z

Young Writers Society

Fairies vs. Elves

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:59 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Serenity it's only 2 pages to read what happened. Not een that. If you want to you can easilly jump in with my charaters and kittycat and um... the others.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:06 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Alex sat on the tree watching out into the woods, he could see people around but nobody bothered him.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:39 am
kittykat says...

[Aro Gensitine]

Suddenly, a snow white squirrel landed in the middle of our messy circle and said, "Roar." I chuckled and couldn't help a sly smile creep up to my face. The raven looked at me, cocking his head to a side and, in understanding, flew off of my shoulder. He hovered above the animal until finally deciding a a place to land.

The season's wrong fur ball! cawed the bird, which sounded more of a laugh from my point of view.

"Play nice now," I warned in a teasing voice.

The squirrel stepped closer to the raven. "Who are you calling fur ball, chicken!"

Chicken?! the raven shrieked angrily, Your mistaking me for a brainless egg pooper? You, ma'am, are terribly uncivilized!

"Look who's talkin'!" she snapped back.

I laughed at the two of them and called the raven back to its perch on my shoulder. Grudgingly, it did so, never taking sharp eyes away from the squirrel, watching its every move. I looked back over to Savior and Legend, and wondered how they knew this creature. Who was this, Peyton?
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:23 pm
Layleun says...

((Legend))

There she sat, once again. That furry little puffball that always seemed to get into trouble and pull Legend with her.

"You."

The squirrel averted her attention away from the raven and focused on Legend. A sly grin spread awkwardly across the rodents tiny face. "Legend Delmount? Long time no see!"

Legend's cold stare softened an a grin replaced the grim line of a mouth. "Peyton Trechel. How have you fared these past years?"

Peyton scratched her jaw vigorously with her hind leg. "Very well. Your uncle misses you."

"You would know." Legend scoffed.

Peyton's ears shot up. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"A peasant girl who mingles with royal family? Improper and unheard of. You're were always center of the palace gossip."

"I'll show you improper and unheard of." Peyton scowled and launched herself at Legend's leg. Quickly she crawled up her thigh and onto her arm. She was about to bite Legend but was promptly picked up by her tail. Peyton squirmed.

"Not fair!"

Legend smiled triumphantly. "Is too."

"Is not! Pick on someone your own size!"

As Peyton yelled her last words she grew an changed shape. After a few moments Legend held a braid of long black hair which lay on top of a humans head. Her emerald eyes scowled at Legend's lavender eyes.

"Like I said, your taller."

Legend laughed happily and let go of Peyton's braid. She quickly shook her hair out so it fell how she wanted it to.

"Old... friends?" Aro asked with amusement.

Savior laughed a chime-like laugh. "We all are. Peyton was one of our old palace friends." Savior turned her eyes to Legend and smiled warmly. "I thought I recognized you. You're my cousin, correct?"

Legend nodded, glad that she remembered. Savior was young when Legend had left. They used to play with Peyton, just like the other palace children. "What a good memory. You were, what, seven when I left?"

"Six." Savior corrected.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:54 pm
helpless42 says...

i looked out over the wall. it was peaceful. quite, almost enjoyable. almost. it was too quiet, i felt like someone was watching me, about to attack. i did a quick scan. just Selene.
"so, what it like? you know being all high and mighty with everyone obeying your orders and stuff." the only things that obeyed my comments were my fists, and sometimes they didn't work like they were supposed to.

Reviews: 3
Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:52 pm
Rabid_Writer says...

**Sorry, I've been at a friends house for a while..**

::Peyton::

Peyton grinned and leaned against a tree, listening as the two cousins discussed. "What a good memory. You were, what, seven when I left?" Legend asked

"Six." Savior corrected.

"I was five!" Peyton yelled out as if she was a five year old and put her hand up, forming the number five with her fingers. They laughed and she grinned, nodding her head.

Suddenly Peyton's winged lion landed on the ground beside her, folding his wings to his side as he looked around the circle. Betcha I could fly faster than that crow over there, he snickered and Peyton rolled her eyes, turning her attention back to the circle.

"You still have him?" Legend asked, pointing a finger at the lion. Last time Legend had seen him he was just beginning to fly.

"Yep! Skylar the one and only winged lion who is to full of himself!" Peyton said in a loud, announcer type voice. Skylar bowed lowly, stretching his front paws out in front of him.

As if he had just realized what Peyton had said he glared at her and snorted, sitting himself down. Full of myself? Ha! He continued to glare at Peyton, who just smiled innocently. The others were trying to stiffle their laughs and continued to talk.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:29 am
kittykat says...

[Aro Gensitine]

A crow he said! He is not only blind, but hat creature thinks he can fly faster than me, too! What a joke! cawed the raven, Even if he may be able to fly faster with those wings of his I can still think faster and out smart the beast before he has a chance to reach the finish line.

"He's not the only one full of himself." I murmured to the bird, a sharp grin growing on my face.

I clapped my hands together to get their attention. "So! Since you three already know each other, I think I should introduce myself. I am Aro Gensitine, a pleasure to meet you, er... Peyton, right?" she grabbed my hand and we shook, the whole while the raven and the winged-lion Skylar were having a stare off.

"Yes, Peyton," She said a little quieter than before. "Oh, that bird, does it have a name?"

The raven ruffled its feathers and straightened its back. He pointed his beak in the air slightly, and in a perfectly clear voice from much practice, the raven said, "Nevermore,"

"From the poem, he picked it out himself when I recited it for him." I added softly, watching the raven, Nevermore, ruffle his feathers again to make sure they were all in place.
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:47 am
myfreindsavamp says...

"I've never heard of the poem. May I hear it?" Sazior asked the boy. SHe looked at him and his raven with fasination.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:50 am
jessig833 says...

Name:Diana Fae

Race:Fairy

Fairies/Elves:Fairies

Power: She has a strong bond with animals.can control fire and can do magic{cast spell,curses.est]

Personality:She is even tempered and fun to be around, hates to fight but will if you get her angry or to protect herself.

Background:Her parents died when she was born so was alone from a young age live deep in the woods by the river.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:38 am
MilkNCookies says...

jessi, this is in the archives. It's dead- the authors have stopped posting on them.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

Shady's wall is now the Randomosity forum in a nut shell
— alliyah