z

Young Writers Society

House of Murder

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:29 am
MathisSiddel says...

Scazz
I was walking up to the bathroom I had seen Ash go into. Zack had seen me running through the hall and had followed me. We stopped outside the door waiting. He asked what in the heck I was doing. I told him the whole story.

"I was just walking around in the halls when I saw Ash getting hauled into a room by one of the orphanage workers. I went up to the door to listen. He was just asking her a few weird questions. Then I thought of Sara... Was this what happened to her. I knew that you can get up through the ceiling tiles in that room so I started climbing. I was planning on smashing through the ceiling if the guy got rough. Then I snuck over to the room where she was. I was sitting there awhile when I heard a bang on the door. Then some more and more getting louder. He guy went over and I heard a muffled,"Can I help you?". Then I heard Ash dashed out the door tumbling into the guy and ran. I heard him curse under his breath and slam the door. Ash musta made a close mistake! Then I got back down and ran in the direction I had heard them go. I just happened to look down the hall and I saw her and Juliet go in. I guess you saw me and the rest is history."

I turned my head and saw the two girls come out. They looked like they had been crying. I asked,"Hey, you guys alright?"
"Yes. Hey why did you just leave me Scazz?"
I saw a hurt look in her eyes. I told them both the whole story.
███████████████!!Story Booker Here!!███████████████

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:02 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ash~

I was a little hurt at first, then he told me what he did. It made me feel better when I heard his side. We were sitting in mine and Juliet's room. I couldn't stand the cafeteria any more. It made me feel claustrophobic, even though I wasn't. I laid back on my bed. Juliet was next to me, and Zack and Scazz were sitting on her bed in front of us.

I felt exhausted, and I wanted to pass out right there.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:44 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Juliet:

Lightheaded and feeling ill I closed my eyes to rest them. Ash shook me and said "Juliet, wake up." Waving her away I said "No, I'm not sleeping. I'm just resting my eyes." Then someone grabbed my hands wrist with the tatoo and then grabbed my other one.

Pulling me to my feet the slurred voice said "Stand up. It'll keep you awake." Pulling away my hands with no result I said "I'm just resting my eyes. Hey, have you been drinking?" Feeling the confusion in the air and I realized what was happening. I snapped my eyes open only to crumple to the floor and black out.

*Just so you guys know Juliet passed out from the negative excitment, being tired, and not eating hardly anything*
Live, Love, Laugh

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:21 am
MathisSiddel says...

I am slightly confused...

116 Reviews

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:07 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ash~

I held up Juliet while she crumpled to the floor. I felt like joining her. What else was there to do? I was tired and had almost had a heart attach earlier. I instructed Zach to go get a wet rag. I kept my hand on Juliet's hot forehead. My hand would do as the cold rag until Zach got back. When he walked through the door, I looked up. I hadn't noticed Scazz had been watching me. I ignored the butterflies in my stomach, and took the rag.

I wiped the sweat off of Juliet's face. Her eyes opened, looking at my face, then closing again. I folded the rag into a rectangle, leaving it on her forehead. I hoped that she would be OK, though I was sure she would be. She needed to eat, so I left the room to go grab some food from the cafeteria.

No one was in there when I entered. In fact, the room was dimly lit. No one came in here this time a day. I grabbed a small tablecloth, putting bread and bottles of water in it. I snuck into the kitchen, where I knew they kept the really good stuff. I rummaged through the cabinets. I found a bag of Cheetos. Yes! I thought.

Next, I searched the refrigerator. I found Cokes. Jackpot! I put four of them in the makeshift bag, taking out the water. I searched through the cabinets above my head, then climbed on the counter to look above them. Sometimes, they hid things there. The kitchen was off limits, so I had to be silent.

My fingers felt blindly along the dusty tops of the cabinets. My fingers touched something smooth. Glass. It was long, the top of it cylindrical. It was a bottle. I felt past it. There were more. I put them in the bag, knowing it was drinking alcohol.

I stuck with what I had, not wanting to push my luck. I climbed down, slipping down the almost empty halls. To anyone else, the bag would seem like laundry. I opened the door, turning and locking it before turning back to them. I had a smile on my face. This wasn't the first raid I'd done, so they all knew what my smile meant.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:39 am
View Likes
MathisSiddel says...

Scazz

As Ash got back I looked in the bag. Awesome! There were all kinds of goodies. About three minutes ago Juliet had started to wake up. I told Ash the info then opened the bag of chips and started munching. Zack was sitting on the bed just watching. I looked over at him and said in a silly voice,"Dude, you like Ash or something? You have been staring at her for ever... STALKER!"
Ash blushed and looked up at Zack. He looked really pissed at me. "I was just joking man!" Maybe what I had said was more accurate than I had thought. The moment blew over and Juliet started to eat some of the chips.

116 Reviews

Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:29 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ash~

I was happy to see that Juliet was eating again. I still couldn't shake the thought of what Scazz had said. I knew Zach didn't like me...did he? My face finally turned its normal shade again, and I was glad for that. I knew Scazz was the one staring. I looked up at him, our eyes meeting for a moment. I had never realized what color his eyes were. Bright blue. They were so pretty. I blushed again, looking away.

I reached into the bag, grabbing one of the bottles. It was vodka. Just what we needed at this moment. I opened it, taking a swig. It tasted good, and soothed the craving I had. I sat down on the bed, laying back, sighing. I wanted out. Out of the walls that held us back, out of the fences that caged us in like wild animals.

The vodka seemed to sooth it for a moment. But when the bottle was empty, and my head was spinning, the wanting of release came back. The bottle slid from my hands, and I felt cold. My body ached everywhere. I moaned, and tried to open my eyes. I had been drunk before, but that was long ago, before I'd lived here. It was after my parents had died. I was about six, and I was alone.

My body felt heavy, and I couldn't control the feeling of being helpless. I fell asleep like that. Hair in a mess, the smell of vodka on my clothes and breath, my head spinning. I knew the others were drinking it too, but they hadn't downed a whole bottle in little over three minutes.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:50 am
MathisSiddel says...

~Scazz~

I was not going to drink the others were but I was not going to. I had seen what happened to kids that got doing it. I had been here a long time and had seen many things. I just drank a coke and ate chips. That was good enough for me! I smiled. I also had a goal. It was to never drink under-age. I know most kids would just laugh but it would prove I had the guts to say no. Ash was really chugging and I felt bad. We all felt trapped in this place. That was because we were! I knew how she felt and it was sad really. The thing was I in my whole life here had not seen ONE person come looking to adopt. It was strange. But it was just one more fact about life here. You were going to be around for awhile. Sure kids had tried to escape but they had always been brought back beat up and half dead.

~Zack~

I took a bottle and drank a little. I did not want to get in trouble though and was not going to get drunk.
Did Scazz know? Every since I had come here the first day I liked her. I knew she liked Scazz. She made all the usual signs. Blushing, giggling, staring at him with her huge eyes. He was just a snot nosed kid though. My little pal. I did not think that he needed to get all girl crazy yet. He had plenty of teen years to do that! She was beautiful though. Everybody liked her. She liked everybody... Except for me... She was struggling just like all of us. I could really tell that now by watching her chug that drink. I felt sad for her. I wanted to hold her.

116 Reviews

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:30 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ash~

When I woke up, I was curled up in the corner of the room, my stomach churning and flipping. I saw Zach sitting closest to me, Scazz on his other side. I sat up, my head spinning. I leaned against the wall. There was trash and cans everywhere on the floor. This was usual. I would clean this up before the sun came up, carrying it all outside to the fence, and throwing it over.

But now, I simply stared. Juliet was sitting on the bed. I was obviously the only one who had slept--or passed out. They were all deep in conversation. I began to pick up the trash. I had been dizzy many times before from this sort of thing. But never hungover. I stumbled to my feet. I put all the trash onto the tablecloth. I wrapped it up, and threw it over my shoulder.

"Anyone want to get some fresh air with me?" I asked. I saw Zack look at me, then he stood. Maybe Scazz was right. I smiled weakly at him. We walked out the door, and slowly down the dark halls. When we reached the door, there was the guard dog. I pulled one of the dog treats I always kept in my room, out of my pocket. I tossed it to him, and he ate it, curling back up, and going to sleep. This was so normal. I opened the huge heavy door and walked out into the cool night air. It cleared my mind, and cooled my sweaty skin. It felt so good.

I walked over to the northern fence, the fence to the right of the door. There was about seven yards before we meat the fence. I held the bag back, the threw it over the fence. It went far into the trees, making a loud crashing noise. My body froze. I hoped no one heard that. Just in case, I stayed still for a moment. Just when I thought it was clear, the dog inside barked. Someone was coming outside.

I was frantic, not wanting either of us to get caught. I took his hand, pulling him to the back of the orphanage. I pulled him to the ground, and peered around the corner. I turned back to Zach. He was looking at our hands entwined. I hadn't actually realized that I was holding his hand until then. I blushed and pulled him around to the other side of the orphanage as a light flashed around the corner, pushing him against the wall.

As the light hit the corner of the wall once again, I pushed him to the front of the orphanage, letting go of his hand for a second to open the door. Then, I took it again, pulling him in with me. He shut the door silently, and I snuck back up the stairs, pulling him along behind me. We laughed as we entered the room again, flicking the light off so that they wouldn't suspect that we were up. Everyone else was confused, but we continued laughing. Then, I realized that I was still holding Zach's hand. I let it go automatically, blushing in the light of the moon.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:28 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Sorry I haven't posted guys. I was on vacation over the weekend.

Juliet:

When Ash and Zach came in with their hands entwined I gave a little smile and felt my bright green eyes sparkle. She deserved to be happy.

*Sorry it's short. I'm still in the whole relaxing not thinking kind of mood.*
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:34 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ash~

I could tell Juliet was happy to see my hand in Zach's, but it was over now. So why exactly was she still smiling at me? I smiled back, but looked down. Scazz looked happy for me too, but I only had one question. Why did they care?!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:20 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Tell me this hasn't died so early...
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:28 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Uh, OK, I'm not sure why no one is posting if you're all still in, but would anyone like to start us rolling again?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:28 am
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, I really wish everyone who told me they were in would post...I'm trying to start it back up...help me out here.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:27 pm
MathisSiddel says...

I liked this one! have been soooooooooooooooo busy.. :( umm I will try to start this again... Maybe the owner of this should post some plot and stuff...

If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
— Anatole France