook my head in dismay and retreated my head back under my oversized shirt. To say that I was embarrassed by this entire conversation wasn’t a strong enough word – horrified, maybe. But I knew that was just Akara being Akara. Deep down as much as her ‘open’ conversations made me feel like crawling into a cave, I still loved her all the same. She was my best friend. We’d been through a lot together.

After a while Akara pulled out her travelling cushion and nestled into it, quietly gazing out at the view from her window. The silence was a welcoming relief, but I still find myself worrying – this time over Dan. He did say that he’d only heard the last part of our conversation, but that still didn’t stop me from thinking otherwise.

Casually, I looked over my shoulder to catch a quick glimpse of Dan. He, Chad, Percy, Cass and Emily were laughing and messing around with each other which relaxed me a little. But then I caught Cam’s eye. He flashed me one of his charming smiles and the worry came flooding back once again.

I quickly turned my head back and sank deeper into my seat, memories of what happened at Chad’s party bombarding me from all angles. I grabbed the now badly crinkled Teen Vogue and started flicking through it again, hoping it would help, but no amount of Chanel or Kim Kardashian could prepare me for what happened next.

“Mind if I sit down?”

It was Cam. I didn’t even have to turn my head to check – not that I would, anyway. I honestly wanted to die then and there. I wanted Akara to tell him to leave, but unfortunately she did the opposite.

“Sure,” came her reply. “Is it fine with you, Ree?”

I just glared at her. Is it fine? What kind of stupid question –

“Did you want something?” I blurted out. I tried to sound as polite as possible, but it ended up coming out quite rude.

To Cam’s credit, he brushed it off with another smirk. “What is it with you people on this damn bus? Am I not allowed to mingle?” His tone was playful and it should’ve made me comfortable, but for some reason it made me feel even more uneasy. “I was just wondering if you were excited for this?” He was trying to make conversation, and a part of me was touched by his effort.

Unfortunately that was a very small part of me. The rest was still hoping I’d die any moment now just to escape this situation.

Thankfully Akara stepped in to answer for me. “Oh yeah, definitely,” she replied, smiling. “It’s going to be awesome.”

An awkward silence fell, but Cam didn’t let it last too long.

“Hey, I don’t mean to sound rude, but what were you talking about a second ago? You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want.” He directed the question to the two of us but I knew he really wanted me to answer.

I looked up at him for the first time since Chad’s party, and tried to read those piercing green eyes of his. Deep down I wanted to tell him the truth, that I was talking about him, that I hadn’t stopped thinking about what happened between us since it happened, that I was worried about what Chad would do if or god forbid when he found out … But I just couldn’t do it.

“We weren’t talking about you,” I said in the most confident voice I could muster.

I just wasn’t brave enough. I never have been.

Chad Rancic (Duke)

I spaced out for a while. For some reason my mind brought me back to the last conversation I had with my Pops before Rena and I left for the trip.

“Take care of your sister …”

The fact that he even called her my sister pissed me off beyond belief. Rena was my step-sister – she wasn’t even my blood. But I ended up promising to look after her all the same – for the sake of my dad. I knew how much Rena’s mom meant to him. I hadn’t seen him so happy since my mom died. I wasn’t about to jeopardize that because of my damn pride.

I shook the thoughts from my head and came back to reality. For the rest of the journey, I sat chilling with Percy, Cass and Emily, enjoying the old school music that came out of Percy’s guitar. I was a big rap and hip-hop fan, myself, but that didn’t stop me from me appreciating good music when I heard it. And when it came to music old really was gold.

Another half an hour passed before the coach started to slow down. Miss Mulberry stood up from her seat at the very front and cleared her throat to get our attention – of course she had to do it a couple of times before we all realised what was going on and shut up.

“Okay, seniors, we have … finally … reached our destination.”

Her announcement was met by a roar of excitement and a huge round of applause. Within seconds every senior got to their feet and eagerly crowded around their nearest window to get a view of the famous Ferncliffe Forest.

I was grinning from ear to ear. Now the fun could really begin.
Last edited by *coco on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:54 am
ChocoCookie says...

Spoiler! :
The SB explodes!

Amelia Adams (Emily)

I really couldn't focus on what they were talking about. I was thinking about things I was going to be doing during the trip. I saw Cam walking over to Akara and Rena. I grinned to that, the way that guy talks around girls. I heard Percy singing "Stairway to Heaven". He was good. Really good. And he's so casual while singing and playing his guitar. So much more different from me. I just can't relax when I'm playing the guitar.

I saw him singing to Miss Mulberry. And as usual, I start singing softly to it. She turns her back against Percy, and walked away. Just that moment, he turns to me and sings. The thing about me is, I wasn't shy to sing along with someone so, I sang it with him.

"There's a feeling that I get when I look towards the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving..." he sang.

I sang, "In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees, And the voices of those who stand looking."

And now, we sang together, "Ooh, it makes me wonder, Ooh, it really makes me wonder. And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune, then the piper will lead us to reason. And a new day will dawn for those who stand long, and the forests will echo with laughter..."

Almost everyone in the bus turned looking at us. Maybe it was because of Percy's amazing away of playing the guitar or maybe it was just singing a little too loud. We stopped singing after that.

"I love the way you play your guitar." I tell him.

"Percy, you just got complimented!" Cam says from the back.

"Shut up." he says, smirking. "Thanks. You sing well."

My face goes red for a minute. I give him a small smile when a familiar voice declares an announcement that makes my insides burn with excitement.

"Okay, seniors, we have … finally … reached our destination.” Miss Mulberry says, her face glowing.

"Oh my gosh, we're here!" Cass exclaimed and I laugh. I loved her.

The students break into an applause and there's a lot of hooting from the guys. I can see Akara from the corner of my eyes, smiling wide. Everyone's so happy. Cass grabs my hand.

"Come on, dummy. We have to go! I can hardly wait, anymore!" she says. I quickly grab my guitar and run out of the bus.

"I'll catch you later!" I tell Percy before I get dragged by Cass. "Slow down, will you?"

"If we get there early, we can choose our room's without any complaints."

I smile. Mr. Reed assists us to stand in one place. We go stand next to Akara and Rena. Not that we wanted to, its just that, they were the first ones to be out. I sigh. Sometimes Cass's enthusiasm can be out of control, but I guess that's what makes it more fun.

"Is that your guitar?" Akara asks, eyeing it.

"Yeah..." I say, quietly.

"Cool. Can I see it?"

"Once we get inside? Because I've just got it polished. I'm sorry." I say, feeling guilty.

"Nah, its okay! Its fine." she replies, happily.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:23 pm
Alvarin says...

Daniel Thorpe
When the buss finally pulled to a halt we were supposed to get of and gather around Art. I tried to avoid looking at him, so I started talking with Chad in an attempt to distract myself.

"So, any plans for tonight?" I said with a wry smile.

He snickered. "Ooh, I have plenty of plans," he said quietly. "But seriously, dude, don't get as wasted as you did at my last party. I found you asleep in my neighbors yard. Mrs Anderson is still looking at me funnily whenever I see her."

I laughed loudly. The memories of that party were more than a little blurry. "This is our last time as seniors, so I might as well make the most of it." Well, he was right. I shouldn't drink so much. I had already been dangerously close to alcohol abuse once, before I met Art, and I shouldn't let myself fall back to that state. "So, when and how?"

"Tonight, in the forest. We'll see when it's safe to sneak out." I nodded and realized that Mr Owens were glaring at us, apparently waiting for us to shut up. Luckily it didn't seem like he had heard anything.

"Okay, here's what were going to do now," he said loudly, using the exact same voice as when he coached the basketball team. "One, you're all going to get you ba.. Wait! I'm not done yet. You're all going to get your bags and then you're going to follow me and the other teachers on a short hike to the cabin. Mrs Wells will stay at the back to make sure no one falls behind. Is that clear?"

I and Chad gave a loud: "Yes, coach," by pure instinct, while the others just nodded.

"When we arrive I don't want you running into the cabin as a bunch of hooligans," Miss Mulberry piped up. "You are to take you shoes of and enter calmly. If I see anyone running that person will be the last to pick a room."

"Oh, and don't forget to have fun," Art added and rolled his eyes when Mr Owens and Miss Mulberry couldn't see. That earned him a laugh from most of the seniors.

When I went to pick up my backpack I noticed that Victor had joined us. I waved, and he waved back. I didn't really know him. Well, I had heard the same rumors as the rest of us, but I had never really talked to him.

Luckily for us the sun was shining, the insects humming and the birds singing. It was a perfect, though a bit humid, day for a hike. Even Mr Owens smiled, which was something I thought he only did when our team had won a game. During the hike I kept talking with Chad and some other guys. Normally I would've walked with Percy, but he was busy with some girl. Poor girl, she would surely have her heart broken. Percy wasn't one for serious relationships, after all. I started whistling and only half paid attention to my surroundings, sometimes adding something to a conversation. I had the perfect view of the back or Art's head.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:12 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Cam:

“We weren’t talking about you,” Rena said. She looked directly into my eyes, and it dawned on me. The smile faded from my face, and I looked back at her.

"I didn't ask if you were talking about me," I replied. I watched as all of the color drained out of her already pale skin. Akara stood up awkwardly.

"I'm uh.. going to go to the bathroom," she said, and she barged out past us. And it was just the two of us. I spoke first.

"Why are you so nervous? You act like I'm going to hurt you." She looked down and started playing with her sleeves. I paused for a second, then I reached down and grabbed her wrists to stop her from playing with them. "I just want to talk. I'm not mad," I paused. She kept looking down. "I just want to know why you told her. We agreed we weren't going to tell anyone." She looked up at me. She knew she was defeated. I hated seeing her like this, but what if Chad found out?

"She's my best friend. She was bound to find out." She looked up into my eyes, and I stared into hers, trying to imagine what she was going through.

"Yes, and Chad is my best friend. You don't see me telling him." I tried to say it as calmly as possible, without raising my voice. "I know this is a lot for you. I'm sorry for putting you through it, but it was your decision just as much as mine."

"No." She said. She looked right into my eyes with that desperate look before continuing. "You don't understand." Before she could continue, the bus slowed to a halt, and Miss Mulberry spoke.

“Okay, seniors, we have … finally … reached our destination.” There was a general outburst from all of the students on the bus. I gave Ree a I'm sorry look and stepped off the bus, lighting a cigarette.
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:49 pm
AlmondEyes says...

Akara

“We weren’t talking about you,” Ree said

I sighed. The first thing out of her mouth was the obvious lie anyone could say in a situation like this.

"I didn't ask if you were talking about me," Cam replied.

Time for me to take my leave. I stood up. "I'm going to the bathroom."

I walked past them and went to find another place to sit while I waited for their conversation to be over. Everyone was laughing and giggling, having a good time. Some were playing guitar and singing, some were jumping up and down and acting like morons. The over all atmosphere was excitement and joy. I looked out the window, watching as the trees passed by.

Before I knew it, the bus came to a slow and Miss Mulberry spoke. “Okay, seniors, we have … finally … reached our destination.”

There was a general outburst from all of the students on the bus. I looked over to see Cam walking away from Ree. I got out of my seat and headed over to her. She looked so distraught it made my heart ache.

"Hey," I pulled her to her feet . "Let's get some fresh air."

She didn't say anything as we stepped off the bus. She kept her head down as we waited for everyone else to unload. We were the first two off of the bus. Cass and Emily came to a stop beside us as they unboarded. I looked down at the guitar in her hand.

"Is that your guitar?" I ask.

"Yea..." she says softly.

Hm. "Can I see it?"

"Once we get inside? Because I've just got it polished. I'm sorry." she says, almost looking guilty.

Hm. Odd. "It's fine."

As the last of the kids load off, I see Chad and Dan off to the side.

"So, any plans for tonight?" Dan smiled wryly.

Chad snickered. "Ooh, I have plenty of plans," he said quietly. "But seriously, dude, don't get as wasted as you did at my last party. I found you asleep in my neighbors yard. Mrs Anderson is still looking at me funnily whenever I see her."

Dan laughed. "This is our last time as seniors, so I might as well make the most of it, so, when and how?"

"Tonight, in the forest. We'll see when it's safe to sneak out." Chad nodded.

I snorted. I'm not surprised they'd be planning a party. They'd throw a party for buying toilet paper if they could.

Mr. Owens spoke up. "Okay, here's what were going to do now. One, you're all going to get you ba.. Wait! I'm not done yet. You're all going to get your bags and then you're going to follow me and the other teachers on a short hike to the cabin. Mrs Wells will stay at the back to make sure no one falls behind. Is that clear?"

"When we arrive I don't want you running into the cabin as a bunch of hooligans," Miss Mulberry piped up. "You are to take you shoes of and enter calmly. If I see anyone running that person will be the last to pick a room."

I almost laughed. Almost.

She was always a bit of a prude. What she needed was a good lay to loosen her up.

"Oh, and don't forget to have fun," Mr. Reed added with a roll of his eyes towards Mr. Owens.

We all headed out to pick out bags. I had brought my guitar along with a few other flutes with me, and would probably need to come back for them. Then I spotted Victor and smiled. I put my things down and ran over to hug him. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?! I would've invited you to sit with me."

He wrapped his arms around and squeezed tightly before setting me back on the ground. "Sorry. I forgot you were coming."

Hm. I grabbed his hand and dragged him over to where id' left my stuff. Ree was gone. I frowned. Hm. She must've gone off somewhere to think. I'd have to save her a bed. I wonder where Jaylee was. I'd have to save her a bed too. I turned to find Victor staring intently at me. I smiled. "You're weird. You know that?"

He almost smiled at that. "Yes I do."

He really was, and he knew it. Problem was, so did everyone else. No one really talked to him except for me. Even though I hadn't lived here all my life, our parents had know each other their entire lives, growing up in the same place. Even after his parents died, we kept in touch with him. Victor helped me with my guitar case after grabbing his stuff, and we were off with every one else to find where we would be staying for the next few weeks.

Spoiler! :
Is how I put their pasts together Ok? And are we still on for falling in love ;)
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:05 pm
Craz says...

Percy
Percy didn't mind the hike, though it was a little humid for his taste. He considered taking his shirt off and trying to strike a conversation with Miss Mulberry again, and then busted out laughing when he thought of how that would work out. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy, but Percy ignored them and instead tried to control his laughter.
I'll save that treat for Miss Mulberry later, he thought. It would be even better if he caught her in the morning unarmed.
The conversations had bubbled down by the time that the cabin was in view over the top of the hill. Excitement rolled in again, and Percy sprinted off with all of his stuff, determined to be the first one there. Shouts and girlish laughter sprouted behind him, and he heard a chorus of pounding feet that told him that some of the guys thought the same thing. He increased his speed and Miss Mulberry shouted at them.
Just as Percy was about to crash into the door, he skidded to a stop and calmly took his shoes off, opening the door like a gentleman. He waited for the other guys to slow down and they followed suit, with Percy holding the door open and gesturing gracefully for them to enter. He even kept the door open until everyone else was inside, winking at Emily as she passed.
The living room was huge. The kitchen was huge. Even the bathrooms were huge. Percy followed up the stairs to reserve his bed, looking around like a startled deer like everyone else. So this is where the budget cuts go to, he thought.
Percy plopped his stuff on his new bed, choosing the bottom bunk next to Dan's. The other guys began talking, and Percy laughed when he needed to. He sat next to Dan while still slightly paying attention, though really he was watching his childhood friend out of the corner of his eye. Something had been on his mind since Percy had first seen him this morning, and even though he was a good actor Percy could tell that he was holding something back.
"What's up?" He said, only loud enough for Dan to hear. Percy ran over his friend's long list of family problems, trying to guess what could have had happened before the trip. Dan gave Percy a sidelong glance, but quickly returned to watching the conversation.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

30 Reviews

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:19 pm
Alvarin says...

Spoiler! :
Haha, I guess I'll just rewrite the conversation from before xD

Daniel Thorpe
I laughed at Percy's little stunt. When it came to joking around he had always been funnier than me, probably because unlike me he didn't have to fake it. I hurried to pick a room and luckily enough Percy got there before the other beds were taken. Not that I would've minded to share room with someone else, but Percy was the only one who I really trusted.

Pretty soon all guys had gathered in our room and were talking loudly. Well, most of them anyway. I was only half listening and only said something when I needed to, even though I knew I should be more involved. Being quiet wasn't like me and if I didn't get a grip someone would notice how absentminded I was. Art was constantly on my mind. We were goin to live together. Actually live together. It was going to be like heaven on earth.. But right now I needed to stay in the now.

"What's up?" Percy asked quietly. I glanced at him before looking back at the other guys.

"Chad is having a party tonight," I said with a smile. I kept my voice low 'cause I knew he wouldn't be satisfied with my answer, and I was right.

He frowned. "And you're going to get completely wasted like always?" He shook his head not reproachfully but as if to appologize. "You know that's not what I mean. You seem.. You seem to have a lot on your mind." I hadn't thought that I was so obvious about it. Well, it was nearly impossible for me to not stare at Art, but when I wasn't staring I was thinking about him. The others probably didn't realize, but Percy had known me since we were kids. Though he would think that it was because of my family, but for once it wasn't.

"I'm okay, really. I haven't been home much lately.. And it's almost over." My smile changed, showing a real one for once. "Soon I'll be of to college, and I can't stop thinking about it." At least that wasn't a total lie. I felt bad lying to him about this when I had told him everything else, but I was lying for Art's sake. If this ever got out.. not that I thought Percy would tell anyone, but if it ever got out Art would be fired and I doubted that anyone would want to hire him again. Before Percy had time to ask anything more I changed the topic. "Just a few more weeks and then I'm moving across the country. Have you decided what you're going to do after school's done?"
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:33 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Rose

Tadge...he was awkward. But awkward is good. It's innocent and cute. And he's cute. Which is good. He was emo and had a blue streak in his hair just like mine which I found really cute. I wonder if i can make him smile though...

“Okay, seniors, we have … finally … reached our destination.”

I cheered and clapped with everyone else while Tadge just sat there with a blank face. Everyone was getting up and getting out quickly. While I got my purse together, Tadge got up, stretched, then grabbed both his bag and mine. I smiled at him gratefully, and again he just stared at me with that blank face. When I got outside I took a deep breath of the forests' fresh air and let it out slowly.

"It's beautiful out here, dontcha think?" I exclaim, expanding my arms to the great out doors. Tadge nods his head, holding both of our bags stiffly.

"Oh lighten up dude!" I say, punching his arm lightly. To that he smirks slightly, which gets an 100 watt smile from me. I hook his arm with mine and we begin walking towards the cabins.
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

130 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 am
*coco says...

Chad Rancic (Duke)

To say that chaos ensued once we reached the lake house would be an understatement. Sure people remembered to take their shoes off before they stepped inside, but after that is was like a teen stampede. People fought for rooms and who they wanted to share with. I didn’t really care. I got along with everyone enough to be able to tolerate anyone’s company. But, saying that I was kinda glad it ended up being Cam that I got a room with.

He got the bottom bunk of course. The cheeky bastard tricked me into giving it to him, before I could even realise what he was doing.

“You snooze you lose, Duke,” he chuckled as he threw his duffle bag onto his bed.

“Fuck, I hate top bunks.” I shed my shirt and watched Cam pull out a ready-made joint to smoke. Something was definitely on his mind if he needed a smoke that bad. For a second I thought about whether I should ask him what was wrong, he was my best friend after all, but then I decided against it. The way I saw it, getting him to talk about what was wrong would only bring him down. I needed to cheer him up.

And what better way to do that then with a surprise?

So I settled my bag onto the side table beside our window. “Lock the door will you?” I said to Cam over my shoulder.

I waited until I heard him turn the lock on the door-knob before unzipping the bag. I caught a whiff of the joint Cam was smoking as he came up beside me.

“Dude, you brought energy drinks?” he asked, disappointment dripping from his voice as his eyes fell on all the bottles inside my bag.

I threw him a sideways smirk. “Who said they’re energy drinks?”

Cam frowned in confusion before picking up one of the bottles and opening the top. It wasn’t until he tilted the bottle to his nose and smelled alcohol that he smirked back at me. “You, my friend, are a fucking genius.”

I shrugged as if to say it were nothing. “We got the drinks. All we need to do now is come up with a plan to sneak out. Any ideas?”

Cam took another drag from his joint and shook his head. “Not that I can think of. Mr Reed is right, it’s gonna be next to impossible to try anything with the teachers staying downstairs.”

“Come on, Cam, we’re St James boys, nothing’s impossible for us …” I paused to think for a moment. “Maybe Dan and Percy will have some ideas.” I threw a new shirt on, before turning back to Cam. He looked like he was in another world. “You comin’?” I asked, even though I knew what the answer was going to be.

“You go ahead, I’ll catch up,” he said.

“You sure?” I asked. Again I thought about whether I should ask him what was up but Cam had that look on his face that said he wanted to be alone.

So I left him to it.

He’d tell me if it was important. He nearly always did.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 am
winterbites says...

Rose took my arm, which was a Big surprise. But I didn't make anything of it.
"So, what cabin are you gonna have?" Rose asked smiling up at me. I looked down at her with a blank face but had a small half smile, but it wasn't noticeable.

"Urm, not many of the other guys and I are what you would say friends.. So, I'll probably just wait until everyone has picked and just go with it." I shrugged.

Rose smiled, "Okay." She said simply. I nodded and looked away from her. "Lighten up." She said again.

"Okay, Okay." I said shaking my head. "I've lighten up now." I said being sarcastic. Rose rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Whatever." We made it to the cabins where everyone else was and waited for one of the teachers to tell us something.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:14 am
FermentingFruit says...

Cam:

I somehow managed to snag a room with Chad, which was good. Or good for now at least, I thought to myself. I sighed stole the bottom bunk from Chad without thinking. I chuckled to try to act normal as I threw my stuff on my bed. “Fuck, I hate top bunks.” Chad said. He took her shirt off and I couldn't help but look at him. He wasn't close to as big as me. What if he found out and got physical? Would I be able to fight him? He was my best friend. All this thinking is bad for you, I thought to myself. I pulled out my joint from my bag and lit it. I inhaled, and the smoke always felt funny the first time. I took another puff, and felt the stress start to melt away, but it was still there.

Chad lifted his bag to the window, and I heard the clink of glass. “Lock the door will you?” I looked up, and processing what he said, I went over and hit the lock. Something about the click just made me feel safe, although it was probably just the marijuana. I walked over to Chad as he unzipped the bag. I took another drag and reached in the bag. Bottles.

“Dude, you brought energy drinks?” I said. On a normal day, I would've know what he was up to, but my mind was other places.

“Who said they’re energy drinks?” Chad said smiling. Puzzled, I grabbed a bottle and opened it. Alcohol.

“You, my friend, are a fucking genius.” I said with a smile. A genuine smile. He smiled and responded.

“We got the drinks. All we need to do now is come up with a plan to sneak out. Any ideas?” I took another puff and racked my brain. There was no way I'd come up with anything. Not yet.

“Not that I can think of. Mr Reed is right, it’s gonna be next to impossible to try anything with the teachers staying downstairs.”

“Come on, Cam, we’re St James boys, nothing’s impossible for us.” He paused, then continued. “Maybe Dan and Percy will have some ideas.” He put on another shirt, but I wasn't paying attention to him. All I could picture was Ree's face on that bus when I exposed her. “You comin’?” He asked. I snapped out of it, and drifted over to him.

“You go ahead, I’ll catch up,” I said. My mind drifted, I'd meet up with him later.

“You sure?” I just looked at him, and he got the message, he left the room. I gradually looked up then moved over to the door and locked it again. I took another drag then went over to his bag. I rummaged through the bottles until I found what I wanted. I grabbed the bottle, popped it open, and took a straight drink. The alcohol burned going down my throat. I headed over to my bag and got an empty water bottle. I headed over to Chad's and poured the rest of the Vodka into my water bottle. I zipped Chad's bag up, then went over to mine. I put away the blunt in a plastic bag, took one last swig of the vodka, and put the cap on the water bottle. I popped a piece of gum in my mouth, quickly changed into my favorite Derek Rose jersey, then I sprayed some axe into the room to hide all smells. I sprayed some on my chest just in case. I lifted Chad's bag onto his bed, did one last double check, then left the room, with nothing but my phone and my water bottle, and went to find Chad again.
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:37 am
JourneyGirl says...

Ashlyn Annabeth Wielder

I look up from my journal just as we are pulling in. I can tell that we're going to have a great trip. I gather up my stuff and get in line. We hike up to the cabin where we then go to pick our own rooms. Since, obviously, no one wants to share a room with me, I end up alone. But hey, no complaints here, I've got a private room. I call top bunk! I can't help but smirk, but then it fades away as I realize that I'm the only person alone, everyone else has friends to share their rooms with. I heard that there was going to be a party tonight in the woods. After a long debate with myself about it, I decide that I'm going. I probably won't even make any friends, but at least the other seniors will know I'm alive; that I wasn't brutally murdered, or eaten by a bear or something. But what am I even going to wear? I mean, I've never been girly at all, but then again, I've never been to a party either. This I going to be fun..... maybe..... I hope. Maybe I'll try to unwind for a change, but we all know how much I fail at that. If I even go. No, I should go, no question about it. Right? What if we get caught by the teachers, or none of us can sneak out?! What if we get in major trouble?! I'm probably over-thinking this, but it's apparent I'm going to spend the rest of the time before we go arguing with myself, if I do go. Ugh!
~Journeygirl

130 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:28 pm
*coco says...

Spoiler! :
JourneyGirl, Rena will definitely approach you later on, maybe at the party. Maybe they could form a friendship?

Rena Meers (Ree)

Once we made it to Ferncliffe Forest I sort of drifted on my own for a little bit. I hoped Amazon wouldn’t mind. I just needed some time to be alone and hiking through the woods surrounded by nature gave me the perfect atmosphere to do it in. I lost myself in the trees and the birdsong. It was enough to make me forget about my worries.

Well, almost.

I watched Chad and Cam talking and let out an inward sigh. I always knew they were good friends. I knew that even when I went behind Chad’s back and slept with Cam. I was just too wasted to care at the time. Now I was going to have to live with the consequences and it sucked.

I was so lost in my own world that I hadn’t even realised we’d reached the lake house. It was a beautiful wooden cabin built out of dark wood with tall tinted windows overlooking the Hudson River. But I didn’t get to appreciate the architecture for long. The rest of the seniors charged inside, running up the stairs two at a time to get first dibs on bedrooms.

I just took a seat on one of the couches in the lounge area. It just looked so inviting beside the roaring fireplace.

“Don’t you want to go and see the bedrooms?” asked Mrs Wells as she came over towards me. She had that usual warm smile on her kind, round face.

“Hopefully Akara’s saved me a bed,” I answered.

“Are you okay, sweetheart, you’re looking a little pale. Did you eat this morning?” She placed a hand to my forehead to check for a temperature.

“I’m fine, Mrs Wells,” I replied, quickly. It wasn’t a lie, I did eat. Whether I kept it down or not …

“Go upstairs and try to rest, dear. We won’t be doing anything until dinner so you’ve got plenty of time.”

I nodded and decided maybe she was right. I wanted to be back with Akara again, anyway. So, I got up and headed for the stairs. Since the girls quarters were on the top floor I had to get up two flights of stairs before I reached the landing. Once there, I walked down the narrow hall, peering into the bedrooms I passed. Most of the girls were sharing, others weren’t. One girl, I think her name was Ashlyn seemed to be on her own. As I passed her room I noticed she was sat on the top bunk unpacking her things from her bag. I was just about to knock and introduce myself, when a hand grabbed mine.

I turned to see Akara and smiled. “There you are! I was wondering where you went off two! Come on let me show you our room! I managed to snag a doubled bedroom so we’ll be sharing with Jaylee too! How awesome is that?!”

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:09 pm
ChocoCookie says...

Emily Adams

I could see Akara felt I was hiding something. She knew something was wrong here and this is exactly why people don't mix with me. But she doesn't know I've got such low-esteem and I didn't want to show-off in front of people. But I promised myself I keep up to my word. I'll show my guitar once we all get our rooms.

We pass by the guys cabin when I catch Percy winking at me. I grin. Boys. They sure can be such flirts sometimes. I go up to the girls' cabin when I see Cass running from the opposite side and grabbing my hand. I didn't know she went up so fast.

"I've got the perfect room! We're sharing by the way!" she squeaked.

I give her a genuine smile. I pass by Akara's room. It was next to ours which was alright. I mean, I guess I can get to talk to her more, then. We enter our room and dump our bags at a side.

"I'm picking the bottom. The top bunk freaks me out." I say before she can debate.

Cass sighs but she's still got that fresh smile on her face. "Alright then. Top bunk it is!" she says and climbs on top.

I grab my bag and keep it on the bed. Unzipping it slowly, I take my song book out and a denim shorts and top. Silence is swarming in the room. I look up at Cass to see her staring at me. She has to cut that out, really!

"What?" I ask, folding my arms.

"I was just wondering... Are you crushing on Percy yet? You two seemed to get cosy back there." she smiles.

Glare. Now, I hated her.

"Cass, you're getting the wrong idea. You know how he is. We were just singing."

"Singing, huh?"

"He's a nice guy to be around with, that's all." I say, shaking my head.

I change in my blue top and shorts. I French plait my hair and wear some slippers on. Cass changes into a black top and normal jeans. I loved her simplicity of style.

I walk out of the room to see Akara, Rena and Jaylee laughing aloud. Sometimes I've wondered to myself, who would I be if I were as jumpy and active as them? If I didn't have such a low-esteem. Anyway, I knew I was acting stupid. I pass their room when Akara calls out my name.

"Emily!"

I turn to look.

"Oh! The guitar, yeah. I'll just get it." I say, talking fast. I run back to my room but she grabs me by the hand.

"Hey... If you're uncomfortable in showing it to me, really, don't bother." she says, looking into my eyes.

"No, its not that. You're getting the wrong idea." I say, smiling. "I just didn't want to show-off at that moment. I... Well. I don't know. I think really low of myself. Maybe its just that."

I walk in to get my guitar. I take it and show it to her. She stares at it and smiles.

"That's a cool guitar. How about we sing something, together?" she asks.

"That'd be awesome. We should do that during the party too." I spoke.

"We should." she says, nodding her head. "I guess I'll catch you later."

I nod. Maybe the Field Trip won't be too bad. I think I'll be turning into a new leaf before I know it. I see Cass arranging her stuff on the bed. Frankly, she's got so many things with her. I laugh. I guess that's why, we're best friends. That's why, I feel she'll understand me.

"Hey Cass?" I say.

"Yeah, dummy?" she grins.

I smile. "Nothing. Want me to help?"
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

30 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:57 pm
VampireSenshi says...

Spoiler! :
Oh My God, I am soooooo sorry I missed the start XD
I had a bunch of standardized testing to do for school, but luckily that's over now. And I've been reading over all the posts and stuff. So all should be good.

Once again, sorry I missed the start

Asher

The big senior field trip had arrived! I had been so excited for this. The bus ride wasn't terribly long to the forest. Once we got there people were scrambling toward the lake house to get a room inside and see how it all looked. The excitement in the air was palpable, students and teachers alike were laughing and anxious to begin the vacation of sorts.

It was decided that the boys were taking the first floor, while the girls the top floor, and the ground floor to the chaperons.

Haha this is going to be great!

We all rushed for rooms. managed to snag a room together. Dan and Percy got a room together, and Chad was with Cam. Which meant I would be bunking with Tadge. Both of us meandered into our room and the same time - I jumped for the top bunk of the bed.

"Mine!" laughed, sitting up.

I heard Tadge behind me,

"I'm taking the bottom then" I laughed.

I heard a chuckle from either Percy, who was standing in the door frame.

"Not like you'll be sleeping here the whole time anyway."

"Oh what is that supposed to mean?" I laughed. I didn't particularly think I was going to be getting any from this trip - but the thought was nice.

"So Tadge, it looked like you and Rose were getting friendly." I said, he wore a sort of half smile, but I could tell he wasn't going to say anything.

"Yeah, and let's not forget the Glorious Ash/Jaylee flirt-a-thon." Percy said laughing.

"Hey, it's not my fault that she's fantastic." I smiled.

"Think you might ask her to Prom?" Tadge inquired from below me.

"I don't know, we'll see how things go!"

Percy then walked away, presumably to go talk to Cam. He seemed a little off when we got here.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

It doesn’t smell old, it just smells like a bad idea.
— James Hoffman