z

Young Writers Society

Lucky Thirteen (Started)

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:53 pm
Mazzi says...

(I am very sorry that I have not been posting. My internet has been down for the last two weeks! I would like to thank everyone that carried my part on with theres and appointed me leader of leaders? Where did that start?)

Damien - Leader Mage

I was sharing my tent with Ashrae. She was wasn't very talkative, she must of been untwined in her own thoughts. I threw away the temptation of reading her mind. I just sat and had my own thoughts, I heard that Upala was sharing with the sacrifice. Or Blake, I didn't want to dis-respect Blake in anyway by calling her a sacrifice, even though that was her fate to be. I just hope Upala doesn't crack under Blake, she can be very intimidating. But Upala is strong-minded and very brave. I remember casting the spell that finds out the potential of someone. It was very successful and that Upala has a lot more potential than just water and air magic. But one thing I have forbidden her from is shadow magic. I don't want to affect her learning in any way but shadow magic is, dark, it has its own control over who-ever uses it. It can turn the nicest of people evil and sinister.

I walked out of the tent with Ashrae to my patrol duty, only saying "It's time for patrol" to her while in the tent together. I wish I said more, I want to get to know my fellow the protectibus.
Last edited by Mazzi on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:47 pm
Calligraphy says...

Blake Savage

I glared at Upala. She glanced at me. She seemed very unsure of herself. Like she wasn't sure if she talked to me I would blow up. We sat in silence for a few minutes. I wondered if she was someone I could trust, well someone I could trust for a while. She wasn't any different than the others she was helping to kill me. I sighed, she looked over at me again, but didn't say anything.

Maybe I could get her to change her mind if I didn't act so hard. I hated lowering myself to that. But, it had to be done if I was ever going to get out of this. I rubbed the stone I got from the old woman, took a breath, and said "You know you don't have to walk on glass around me. I don't blow up on everyone."

Just to let everyone know, I want Blake to try to escape I know she has to be captured again, but wouldn't you want to escape? Anyway I only think it is realistic. I don't want to say more because I am not sure how Upala would react.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:44 pm
View Likes
Skull3670 says...

Mikael

I lay quietly in my tent eyes closed, feeling my honed sense's shutting off. Finally the sweet release of took. Except this night like so many others would not remain undisturbed. Once again i was haunted by the little blonde boy with his big brown eyes. Something pulled my from my sleep and instantly alert i sat up knife in hand, blade stopped short of a throat.
"What are you doing in my tent?" I asked staring coldly at the shadowy shape, hazy in the moonlight.
"You were crying out for..." they tailed off as i put my blade away.

*Anyone can drop in*
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:02 pm
aweqs says...

Spoiler! :
Mazzi we arent sharing a tent :)
You are sharing with Ashrae because you're on patrol together, and I am sharing with Blake :)
If anyone else is confused, I have explained a bit in the DT,
feel free to PM me if I have confused people ;/ :)

Upala | Tent with Blake

It was silent in the cramped tent, apart from out soft breathing. I was lying with my back to Blake, with my face squished into the tent material; I was in that vulnerable state of mind when you're half-asleep.

I felt a rustle behind me, and a determined prodding on my shoulder. I sat up quickly, suprised by the sudden dig into my skin.
Blake, sat cross-legged infront of me, one eyebrow raised, expecting an answer to a question I couldn't of heard.

"Sorry, I am deaf," I said bluntly. Blake's mouth openened a little, then closed.

"Oh," she siad, then started to turn back into a sleeping position.

"But I can lip read pretty well!" I said hurriedly, desperate not to lose this slight ounce of friendliness from the sour princess.

"What did you say before?" I asked her.

"Umm..." she started, biting her lip, " I said 'You know you don't have to walk on glass around me. I don't blow up on everyone.'

I laughed and smiled at her.

"Okay," I replied, "Though I understood why you would, or atleast, to us."

"To you?" she said.

"Well, we are... you know," I started, before Blake interuppted me.

"Leading me to my death? Protecting me from the inevitable, just so I can be killed your way?" I was taken aback. Blake had seemed calm a second ago, now she was shooting accusuations at me like I was the one who had thought of the whole idea. Her hostile face fumed at me, piercing my thoughts with her angry,exasperated stick.

"Um... I dont know what to say," I squeaked. The air in the small tent was thick with the intense fury of Blake.
However, it started to fade away, and Blake rubbed her fists into her eyes, then leaned back onto her pillows.

"You don't need to say anything," she sighed," Its not like you can do anything about it. Its for 'the greater good'
The latter part of that sentence was mimicked in a deep voice- I assume her fathers, The King.

Suddenly, she sat up, her eyes wide with revelation and ... hope?

"What?" I asked, intruiged by her adbrupt change of mood.

"Or maybe you can help me..." she said slyly, her eyes narrowing mischeiviously. I knew then I was part of a plan which belonged to the doomed princess.

Walter | Grudan

I can move swiftly in the shadows. Well, thats an understatement. I glide through the darkness so rapidly, that anyone-anything would not even feel a shiver of being watched, until I was upon them, killing them cruelly.
The shadows almost wrap themselves around me, enfold me until I am invisible in the night. They soften any sounds I make; crunching of leaves, my breath...

As I slid throught the forest, any creature scarpered away before I passed. Whether they were scared of the mass of shadow I travel in, or can just sense evil, I do not know, but the woods are always empty and silent for me.

I was coming upto Grudan now- a small, derelict town full of murderers and general bad-assness. It was badly effected by The War, losing any customers that may pass by because of its brutality and cruelty during the conflict.

I, for one, love the place, and is the perfect place to gather my warriors. I chuckle fiendishly at the that thought, and speed up, anticipating my visit to the graveyard...

Sounds of murderers muttering and old drunks drooling wafted out of The Malicious Fiend, Grudan's only up-and-running pub. The place was like a black hole; it sucked in all the bad guys and prostitutes. So basically just the scum of society, if I be so blunt.

I could smell the intense smoke, urine and vomit smell from the end of the desolate street. The black paintwork was shabby and peeling; the sign was dangling precariously with several gunshot-holes through it. The whole place screamed neglect- in fact the whole of Grudan did.

I passed by it briskly; now wasn't the time for a tasteless pint, or expensive female company.

The graveyard was at the end of the road, full of crumbling gravestones and overgrown vegetation. The church was beyond repair.
The echoes of The Malicious Fiend were faint in the background- a quiet rumbling coated by the silence of the churchyard.

I ducked under the deteriorating fence, and went to stand by The War memorial; Grudan's wasn't the largest, but it was big enough. Plus, I didn't need quantity, just quality...
When I say quality, I mean the most wicked, malevolent warriors of all time. I expect you have an idea of why I was there now.

I stood perfectly still, with my eyes closed. The cool night air wafted around me. All my senses were heightened ; hearing, smell, taste...

There it was. The quiet rustling I had been waiting for. The small mouse scuttled to my feet, unexpecting and ignorant.
In a flash, I snatched it up and squeezed it in my rough hands. Its small eyes squeezed out as my thumbs pressed ferociously into in stomach and chest. I heard it bones crack, and the tiny creatures terminal breath.

I was ready.

/Isha:/= To be honest, we are talking about mostly nothing which in its own essence is something. But somethingness can't be nothing if there isn't nothing in the first place. So really, we're talking about meaningly somethingness that's technically caused by nothingness.

The Smiley Spammer

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:09 pm
Calligraphy says...

Sorry, I forgot to post last night,

Blake Savage

I looked intently at Upala. "Or maybe you can help me?" I wondered if she was truly falling for me believing that me dieing could bring hope. She opened her mouth in reply must to be interrupted by a Knight stepping in. I hadn't taken the times to learn their names.

"You guys are the next watch, and Upala take care that the... uh.. Blake doesn't try anything. I scowled, bastard. He barley knew my name or maybe he hesitated because he was gonna call me the sacrifice and he knew I would kill him if he did. At the time I didn't think that I didn't no his name either.

I stood up and slipped out of the tent without giving him a look. Upala followed me and soon we were sitting on a huge rock at the edge of camp. Every few minutes Upula or me would stand up so we could look to all the other sides. I thought I saw something in the distance, but I didn't say anything. Why should I care if someone was prowling around. It wouldn't make a difference to me I would die either way. Though my father never let me near a weapon or trainer in my life I could still bite and kick pretty hard, but I had to admit to myself I was no match for any sort of fighter that had a weeks of training. I looked at the green ball of flame that flickered above Upala's hand slowly pulsing. I wondered if I should tell her my plan or keep it a secret. She had been silent since the tent and I had to assume she was going to wait for me to speak. Well, now was as good a time as ever,

"Could you teach me that? I mean I always thought magic was interesting and you can't get me to the killing spot if you are always worried about me being killed." I rushed forward, "It would only be for self defense I mean I wouldn't try to escape or something, well, I would try, but I know I can't escape so that is why I wouldn't even think about-" The blue light went out as she raised her hand. I sopped my babbling abruptly. I waited for what seemed like ages while she searched my face. I could tell she was trying to look for a sign. A sign I wouldn't betray her. 'Stupid, stupid, stupid' I repeated in my head over and over again. Surely should tell that I was lieing. I had rushed forward too quickly. That wasn't how I normally talked.

"some"

I my mouth was gaping open and she smiled. Then her look became stern almost a glare, "no one else"

"I won't tell a single soul." She took my palm and stared at it.

"I've never done this before." I didn't say anything. Her hands were smooth yet hard. Like she had worked much.

"Fire." she whispered so quietly I could barley hear it. Then I think she said,

"bad, very bad." but, I can't be certain. She dropped my hand. She tapped her head. I got the message she had to think and I turned away. A million thoughts were rushing through my head. Think? Had I lost my only chance of escape? Would I be dead in three weeks?

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 pm
aweqs says...

Upala | On Patrol

I walked off- both sides of the camp needed to be guarded. Whoever had suddenly put me and Blake on patrol hadn't really given me a chance to say no.
The air wasn't too cold, and the sky was clear; I could see every star. I was feeling oretty sure that we would be safe for tonight, so I started to practice some lunar magic. It was draining, and to be honest I wasn't very good at it-yet.
However, I knew that once a mage had mastered it, it was undeniably helpful throughout life and in battle.

Closing my eyes, I felt my fingertips tingle and knew they would be pulsing in white light. Feeling the cool, fresh magic course through my veins and up my arms. It slid across my shoulders, massaging them. I imagine my blood turning a pure, silvery-white, and shining through my skin; my whole upper body must of been glowing now. My whole body was tingling and cool, but not uncomfortably.
Finally, I began to levitate. I strained to keep myself in the air, clenching my teeth and hands. I needed to master this; I was determined to. But it was so hard!
I felt my power ebbing out of me with each sceond in the air. My feet touched the floor. I let go.
Immediatley, I was dull again, not the dazzling floating angel of before. I was happy though. I had stretched myself, and next time I could fill that extension in my power, and stretch it some more, until I was actually flying!
Imagine that!
I had never wanted something as bad as this, and when I was determined to achieve something, I usually persevered until I got it.
I wanted to stretch my abilities from just water and air magic, to water, air and lunar magic. And I knew I had it inside me; Damien had sensed it the first day we met.
He had done a spell which senses the potential in someone- a spell I had just done on Blake.

And I had sensed Fire, and a hint of Shadow magic. Two magics which I know next to nothing about- the two most dangerous magics. This was bad. Very bad.

Fire magic was used regulary amongst mages, and was the opposite to Water magic (obviously). Shadow magic, on the other hand, was rare, and looked down upon- Jedra Postade, arguably the most evil mage ever- had used it.

With this in mind, I walked back to Blake, and we were on guard until morning.

The group walked across the hills; we were aiming to reach the next town of Kruckon by nightfall. The morning was sunny, but crisp. The dew glittered across the grass. Me and Blake walked slowly behind the group, just out of earshot.

I had decided to teach her air magic, which she would struggle with, but atleast I knew what to teach her.
Besides, I only wanted to teach her a little, just enough to make sure she'd be okay in any battles.

Plus, she seemed to be coming around a bit, beginning to trust me. I was glad of this- it made me more confident she wouldn't put up to much of a fight about this whole ordeal.
How ironic.
I had been trying to stay unattached from the sacrifice, and now I was tutoring her!

Its for safety reasons, I told myself, just to keep Blake alive until the sacrifice.

Although I knew it wasn't true.

/Isha:/= To be honest, we are talking about mostly nothing which in its own essence is something. But somethingness can't be nothing if there isn't nothing in the first place. So really, we're talking about meaningly somethingness that's technically caused by nothingness.

The Smiley Spammer

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:33 am
Sassafras says...

Octavian- Archer- We're going to have a bit of a time lapse here, everyone is just waking up, except Blake and Upala who are just checking in from duty.

The sunlight poured through the slit in the tent's closing, shining directly onto my face and jousting me from a particulary good sleep. I could hear the others already outside and moving about, this was expected, I was always one to sleep in a bit. Yawning and stretching, I casually walked out of the tent, mumbling words of dreams that were quickly fading away.

"Morning, Octavion." I grunted a quick "morning" to whoever spoke to me. Sounded like Mikael, I wasn't sure considering he doesn't talk very much, not around me anyway. Everyone was gathered around a small fire, cooking up breakfast caveman style on some sticks and small metal plans. The smell of sasuages and eggs mingled with the scents of the forest, creating a delightful smell that made my mouth water. I quickly took a seat between Damien and Primula and grabbed a sasuage...stick...thing.

"Status report?" I giggled at how serious I made myself sound before running a hand through my hair and smiling. "Anything interesting happen while I was off in dream land?"
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

Democracy! Bah! When I hear that word I reach for my feather Boa!
— Allen Ginsburg