z

Young Writers Society

The Mirror's Curse (full!)

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:00 pm
SubjectBlue says...

Just the three of you for too long, now I'm joining in (YAY!)
Hector

The sun shined over the fields, a huge golden land spreading underneath me.
My wings are stretched wide, still, as I glide in the skies, my great, yet graceful, body cutting through the heavens as a knife.
Once, these skies were full of dragons. The thought appeared in my head, followed by bitterness. I shook my head wildly, angry that I allowed myself to get so touchy. Suddenly, I got hungry, I detected with my eyes a deer from the distance,
and they are impressed by hawks.- I chuckled.

The deer seemed to enjoy the morning like me, eating some berries off a bush. I'll have to get him quickly, some parts of this forest are too dense for me. The deer was then walking gracefully toward, well, somewhere I guess, if deer could think, this one's last thought would have been- 'Birds can't get that big, oh, crap!'

I ate the warm flesh, the antlers, the hooves and any other deer parts, when finished, I decided I should go terrify some Shepherds, it's always funny to see the little things wetting their ridiculous clothes, and when they run off- I get some sheep, and if I'll be in the mood, some shepherds too.

Suddenly, I smelled something- fear, no doubt, leather, the crafted kind... Is that horseflesh? My stomach already started preparing it self to the meal, I stood in the shadows, as silent as death, my body stretched in waiting like a cat. Dragon's tend to be surprisingly stealthy, if you'll excuse my pun.
The terrified horse suddenly burst out of the denser plantation, I leaped, my jaws clenching behind his neck and twisting it, then, I ate.

I heard some noises inside, but all the squirrel noises got in the way, well, if the princess won't come to the dragon, the dragon will come to the princess, though this time, it was the other way around.

I looked at the skies, and roared, thundering through the woods.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 pm
gleek456 says...

Rosalie Levia

I continued nursing Itaeo while the young man played with his small dragon. I suddenly heard a large roar. I quickly look at the small dragon. The young man shook his head. If it wasn't that dragon, then could it be an actual dragon? We hear large footsteps approaching us and I start to panic.

(Sorry it's this short, I needed something to match with the other post.)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:47 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Nevermind, go ahead folks.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:40 pm
Shadowlight says...

(Griffinkeeper-I just wanted to get Itaeo off his butt before we meet any new friends I hope you don't mind)

As the echoes of the dragon's roar faded away, Itaeo bolted straight up to a stand, in one hand a dagger, his eyes were wild and every muscle of his being ready for a fight. Rosalie who had been kneeling jumped backwards away from him.

“Whoa! Easy now.” His eyes darted around the clearing then back to Rosalie, he relaxed slowly.

“Sorry about that I-” then he stopped and looked at his wrapped arm, it was hanging by his side limply, useless at the moment. He cursed under his breath.

“See this is why I hate dragons!” he shouted, he pointed to the sky. “The big ones deafen you if they don't barbecue you first, the middle sized ones will squeeze you until your brains come out your ears and the little ones are venomous. I'm just a having a banner year, it's three for three now. What's next? Witches! Werewolves! Banshees? Merciful heaven above please no banshees!” he had been ranting so forcefully he didn't notice the prolonged silence. When he did he turned around. He saw the other two, not facing him. In fact they were staring into the trees eyes wide, listening. He stopped shouting and bothered to payed attention, he could smell it, blood. He pushed past Rosalie and Kylar staring into the dense undergrowth sniffing. Kylar turned to him.

“Are you sniffing, what are you a bloodhound?” he asked incredulously, Itaeo grinned wickedly.

“In a manner of speaking.” Rosalie shushed them both.

“We heard a dragon, its roaring woke you up.” she said. Itaeo closed his eyes and took one long breath through his nose and exhaled.

“Crap.” he turned to Kylar. “I owe you a new horse and tack, don't let me forget.”

(I hope I'm not ruining anyone's characters. please tell me if I am!)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

82 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 pm
gleek456 says...

(It's okay, you're doing fine Shadow!)

Rosalie Levia

When Itaeo woke up, thanks to the dragon, he began yelling about the things he doesn't want to encounter. Kyler just stood there ignoring him until he got annoyed. The two started feuding, and all I was doing was being a by stander. I rolled my eyes an explained to Itaeo how he woke up. He then said something about a horse, tack, and Kyler.

"Where is the roaring coming from?" I asked. Kyler, the young man's name was figured out shortly, looked all around.

"Probably East, but it's a dragon, it can fly anywhere at anytime," he replied. I scratch my head, which caused some blonde strands of hair to fall in my face. I quickly turn to Itaeo.

"You need water, and more rest," I suggested.

"But there's a bloody dragon heading our way-" I cut him off. "We're not positive about that!" I snap. I lead Itaeo to the same tree he slept near, and ordered him to lay down. Hoping my magic wasn't affected by my exhaustion, I take a canister from Itaeo's satchel (is it okay if I included that he had a satchel?) and filled it with a small cube. Kyler, who was watching behind me, looked on.

"A cube?" he asked impatiently.

"Uh-huh, just wait," I said. After a few seconds, the cube instantly filled the canister with water.

(I needed to get a little magic in here!)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:24 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Alekan

"Can I have some water?" Alekan asked. The party gathered around the spring jumped and turned toward me.

"Sorry, I forget how quiet I can be. I didn't mean to surprise you all. Can I have some water?" he asked the Nymph.

"Uh... sure. Feel free," the Nymph answered. Alekan pulled out the water flasks and began filling them in the pond. There was a loud thudding noise coming closer.

"You hear that? The dragon's coming closer!" the injured magician said.

"Yes, the Bronze Dragons tend to be very aggressive. But I wouldn't be too worried," Alekan said.

"Yeah, why's that?"

"Because you're right next to a spring. There is no way a dragon will be able to eat you if you're in the spring and there is no way he'll be able to use fire to burn you out, especially with a Nymph right inside her pool. A nymph in her spring is harder to attack than a dragon in their lair. So you're all safe; provided you get in the water before the dragon arrives. If the dragon is smart, it will leave you alone and go terrorize something else," Alekan said.

"How can you tell if they're smart?" the Nymph asked. Alekan put his flask down, turned toward the direction of the thumping and let out a sound that started as a shriek and ended as a roar, in a distinctly gryphon cry. He then turned back toward the group.

"If he's smart, then he'll run away. Only dumb dragons run towards a gryphon," Alekan said. The thudding noise increased. "Make that a really dumb one..."
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

83 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:44 am
SubjectBlue says...

I heard the foolish griffin words, he's probably still upset about Drillek mountain.
A nymph, huh! Does the little bird think we are just portable flamethrowers? I can do so much more.
(I hope nobody minds me using powers freely)
My body started shrinking, making horrible cracking and thudding sounds, after a few seconds, a tanned man, dressed richly, ran through the woods, fear in his eyes.

"Help me! Please!" I shouted at the rugged little group, my hands raised in a plea, "It's horrible!"
One of them, the watery thing, who already started to, well, leak? turned and looked at me with compassion, followed by the ridiculous bird, the horse smelling fae and the, what do they call themselves? serious farmers? Bah! never mind, that creepy dark thing. I could fell they're good intentions toward me, I could also smell they're fear of me, not me at the second, of course.
"My name... is Adrian Seranyle... You've got to help... me... HE is coming... we're all doomed!" I wailed.
That seemed to arouse an argument between the group members, the foolish ones talking about fighting me, the smart, as smart as little mammals such us them can be, of course, offered hiding, the water girl then said: "You need to rest, let me heal you." I yelled: "Please! I can't walk any further!" Then, she came to help me.
The second she held my hand for support, I looked into her eyes, grinning as she looked into the emerald voids and realized she was a bit more distant from her pond then she should have been.
My hand locked around her's like still, then I got up inhumanly fast, turned her, o that her back was faced to me, and wrapped my other arm around her throat, as strong as she may be, she didn't had a chance in this sort of fight, her scream of pain was a bit weird until I realized I broke her arm by mistake.
"Listen, fools," I said as the others looked, not moving- "I'm not going to hurt her as long as you don't do me any problems, now tell me, what are you all talking about?"
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

For Free!
topic86079.html

42 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:57 am
Shadowlight says...

I don't have time right now but can I do the next post please??? around 10ish??

42 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:36 pm
Shadowlight says...

“You've already broken your promise to us, you've harmed her, so we're not bound to any sort of agreement with you.” Itaeo's voice was calm, measured and cold. He stood up slowly, whatever had been in the water Rosalie had given him had worked wonders on him-his arm was not longer dead.

He walked towards the dragon turned man. It growled and tightened his grip on Rosalie, she cried out in pain. Itaeo stopped abruptly.

“ You broke your promise again, release her and I'll let you leave with your hide.” the dragon man grinned.

“Oh please what do you think your capable of? I'm not afraid of anything living or dead!”

To the surprise of everyone Itaeo laughed! It was not a joyful laugh though it was a hard cruel laugh. His voice had changed too. An edge that had not been there before, a killers edge.

“Do you not fear death then Hector?” The dragon's man shape turned several shades paler.

“No, your bluffing- your a Fae. You reek of Fae!” Itaeo reached up into his long sleeve and the wrappings which encased his arm began to unravel falling to the ground. Kylar saw from where he stood the insides of these were written upon in a strange script. The red sleeve covered the arm but it looked shrunken somehow. Itaeo now slowly pulled up the sleeve, a shriveled mummified hand and arm met the horrified eyes of the Dragon.

“You are not invincible, you fear death.” Itaeo hissed “If you don't let the Nymph go, I will send you where I have sent hundreds of creatures, many far more fearsome then you! Remember this Dragon. It only takes a touch for me to reap life!” By this time Itaeo was face to face with hector far too close for the dragons comfort. He released Rosalie and shoved her at the Magician. Itaeo caught her and lowered her gently to the ground.

The Griffin took this break in the talk to walked forward in a dignified confident manner and address the dragon in a strange beastly language with an air of command. Kylar moved to Rosalie, the nymph was pale and shivering.

“Whats wrong with her?” Itaeo looked at him.

“Dragons are always fiery, both inside and out. He's burned her and broken her arm. She needs water Kylar, my canteen is near the tree still. Fill it and bring it here.” While Kylar was doing this Itaeo ripped Rosalie's sleeve up to where he could see the break. He laid his shrunken hand gently on it and focused all his mind on the injury.
All of a sudden there was a violent snap and his own arm broke in the same spot as the nymphs, while hers was whole once again!

Kylar brought the water and using it Rosalie was able to heal the rest of her injuries on her own. Itaeo was holding his arm tenderly and looking around then he turned to the Fae.

“Hey Kylar! Take hold of my arm and pull as had as you can.” Kylar looked at the arm which Itaeo had said not five minute before could kill with a touch.

“I'm not taking hold of that thing!” he said still kneeling by Rosalie. The Magician rolled his eyes.

“Oh come on it's not a dead fish, I can control what it does. Now will you get over here and help me!?”

(I hope I kept everyone in character. Blue and Griffin- I'm not sure how your characters would react so I hope you don't mind what I did)

82 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:04 pm
gleek456 says...

Rosalie Levia

I start to rub my arm, after Itaeo used his magic to take my injury upon him, I stand up slowly. I was really angry, and being a Nymph, that's a bad thing. You see, when Nymphs are angry, fury takes over and Nymphs can be scary while still beautiful. When they're angry, they have better chances in the combat department, but I tend to stay away from the anger zone. I let out a huff and take a breath and turn to the dragon.

"Can you return to human form?" I ask, doing my best to be loud. The dragon hesitated for a second, rolled his eyes, and returned to human form. I looked into the same green eyes, except this time I was angry. The human form of the dragon looked at me weirdly. I take a deep breath, took his arm and did the same thing he did to me, in a swift movement.

"Do you think I liked what you did?" I whispered in his ear. We were beside the Springs this time.

"You know, just because I'm a girl, doesn't really mean I'm defenseless you know," I continued. Kyler, Itaeo, and te Gryphon looked on. I let him go after I was finished talking.

"Break my arm, cause my dress to become ripped a second time, gosh, you attacked me because I look defenseless without my Springs, didn't you?" I asked before making my way inside the Springs and disappearing to change my dress, again.

83 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:07 pm
SubjectBlue says...

Well, aside for my character being a bit of a wild beast/wussy, it was okay.
whoops, didn't see your comment gleek.

As the annoyed Shade-Fae walked toward me, I realized my mistake, as long as I'm Fae shaped, I'm vulnerable to his powers.
in my true shape, I'd probably send the little thing crying all the way to wherever he came from.
"I don't really call that breaking the pact,"- I groaned- "I tend to forget how fragile little creatures are.
I looked into the eyes of the Shade-fae, as a creature of pure magic, I could see his real eyes, I wasn't that impressed.
"First thing, I'm not fiery! That's a ridiculous mortal myth! Flames are just the way magic looks like, I'm raw magic. secondly, Don't threat me, Farmer, you might just be able to collect mortals when ever you wish, but me, you'll need to actually kill me, dragons don't just die like lesser creatures unless truly killed, for that you'll need powers other then your's, so take it easy.
I never meant to harm anyone, you just freaked out, all of you. I'm just looking for company, even though you mortals tend to be silly and boring, I've got nothing better to do. and if anyone still wants to prove he's a tough guy, or she, of course, they're more then welcome to go outside of the annoying trees and try- Birdy."
I stretched, this body was uncomfortable, my gaze suddenly rested on a little dragon, I smiled.
"Really now, you've got a dragon knockoff? That's like going around with fake scars, you know."
I smiled at them, I was never very good at being friendly, and felt a bit unappreciated by their looks of hate. Here I am, making an attempt of being nice, which is hard for me, and all the puny things are annoyed at me?!
"If you want, I can bring live creatures like you in here, and let you play with them." I difficultly exhaled, I hate sharing.

For Free!
topic86079.html

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:38 pm
icebender28 says...

Aritha Gett:

I bolted awake in the dim clearing at the sound of a roar. A dragon's roar? Interesting. I thought. I got up and grabbed my small bag and began to walk towards the noise. The Voice resounded in my head, telling me to go towards the dragon, let it do what it wants to me. I shook my head. I hate the Voice. I was heading towards the dragon, but to see if I could terrorize it for a change.
I walked for a little while before entering a clearing. I was surprised to find a Grim Reaper, a hugh Fea, a gryphon, a water nymph, and the dragon who had screeched earlier in it's human form. I think I'll just climb a tree and watch what happens next. I thought as I backed back into the shadows. A few seconds later, I was up in a tree in a cofortable position, my black clothes keeping me from sight of the strange group below.

(Hope I did okay!)
Life is to be lived, not survived.

42 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:15 pm
Shadowlight says...

(Sorry blue if I made Hector wussy or out of character. I don't know much about him, that's all. I think he's a great, I like him a lot! A good opposite from Itaeo :D (at least I think he is right now.)

“Wow and people think I can be a smart ass.” Itaeo grinned looking at the dragon.

“If you want company why didn't you just come over and say “Hi.” in a friendly way, it works for most creatures you know, and will make you more popular than your present greeting does. You don't really need to come and assault one of our friends, and the lady at that!” Rosalie looked furiously at Itaeo, he put up a hand.

“ I didn't mean to offend anybody! Call me old fashioned but that's just cowardly, you attack the one person in this group who actually wanted to help you and now she's angry. Your up a creek.” Itaeo turned away rubbing the back of his neck.

“And just to let you know my friend. I am not so weak as you think me, you may have strong magic that grants you special sight, but you can't see everything. So I would appreciate a little more respect!” he reached inside his shirt and pulled out a necklace. Seven small round disk like things hung on it in varying colors, dragon scales. he tossed it to Hector.

“I have only killed seven so far in their full power, I wouldn't mind adding eight if you continue hurting my friends.” then he added as an afterthought.

“And stop calling me farmer! What is that all about?”

Itaeo sat down under a tree and stewed silently. He had seen the withering, appraising look the dragon had given him, he didn't think he was any great threat! A small bit of his soul cackled in glee daring him to let loose the demon that was chained within to feed on his sudden anger. He fought it down...this time.

He contented himself with wrapping his withered arm in the bandages much-tighter than they needed to be. He was too angry to notice the new life force that was sitting just ten feet above his head.

82 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:29 pm
gleek456 says...

Rosalie Levia

When I came back to the surface, my anger factor was pretty calm right now. I took a deep breath to ensure I was calm. I came back with a new dress, strapless this time, and heard the dragon and Itaeo bickering.

"And stop calling me farmer! What is that all about?" Itaeo demanded. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"I believe it's and offensive term," I answer. I make my way over to the tree where Itaeo slept near, and sat down with the canister in my hand. I put some water in my hand and wet the ends of my hair.

"Now stop bickering. Hector, if you're wishing to make friends, why do it in such a vulgar way?" I ask calmly. Hector hesitated for a moment. I sigh and look up to the sky. The trees were still green, and the sky was still cloudless. But something was strange about one tree. I stood up, and started walking to the tree, which was a bit farther from the Springs. Itaeo, Kyler, the Gryphon, and Hector looked on. As I got closer, the vision turned out to be black, but then it turned out to be a figure. When I reached the tree, I looked up. It was another High Fae.

"Hey! What is with you High Faes and eavesdropping?!" I asked, my hands on my hips.

83 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 pm
SubjectBlue says...

I almost laughed out loud, the little thing justified his name, ridiculous serious farmer. trying to scare me off with some old lizard scales and calls me a coward. I didn't know what was that weird sparkle in his eyes, but he was a mortal alright.
I decided that satisfying his wounded pride might be a better way to socialize, though.
"Oh, sorry for underestimating, I'll know to be careful from now on." I said.
The intruder broke in, explaining something about social business. How come everybody knows my name
At that point the annoying bird coughed symbolically, talking about ego. I looked at him, he looked right back at me, tough bird, huh? I smiled, showing razor-sharp teeth, size fitting, though. As tough as he may be, he swallowed and looked away.
I returned to the surprised Farmer and the shaking tree-girl. "So, kill her, let you play with her, you choose."
The farmer looked at me angrily, "You really need to change that attitude" he ranted, followed by nods from the rest of the group.
"you can come down." Said the farmer- the Tree-girl climbed down.

I looked away, what was wrong with him?

For Free!
topic86079.html

I just want to be the side character in a book that basically steals the whole series.
— avianwings47