z

Young Writers Society

Children of the Winged Generation *Started/not accepting*

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:49 am
eldEr says...

I so call a spot for a guy/girl sister/brother combo 8)

I'll get my profile up soon... hopefully xD
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:18 am
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, I really give up on trying to keep the powers different. Really, and we need more guys! No more girls, I'm no longer accepting girls. Everyone wants to be a girl. Get a sex change someone!! **allmixedup's words**
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:06 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Can I have a male mind freak? Pretty please? If so, I'll post the profile later tonight.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:19 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Why can't everybody have different powers? and why is it everyone refuses to read the other profiles? Excuse me, I'm being emotional today, but seriously! Ugh, why not? Just...sure.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

78 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:07 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Well...sorry? I don't really know what to say besides I did read all of the posts and I'm sorry that I upset you with whatever I did.

Name: Milo Fitz

Age (16-18 please, but if you ask nicely, I'll let you have younger or older): 16

Appearance and Wings: (Most people are saying no emo pictures, and sorry, I'm going to say the same thing, though Anime is allowed) http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Fallen%20ANgel&order=9&offset=24#/d1n87tk Imagine him with no eyebrow piercing, no highlights, hair a bit longer, and blue eyes. Also think about the wings being black and real. xD

Personality: He likes to keep himself, but is very protective of the friends he makes. He tries not to draw attention to himself, so nothing bad happens to him. Even though he likes to think of his acquaintinces as friends since he's known them for so long, he isn't sure that they trust him. He doesn't trust them or anybody else for that matter. He tries to learn how to trust them, but isn't sure how since his life is always in danger.

Up for love?: Of course.

Powers: Mind freak

Secret (Everyone has one): He's ashamed of his black wings. He thinks that they should be white and clean looking. Also, before he was taken away from his parents, his father carved a cross into one of his wrists. Milo doens't know what it's supposed mean and he is ashamed of the scars and tries to hide them.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:23 am
ForsakenAngel says...

forsakinshadow wrote: Excuse me, I'm being emotional today...

Sorry, I have no clue what's wrong with me, but I'm having mood swings. The profile is fine.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

78 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:44 am
pinkangel54123 says...

So when are we starting?
Want a heavenly review?

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:47 am
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, well I think now would be a perfect time to start...I'll post soon, don't worry!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:09 am
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

As promised, we shall begin!

~Katrina~

The wires were kind of annoying, and the constant beeping of the machines wasn't helping. I hated test days like today, because they didn't test us separately in different rooms, they tested us all in one huge area. At the moment, the had wires attached to me, I was walking on a tread machine, and they were monitoring my heartbeat, scanning my brain, wings, and body. This was really no fun, but at least I knew what was happening with the others as well. I loved to watch over them like I was their mother, though I knew I wasn't. I loved them all because they were my family, and they are what kept me from running away in here in the middle of the night. I was afraid they would hurt them.

My thoughts were miles away so I didn't hear when they started the questions.

"Katrina? Did you hear me?" the lady asked with a little annoyance. Obviously it wasn't the first time she'd asked.

"Sorry," I muttered, looking down. I couldn't wait for this to be over with, because I'd been walking for maybe an hour. My legs were going to be soar tomorrow, I just knew it. I did my best to answer all of the questions truthfully, but most of them were just so annoying, I'd answered these questions all the other times I'd come in here, and we came in every other day.

"How do you feel?" she asked. I looked up at her. We used to have the power to say stop any time we wanted to, but that only made it worse. Of course we would stop, but we would have to make it all up the next time we came here, do twice as much work and another four hours of walking. Now that these military people came in, we couldn't do any of that, and our walking time was doubled if we fought against it for each time we came in. There were others who had to do that, but I wasn't one of them, though I would if it meant I could watch over them longer. Though there were other things we needed to do than walk, and since we only got 5 hours of sleep each night before we would have to get up and start this all over again, training, fighting, testing, barely eating anything throughout the day.

It felt good when they stopped us all hours later for the shots. This was the worst part. It hurt really bad, and left huge bruises on our arms, but so did half the things they did to us. I knew not to look at it, but I couldn't help but watch as they stuck the huge needle into my vein and then squeeze the blue liquid in. I didn't know what it was for, but the injected it into five different places in our bodies. Each of our arms, our legs, each of our wings, our neck, and our legs. I had no clue what it was for, and it didn't seem to have any affect on us, but who knew. Once a month, they put us out for a week to pump it through our bodies. The thought made me shudder, but I regained myself before they jabbed it into the side of my neck.

After they were done with that, they made the "men in white" as we liked to call them, take us to our rooms, or cell. They looked like rooms, but they were all white, and the windows were barred over. Of course there was a touch of black in the patters that were on the ceiling and down the walls, but that was the only thing. Even our clothes were white for girls, and black for the guys. It sucked, because we often heard that normal people got to wear colorful things. We really only got to see those two colors unless it was in the shots they gave us, or the food they made us eat, or what they called food. Other than that, everything else was something you could bear, something you didn't bother with complaining about.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:24 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cree

I hissed as something tightened in my lower arm. "Jeez, lay off the pain a little, will ya?" I mumbled, and then I was used to it. I had an advantage there- pain didn't get to me for very long, in small doses. Kat was patiently getting tested on the next table, wings barely stirring. I didn't know how she did it.

When I was being tested, I couldn't do that, like Kat did. My wings would shift, feet jiggle, fingers drum. I couldn't stand still, for any amount of time. Right now, little ovals of red invaded my peripherals- my feathers. I laughed softly at that. Who else but us could say "my feathers?"

One of the doctors sighed. "Cree, we can't get this done with your wings moving around. How do you feel?"

"Sorry. Little tight in the arms, right... there, but fine otherwise." I said, gazing out the window. I always thought it was cruel how they had a whole wall of windows right there, but we were only allowed to go out after the Blue, as I called it. But that view... it was irresistible.

I made a face and turned my head to face straight up again. At least the ceiling didn't want to make me run through two inches of glass, just to fly. Plain old speckled gray panels, dotted with fluorescent rectangles.

Home, sweet home.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

78 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:58 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Milo

Milo grimaced in pain as they stuck a long needle into his neck. He didn't want to twitch and have it drive deeper than it was supposed to. Milo was better at the running portion of test days. He didn't mind all of the wires and things. But when they had him lie down on the cold, metallic table, he was filled with dread. He'd always been afraid of the needles, but lately he was getting used to it. He looked over to the tables next to him and was suddenly filled with envy.

Cree was laying next to him, fidgeting as they poked and prodded her. Milo was filled with disgust at himself. Why couldn't his wings be such a beautiful crimson color like hers, or the pure white of Kat's? He took a deep breath to calm himself. There was nothing he could do about it; he'd heard of hair dye, but wing dye? The thought was rediculous.

Milo thought that maybe wing color represented what kind of person you were. Cree was as bold as the red of her wings, and Kat was as sweet and pure as the undiluted white of her's. Did that mean that Milo was a bad person because his were pitch black? He certainley hoped not.

A warm tear rolled down his cheek, and his wing twitched. He'd been about to wipe it off with his soft feathers, but it was caught in the hands of one of them. The tear grew cold and slid down his face and onto the exam table.

"Are you alright, Milo?" He hated when they asked that question.

"I'm okay," he said. "I just wasn't expecting that last shot." He wished that he didn't have to lie every time.
Want a heavenly review?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:07 pm
RayneChild says...

Andy

I sat on my bed, playing idly with Safari's ears. I twisted my finger around the wire-esque whiskers that hung loosely from his muzzle.

"Any time now, right Safari?" The tiger stared at me with icy, plastic eyes. "I think they're late today." I looked up at the door. "Wouldn't know, of course, since they refuse to give me a clock!" Every word that left my mouth was louder and more hostile than the last.

Suddenly, the door opened, and the man who always came and got me for my tests, Eugene, took a couple steps inside. "Why should we?" He asked me. My amber eyes glared up at him. "Not like you'll need to know what time it is, for anything. You won't be going anywhere."

I set Safari down gently and stood up, still glaring at the man in the doorway. The floor was cold against my bare feet. Eugene looked down at them.

"Why do you insist on going around without anything on your feet?"

I looked at him innocently. "I'm just a creature, remember?" Rarely did he call me anything but 'boy' or 'creature'.

He held me tightly by the wrist and I stumbled along carelessly behind him, trying my best to make things difficult for him. Though I messed with him in my room and all the way to the testing room, never did I mess with anyone inside the test room. Making life hard for the workers here, just as they did for us, was what I lived for, but the last thing I wanted was my testing time doubled.

Eugene pushed me into the room. I stumbled in clumsily and looked around. Three of my fellow peers were already being tested on. Seeing this happen to them make me sick. We were all good people, no matter how we came off, and none of us deserved to have to go through this. Eugene shoved me roughly on a treadmill and I flashed him a death glare.

"Must we go through this every time, boy?" He put a crude emphasis on the word 'boy', knowing how much I hated it.

It was remarkable: I had learned his name the very first day he began bringing me to the tests, but it seemed as though he had yet to learn mine. While I thought about this, I was unaware that I was studying Eugene. As my senses returned to me, I noticed a strange - almost fearful - expression on his face, as though he thought that, by the look on my face, I was concocting an evil plot to viciously murder him. Not a bad idea, actually.

"He's all yours," Eugene said to the doctors. I could hear the tremble in his voice, and he walked swiftly out.

I smiled devilishly after him. "Let's get this over with, doc," I said to one of the doctors as he approached me.

He gave me a disapproving look. "Indeed," he replied.

---

**Okay, no more powers :oops: Sorry about that ^^;
Last edited by RayneChild on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

78 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:42 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

***I thought that the doctors didn't know about the powers and that the rooms were resistant to it anyway... Is that right?***
Want a heavenly review?

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:45 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

**Yes, that is right, and we are just getting used to the powers.**
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:47 pm
RayneChild says...

Oh, really? I missed that xD Sorry, I'll change my post
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore