Young Writers Society

Scar-faced d00ds

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:16 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"May I ask how you managed it?" he asks, finally seeming to relax a little.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:22 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo smiled and shook his head, rubbing behind his neck. “Heck, you know what, man, it was forever ago. I don’t even know exactly when cause it’s been somethin’ like... borderin’ on a hundred years? I dunno. But way back when I was a kid, I got nabbed by kidnappers and they were so clumsy in the get-away they slashed my face over a fence they were hopping. Can you believe that?” he laughed, as if the fact no longer carried any weight. “And they basically trashed and gouged out my eye, sewing up the hole that reminded so, there ain’t no going back from that. But hey! At least it happened when I was little. I mean, it’s way more acceptable for a five year old to be bumpin’ into everything than for a man my size to run into everyone,” he said with another laugh. “Like I said. By now, I’m used to it.”
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:01 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He had no idea how to react to that. His initial reaction was "d***, those are pretty s***** kidnappers, then," but he had a feeling that maybe that wasn't the best thing to comment about. "Scheisse, that's intense," he finally said. "At least kids heal fast, I guess."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:01 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo laughed. "Ahh, a little bit of healing magic helps too!" he snapped his fingers and pointed at Krazter with one (1) finger gun. "Do you have that where you come from?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:15 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Regeneration, for most demonic individuals," Kratzer says.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:54 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo tilted his head to the side. "Huh. Re... regeneration? So like, is that something you will to happen or does it just happen? I ask because here, magic is almost always a conscious choice."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:45 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"It's passive," he replies, hesitating. He could just tell him the truth. Could it really hurt? Worst case scenario he got in a fight and he did have the upper hand with his gun, and more running wouldn't hurt him. Then again, the man is undoubtedly something other than a normal human himself - he's far too old to be one.

"I'm not human," Kratzer admits. "Increased regeneration is one of the pros of being vampiric. I've got faster reflexes, keener senses, and I'm far harder to kill than a normal human, but if I'm not careful I can easily slip into being severely handicapped - for instance, we can be incinerated in sunlight without...precautions."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:17 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo's face lit up and he looked at Kratzer in awe with his mouth agape. "Wooooah! Really? Dude, that's crazy! Vampires are only stories here. So you guys are real in some world? That's so awesome! I mean, uh, I dunno about the whole drinking people's blood thing and it sounds like there's a lot of drawbacks-" he began to backtrack, trying to figure out what was insensitive or not to say. "But yeah uh! Wow that's cool! I'm... well not really human either. It's complicated. I'm technically a dragon? I say technically because I'm not full dragon and uh," he smiles and shrugs, then dismissively waves his hand. "It's whatever. But anyways! No worries. Though, uh, maybe don't tell that to like, some random person. I'm kind of an exception here in this world - which is great! That you ran into me I mean, instead of someone else! I'm used to crazy stuff like this!"

Spoiler! :
basically bo rnImage

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:27 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
XD

The relief on his face was obvious, the tension leaving his stance. Bo was not, in fact, going to kill him for anything he was: if vampirism was acceptable, he was probably going to be alright. "There's not many of us back in my world. Technically, we're minor demons - almost the bridge between the demonic and human worlds, since vampires are the only kind that can be turned. As in, was once human, now isn't. And, I won't. I'm used to being hunted," he shrugs, stumbling over his words a bit more than usual. "But...you're a dragon? Those aren't demons here?"

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:58 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Demons?" Bo scratched the back of his head. "Uh, nah, man... dragons are like... well they're considered kinda like gods by most people but uh, we're just people with... cool magic."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:31 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He considered this. "Where I come from, the only family with dragonblood left is a demonic one. Sathanus' House - House of Wrath." Kratzer paused, trying to figure out the best way to phrase his question before speaking again. "Are dragons not...draconic?"

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:00 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"You mean like - oh! Oh! Yeah! That's what I mean by me not being uh, full dragon. I have dragon magic, but obviously I don't uh, look like a dragon," he waved an arm in gesture to himself. "That's what it's complicated. Little known fact to most people on this planet, but, if you're an actual dragon, you can change your form from human, harpy, ogre, dragon, or whatever you want, when you want. But that's like, something maybe me and only the dragons know! Haha!" He laughed. "Look at you! Gettin' all this super secret info. But hey, it's just 'cause you're special and from a 'nother world. You don't know all the implications, ey? But that's all well and good. I assume you want to get back home eventually anyway yeah? Still have some revenge to uh... do?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:34 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"To be frank, I don't really give a damn, except...Well, except for Auryon, really. Though, knowing her, she might come flying out of the sky next," he chuckles. "I don't have many ties back home." Not since Sieben, anyways. He pushed that thought away the moment it began to breach, quickly speaking again. "Vengeance is just something to do other than hide."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:21 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo looked blankly at Kratzer for a moment. "So you... don't want to go home?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:26 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Nein, no way, not unless Auryon doesn't show up in the next twenty years. There's nothing for me there except a d*** lot of people who want to kill or torture me for a large variety of reasons and the minute I die it's just straight to Hell," he says, shaking his head vehemently.

he/him/his

Stupidity's the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.
— William Gaddis