z

Young Writers Society

~Zodiac~

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:34 pm
Dreamwalker says...

**kay so, Vera is a bit of character, in a sense but I thought it would be alright seeing as it's the cat-cat thing xD. And Light_Devil!, you are free to join at any time :)*

Jonah

He growled, irritated. House cats had always seemed a bother to him in this form, telling him all there catly 'woes' seeing as they were so small and lived in close comparison to household creatures. They craved the wild like he craved a home. Silly beings. He was too used to such things.

"What do you want," he huffed, nostrils flaring and ears pointed back in a mad repression. The face of an angry tiger usually scared most small creatures. She seemed completely content.

"You're just sitting there, is all. I was curious." She murmured, walking in small circles. "Moreso, I'm curious as to why a tiger is roaming New York City... escape from a zoo or something?"

"No..." Jonah turned his head, anger boiling. Just like a cat to be oblivious. He wasn't one of them. He was neither human nor tiger. Alone. "What of it to you anyways?"

"Just thought you should know people might get a little frightened if they see a tiger roaming the streets. Best to keep on the 'down low' even for your sort," she flicked her tail too and fro, ears twitching with excitement. "You dont want to go back to wherever you came from, I take it?"

"I came from nowhere in which you seem to think I came," he grumbled, large teeth revealing a heavy intent if the annoyance pursued. "And I dont plan to go back."

He pushed himself up languidly, body hesitating before convulsing rather harshly. He couldn't remain a tiger. He had to get out of here and the sooner the cat realized this, the easier it would be so he wouldnt have to deal with it. "I'm sure you realize that I have no intent on staying on the 'down low' either."
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:08 pm
Light_Devil! says...

I'll be taking that invite now then. :P

--

Deus

Deus blinked as he realised that he finally wandered far enough from his holiday house to be lost. It wasn't so bad, he thought to himself. He had been following a strange animal around for a while.

He wasn't quite sure what it was, it had been moving to fast to see. Deus had spotted the odd movement when he had been staring out the window wondering what to do while he was alone and his parents were working. It had caught his attention and then fled quickly. Ever the curious one, Deus tailed after it silently which had led him here. In the middle of a park. Lost.

He closed his cerulean eyes and took a deep quiet breath. If only I could find out what it was, being lost might just be worth it. The average looking teenager opened his eyes and looked around before taking a seat at one of the park benches.

Deus slumped forward and propped his head up on his arms which rested on his knees. He felt a little silly for doing what he had done. Deus frowned and drifted off into thought.

That's when something behind him rustled in the bushes. Deus's eyes flew wide open and he spun around to see if the animal he had followed was there. Sitting in the bushes ready to break for another escape was -

(Anyone may be the "animal". :P)
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:48 pm
sylverdawn says...

Troy-

Scowling, Troy stalked down the paths of Central park. He had come to New York to look up some of his Dad's old squad mates, but the kept stone walling him. He swore softly, and took a deep breath. It would not be pretty if he shifted in the middle of the city. His eyes were a brilliant, electric blue, a sure sign of his rising anger. Troy's temper, always close to the surface, had been on a hair trigger since he came to this city.

He paused in his mental rant, as someone close by gasped. Troy glanced over to see a boy a few years younger then him. He was staring, transfixed at something in the bushes.

Quietly, Troy slipped over to see what was happening. "Curiosity killed the cat. He thought sardonically as he came up behind the boy. "Lucky for me I'm not a cat. Worst case scenario, a bad case indigestion."
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:04 pm
AliceRose says...

*Jasey*

I trotted down the street, my head down, attempting not to draw any attention to my horse form. I hated New York. I missed the wide open plains of Texas where I could run freely. Now I couldn't. I was confined to this concrete jungle. My legs ached. I needed a good run.

As I trotted, I tried to focus on going back to my human form. I found the entrance to an alleyway and concentrated so hard. I started to feel my joints pop, my muscles burn, and then, I was laying on the ground, panting, my blond hair fanning out around me.

I winced as I got up slowly. I took the bag that I always carried on my (just in case) and dug out my clothes. I pulled on a yellow shirt and faded jeans and shoes. I slung the bag back over my shoulders and walked out back onto the street. I didn't know what to do now. I just started walking and soon, I saw something orange and large walking towards me. When I looked harder, I realized that it was a tiger!

My eyes widened and I froze. The tiger saw me and froze too. We looked into each others eyes for a second, and I saw something in them.

I saw humanity.
We're all a bit mad...

489 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:14 pm
Dreamwalker says...

**I was already human after you posted, Alice, but I can work with that :) **

Jonah

"A horse," Jonah murmured, staring blankly at the frozen animal. Either it was fearful from seeing him as a tiger or it was not just an it.. He glared, fierce brown eyes flashing intense yellow.

"So you are human," the voice below him was of the cat but the voice of a human.

He felt suddenly bewildered, the thought finally occuring. He was not as alone as he had thought he was. The horse trotted forward, hestitantly, not speaking. It was hard to tell if it was fear the held her back, or shock. Either one could explain quite a bit.

"And you are two." He stated, teeth digging into his lower lip harshly. Pain. He was still awake..

"I guess it wouldn't matter much if I was human or not, now," she transformed, standing tall. A human. The horse just stared, walking forward on unsteady hooves. Not the regular actions for such a proud beast.

"And you?" Jonah asked finally, glancing forward at the horse.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:19 pm
Incognito says...

**I would be the animal, but I don't feel like being in my rooster form right now. ;)

Adam

The door opened of the night club, blaring its loud techno music onto the street but only for the time it took for Adam, Caleb, and Rosaline to exit the club. Adam was laughing merrily clinging to Caleb's arm, Rosaline trotting beside him.

"Can you not cling to me, people are staring," Caleb said, looking around the street, keeping his eyes anywhere from looking at Adam, the full grown man, laughing like an idiot, covered in glitter, and was where enough colours to be mistaken for a peacock.

"You got to be kidding me, Caleb! There is no body on this street. It is just me, you, and the dog," Adam said it, almost in a ring-tone voice.

"You have been drinking."

"There was a bar, what else was I supposed to do? The bartender was such a sweetie, I just had to keep ordering."

"Well, you are getting glitter all over me."

"I know you like my glitter," Adam laughed trill, stumbling lightly, but Caleb caught him as if he was used to it.

"Be careful alright."

"Sure thing," Adam straightened up and let go of Caleb's arm in one motion, while expertly brushing his bangs out of his face. Patting Rosaline gingerly, he started humming as he continued along the sidewalk. Oh how he loved walking in the streets at night. Every once and a while, a car would drive by fast, splashing in the puddles that lined the streets.

Rosaline stopped and she started growling staring into the darkness before them. Caleb just shook his head, and stood facing the other direction as if he didn't want to be there while Adam tried to calm Rosaline down.

"What's wrong girl? Sh! You will wake all the people who are trying to sleep up, and that is not very nice." But then it became apparent what she was barking at, for there was a tiger, a small cat and a human.

Caleb grabbed Adam's arm, trying to pull him back so that they could get away without being eaten, but Adam had no intention of doing that.

"Caleb! Look! Its a tiger! I always wanted a pet tiger! We could bring him home and like then have a party, with a real tiger!"

"Well to me, that tiger looks hungry."

"Aw! Look! It has made a little friend! And poor thing, it probably is hungry. We should bring it home and feed it, poor thing out here all alone!" Adam strode happily towards the cat and the tiger and human but at that very moment, the tiger tranformed into a human, and Adam just stood there standing, puzzled. "Caleb, the tiger isn't a tiger any more."

----------------

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

22 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:28 pm
AliceRose says...

*Jasey*

The tiger had talked to me. I stood, frozen with shock, and was about to answer him, but two humans walked over to us, but they completely ignored me. They were too busy paying attention to the tiger.

"It is about the size of Rosaline. I was thinking about getting another dog, but I think a tiger is much more exotic, don't you think?" the annoying one said.

The other shrugged. The shrugging one had nice hair, and since he was being rude and ignoring me...

He jumped when he felt my mouth on his hair, drooling all over him. "AH!" he screamed as he tried to get the slobber off. The annoying one was surprised at first, but then he ended up on the ground laughing. I smiled as best as I could at the tiger, who had gone to his human form, and I knew that it got my message loud and clear.
We're all a bit mad...

489 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Dreamwalker says...

**I just got myself terribly confused xD. So, so far, I'm in human form as what we know. But is Jasey in human form or a horse? Confusionnnn*

22 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:49 pm
AliceRose says...

I'm really confused too. I wrote it first so that I became human, but then it was written that I was a horse again, so do I need to edit, or....what?
We're all a bit mad...

127 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:56 pm
Incognito says...

**I think you should edit, because you posted that just before I edited the end of my post also, and then it will be all good. :)

489 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 pm
Dreamwalker says...

**Okay so, how bout we continue on with my being a human, you being a horse, the cat being human, and the two humans being shocked because the tiger turned into a human :).

Theres not need for editing xD.**

Jonah

"I am not pet, sir." Jonah began to walk away, knowing that if he stayed he would end up having more problems than not. Maybe it was best to accept the way he was in solitude and to not persue it any further.

"Wait, dont go tiger!" The flamboyant one followed behind excitedly, a smile creeping onto his glittery cheeks. "You're just to adorable!"

Jonah felt the anger boil. "I'm... what?"

"Adorable!" He cocked his head to the side, hands on his hips rather... femininly. "You're just too cute!"

"Adam... this really isnt the time for that..."

"Awe, but why not?" He whined, crossing his arms over his chest. "It's not everyday you see another member of the zodiac, let alone three!"

"Adam, please..."

"But Caleb!"

Jonah's brow furrowed, staring blatantly at the scene before him. The two boys were... bickering? He shook his head rather annoyedly, turning back towards the cat and the horse who were just as confused as he.

"Zodiac," the cat mumbled. "So, how did you come by our secret?"

"Thats a silly quiestion!" He pivoted around on his tip-toes. "I'm the rooster! Pleasure to meet you! And this is Kaleb.. he's just a human but I dont mind! And Rosaline."

The dog just humphed and laid down on the ground.

Reviews: 2
Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm
View Likes
Buggy says...

Joshua strolled down the path in the park, hands in his pockets. He had the early shift at Denny's today, so he was home free for the rest of the afternoon. Except... crap. Crap crap crap, he had that physiology test to study for.

He sighed. Joshua hated studying, but fortunately his memory was good enough that he didn't have to do much of it. That, and it was pretty easy to logic your way through a multiple choice test.

"Nice horse," he called absently to a little group of people on the path, then frowned. There was something odd about the way they were looking around, like they were hiding something. But that wasn't all of it. It was like... he didn't know.

He stopped walking and turned to face them. "Do I know any of you from somewhere?"
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

127 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:43 pm
Incognito says...

Adam

"My gosh! You are a cutie!" Adam turned around from following the tiger to walk towards the guy that just showed up.

Caleb looked at Adam balefully, but shook his head and stood there, looking at his feet, horse slober making his hair sticking up in weird ways.

"I am anyone you want me to be," Adam said to the new joiner, with a little wink but soon retired to petting the horse absentmindedly.

--------------------

I had to get that little bit in. ;)

~Incognito

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:56 pm
jok101 says...

*is Adam going to keep on being an annoying stereotype or is he gonna turn into a real character? just wondering*

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:30 pm
lizzifer says...

Vera~~

"Oh fate," The tabby purred, "You gotta love it!"

The others didn't notice her so she decided to make herself known a bit more. She posed herself then- leap. She landed gracefully on the "tiger"'s shoulders. What was she doing? She shouldn't care anyway, she was an outcast so said her research.

"Let's introduce ourselves shall we? Since we seem to all have something in common." She spoke out, a strange thing to do in her cat form, her tail flicked back and forth.

"My name is Vera, I would change into my human form but I suggest none of you kind fellow curse-ees would like to see that."
The one who smiles the most has something to hide.

..i'm lonely...message me..some how add me on your social networking site (unless you are some creepy weirdo who stalks girls for their organ harvesting company..i personally like them inside of me thankyou :) )

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec