z

Young Writers Society

Dragon Riders

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:15 am
ToritheMonster says...

K. Check out the DT, I posted some questions and stuff.

:backtotopic:

So, Eighth and Manarian and Nuk are just going to assume Bree is dead. If she's not she'll prove them wrong later, right? So, if WhiteTiger wants Bree to live, she can just feebly come back to life and surprise the heck out of Manarian and Nuk, hm?

Eighth-

The air filled with blood as the girl jumped in front of her Dragon. I laughed gleefully, and the dragon screamed. "Bree!" Yelled the man, rushing forward. I struck him down halfheartedly. He wasn't even a threat. "See, little Rider? You are the ones who will lose. Nobody is triumphant in death." I said. Her Dragon screamed out again. "You're wrong. Bree... she won. She died fighting. She died saving someone she loved. And that's what she wanted. She was true until the end. And no matter who dies, no matter who wins this war, she is the victor. You. Lose." He spat, collapsing next to her. I turned away, towards Phobos.That man's words were nothing to me. My work here was done. I patted Phobos on the neck, and whispered to him what a good job he had done, and we flew off. I left the threesome where they were. One dead , and two dead at heart.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:28 am
Kelcia says...

Manarian

Manarian Glared at Eighth and her dragon as they flew away, swearing that when he came back to finish Zara, he would find them, too. And he wouldn’t let them fly away then. His head cleared when he heard Bree moan.

“Bree,” Manarian said, crawling over to her and shaking her shoulder. Her eyes rolled back, and blood dribbled out of her mouth. The stab wound was bad – Bree would die, if the bleeding wasn’t stopped. And then, if he somehow managed to stem the flow, she could still die. He leaped onto Nukpano’s back, franticly searching for a solution.

As they were flying away from the cursed citadel, a flash of light from below caught Manarian’s attention. Suddenly, an idea formed in his head.

“Land by the river!” He yelled at Nuk. The Dragon cast him a wary glance before doing as he said. Manarian’s plan was probably crazy, but it might work…

Nuk landed beside a clump of knotted trees that partially concealed them from enemy eyes. The instant the Dragon’s claws touched the ground, Manarian vaulted off his back, Bree held carefully in his arms. He dashed to the waterside and carefully laid Bree down.

Carefully focusing all his energy on the act, he willed a large sphere of water from the bank. He was slightly surprised at how much harder manipulating water had gotten, now that his Dragon was no longer there.

He moved the sphere over so that it was resting over the stab wound on Bree’s stomach. He willed the water to go down, to press on the wound and keep the pressure even. It was the closest he could come to a pressure bandage.

Carefully keeping the water in place, he picked the unconscious Bree up and carried her back over to Nuk.

“Get us out of here,” he said, placing Bree gently on the Dragon’s back. “But don’t go back to the Rider’s Academy – Find someplace else.” Nuk glanced back at him and nodded, before turning his attention back to the sky.

Manarian looked down at Bree. The little bubble of water might be enough to keep her alive. “Don’t give up on us,” he whispered to her. “We’re all we’ve got.”
Last edited by Kelcia on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:59 am
ToritheMonster says...

So, we'll leave Bree's death/life a mystery for the sequel, kay? I'm going to end this, as we all agreed.

Eighth-

The final Riders in the sky looked at the bloody faces of their companions, and gory corpses of their comrades below. As the Shadows pressed, they retreated, and among them I saw the boy on the dragon of the dead girl. She was slumped across the front, seemingly lifeless. A belt of sorts, made of water, was wrapped around her stomach. I smirked. A last-ditch attempt to save her.Her life didn't matter to me. A cheer grew from the remaining Shadows. Our new empire was safe. Nothing would stop us from taking over the world, now. I grinned. Not a single Shadow had died, although Alice was in critical condition. I had trained them well.

I didn't know where the remaining Riders would go, but for now, they were not a threat. The bodies of their friends and allies on the ground would ensure that.

I patted Phobos on the head and flew back to the castle. The war was over, but our quest was just beginning.

THE END (until the sequel!)
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:30 pm
zeyadbadrawy says...

Name: Zee
Appearance: Dark hair straight backwards hair, dark pale skin, dark brown eyes, high cheek bones, broad facial features.
Personality: Unpredictable
History: Unknown. amnesia few years ago
Dragon type: Shadow
Connection: Communication is weak but sensing the other's current state is strong
Dislikes: None (Amnesia)
Flaws: In over his head, risky
Good: Tactical, bold, risky
Habits: None (Amnesia)

Name: Zathron
Element: Shadow
Appearance: Black scales, Red eyes, Purple Pupils
Personality: Controlling, Daring, Show-off

Im with the bad guys (obviously)
Now that i have my character (if accepted) what now?
PM me

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:44 pm
Kelcia says...

Sorry, Kid, this one ended ages ago, and the Sequel's full up.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren