z

Young Writers Society

Dragon Riders

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon May 17, 2010 8:30 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Eighth-

The girl was strong, incredibly so. She could prove useful, so there was no point in killing her. I scratched a cut to match mine across her face- my revenge was finished. "I'm impressed, I must say. You're within an inch of your life, but you're not saying a word." I said. She groaned and passed out. I needed nothing more from her, so I left. Perhaps she wouldn't tell me anything- but her dragon could. I whistled to Phobos, who flew over, the carcass of a tiny water dragon in his mouth. He spit it out. "The storm Rider, Bree. Where's her dragon?" I asked. He nodded towards the dragon stables. A loud roar came from them, presumably the dragon's. "You can talk to him, or her?" I asked. Phobos nodded. I cracked my knuckles and grinned. "Excellent."
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue May 18, 2010 1:40 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

BRYSTIANNE

She lay on the floor feeling the blood from both her wounds dry around her face. Her stomach felt as if she'd been stabbed from the inside.

Bree seemed to lose consciousness on and off again. A red-black haze seemed to form outside her vision. She just wanted to pass out and have the pain go away. She hurt so much.

Bree! Nuk's voice called.

"Nuk," she mumbled both mentally and physically. Even she could tell how weak her mental voice sounded.

What has she done to you? Nuk roared, teeth flashing in her mind.

Brystianne actually chuckled, weakly. Nothing that wasn't to be expected. But I'm hanging in there. I'm just so glad you're alright!

Nuk didn't answer her. Bree stiffened on the floor and made herself sit back up. You are alright? Aren't you Nuk? You sound strong. Oh, please, tell me you're alright!

Nuk was trying to hide something for her. But Bree saw in his mind and understood. Eighth and her dragon were coming for him. Bree was almost sick was pain as her stomach clenched.

Bree, I'll be fine. I'm strong, Nuk said. I'll be loyal to you. You are my true rider.

And you're my true dragon, Bree whispered to him. Which is why I won't leave you when they torture you.

Nuk roared and Bree could almost hear him without her mind. No! Bree, I won't let you! You'll be in pain too!

But Brystianne had already made up her mind. She wouldn't let Nuk go through that alone. Bree stood on shaky legs and ran. Eighth had been a little careless, though she couldn't deny the girl was intelligent and strong.

However, in her haste, she had left Bree in the open and alone. She probably thought she didn't have the energy to move.

Bystianne ran for Manarian, yelling and still keeping her mind intact with Nuk. She found him looking just as weak as she was. He looked at her in shock. She knew how she must look, but she didn't have time to clean up the blood on her face and in her hair.

"This is our only chance. We've got to get out of here," Bree said, her legs shaking with the effort it took to just stand.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed May 19, 2010 4:56 pm
Kelcia says...

Manarian

“Yes,” he said, hauling himself to his feet. “I suppose we must leave.”

“We – Wait. What do you mean, suppose?” asked Bree sharply.

“I - I have to find Zara.” He said, his eyes flaring at the sound of her name.

“Why?” Asked Bree incredulously. “Revenge for the Elders is one thing, but this is just -”

“Not the Elders,” he spat. “Not anymore.” He stared hard at Bree, willing her to understand.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

54 Reviews

Fri May 21, 2010 3:06 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

BREE

She was finally starting to understand. It was horrible to think...but what else could take Manarian's fighting spirit and...crush it until all that was left was revenge? Not even the Elder's deaths had hurt him like this.

Brystianne knew only one thing. His dragon had been murdered. Bree's hands shook and she placed one shaking hand to her mouth.

"Manarian," she whispered hoarsely.

She had been so...cruel to him. She hadn't understood but she had called him a coward and mocked him. She wished she could take it back now. Manarian didn't deserve that after...well, after his dragon's death.

"My God, Manarian," she tried again. "I so sorry. I didn't mean-"

Bree stopped in mid sentence and feel to her knees screaming out in pain. She was still in contact with Nuk's mind and Eigth's dragon was...hurting him bad.

"Nuk!" She screamed.

Please! Let go of our connection. You need to fight and, Nuk stopped to roar out in pain.

Bree felt him shoot lightening at the other dragon and hit, but it was weak, like him.

The real Brystianne felt pain envelope her again and she vomited on the floor, unable to imagine anything more painful then this.

"I'm not leaving," she coughed, using her mind and real voice to force the emphasis.

"Manarian, go fight," she asked him, trying to stand, only to fall over again. "Fight for us all. I've got to help Nukpano."
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

24 Reviews

Sat May 22, 2010 2:01 pm
Kelcia says...

Manarian

Manarian knelt on the floor next to Bree.

“You’re not helping him now,” he said quietly, wondering if she even heard him. “Sever the connection. You -” he shook his head as a flash of grief rocked him. “You have to get there. You can’t think or fight when… when someone’s…” He stopped himself before he went too far. He could feel the grief on the edge of his mind, like a vast cloud, but the anger wasn’t letting it in.

“Come on, Bree,” he whispered. “You have to find him. You have to.”
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

351 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 10:39 am
ToritheMonster says...

nooo! second page! post, you guysies!

54 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 1:41 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

BRYSTIANNE

A single hot tear rolled down her cheek, although it was not from the pain she shared with her dragon. It was because she knew that Manarian had a point and she had to sever the connection. She felt like she was leaving her dragon when he needed her most. Nuk sensed her feelings and his voice floated weakly through her mind. Bree wanted to cry.

It will turn out alright, Bree. Listen to me and listen well, I will be fine. I am strong physically and your strong spirit keeps me going. Keep yourself safe no matter what. Manarian is right and right now he is your only friend. I'll find a way out. You're not helping either of us by staying. Sever the connection.

"I'm sorry," Bree whispered and finally the pain vanished.

Brystianne lay gasping on the floor for nearly a minute before she stood up, angry once more.

"Are you prepared to fight, Manarian? We are going to fight with all that we have. Eighth and all her allies will pay for the death and pain that they have caused!" Bree yelled through clenched teeth.

Manarian looked around. "We have to find a way out of here," he replied, looking around.

Brystianne nodded, biting her lip, thinking it over. It was much easier to think now that the pain was gone. She had been foolish to think that she could help her dragon by keeping the connection through the pain. Still, she regretted breaking it. Bree didn't like to leave him alone through that.

"We're just going to have to wing it," I sighed. "Someones bound to have heard us."

Manarian nodded. "We've stayed here for too long. Let's hope we can find the exit soon. I think that I hear someone."

They took off, away from their old prison where Eighth had foolishly not locked them away. Bree's legs shook from fatigue and the residue of both her own and Nuk's torture. She shivered in her ripped and blood splattered clothes. Manarian looked worse than she did.

A soldier of Eighth's stopped in front of them. He looked shocked for a second but Bree shot a bolt of lightening straight at his chest. He screamed and the smell of burning flesh filled the air.

"Crap," Bree frowned. "They're bound to notice we're gone now. We've got to find an exit fast!"

**Oh Kelcia...will Manarian find the exit? xD**

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:01 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Zara and Roshan:

I curled up on the floor, my back against the freezing cold stone wall. Roshan was perched on the battlements on the other side of the window I was sitting under.

It will do no good to mourn them, she said in a concerned voice. At least she wasn't worried about what Eighth would make me do next... It was terrifying... I'd killed the Elders...and...and...

No. I wouldn't go there. I would see the faces of everyone I killed.... I wouldn't see Manarian...wouldn't see his face when I'd killed his darn dragon...

Roshan growled and I drew in a deep breath, opening my eyes to see someone standing in the doorway. Was that Eighth? What did she want me to do now? I froze, waiting...but whoever it was moved on and left me alone.

I sighed and muttered, I can't do it, Roshan. I...we have to go back... I could feel her anger. She was watching...something. I shook my head to clear it.

You really wish it? Roshan asked and I could hear the doubt in her voice. You'll be punished... Or maybe not. The Elders are dead. All of them.

I know. I was in a cage, but the cage had no bars-at least, none that could be seen.

She'll kill you if she thinks you're a threat, Roshan warned. I shrugged, tilting my head back to stare at the ceiling. There was dried blood still on my arms and my...sword. And it was all Manarian's blood and his dragon's blood.

"I'm already a threat," I said, both out loud and in my mind. Roshan would hear me anyway, as close as she was.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

351 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:45 am
ToritheMonster says...

Please don't let this die, guys... I kinda love this SB.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:59 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I, um, just posted the other day. Where is everyone else?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

351 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:45 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Posting!

Eighth-

The dragon wasn't speaking, but I didn't particularily care. It was so entertaining to watch things bleed. It's eyes went cloudy for a moment- it must have broken it's connection with it's rider. That meant that the girl knew what was happening. I wasn't in the mood to stay and fight. I jumped onto Phobos, and we took off into the battle-filled sky. SO far, no Shadows had fallen, but Alice had bneen injured. She could take care of herself. The Riders outnumbered us by hundreds, but we were incredibly strong. I looked around to see who was fighting. I spotted all but Zara. I ground my teeth, and stabbed a Rider. Where was that girl? Still fretting over a kill, probably. I set off to find her.

24 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:51 pm
Kelcia says...

Manarian

“I suppose we should keep going down until we’re at ground level.” Manarian said, running along beside Bree. However, his mind was not fixed entirely on escape. Instead, he was wondering whether it would be better to leave now, or stay and hunt Zara as he was. What he wanted was to cut the traitor’s throat as soon as he could, but logic tempered his black mood. He was tired, weak, and in pain; he had no weapon; and escaping with Bree was probably the only way for him to escape alive.

The two of them darted down staircase after staircase until they reached a likely looking floor. Bree darted to a slit-like window in the wall.

“Ground level,” she declared before darting away. “Where’d you figure Nuk is?”

“Ah…” Manarian stopped at a divided corridor. “A courtyard, or something. Maybe you could… just vaguely sense his general location? Because I have no idea.”

Bree shrugged, and her face blanked. A moment later, her face twisted with shared pain before she pointed down a hallway. “That way,” she gasped.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

54 Reviews

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:37 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ack! I didn't know this took off again! I need to post more! Hm, maybe some drama to add to the plot...

Brystianne

She ran to Nuk. Her legs burned, her back ached and her body sang with the residue from both hers and Nuk's last torture session. But they were going to make it out. They were going to be free. They had to. After everything, they were both going to get out alive.

Because if she had learned one thing, it was that she could not carry on without Nuk.

"This way, Manarian!" Brystianne gasped, sensing her dragon's mind much closer now. She pulled on his arm, urging him to follow her.

Her eyes shone brightly with unshed tears, that would remain that way, as well as hope for the three of them. They would make it out alive. This was really happening!

Brystianne! Nuk's strong spirit ran through her own.

Nukpano, she felt his strength and she gave him as much as she could without collapsing.

And turning the last corner she found her dragon standing, wings fluttering weakly at his side. Brystianne pushed her tired legs forward, running faster.

Brystianne! Nuk screamed to her with his mind again. This time she felt the warning in her head and saw it in his eyes. But it was too late.

Bree ran straight into another, very evil dragon. It's claws gripped her in an unbreakable cage. It was painful but Bree had reason to believe this dragon was to keep her alive.

Nukpano roared viciously and rammed the dragon. But Nuk was a storm dragon. He was fast and therefore built lighter and smaller than most dragons. However this new, evil dragon seemed to sense his anger and didn't like the feirce look on his face.

Bree felt the dragon clench her tigher and Nuk backed away, still in an attacking position, sensing the dragons threat to kill her. She held back a whimper as it's claws bite into her skin.

"You surprise me so much," Eighth sighed, walking towards them. "Here I was off to find little Zara and I see my two prisoners escape. You, the man and your dragon are starting to tire me."

Brystianne shot her a glare. "You'll lose, you know. I'll never give you what you want and I'll stop till I kill you."

Eighth gave her the most frightening grin. Still, she refused to back down or tremble with fear.

"Hm, but I wonder how you'll feel after I kill your dragon in front of your eyes?" Eighth asked. With a slight nod to the dragon holding me hostage, it flew over and knocked into Nuk.

But her dragon was fast. He dodged, but Bree sensed his thoughts. He was going to sacrifice himself for her. So, with one look in her direction, he let the ghost dragon plow him into the ground.

I'm sorry Bree, my true rider. You don't need me to fight back. I love you more than a dragon should his rider. But I do Bree. I love you. I have to do this to keep you safe. Eighth will leave you alone after this. I love you.

"Nuk!" Brystianne screamed, running toward them. It was a sound she knew would haunt anyone who heard it. "No! No! Take me! Take me!"

As Eighth drew back her arm to plunge the dagger into her dragon's soft underside and into his heart, Bree jumped in front of her.

Everything was still. She felt the surprise of everyone and then the searing pain in her gut as the sword was yanked out of her stomach.

Oh Nuk, you're safe. That's all I need. Safe. Take Manarian to safety as well. Be strong. I love you more than a rider should love her dragon. I love you Nuk. Stay safe.

Brystianne could barely afford the strength it took to send the message to him.

Then she feel to her knees as blood bubbled up out of her throat, spilling from her lips. She looked at Manarian's horrified expression.

"You, safe," she choked on the words, trying to force them out. "You and Nuk...safe. Together."

She gazed into her dragon's eyes as he lept up. She would never forget the expression of pain. It would have been mirrored on her own face if she would have let him die in her own place.

Oh, Bree! No! I can't leave you!

Manarian grabbed her up as he dragged them both onto Nuk's back and flew away. Bree sent one last message beofre she fell into darkness.

Yes, Nuk. Safe. I love you.

351 Reviews

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:01 am
ToritheMonster says...

*sniffle* Okay, is it bad that I'm teary? Perhaps it's cuz I'm overtired. *sniffle*

And I was even going to let them get away!But then! And... and!! *sniff*

Okay. Is Bree... dead? Or will she live?

24 Reviews

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:03 am
Kelcia says...

Well, Manarian's gonna try and save her. Best he can. But the ultimate decision is for WhiteTiger.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn