z

Young Writers Society

Scattered: Hero High *Permission Only* (Started|FULL)

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:15 am
Warrior Princess says...

"Me? Oh, my--my name's Meleah," I said, remembering at the last second to smile. "Meleah Rae." Only five minutes at Hero High and I'd already met someone--even if I did have to make a fool of myself in order to do so. "My predominate power is flight, but I also have some enhanced strength and speed. I guess you have the power to heal? Or maybe that's not your only power; I mean, I know some people have two or three different powers like me. It's just, I inherited them from my parents so I'm kind of a hybrid, not many people have three like I do."

I had to stop for breath. Too late I realized how awkward I must have sounded. He was already grinning at me, hands resting lazily in his pockets. No doubt he found my lack of social skills amusing. But that wasn't really his fault. Everyone did. And he actually seemed like a pretty nice guy. Certainly cute. But the cute guys never seemed to notice me much, so I didn't spend much time on that thought. I straightened my shoulders and brushed a lock of dark hair from my face, in an attempt to regain some dignity. "But, yeah. . . . thanks for healing me. I really appreciate it." I smiled again, but this time it was genuine.
You must be swift as the coursing river,
With all the force of a great typhoon,
With all the strength of a raging fire,
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Kaywiia says...

Ash Runner

When I turned to see my friend Maybelle behind me, I gave her a hug and then looked around frantically. "So, where is he?" I raised an eyebrow, "Your Mr. Knight In Shining Armor I have heard so much about." That is cheating on you.

"Out sick today." Maybelle pouted. Out with another girl.

"Oh, I'm sorry." As I spoke, the bell for five minute warning rang. Maybelle and I extanged a goodbye glance and another hug, and then both walked off towards our respective classes. My first class of the day was Famous Villans of the World: A History. It was also called Vistory, more by the students than the teachers.

What I didn't understand is why, if they wanted us to fight crime, where they teaching us about villans and their tactics? In my opinion that was just opening up doors for a bad situation. Were they trying to raise villans here?

Breaking my train of thought, behind me, I saw some newbies rushing towards the auditoruim. Not missing a chance to have some fun, I turned invisible.

I did this at the start of almost every year, or any time I needed a good laugh. I just turned invisible, and then someone would inevitibly run into me, and have the most confused look on their face. It was quite amusing, unless it was a friend of mine, then it was hysterical.

After a minute, someone came around the corner and ran right into me.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm
eldEr says...

Casper | Lost in the hallways

If I was the swearing type, that's what I would be doing right now-- and they'd be coming a mile a minute. Anybody who knew me knew one thing: How much I absolutely despised being late. Which I was, judging by the clock. The only reason I was late was because I had gotten myself completely lost.

Man, I'm a loser.

"Oh for the love of God," I muttered to myself, nervously tapping the strap of my backpack. "It would help if I knew what class I had first huh?" Oh, and now I was talking to myself. Not that that was a bad thing, but as far as I can tell, I wasn't the kind of blabber-to-yourself-non-stop kind of guy.

Okay, it can't be that hard. Pick a direction and find a schedule. Can't be all that difficult. Well, apparently it was that difficult. The corner I turned had no bulletin board, no schedule hanging on the wall, no locker door that just so happened to belong to somebody who had the same day as I did. There were an awful lot of closed lockers, but I wasn't going to risk snooping. Too... villainy.

I groaned. Why didn't I just go to the office right away? They'd be able to help out, wouldn't they? Oh right. Because I couldn't find the office.

Yup, definitely a loser. Who gets lost in a school for crying out loud?

Silvia Young | The girl's washroom

I would have been splashing water onto my face to help me calm down, but at this point, water on my face would just make me panic. The urge to rip somebody's earlobes off was getting rather strong-- and I swear it on my life that it's not that weird. I blame the earrings. They're shiny, they bugged my eyes and they are the most pointless pieces of jewelry ever invented. Lip rings and tongue rings on the other hand... I might get one of those myself.

Or, I would have a long time ago if I hadn't been afraid it would ruin my nice girl act. Speaking of which, that was exactly why I was in the bathroom in the first place. Escaping the giggles, glaring at myself in my mirror, trying to think of a decent excuse for being late for class. One that would seem innocent enough.

I could say a number of things, but all of them would mean a life-time of embarrassment. If girls giggling with me wasn't enough, then girls and boys laughing at me would probably ruin a few lives. Not mine, mind you. Probably theirs.

"They. Are. Idiots!" I told my reflection. "I don't care about which hot guy winked at them last Friday at the mall or the movies."

This was stupid. What if there were cameras in the bathrooms?

Okay, ew. Never mind that. But there could be somebody in the bathrooms.

I glanced over my shoulder, eyes narrowed at the stalls. Nobody, thank the lord. I sighed, rested my face in my hands and continued thinking up other excuses. Not for being late, but for missing my whole first class. I was going to spend a while in here-- or lurking around other various places in the school.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:10 pm
Theodorable says...

Riley- On the way to the auditorium

Riley was still confused about this place, the fact that they placed her as a sidekick was baffling alone. But still, they knew best. Her mother had been so concerned for her, saying that Riley never went out anymore, but in truth Riley had never gone out anywhere. She'd never had any friends to speak of, and the fact that she burned so easily from the sun didn't help matters.

Riley turned up her music to scatter her thoughts, they were leading to a dark place again. She lost herself in the rhythm of it and started dancing her way to the auditorium, but when she turned around a corner she bumped into-nothing.

Riley straightened, took out her head[hones, and stared at the space. There was nothing there, but surely Riley had bumped into something. She thought for a minute, she knew there were people who make their self invisible.She spoke hesitantly, "He-hello?"
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:29 pm
Winchester says...

I could still smell the dye in my hair, I did this every year, I would dye my hair black so I didn't have to walk round as a blonde cat, becuase how many blonde cats do you see?

I also knew for a fact that teachers hated me, One; Becuase I can turn into animala during class, Two; I am partly telepathic so If I can find out what animal they hate... Three; They know i'm a rebel, they knowI am not afraad to do ANY of the above.

I really could not be bothered to welcome newbies, so I walked straight to class,but I would have to warn any firls that get close to Charles without getting myself killed.

Urgh.

Everytime he saw me he would give me some kind of cold warning look, and I would just glare back at him.

I walked down to maths,most boring lesson ever...what has it even got to do about superheros?
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

42 Reviews

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:29 pm
Kaywiia says...

Ash Runner

She hesitated, "He-hello?" I wanted to play the game a little longer. I waited to see what she would do, so I moved over to the side as she waved her hand in front of her, feeling nothing but air. "Who's there?"

I walked behind her, and put my head right next to hers from over her shoulder. Suddenly, I turned visible, and whispered, "Your conscience." The girl looked like she wanted to scream. I burst out laughing, and shook my head. She looked at me with big eyes, then straightened up and regained posture.

"What was that for?" She demanded.

"Personal enjoyment," I explained, "and a couple of laughs." She narrowed her eyes, and started to walk away. I took a couple steps towards her. I felt bad now, she hadn't taken the joke ligke I thought she would. I couln't have her hating me, I couldn't. I put on my best smile, my most apologetic.

I put my hand on her shoulders, and turned her around. "Lighten up a little, come on. This is high school, have a little fun. I'm Ashley Runner. The friends," not you, yet, "call me Ash." I stuck out my hand, and she shook it.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:48 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Kyle- Walking

Kyle observed the girl carefully. According to her she had a nice power. Better than his at any rate. Her power was better suited for a hero, while his were nothing but powers for support. It annoyed him a little that this girl had more power than him, but he doubted she could implement her powers appropriately to be of any use. He of course did not let any of these thoughts show on his face instead he allowed his face fall into a mask of amusement, which in truth wasn’t very hard there was something about her that he liked. Her lack of social grace intrigued him as he had never liked those self-absorbed types that thought they were something because they had powers.

“Healing is only a part of my power. I guess you can say I have a variation of the same ability to make shields. The yellow one heals and I have two others for offense and defensive purposes.” He decided not to elaborate further as his father always warned that a hero’s greatest secret was their powers. It was foolish to reveal the exact nature of any power unless in direct combat. “How about I walk you to your class to make you do not sustain further injury and then I must head to the auditorium for the orientation. I’m a transfer and apparently it is mandatory, but I suppose I can be a tad late so I can see you safely to your class.” He smiled.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

78 Reviews

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:18 pm
Theodorable says...

Riley Cooper

“-Call me Ash.” She held out her hand and Riley grabbed it. Now that Riley could see who it was that she bumped into, she took a long look. Ash was very thin, and her crimson hair set off her white shirt. She had a firm grip and Riley let herself into Ash’s memory.

She could see that Ash’s parents were normal, the football field at her old school and Ash cheering. There was nothing unusual about Ash, so Riley knew she could trust her, she hadn’t broken the rule of not using her powers- technically. She had just invaded Ash’s memories, she hadn’t altered them at all, and he hadn’t taken possession, yet.

Ash jerked a little, Riley looked into her eyes and receded. “What was that?”

“I just looked through some of your memories. Just a little pay back for the joke, and don’t worry. I didn’t alter anything while I was in there.” Riley almost smiled, but she refused to smile about something so inconsequential. She dropped Ash's hand and started walking away, putting her headphones back in her ears.

180 Reviews

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:44 pm
Warrior Princess says...

Meleah- Walking

When Kyle offered to walk me to my first class, the voice in my head immediately began chanting, Don't screw this up. Don't screw this up. Don't screw this up. Of course I would screw it up eventually--that was just my nature--but perhaps I could avoid seeming like a total geek for a few minutes at least. He was already walking, so I quickened my pace and fell in step beside him. Funny how someone with super-speed could be so slow on the up-take. "Oh . . . you're a transfer?" I asked hesitantly. "Me too. I guess we could . . . well, like . . . go to the auditorium together?" I winced at the word. Next thing you know, he'll think I'm a creeper.

But he seemed unfazed by it. "Okay," he said. "Come on, it's this way."

We walked in silence for a minute or two. Eventually I took it upon myself to do that which I dreaded most--make conversation. "So, shields," I said. "Energy shields, that is. That's a pretty cool power. Like, you could use them to fight and stuff? Or block things. And obviously being able to heal people is great, that way you could save a lot of lives, you know? That's the main reason I want to be a superhero. Well, I mean, I don't want to be a superhero, but if the cape fits . . ." Oh gosh, horrible joke. I choked out a laugh and was relieved to see that he was still smiling, rather than staring blankly at me as most people would've done. "But anyway, the main reason I want to be a superhero is to help people. There's so much crime and everything, innocent people get hurt every day, and I want to do something about it. I don't really like to fight--I hate it, actually--but if I have something, or someone, to fight for. . . . I think I could do it. I think I could be a--a--a hero." I blushed and looked down at my methodically moving feet. "What about you? You'll be a hero, right? You know, like, as opposed to a sidekick?"

When I saw his expression, I wished I could take the words back, but by then it was too late.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:04 pm
liquiddeath says...

Jennifer
(Sorry I didn’t post, was busy with exams and stuff. Didn’t write much but it’s a start.)
Jennifer reluctantly made her way towards the auditorium, she saw many people taking the same path she did and it made her feel uneasy. She slapped on her headphones and put on her favorite Skillet song, Monster. She started to mouth the words as she walked.
“Skillet fan?” A guy behind her asked.
She pretended that she didn’t hear him and raised the volume.
“Bitch.” He said in a low voice.
She took off her headphones and gave him a stare.
“Care to repeat?” She said in a deadly tone.
“Ah, n..nothing, sorry.” He managed.
“Yeah, that’s what I thought.”
She put her headphones back on and started to sing.
“I,I feel like a monster!”
The guy stared at her.
"Crazy person.." he said, extra low just in-case.
There is no good and evil, there's just perspective

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:54 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Kyle~

The conversation had been going fairly well until she brought up Sidekicks. He could feel his face tighten in annoyance. “Unlike you I was not graced with active powers. Sure I can help people, big woop. All I am good for is support. Maybe I can hold your purse while you’re off saving the day,” he said adding acid to every word. He saw her face and closed his eyes.

“I’m sorry, that was very rude of me. It is just a sore spot for me.” He felt his face flush out of embarrassment he suspected he looked like a tomato at the moment. “Let’s talk about something else okay? They were almost the auditorium and he suspected since she was the only one he had met so far that he would sit next to her. The auditorium was already packed with students. He looked around for some empty seats.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:59 am
LookUpThere says...

Have to pull out. It'll be really hard for me to get anything done right now, sorry.

180 Reviews

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:04 pm
Warrior Princess says...

Meleah | Walking to the auditorium

So I had made him angry. I could've kicked myself. But at least he handled it well. After all, it wasn't his fault; it was mine. I couldn't believe my own stupidity; I should've remembered that not everyone endowed with superhuman abilities was granted the title of hero. At least half of them were just thrown in the sidekick pile without much of a chance to prove otherwise. Why? I wondered. What made the difference between a sidekick and a hero? Just the extent of your powers? What about character? What about motivation? What about--

"We can sit over there," Kyle said, interrupting my thoughts. We were now entering the auditorium, which was already teeming with other kids. A few heads turned as we walked in. I hoped they were looking at Kyle and not me. At least, as far as the girls were concerned. One brunette with pouty pink lips looked me up and down, then smirked and whispered something to the girl next to her. I wrapped my arms around myself and followed Kyle to the seats he had suggested, near the back. Nobody was on the stage yet. I wondered what we were here for. Probably for a nice, long lecture about the importance of proper education for a superhero and whatnot. I wasn't looking forward to it, as I had heard the same spiel countless times from my own parents. That gave me an idea for restarting our conversation.

"What about your parents?" I asked him as we sat down. "Are either of them . . . superheroes?"

42 Reviews

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:10 pm
Kaywiia says...

I'm sorry but could someone bring Ash in?

78 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:39 am
Theodorable says...

Kaywiia, just continue with Riley. She's messing with your head, trying to see how you'll react.

Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack