z

Young Writers Society

Carnaby

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:24 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

((Oh no! I can't think of anything! Is writer's block contagious?))
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:39 am
Maybe says...

* i hope not...*gasps* i cant think of anything either!*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:58 pm
Lindsaroo says...

*Of course it is! :twisted:*

They headed out into the woods and walked for a bit. This was Aubrey's first time in the woods. It was so quiet, except for the animals. She walked off a few steps off and heard a snap under her foot. All of the suden she was looking down at them upside down. She was hanging by a rope tied to her ankle.

"You stepped into a trap." the wolf said.

"Ya think?! Get me down!" She shouted.
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:22 pm
Lethero says...

Lethero cut the rope as Karana and Sarka stood underneath to catch her. "You should watch out for traps, you know," Lethero said.

"Did you know it was there?" Aubery asked.

"Yes."

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

"To teach you to look where you're going. I knew you never been in the woods since we entered. You better watch out for that trap 10 paces to your right though."
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:35 pm
Rydia says...

Skye

"Hold still," I murmured as I fluttered up. I took hold of her arms and gently lifted her upright but the rope had tightened around her leg.
"Hold her there," Sarka commanded. I did as she said and soon there was a squirrel scurrying up the tree. She reached one of the higher branches and swiftly moved to the middle where the rope was secured. There, she began to chew through it and, when she was done, scampered back to the ground.

That left me carrying Aubrey and slowly I placed her back onto the firm soil.
"Thanks," She said and, after a moment, we headed deeper into the woods. This time, Aubrey was careful to watch out for traps and I had to took my wings in so they didn't snag on tree branches. The other three seemed quite comfortable with their surroundings.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:19 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

((Wait a minute...There are two COMPLETELY different scenarios posted above! Clarify, please!))
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

170 Reviews

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:56 am
Lindsaroo says...

*I thin I just stepped in another trap. I guess. It's ok*

They had been walking all day. When it hit night they sat down to rest.Aubrey climbed a tree and fell asleep there.
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:37 am
Rydia says...

sorry. I went to the kitchen for a snack in the middle of writing my post so I didn't see the previous one. I guess I should have checked afterwards. Sorry.
Writing Gooder

170 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:13 pm
Lindsaroo says...

Aubrey was woken up t a loud screeching of a bird by her ear. She fell but held onto lower branch. When she looked up Sarka was there.

"Time to get up sleepyhead." She smiled.

"I'd rather get down. Thank you very much." Aubrey said. Sarka shrugged and jumped down landing on her feet and walked to the others. Aubrey lost her grip and fell, well, not on her feet. She got up and walked over to them.

"There's a pub a few minutes away. We can see if anyone there has horses we can get." Lethero said.

"Sounds good." Skye said. They walked to the pub and sat at a table. Aubrey tried scanning a few minds to find someone with horses. Horible thoughts flooded her mind and she thought she was gonna throw up.

"Not the best thing to do in a pub." The other telepath said.

"Yeah, I figured that out." She said, sounding sick.

"Well?" Lethero asked.

"Well, that guy in the corner has a few, but he just killed his wife. So, not the best bet. But the bartender has a brother who is coming in in ten minutes who owns a bunch of horses. He should be able to sell us some for a cheap price." After about 15 mintes a man came in. He was clean cut and very good looking.

"That's him." Aubrey said.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:19 pm
Maybe says...

"Remember, i dont need a horse." Sarka said. They all got her meaning.

"We need some horses." Aubrey said, walking up to the man.

*ah! i hate writers block!*
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:25 pm
Lethero says...

"I don't need a horse either," Lethero said. "I can keep up those mules."

"Mules," Sarka replied, kind of mad, "there are more than mules."

"All I know is that they taste excellent."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:33 pm
Rydia says...

Skye

I looked across at the man and nodded in approval before rising from my chair.
"Where are you going?" Lethero asked.
"To talk to him of course," I replied with a secretive smile.
"Ah," The two telepaths murmured together.
"You might want to stay out of my mind," I giggled, sauntering towards the man.

I waited until the two brothers had exchanged pleasantries and then followed my target away from the bar to a small, oak table.
"Excuse me," I began. He jumped slightly and turned to face me, taking a step back at the same time.
"Careful, you might spill your drink," I warned in a gentle, smooth voice as I caught his hand in my own to steady it.
"That wouldn't be good," The man murmured, still half shocked.

I smiled at him.
"May I sit down?" I asked.
"Oh. Of course. Be my guest."
"Why don't you sit down too?"
"Uh. Yeah. It's my table. I was going to sit down." I laughed lightly as he stumbled across his words and he blushed a little.
"So you need help with something?" The man queried.
"Yeah. I heard you have some horses."
"Oh. Yeah. I do."

"How much are you selling them for?"
"Uh..."
"Only my friends and I really need some horses and I heard you was a real gentleman."
"Well I could give you them half price. How many would you want?"
"Five."
"Oh. Well. Just for you, I'll sell you two at normal price and you can have the others for free."
Writing Gooder

169 Reviews

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:42 pm
Lethero says...

Skye returned an hour later with the horses. Lethero looked up when he heard on of the hooves break a twig. "I can be more silent than those clumsy beasts."

"Well, some of us are going to need them."

"Why did you get me one. The only thing it might make for me is a meal."

Sarka looked at Lethero disgusted. "You kind of become a vegetarian after being them. How can you eat these animals."

"I get hungery."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

170 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:36 am
Lindsaroo says...

"Well, you aren't eating it." Aubrey said. "We can use it if one of the horses is injured or to carry something if we need it." Lethero sighed. "Now let's get going. I got us a map from a man in there...but I can't read maps..."

"You can't read a map?" Lethero said astonished.

"Well I never needed one." She said handing the map to Lethero. "I guess you can then."

169 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:53 am
Lethero says...

Lethero took the map and put in one of the pouches on the horses. "Well, does anyone have a general idea where we are going?" Lethero asked.

"Stantry," Aubery said.

"Well if those mules can keep up we can get there in about 2 days."

"Is that straight running?"

"Yes, why?"

"Because these 'mules' need more rest than you. Plus we do. We don't don't have the endurance like you."

"Ok, about four days."

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria