z

Young Writers Society

♔Victorian Dives♔

246 Reviews

Reviews: 246
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:14 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Too much. This is too much. As the room filled with chatter, Mar squeezed his eyes shut and covered his ears. Maybe I shouldn't have left. Will the whole year be like this? People talking and talking and me not knowing what to say? The Tefineri boy scrunched himself up on his chair, overwhelmed by the noise and strangeness of the room.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:25 pm
View Likes
blueca says...

Ariphi's tail swayed impatiently as she glared at the human. "Looks like you were wrong."

She pushed her right wheel so she pivoted away from Alice, but she paused and took a breath. "At least introduce yourself so this wan't a total waste of my time."
i can't beleive it's not gender!
artim/artos/artims/arself
my name is the same as my user, or you can call me jan Laso!

romance makes me uncomfortable, please don't.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:16 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Vlkatas eyes popped open, resting on the Letter and coin purse again. This was the fifth time she has woken up. Frowning, She sat up stretching her wings as much as space provided her, then stood. No use in trying to go back to sleep.

A step over to the wooden wardrobe and she was digging through it. Grabbing a carpetbag she stuffed in the few shirts she had altered for her wings, and the pants she had bought for when she stayed home. Picking up Her discarded brown dress and corset on the floor and shoving them in the closet.

Vlakta paused, holding the corset, She rolled it and set it in her bag. Then after a pause added a dress. She might need them. Satisfied with her selection of clothes, she pulled on a pair of brown fitted pants. Tugging off her chemise and replacing it with a loose flowy shirt, that buttoned at the low back under her wings.

Reaching to the bottom of the wardrobe she pulled out a back sheath, strapped it around her wings, and inserted the Valkarian sword that had been wrapped in cloth.

She pulled out a cloak then closed the wardrobe, adding the coin purse and letter to the bag before closing it. She could worry about supplies when she got there, for now, she had to go before she changed her mind. Slipping the cloak over her wings she surveyed the room and gripped her bag. "Forgive me Allfather."

Vlakta snapped her finger and state"Ego vadam ad Academy, magi ad me fiet."
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:27 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

A long-eared ginger WereCat sat on the ground with her tail wrapped neatly around her paws. Her ears twitched as she took in her surroundings and looked at the other arrivals in the room.

Stay calm, she mewed to herself. Breathe. You're a WereCat. That's normal... right? Perfectly normal? Better be normal... Out of the corner of her golden eyes, she saw a Pure One sitting alone. I wasn't expecting to see one of those here... She padding over to him and sat at his feet.

"Hello," she mewed. "I'm Christine."
Last edited by Riverlight on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

246 Reviews

Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:02 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Mar opened one eye and saw a cat in front of him. A WereCat? I haven't seen many of them before... how much weirder can today get? Being the polite person he was, though, Mar just opened the other eye and attempted a smile. "Hi Christine. I'm Mariel, or Mar for short."
Last edited by Spearmint on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

311 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:06 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

(Just to clarify, she is 100% in cat form :P)

"Pleased to meet you," Christine purred. "It's not common to see a Pure One outside of their homeland." She ran a paw over her head to flatten down some of her fur. "Is it safe to assume you are one of the Tefineri?"
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

246 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:11 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

(ok thanks, I fixed my post c:)

Mariel uncurled a bit. "Indeed, I am one of the Tefineri... or perhaps I used to be? I've, uh, left my clan for a bit to learn magic." He cleared his throat uncomfortably. "What about you? You're a WereCat, correct?"
mint, she/her

=D

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:14 am
View Likes
yoshi says...

"WereCats?" exclaimed Amoku, "Aren't you extinct?"

In his experience, WereCats were most definitely something that completely died out thousands of years ago. At least in Avaria. In "Earth", he wasn't so sure.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

311 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:19 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Glancing at the other person, she mewed, "Quite obviously we're not extinct. Rarer than we once were, maybe, but not extinct." Christine huffed out her ginger chest fur, proudly glaring at the person. "WereCats are the backbone of the spiritual community. We are closer with nature than most races and creatures, and we have an independent connection with fate that few other people will ever have. If WereCats died out, you would know, because that would mean that our race would be incapable of helping to stop the worst possible things from happening."

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:35 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Nigel barely had time to blink before she appeared in a wide open room, bigger than anything she'd ever seen in her life. A severe-looking woman laid out a few ground rules and promptly disappeared, and then the other students started greeting each other. Nigel's eyes flickered about the room, looking for anyone who hadn't already partnered up. She spotted what looked like a Pure One curled up in a chair, and she approached warily.
"So," she said, trying to sound casual, "I wonder what it looks like from outside."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:47 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

''Spikes!''
He sensed Gemini looming over his hammock.
Ashton sighed.
Her tone brought memories back.
Her face had been so emotionless, so still. But the crazed, wild look of madness was evident.
And it had hurt.
For so long, he'd seen those very same eyes light with joy, or dim with tears, or at least reveal some semblance of humanity.
But it had all been a lie.
And her words, he could still feel them corrupting his soul like poison.
''I've heard of foolish lovers, and I've seen desperate lovers, but the idiocy of a lover both foolish and desperate was waiting for you, wasn't it?
I don't give a damn about your pathetic insecurities! I get to hear about them every day!
What do you want me to do? Get you a pile of garbage covered with extra horse manure so you can roll around in it and be a piece of waste?
Get this into that thick love-sick head of yours: I have no use for your pathetic adoration. If that ain't what you want to hear and I don't care what you do or don't want to hear, then live it off lover boy, live it off, because your soul is now mine.''
Whatever humanity society had left him broke right then and there.
He'd hoped it'd be quick and painless the way it usually was, but this; this was a gradual breaking. He couldn't stand it.
First, his brain began cart-wheeling.
Why was she acting like this? Was it his fault? Had he said something wrong?
He'd tried to be the perfect person for her. He treated her better than anyone at the orphanage had. Should he have been kinder?
Then her word sank in.
He was just a piece of trash to her.
He had nothing to call his own. Not love. Not hope. Even his soul belonged to her now.
She'd laid everything in him to ruin.
Then his brain began to make up stories.
Maybe this hurt her just as much as it hurt him, and she didn't realize it yet. When he'd first met her, he sensed an aura of pain in her. He had to believe it was somewhere deep in her soul.
''Spikes!'' She sounded firmer.
He slowly looked up.
Davina had what looked like a bottle of Sarsaparilla in one hand(he didn't want to know where she'd gotten it from or who had died while she obtained it) and a set of leather bags filled with books.
''I'm listening.'' He said, forcing himself to smile.
''What was this doing in the right pocket of your favorite pair of overalls? Are you trying to pull a prank?''
She waved a pair of notes in front of his face threateningly.
''I have no idea,'' He said lazily, waving his tail.
''You think I find an invitation to some magic school run by a pompous nobody funny?''
''Magic School! What magic school!'' He exclaimed.
Smirking, she handed him the letter.
As he read it, he felt his apprehension rising.
Dear Sir or Madam:
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at The Royal Academy of the Magical Arts, English Division, under the guidance of Headmaster Apollo Cartington. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on request. We await your reply by no later than Saturday next at nightfall. To reply, snap your fingers and say "Ego vadam ad Academy, magi ad me fiet."
Yours most sincerely,
Malcolm Moriarty
Deputy Headmaster

On one paw seemed like a good opportunity for them. They could hone their magic, perhaps meet a few people who wouldn't judge them, who in fact, we're just like them.
God knows they needed that more than anything.
But he worried about Gemini.
He knew something about her he wished he didn't.
She tended to be weird and creepy and act all 'I must be in control'.
Opportunities to cause chaos attracted her like light attracted moths.
He didn't want other lives put in danger because of her.
He didn't want lives put in danger because of him.
Not ever again.
He could almost hear her triumph.
He closed his eyes and slowly breathed in and out. He knew what was coming next and didn't like it at all.
''You know Spikes, I've been looking for a chance to improve your potion skills. You've learned from the best, but perhaps some fresh insight is just what you need. As for me, well, I do need to be open-minded. Maybe I could learn something.
Who knows.
I might be able to liberate a few people.''
There it was.
A lump caught in his throat.
Once again, he'd have to see the looks of fear in his victim's eyes while he clawed their throats and cringe at the feel of his claws piercing through flesh.
''We're going, aren't we?'' He asked.
What he meant was, 'You're going to make me kill, aren't you?''
''You have no choice.''
He met her eyes.
''Your not going to change your mind?''
''Quit the puppy look Spikes. Emotions look repulsive on your face, and like everything else about your personality, make me ill.''
She laughed.
''Ha nevermind, you know I love you, but you will serve me, therefore you will believe it when I say I know you know you need this. Is that understood, you Prince Albert wannabe?''
Everything in him wanted to screech something back.
He wanted to tell her that no, he didn't want to believe anything she told him, not ever again, that asking him to do so was a violation of his dignity.
He wanted to yell that if she said ''Spikes'' or ''Ha you know I love you but...'' when she didn't mean it, he'd die.
He wanted to be called by his name.
He wanted to be treated with respect.
But he could only hold his tongue and try to be the better person in hopes that she'd change.
''Your wish is my command''
It used to be my everything.
Then he read the words.
''Ego vadam ad Academy, magi ad me fiet.''
Oooooooo this going to be a disaster, he thought.
There were too many students. He'd never seen so many beings before, not since the orphanage.
He could see another werecat, what looked to be a street boy, a halfling, a nypth hybrid, and what might have been a half-elf, and so many other beings he'd never seen.
He drew himself closer to Gemini. She pushed him away, so he positioned his body into a ball, wrapped his tail around himself, and watched everyone wearily.
Davina, being Davina, did not seem phased.
''Pompous nobody!'' She announced, pronouncing each word with perfect clarity. There was no mistaking her confidence. ''I have arrived.''
He tightened his tail and closed his eyes.
Last edited by deleted32 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
She who calls the stars to shine

130 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:51 am
View Likes
yoshi says...

"Honestly, the worst possible things would happen if dragons didn't exist," Amoku sniffed haughtily in the direction of the not-so-extinct WereCat.

so i took another nap

311 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:54 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"Oh yes," Christine huffed, rolling her eyes. "Because we need more giant lizards setting everything on fire and killing others just to keep their precious gold." The WereCat took a deep breath, and her tail swayed behind her. Her golden eyes turned a distinct shade of dark amber as she stared at him.

246 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:57 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Meanwhile, Mar gave the approaching halfling a tentative smile. Wow... everyone here's so friendly. How are they able to just walk up to random strangers and strike up conversations? I wish I could do the same... The Pure One shook those thoughts out of his head and focused on the present. As he was about to reply, however, someone in a yellow trench coat and red cape loudly announced that they had arrived. Mar gave a rather embarrassing squeak, curled up into a smaller ball, and squeezed his eyes shut again.
Last edited by Spearmint on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

130 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:58 am
View Likes
yoshi says...

Amoku gazed at the WereCat, "Calling me a giant lizard is stupid as an insult, because I have met many giant lizards in my time, and they were quite handsome."

so i took another nap

"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov