z

Young Writers Society

Generation 700

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed May 04, 2011 12:27 am
fictionfanatic says...

Psst, undertaker, when you said your persons name was Tyler in the begining, did you mean Hayden?
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 0
Wed May 04, 2011 1:46 am
Undertaker says...

Sorry...character of another storybook...epic fail. ^^;
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed May 04, 2011 11:38 pm
Synnoev says...

OOC: @fictionfanatic: essentially, yes - she gets a vague sense of emotions without touching but when she touches she gets a really clear insight into feelings and related thoughts.

Carina
For the next half an hour or so, we all sat in contented silence, the camp filled with a pleasant aura that was contagious, despite the oats and lack of plumbing.

Suddenly, something in the air changed, a sharpness invading the carefree bubble of emotions that surrounded us, and I looked up and around, trying to work out who had changed, and more importantly, why. My gaze went to Blue first, knowing that if I had sensed it, he would have too and would probably have a better idea of where it had come from.

His eyes met mine as he sensed my burst of curiosity, before they flickered back to what he had originally been looking at. I followed his line of vision to see Emmi looking at the floor with a familiarly distant expression, her eyes clouded over as they stared without seeing. Or at least, without seeing anything that was happening right now. I probed slightly, trying to direct my powers to that one area, and found the non-emotion that always occurred when people weren't fully conscious, that eerie absence that I always found disconcerting.

I opened my mouth to speak, but the sight of Blue putting one finger on his lips in a warning gesture made me shut up again, holding in my words with considerable effort. I knew that drawing attention to Emmi's current state would probably just distract her and make it unclear, but that didn't mean I still didn't want to tell everyone. A ghost of a smile danced across Blue's features, and I mock-scowled at him before trying to go back to my oats and ignore Emmi.

Finally, my struggles were put to an end by Emmi's vision refocussing, and she looked around at us, her fear evident without the need for any empathic powers. "Something's going to happen here, and soon.", she said urgently, her eyes wide. "We need to leave, now."

Reviews: 3
Thu May 05, 2011 12:02 am
ANate13 says...

Allan

OOC: Sorry for the short post but I don't have too much time. Feel free to have him pack up everything in one of you guys's posts.

At Emmi's warning I stood up. "If we really need to leave, I can pack us up quick, with my powers. Before I do, get what you need."
The Bard Chronicles: http://youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=1134

Master of Words: novel.php?id=1039

If you review those two, send me a PM containing a link to something you'd like reviewed.

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Thu May 05, 2011 11:25 pm
megsug says...

Troy Horn

I ducked as a pot flew over my head and popped the last of my berries into my mouth. When I had woken to the smell of oats and the soft sound of conversation, I hadn't even bothered with trying to join the group. I had gone foraging for a breakfast that was slightly less destable.

The camp was a crazy disarray of things being put away hurriedly. Shouldering the pack I had brought with me, I moved to my tent to find it already folded. I looked around again, wondering what had happened to cause all of this. Instead of asking, I just packed my tent in with the rest of my belongings and said to no one in particular, "There's easier walking to the east."

A few people glanced at me as they continued to work on whatever they were doing as I secured and resecured everything in my pack. A few herbs, bandages, gauze, band-aids, and anything portable that a medical emergency could call for. As the others began to leave, I followed.
Test

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri May 06, 2011 12:32 am
Sunshine says...

Emmi

I watch as the fire flickered back and fourth and I knew immediatley what was about to happen. Everything seemed sharper, more acute. I feeling of dread came over me as I glanced up. Scarlet's distinctive red hair blurred across my vision, a shadow of it crossing the meadow. There was a braid flying, but I couldn't really tell who's it was. I blink through the shadow's of the past, trying to figure out what I was seeing. There it was. A bright flash of a wing. Cold and dark eyes ripping across our tents, our bag's. I heard a screech, faintly, because it wasn't really happening. Not now. It was obviously the future. The closeness of it told me that whatever I was seeing would happen soon. Something jumps into an air, even more blurry than it should be. I see the shadow of blood, a body out lined in the grass. A figure hunched over it. Another scream, mocking my ears with it's realness. A shadow of an arrow. A crash. Suddenly, figures and the smell of oat's cloud my senses, and I watch as the future slipped away.

I find myself back, looking across the fire. Everything's back in place now. Only thing that comes from different times are the shadow's of birds and rock's, hardly even there. I look to my companion's. They knew what was happening, and all looked at me with expectant eyes.

"Something's going to happen here, and soon.", I urged, "We need to leave, now."

They didn't question me; they already knew what my visions and regular sight could see. The boy Allan stands up.

"If we really need to leave, I can pack us up quick, with my powers. Before I do, get what you need."

They all obey, and we grab our things. I rush to my spot of sleeping, grabbing my hairbands. They may be frivoulous, but I needed them. I looked around, grabbing my jacket and wrapping it around me. I had already learned to pack light. It was crazy how quickly they packed up, our group. With Allan's help we were on our way in ten seconds flat. We all began leaving, heading East for some odd reason, and the group settled into a soft, nervous murmer. I glanced back at our former camp. It had been home for a few day's, and now this strange vision had sent us up and packing as soon as the word came across. It was scary, almost. I settle into a soft walk when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I jump.

"What exactly did you see?" the voice asks.

Can be anyone! Warning, Emmi won't freely share to much.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri May 06, 2011 7:45 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Scarlet:

We all went into an immediate mode of get up and get out. Things went flying around, being packed, people were intense. I looked over to Blue, his guitar slung across his back, and his almost pained expression, feeling everyone's mixed up emotions at once.

We quickly finished packing our neccessities and then started to head out, I lingering a bit to talk to Emmi. When Emmi passed, I tapped her on her shoulder and she whipped around to face me.

"What exactly did you see?" I asked quickly while walking away from our now former camp site.

Emmi looked like she was debating on telling me, then briefly said, "Just a lot of...hecticness. Danger. Creatures. Pain."

When she ended, I looked at her for another second to see if she would continue, but then figured she wasn't going to, so I looked away and we just kept walking, trying to catch up with the rest.

Blue:

The first thing I did was grab my guitar. When that was done, I packed up some of my other few possessions and tried my best to help out everyone else, but my head was overwhelmed.

The mix of everyone's different emotions and combination of emotions swelled in my head, making me uncapable to have any emotions myself. Scarlet's theory is that that's why I seem emotionless: there's too many of other people's emotions going on in my head for my to have my own. I never learned how to filter for long periods of time.

Soon we were back to being homeless, running from yet another destination, knowing not what was to come.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see-
*this can be anyone*
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 3
Mon May 09, 2011 5:53 am
ANate13 says...

Allan:

Feeling slightly tired from the use of my power, I stood up and began to follow everyone. I noticed Blue, the emotion reader, seeming rather blank. He didn't seem happy, he didn't seem sad... he just seemed... wrong. As if something wasn't right within him. I walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He turned to look at me, giving me a vaugly unsettling emotionless stare.
"Blue... what's wrong?" I asked.
The Bard Chronicles: http://youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=1134

Master of Words: novel.php?id=1039

If you review those two, send me a PM containing a link to something you'd like reviewed.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon May 09, 2011 7:56 pm
Apple says...

Are you still looking for people?
I spy!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon May 09, 2011 8:46 pm
thestorygirl says...

Yeah, you can be a late arrival for the team. I mean the proxies just started out a week ago.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

199 Reviews

Mon May 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Apple says...

I hope this is all okay. Except for one part, it's completely finished though I'll do that later.

Name- Mason Clarke

Age- Seventeen

Appearance-
Spoiler! :

As his picture, Mason has short, white-blonde hair that often contradicts his olive skin. With a small flutter of freckles that are hardly visible because of his love for the sun, Mason looks like your ordinary teenager. He's built like a surfer, though he can sometimes have a baby face if you look at him in the right line of light. Mason's chin is square and his eyes are narrow and a light blue. He's average height maybe slipping onto the shorter side though he makes up for that by wearing thicker shoes which he is often teased about.

Under his neck, Mason has a birthmark of a splotch. It's a strawberry colour that he hides usually with a pulled up collar. If you look more closely at this mark, it looks a little like a bird taking flight. It has been pointed out to Mason many times though whenever he see's it, all he spots is a "gay pink dot". His sister also had this mark.

Personality- Mason likes to speak his mind. You may as well nickname him 'mouth runner' because all he really does is tell you what he thinks -- and it's the truth. Partly because he is dyslexic and has a mild form of ADHD, he is a hot head and doesn't like people going against his order but most do anyway. They find his antics when he's angry to be funny and would rather watch him wave his hands in the air then follow what he says because let's face it, the boy isn't the smartest one on the block.

Mason would take a bullet to protect his friends. Sure he'll be an out right ass, and he has a bit of a sadistic side though no one can touch the people he holds to his heart. Some may depict Mason as a shy person when they first meet him. He doesn't talk much only if he feels comfortable enough. You may even thinks he's a bit of a loon because he often laughs at the jokes he makes up in his head, and rambles even at the most uncomfortable of times. All in all, Mason may look like your average joe but he is one lab experiment away from becoming the new Doctor X.

Other personalities: Add this later.

Brief History- Mason didn't grow up with a mother or a father because he didn't have any. His father hadn't wanted Mason as a child and had given him to his mother, though she was dying at the time. It was when he was nine that his mother finally passed away and his eighteen year old sister had to take over custody for him. Mason is always searching for his sister, the girl who could make an ordinary shack look like a palace. She had run away one night, leaving Mason on his cranky neighbours door step. Even though Mason was turned into an ordinary boy who had to go to school and make friends, he could never forget the days with his sister where they'd skip school just to find cool new objects to write about and scare the town with their antics.

Talents- Mason is excellent at tracking and hunting. He's as loud as a rhino escaped from prison, but when he wants to be, he can scout upon someone without them knowing a thing. Mason can remain frozen and awaiting prey for a long time, it's as if he were born for it. And because of his hunting abilities, this tracking falls hand in hand. Mason only has to follow footprints in the floor and he can find what you're looking for. Maybe that's why he was brought onto this mission, though otherwise, Mason isn't good at much. Wrestling is something he knows a bit about though he's not good enough to bring down a group of people.

Flaws- Practically everything else. Harsh? ^^ The truth. Other then hunting and tracking, Mason has trouble placing his pants on properly sometimes. He's not the brightest, in fact far from it and his speed is somewhat ordinary. Mason often wishes that he could be a little more skilled at writing because of his sister's ability to write and make ordinary things come to life. Sometimes he'll look out into the darkness trying to create an image though instead all he can see is stars.

Up For Love?Sure, why not.
Last edited by Apple on Tue May 10, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I spy!

49 Reviews

Mon May 09, 2011 11:52 pm
thestorygirl says...

Well... guess what...

Hehe. I've been planning this but.... you're going to get my character in the next few days (my computer is almost out of battery and my charger is stupid.)

I'm going to be from the government to be like somewhat of the alpha since Team 6 (you) has gotten th eleast work done so far. Profile will be up soon.

Later!
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

199 Reviews

Tue May 10, 2011 9:11 pm
Apple says...

So as usual I wrote a little to much. You can't blame me this is my first SB after my banning...alright you can blame me. Nonetheless, I hope this is all right. If I did something wrong make sure you tell me so I can fix it.

Mason:

Don't you just love waking up in the morning to realise everyone has deserted you? Not even a simple hey we're leaving, see you tonight! note left behind. I mean hello, I may be a little insane but I still have feelings. Let's just leave Mason in a tree, hanging upside down with a possible snake creeping inside of his sleeping bag all morning. Yeah, that'll be funny! Wait, did I say snake? I felt something's smooth body push under my thigh, its tail flicking at my toes. Shouting, I tumbled from the lowest branch in my tree and landed in a crumpled heap on the floor.

Groaning, I stared back up at my gear that were hanging on every single limb of the tree. Now how was I supposed to get my stuff with a snake in that tree? A cold breeze pushed through my half naked body. Maybe Allan was right, just wearing briefs to bed was a very bad idea. Standing off of the leaf dessegrated ground, I turned to see the remains of a fire still partially burning in between black rocks. I stumbled over to it, and scooped up what looked like a spoonful of oats from the ground.

Well either they all got a bad case of the runs or this is there way of telling me they didn't want me on this expedition. Either way, I was insulted. I scratched my back and yawned. Looking around, the sun began to stretch from behind the giant pine trees. Dew licked every corner of the forest landscape making it almost unbearable to walk barefooted. As usual they forgot to hide their tracks, I'd be able to find them in no time. I pushed my toe into the soggy mud of someone's boot print. Possibly Scarlet's or maybe even Blue's. Heck, I didn't pay attention to people's shoes, that would be weird.

I laughed out loud, sending the birds nestling in the trees into flight. The funny part was that I was lying, I had a weird obbsession with feet.

"Might as well get moving!" I said to myself, jumping back towards the tree to miss the more dense part of the dew.

Now I didn't want cold feet, now did I? No! Of course not. I grabbed at my black jeans and jumped around as I slung them on only to realise I had place the wrong leg in the wrong hole. If I had a penny for the amount of times that had happened well then I wouldn't be sleeping in a tree now would I. I'd be cruising in my boat with wings for sure. Fixing up my pants, I pulled my shirt and jacket over my body and began to gather the stuff that had fallen from my bag last night. There was my sister's hair brush, a picture of me, my mother and my sibling, oh and don't forget my ration pack I had snuck from Cece's bag on night.

It still had some spinach and tuna in it. Might as well eat that for breakfast before I head after the betrayers. I dug my fingers into the bag and scooped out of a handful of...well...I didn't exactly know what it looked like but if I didn't open my eyes as I ate, or even took a wiff I'd be fine. Placing it into my mouth, I gagged, though forced it down. Maybe if I hadn't been jumping around like a complete maniac trying to rid my buds of the disgusting taste, I would've heard the sound of twigs breaking and the now heavy breeze of cold air being pushed towards me. Though that would've been the rational thing and frankly I'm not rational!
I spy!

49 Reviews

Tue May 10, 2011 9:42 pm
thestorygirl says...

Well I've decided to only give you my name, power, age, how you will probably perceive her, and appearance. You'll have to figure me out as we go along.

I'll give you my little character profile right here and I'll start my post.

Name- Madison Zalia Grey

Age- 17

Power- Her skin is hot to the touch and she can manipulate fire but not create it unless she is totally focused. Her enhanced sense is that she can feel people around her to the extent of feeling people around her using her body's magnetic waves. She has insomnia, so she's a great lookout

HYWPPH- You will think of her as mean and refined probably.

Appearance-
Attachments
imagesCAURL3XU.jpg
imagesCAURL3XU.jpg (9.87 KiB) Viewed 143 times

49 Reviews

Tue May 10, 2011 10:09 pm
thestorygirl says...

Zalia

I swore as my foot cracked over another freaking branch. I felt someone's weight shift to another foot. All the way through the ground I felt his body tremble slightly, and his uneven heartbeat. Shit, he heard me, I thought.

Probably overdramatic, I stepped out of the trees. I laughed at his expression, he must have been expecting the Mortals. I hated the new name of those weird creatures, but it was what the Government had decided.

I giggled. The tents where gone, the fire snuffed out, and the boy was clearly alone. "Late riser?," I asked through giggles. He nodded and opened his mouth, "Who are you?", then laughed for a reason I can't think of. "I'm Zalia Grey, from the government. I had to come 'cause apparently your group hasn't gotten anything done in the past few weeks."

I felt the energy change. The Mortals were coming. Now.

I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung