Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:22 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

Isaac was the most beautiful child I had ever saw. I knew Jess hasn't had a baby shower of any kind yet and I am most positively sure she would LOVE one. I smiled as I handed baby Isaac baby to Jessie and I tapped Adrian on the shoulder.

His smile remained and we both crept out into the hallway.

"Do you have all the invitations sent out yet?" he asked me.

"I'm actually going to hand give them out now, remember?" I asked, mockily.

We both laughed, it was only because he and I both wanted to do something amazing for our girl, well his girl and my best friend.

"Remember, DO NOT under any circumstances let her know anything about this." I told him in all seriousness.

He nodded. We both walked separate ways, he went into the room again and I went down the hall to the waiting room where everyone was standing while waiting to see the baby.

"You guys. This is your invitation to Jessie's baby shower. I also have a list of things in there that Jess doesn't have but really needs so it would be great if some of you can get it. And lastly, if you can't afford a gift on this short notice then that's okay too. Just show up!"

With that speech I handed everyone an invitation.

----

Walking back to Jess' room I had to get my car keys so I'd be able to drive once I got back to Jessie's house with her father.

"Mr. Gates will you bring me home, I have some errands to run." I told Jess' father. He smiled at the baby and looked at Jess reassuringly.

"You'll be okay?" he asked Jessie.

She nodded and continued gazing at Isaac.

I got my coat and he took his keys from the table. He also knew my plans because I needed his help in setting up things in such a huge house.

---

We got to his house and there was Philips car.

Jessie's dad went into the house, completely not even seeing the car.

I sighed, I didn't want or need drama in my life right now.

"Why are you even here right now?" I immediately asked him as he opened the car door.

"I heard you were planning Jessie's baby shower, I just wanted to offer my services." he replied.

I smiled to myself, not physically but mentally. I was happy that he was attempting to be a great guy.

"But.. I can't let you.. Jessie wouldn't like that. She doesn't want you around here or even near her child." I told him. Honesty is a bitch earned by only the best.

"She doesn't have to know."

I thought about it a moment and then handed him a list.

"My phone number is at the top of this list if you need me or have any questions but I need you to run to the store for me and grab these items. I would greatly appreciate it."

He kind of smiled and took the list.

His hand brushed mine, he was a lot warmer than I was.

I walked off, leaving him standing there and went into the house. It was busy time.

-----

The day finally came and everyone was starting to arrive. It seemed like everything was going as planned. Philip really came through and helped me with getting everything set up, which was so helpful since he was a guy.

"Okay you guys, they will be here any minute." I yelled.

I smiled as everyone got into their hiding spot, it felt like someone's birthday.

Adrian walked through and then everyone yelled surprise as Jessie entered. Luckily her dad was behind her with baby Isaac so it didn't disturb him.

Jessie was in disbelief. She even started to cry.

Just then I got a phone call. It was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Lee? This is Dr. Shaw you need to come to the hospital immediately. You were on April's emergency contact and I'm afraid I have some bad news."

I gasped.

"What.. what is it?" I choked.

"Come up here and ill explain everything." he told me.

The phone went silent.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:25 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

Right when Colette called me, I knew something had happened. The tone in her voice triggered all the alarms in my head. What also did it? She wouldn't let me touch her, kiss her, or... love her. She lied straight at me. I knew it wasn't true, how could you love someone one day and then lose that love the next?

I didn't want to leave. That was the last thing I wanted to do. But she made me feel like shit and I couldn't look at her any longer.

"Fuck!" I slammed my palm at the dashboard, unable to catch my breath. My vision blurred as I looked ahead of me, looking at my house.

It wasn't me. This was a mansion and it was my parents. They were barely even home, always out on business trips. Sometimes I believe that they forgot I even existed. The only person I had that made me feel real was Colette.

And she had forgotten about me too.

I had no one. Even Jessie was happy without me. The only person I could think of was Dafnie, but she was fucked up. She was chasing after a guy who had a girlfriend. And one anyone would want.

Hoping out of the car, I shut the door and felt a cool wind run down my back. Shivering, I walked over to the front entrance, sliding the key into the double doors. It swung open and the smell of apples flooded my nose. I rose an eyebrow and took steady steps towards the kitchen, gliding down the white hallways.

The maid would have greeted me. And no one said anything as I entered.

"Mom?" I asked as my jaw dropped.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:22 am
AlmondEyes says...

~Thorne~

I'd just left the hospital, pulling out of the parking lot and coming to a red light when my pone went off. It was Cole. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I answered.

"I need you." she gasped frantically, "Meet me in front of Starbucks."

"Cole," I frowned, "What's wrong?"

"Please," she sobbed before hanging up. "Please."

I didn't like the sound of her voice. As soon as the light turned green, I gunned the gas and headed straight for Starbucks. It doesn't take me long to get there as I pull up front, taking out my phone just as it rings. Agatha's name flashes on the screen. Just fucking great. I answer the phone.

"Where the hell are you?" Agatha spits. "Get your ass back here this instant you little witch."

She hangs up without waiting for a response. Well isn't this great. Now I would have to call Cole and cancel. Dialing her phone, she picked up on the first ring.

"Where are you?" she asked. "Are you here?"

"I am, but Agatha just called me back home. I'm so sorry." I sighed.

There was a beat of silence. "It's ok. Bye"

She hung up without another word. What the hell is this? Hang up on Thorne day? With another resigned sigh, I pulled away room the curb and headed home to face the dragon.

As I walk into the door, she doesn't waste time.

"Who do you think you're dealing with?" she snapped.

"I'm sor-"

"Shut your mouth you little tramp!" she hissed.

Without a word, she grabbed me by my hair and pulled hard. I went down, and she proceeded to drag me into the kitchen by my hair and then stuck my face in the sink where there were dishes. The dished I set in there earlier today forgot to do.

"I know I made it very clear that this house is to be kept clean at all times," she strained through her teeth. "What were you doing all day?"

I was too afraid to answer her question. The only thing I could concentrate on was the sound of my heart hammering in my chest right now.

"You are such an ungrateful little brat!" yelled. "Nothing but a useless home-wrecking whore like your mother."

"My mother wasn't a whore!" I pushed back against her, but she had all of the leverage.

"You shut your mouth when i'm talking to you!" she twisted the hand in my hair so hard I thought she was going to rip it out.

"Get off of me!" I cried.

"You dare to tell me what to do?" she laughed incredulously. "Fine. If you don't want to do the dishes, then make sure you never have to do them again."

Reaching over, she flipped the garbage disposal switch, and it reared to life, the sounds of the metal blades rotating blasted my ears as it came through the bottom of the sink. Then she grabbed my hand and tried to stick it down the drain. I screamed.

"No!" I jerked as she forced my hand closer to the drain. "Let go of me!"

Holy shit. Agatha was trying to stick my hand in the garbage disposal. She was trying to make mince meat out of my hand.

"LET GO OF ME!!" I screamed as I tried to buck her off of me. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS!"

"I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!" she screamed back. "YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A PIECE OF FILTH."

I screamed as my hand drew closer to the sink. Agatha was stronger than I realized. Much stronger than I realized as my hand began to disappear down the drain.

"Somebody help me!" I cried out. "Please!"

As I felt the blades proximity to my finger, all I could do was scream as I felt it cut into my flesh. My jerking and resisting would have made it even worse.

"AGATHA!" a voice roared from behind us, and she froze.

It was Abraham.

"What do you think you are doing?" he growled. "Have you lost your mind?"

"I had to teach her a lesson." she let go of me and I crumpled to to the ground clutching my hand to my chest as I rocked back and forth with tears running down my face.

I didn't realize how hard I was shaking, or how heavy I was breathing as she looked down at me.

"I believe she learned her lesson." she sneered down at me.

I met her gaze with one of heated anger, which made her smirk as she sauntered off.

"Come Abraham.We have to get you back to bed." Agatha touch his shoulder.

I pulled my hand away from my chest and looked at it. The large gash on my index and forefinger still oozed crimson, and felt like someone had set the tips on fire. Abraham looked at my hand before turning and heading off to bed. Pulling myself up on shaky legs, and bandaged my fingers and washed the dishes. My fingers began to bleed again as I finished, so I went to my room and bandaged them up again. After that, I took some old medication to help with the pain and then cried my self to sleep.

Waking up the next morning, I just grabbed a random shirt and some pants, got dressed, and headed to school. After Skyping with Merrick last night, I had fallen asleep like a baby at the sound of his voice. I vaguely remember hearing Dafnie's voice at one point, but I wasn't sure. Once I was at school, I headed to the girls' bathroom to clean and re wrap my fingers. Getting a text from Cole, I head out after i'm finished.

Spoiler! :
Sorry this took so long!! @Gravity sorry I had to break it up into two posts xD
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:10 am
Gravity says...

Jules

I jerked awake suddenly, hearing a flight attendant on the intercom.

"Ladies and gentleman it is currently 6 am and we are landing in Seattle in an hour, please gather your possessions and put on your seat belts to ready yourself for landing." I rubbed sleep out of my eyes, sitting up in my seat and rubbed my aching neck.

"Miss Mendoza," a flight attendant walked up to me, "Can I get you anything?" I was a minor flying alone on an international flight. Which meant a babysitter. Whoo.

"No, I'm okay," I said, my voice thick with sleep. The flight attendant walked away and I put my long black hair up in a messy bun.

Orange light shone around the cabin as the morning sun began to rise and I peered out the window, watching the trees go by as we flew over the suburbs of Seattle. I'd been on several planes before as I danced competitively which involved flying all over the world, but this time I would stay in one place for a while. I would be attending Lincoln Wood Private College Prep as a foreign exchange student. Well, a foreign student. My host parents didn't have children so there wasn't much to be said about the 'exchange' part.

We landed in a busy airport and I stepped off the plane, a member of the airport staff met me and walked me to the luggage claim and helped me with my 3 large suitcases.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, looking at the man, "I'm moving here and wasn't sure what to bring."

"It's alright," he smiled, weaving through the crowds with one of my suitcases while I rolled the other two, "I've seen much worse." It took a lot of finagling but eventually he took me to the end of the terminal where I would wait for my host parents.

"So you're from..." he checked my boarding pas, "England? You have a Spanish accent, not an English one."

"No," I said laughing, "I flew from Madrid. That's just the boarding pass from my layover flight."

"Ah," he said, coming to a stop at the bench, "Spain. Should've guessed." I sat quietly until an older couple walked in and I stood up.

"You must be Juliette," the woman said, her brown hair streaked with gray. She must've been in her mid fifties or so.

"Please, call me Jules," I smiled warmly at her as she clasped my hands.

"I'm Martha and this is my husband Sam," she gestured to a tall man with broad shoulders and gray hair, he must have been in his early sixties and he in turn clasped my hand.

"Thank you for letting me stay with you,"

"It's no problem," Martha replied, "We were disappointed that you couldn't get here sooner." she gestured to my suitcases, "Can we help with your bags?"

"Sure," I said, and we each took a bag and made our way out of the airport to their car. We ended up putting two suitcases in the trunk and one in the back with me. Sam drove while Martha sat in the passenger's seat and they chatted with me, telling me about house rules and dance classes and sometimes a whole lot of nothing.

"So how long have you been dancing?" Sam asked me, glancing at me in the rear-view mirror.

"13 years," I said, "I've been competing for 8."

"That's a long time," he said, "You must be really good."

"I am at some forms of dance but others not so much. Like for ballet, I'm not built like a ballet dancer because I'm short and have a wider build which is great for the cha-cha or for hip hop. But a ballet dancer would look ridiculous trying to do the cha-cha or hip hop because they look so thin."

"That makes sense," said Martha, "I took ballet when I was younger for a few years but then I got really into painting and decided to stop."

"Oh, you paint?" I asked and the conversation went on like that for a while.

When we pulled into the driveway I looked the house over. It was a brick, ranch style house that was easily the smallest on the block. But there was a giant oak tree in the front yard and a nice brown fence and the flower garden in the front gave everything a nice homey feel.

"It's small," Martha said, "We aren't wealthy but Sam used to work as a landscaper and he likes to keep up with the garden and I used my skill with paint to make everything seem more homey." We brought in my bags and I smiled as I stepped in.

She was right, the house was smaller but it was cozy. The front door led into a small alcove with a hallway on the left and a living room on the right. I could feel the carpet was soft even through my shoes. The walls were mostly painted a light yellow color, making the house seem airy and happy. The kitchen was small but traditional with a space off the side for a table and some chairs.

"Your room is this way," Martha said, leading me down the hall. I followed her, gasping as I stepped in.

The room was painted green, light green on 3 walls with a nice forest green on the wall the bed was pushed up against. On the wall opposite the bed there was a large mural of a tree but the branches curled and extended out. The end of the branches towards the bottom all had names on them with Martha and Sam's names at the base of the tree.

"Who were they?" I asked, letting my fingers touch the wall.

"Kids who stayed in this room before you. Sam and I could never have children so we decided to host foster kids and exchange students. We have had special times with each and every one so we had them paint their names on the branches before they left as part of our family tree." I smiled in wonder at the tree.

"It's beautiful," I said, "You're very talented." She thanked me as she helped me heave my bags on the bed. She opened my closet (which was small, but it was a walk in) and showed me the drawers to my dresser and end tables. It was a good sized room and the dark furniture added to the forest feel, especial with the vine pattern on the bedspread.

"You have two sets of sheets," Martha said, "I suggest you wash them once a week and alternate. You are welcome to use the washer and dryer, obviously and keep your things in the bathroom. Hang any pictures you want but try not to get anything on the carpet. If you do, I'm not one to yell but it does frustrate Sam. We don't tolerate sneaking out, lying or illegal substances in this house. But I trust that won't be a problem." She smiled warmly at me. "We simply ask that you respect this house and the people in it."

I nodded and gave her a hug. She seemed surprised at first but then she hugged me back. I was one out of 5 children. My Father was always away on business and my Mom was unpleasant. My family was ridiculously wealthy and we lived in a big house. Everyone had their own rooms and we never saw or spent time with each other. I was already fond of Martha and her warmth, it made me feel comfortable and welcome.

I spent the rest of the day packing and getting settled in and and Martha made lasagna for dinner. I went to bed early trying to sleep off the jetlag, watching the sun set through my bedroom window. I looked at the tree as I waited for sleep to come, realizing that I felt more at home here than I ever had in Spain.

Little did I know how much drama I would be dealing with at Lincoln Wood Private College Prep.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:39 pm
Ciblio says...

Jessie -- Isaac

Adrian pulled into the driveway, and I couldn't even imagine what was going to happen in the next ten minutes.

Isaac's small voice began screaming, and I glanced down to see that his binky had fallen out of his mouth-- picking it back up, I put it back in, and the car was silent again, with just the quiet hum of the engine.

"Do you want me to get him?" Adrian asks, and I nod once before he hops out, and opens my door for me. "Everything's in the trunk. I can get it after I put him inside."

I shake my head, "It's okay. I can get it."

He almost says something, but seems to stop himself-- as if remembering something, then nods, "Be careful."

Releasing a yawn, I slip out of the car, pop the trunk, then start grabbing things. A couple of gift bags, his diaper bag, and other random things that we'd brought. As I heaved another bag over my shoulder, I heard the car door shut, then Adrian say, "You got it?"

"Why wouldn't I?" I pause, and slump my shoulders, "I'm sorry. I'm really tired and just...can you shut the trunk?"

Adrian just lets out a laugh, and takes a step forward, reaching over me to slam it shut, "I understand. Don't apologize, Jess."

As my father suddenly pulled into the parking lot, I cleared my throat, and sighed as he hopped out of his car and wrapped his arms around me, "Hi, dad."

"Hi, hun," He says, breathlessly-- he seemed a little bit jumpy, plus he kept on looking towards the house. I wondered if he was okay. "Want me to take him, Adrian?"

Surprisingly, Adrian just nods with a smile, and let's my father take the car seat out of his hand, "Let's get inside, shall we?"

"Gladly," I grumble, and follow behind Adrian as he starts walking up the trail that led to the porch. He stops for a moment, turns around to face me, and proceeds to take bags out of my hands. After taking almost all of them, leaving the gift bags and diaper bag, he pecks me on the cheek, and turns around, continuing to follow the trail.

After pushing the door open, he steps in, me in tow, and suddenly, unexpectedly, noise erupts from the house.

"SURPRISEEE!"

Cheering. Screaming. Laughing. I thought maybe the TV was on, but once I got a better look...I realized that people were in here. A whole crowd. Friends. Some family, surprisingly. Isabelle stood next to Philip and a bunch of other familiar faces-- Collin, his sisters that I'd met once or twice, Jewels (who was a girl from my ex-group), and just...people. Balloons were pinned to the walls, streamers were curled and hanging everywhere, dozens of presents were mounted on a table in the corner, a long table held all kinds of snacks, and...tears pricked at my eyes.

A baby shower. I hadn't even thought of that. I figured I'd just buy everything after I got home, or something.

I was about to go over to Isabelle, ask her when she found the time to plan all of this, but she stepped away from the crowd, holding her phone to her ear. Her eyes were distant, and her jaw was slightly ajar. Something must've happened.

She shoved her phone in her pocket, then frantically looked around the room, as if searching for someone-- after her eyes landed on me, she rushed forward, her chest heaving.

"I've...I've gotta...I'm sorry, I want to be here for...I don't know what's-" she pauses, and catches her breath. "Something happened to April. I need to go."

I nod, and wipe my eyes, then hug her quickly, "Okay. Just...thank you, I love you, and tell me what's going on when you find out."

She said "okay" at least ten times, before grabbing her keys, and leaving. Hopefully April was okay. I'd only talked to her a couple of times, and I hoped those wouldn't be the only times I was given the chance to be her friend.

Adrian stood next to me, his arms now empty, and took the rest of the things out of my hands, then said, close to my ear, "Surprise."

I grin, and feel the tears sailing down my cheeks wildly, "You planned this?"

"Isabelle's idea," he smirks, "Thank her."

With another nod-- I noticed that I'd done that a lot lately-- I started sifting through the crowd, saying 'Hi' and 'Hey, how are you?' or 'I haven't seen you in forever!', and finally found my way to the back. Philip lurked against the wall, his phone perched in his hands as he reads something. The light from his screen illuminated his features, and I almost turned back to the crowd of people chattering loudly behind me before he glanced up.

"Jessie?" he says, and shoves his phone back in his pocket quickly, "Jessie. I..."

"Why're you here?" I snap, though, to be honest, I was almost glad he was. I hoped that he would at least try and be there for Isaac. The fact that he was here...well, it made me feel a little more confident in my sons future. "I-I mean...sorry. I'm tired and cranky."

"I can leave if you want...? It is your house, after all, and-"

I cut him off with a quick, "No," then add quietly, "I, um...want you to meet someone."

I stood with my arms crossed next to Adrian, who was still a bit irritated about Philip being here, and watched as the guy who'd gotten me pregnant fawned over the newborn cradled against his chest. Philip was sitting on the couch, with his back leaning against the cushions, and Isaac was wrapped protectively in his arms. He stared at the baby, and the more he held him, the more I started to notice the resemblance between them.

"What's your plan, Jess?" Adrian asked quietly, tearing his eyes away from the two for a moment to glance at me, before locking his gaze back on the boy-- as if saying, with an expression, that if Philip made one wrong move he'd be face-first on the ground with his arms pinned behind him in the span of 5 seconds.

I shrug, and rest my head on his broad shoulder, which was a little too high, "Just winging it."

He didn't say anything after that, and I was only slightly appreciative for that. Adrian slips an arm around my waist, and we just stand there, as Philip stares at Isaac with a sort of fascination/admiration(al?) look.

"Don't worry about it too much, Adrian," I mumble, and snuggle closer to his warm body, "Everything's going to go great."

Afterwards, when I finally got Isaac back, we started the games. Afterwards, we ate cake, then I was forced into a chair, that was highly decorated with streamers, buttons, and stickers that said 'Congrats!' and 'It's a Boy!', then 'You're a mom!' and lastly 'Say goodbye to your life!', which made me frown, but laugh at the same time.

I wondered how life could be this good. I've got the love of my life in my arms, an amazingly amazing French boy-- who'd promised to protect and care for both my son and I for as long as he could-- behind me, and I was surrounded by my loved ones, who were all laughing and talking and getting along, all at once.

I took in a breath, and released it a moment later, determined to enjoy this miracle moment given to me. I wasn't going to let it get ripped out from under my sore legs.

Spoiler! :
Done! How's this?
@Nike, let me know if I interpreted Philip wrong, okay?
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:32 pm
Nike says...

Philip Masterson
Spoiler! :
@GuyFieri you did great.

He was so small. How was that possible? How did all his organs fit inside his body? I know Adrian wasn't too happy that I was even here, let alone holding Isaac. But, Jessie let me. And I would be forever grateful for that. Because, she won't let me be around him. This will probably be the first and last time I see him, hold him.

You know how they say when a mother gives birth, she gets the motherly instinct. It's the same with the fathers. Right when I heard Jessie was in labor, I needed to be there. The asshole part of me went away for a while, showing my true self. The true self that wanted a family. That didn't want to ruin some girls' life because my dick wanted some action. I felt so bad... she didn't deserve this. She wanted to do so much and now she's stuck because of me.

I wanted to start a family when I was ready... and now it'll never happen.

He had my nose, it was obvious. And his eyes were his mother's, glistening and beautiful. I enjoyed hearing his breathe, it was quick, but soft.

"Thank you Jessie," I smiled up at her form the couch.

The party felt a million years away, I couldn't hear the hum of the music anymore, just the sound of Isaac.

She smiled, "No problem,"

No matter what, I think that Isaac came at the right time. Even though we all thing it's wrong. He's perfect.

"Okay, I think it's time for you to go." Adrian said all of a sudden, too uncomfortable with me.

My heart skipped a beat as I stood up with Isaac in my arms, sleeping. I swallowed hard and walked over to Jessie, handing her Isaac. My arms felt cold when he got into hers, leaving me wanting him back. Our eyes met but we said nothing to each other, I knew she still hates me.

"I'll see you guys later then." I said, walking around them and out of the room.

"Are you planning now to be a part of Isaac's life?" Adrian wasn't happy with me at all.

I turned on my heel and looked at him. He was glaring at me, his skin grew red. Jessie had looked over from him to me and then back.

"I'm not going to be, I already said I didn't want it." I replied quietly, not wanting to believe I've said this.

He nodded. "Are you sure? You don't seem like it."

"Adrian, I'm not going to ruin what you have here. I... I feel bad for what I did and I don't deserve Isaac. I really want to be there, but I just don't deserve it." I admitted.

But before they could say anything to me, I turned around and left her house, unable to stay here for another minute.

Spoiler! :
@Gravity @GuyFieri

46 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:32 pm
NicoleBri says...

April Elizabeth

"You're okay!" Isabelle yelled, a little too loud, once she got inside my room. I covered my eyes to shelter myself. Honestly, if it wasn't for Isabelle I wouldn't be in this predicament. If I wasn't in love with her, I'd be okay, and not in a hospital.

"Please. Stop." I told her. She looked at me, crying still, and then with her beautiful confused face she just stared at me. She's confused because she doesn't realize what she does to me.

Today made me come to terms with how I felt. Regardless of if the love was returned, I was hopelessly in love with my best friend. Being near death made me okay with that, but I just didn't know if I could keep watching her with everyone else.

"Isa... I.. I just don't want to do this anymore,"

"April... are.. are you breaking up with me?" she asked.

I kind of laughed, but it was to myself, she was crazy. I wasn't "breaking-up" with her.

"I told you how I felt about you Isabelle. Yes, we were best friends forever; but now I am in love with you. You are amazing in every way possible and I just can't sit around and watch you with other people. It might be selfish but, but I can't..."

Her tears were there and she walked out of the room. I knew I had hurt her, but she was, well, Isabelle. She will be okay. It seems to me that Jessie is her new best friend anyways.

----

A nurse came in with some food. Thank God. I was starving. I sat there and ate my food in silence. No one to talk to about how I feel or anything.

This was the start of a miserable life.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:17 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Adrian
The baby shower went really well, I could tell Jessie was completely surprised. Some people had to take off early because it was a Tuesday and they were missing school, but most stayed. Regardless, Jessie got everything she needed. Bottles, formula, diapers of all sizes and brands, clothes, a stroller, a swing for indoors, a crib, linens, baby food... so much stuff crowded her living room by the time everyone went home.

When we were finally alone with Isaac, Jessie clutched him in her arms and I kissed her.

"I'm so glad to be alone," she said, "I loved the baby shower but I get nervous letting everyone hold Isaac. And it can feel suffocating after a while." I nodded.

"I have another surprise for you," I said, smiling at her.

"Adrian, another surprise?"

"Yes. Isaac is going to stay with your Dad for the night and we are going out."

"I love the idea but I'm sore and I don't want to get dressed right now and I also really want to be with Isaac..."

"I understand," I said, "But keep in mind in about a week you're going to be sick of him screaming and crying and pooping. Plus where we're going you can stay in your jeans and your t shirt."

She gazed at Isaac longingly. "Okay," she said. "Okay."

So she tucked Isaac into his brand new crib under the watchful eye of her father, and then she got in the car with me. Her house was literally two minutes away from my apartment, and she instantly knew where we were going.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Just wait." I helped her up the stairs in the building and let us into my apartment. Her eyes widened when she saw a cradle in the corner with a mobile attached to it.

"What-"

"You and Isaac are welcome to stay with me whenever you like. Or just Isaac, or just you. Whichever you prefer. The cradle is for him and for you to keep here so he always has a place to sleep." She wrapped her arms around me and I breathed in, the citrus smell of her hair reaching my nose.

I walked over to the toaster oven, pulling out two plates.

"Of course you made dinner," she chuckled. And I also pulled out a bottle of Champagne.

"Because you can drink again, but not too much," I told her. "I brought this with me from France. It was a bitch to get through customs. But champagne technically isn't champagne unless it's shipped directly from Champagne, France." I poured her a flute and we sat at the table, eating our dinner and drinking champagne. We were both a little tipsy by the end of the night. We had had half of the bottle. 1/2 of a $300 bottle of champagne in one night. I was so glad she didn't see the bottle well enough to tell.

She stood up, a little unsure on her feet.

"Neither of us can drive," she giggled, clinging on to me.

"We can call your Dad to pick you up. Or I can sleep on the couch."

"No," she said, "My Dad would kill me. And no way am I letting you sleep on the couch."

She kissed me then, fiercely. Intensely. "You can sleep with me," she teased, pulling me back to the bedroom.

She shut the door behind her. "Jessie, we're tipsy." I said, "I'm not going to take advantage of you. And I haven't... er..." She looked at me, her eyes widening.

"I'm too sore for that anyway. And you've never...?" I shook my head after her question. That was me, Adrian. The last 17 year old virgin at Lincoln Wood.

"I understand," she said. She bit her lip, "But we can still have a little fun, right?" I felt something beneath my belt stir at that and I nodded, my mouth hungrily devouring hers.

I laid her gently across the bed, tugging on her lower lip with my teeth as she unbuttoned my shirt and pushed it off my shoulders, her fingers running over the slight muscles on my back. I was toned from working in the restaurant, hefting boxes and such. And she seemed to like that.

Her hips were wider and her breasts had gotten heavier than before she'd had Isaac and I enjoyed it. We continued to kiss, as gently as we could make ourselves be after her top came off. It didn't go any further than that but we kissed and explored until we were breathless, our chests heaving. We fell asleep in my bed that night, with her in my arms. Neither of us wearing more than underwear.

That morning we were awoken by the bright sunlight filtering in through the blinds, the sun painting gold across her blonde hair.

"Goodmorning," she murmured, kissing me.

"Goodmorning." I said, smiling against her lips. "I'm going to go make breakfast."

"No, don't leave," she grumbled playfully.

"I'll never leave," I said, kissing the top of her head just before getting up from bed to make her breakfast.

"You better not," she laughed, throwing a pillow at my head just before I closed the door behind me.

267 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:49 am
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

So, I packed up my things. And that was a lot of things. My mom was both excited and scared for me. One, going to England was a dream of mine. Two, I won't be near her for like a year and that's something none of us were prepared for.

Tears were staining my cheeks as I zipped up the second luggage. Soft music was playing from my radio, Coldplay.

"Honey, I'm running to the store. Be back soon!" My mom called from the kitchen.

I smiled to myself as my heart felt heavy. "Okay ma!"

I heard the door shut. My phone was lying on the bed, the screen was black. Yeah, I shouldn't be expecting anyone talking to me. Why should I? Maybe Merrick, I mean he helped me a few nights ago.

No, he wouldn't text me either.

Sighing, I sat down on my bed, looking at the two travel luggage's I had on the floor. The were black with scarves wrapped around the handles. And they were filled with me. I looked over the room and just noticed how big it was without my crap everywhere. Well, most of my stuff was still here. But it looked duller without the most essential items that I've packed away. A yeah without my shit would suck, so I had to bring something.

I took my phone from next to me and turned it on, scrolling through my text messages with Paul. My heart ached for him and I let him go.

Why was I so dumb.

Why did I do this to myself.

Why couldn't I be with him.

"Dafnie, I suggest you stop doing this." I told myself. "Cause you're ridiculous."

I pulled up a text message conversation with Rupert. But I slid all the way to last year. I made the mistake of deleting conversations before. Ones that I actually wanted to go back to. That's why I didn't delete his. No matter how badly he treated me, I liked to see that some times he really liked me.

A smile pulled at my cheeks as I read the messages. Him telling me how beautiful I was. How cool I was. And then his face came on my screen.

"Rupert?"

"Hey Daf... sorry I'm bothering you..." he paused.

"No, it's fine. I'm not doing anything."

"Uh, it's about Cole."

You know that feeling you get when you hope the guy is going to confess his undying love for you? That was me. I knew he was Colette's and I knew I didn't want him anymore. But he was my first... everything.

And also, all I wanted was someone.

"What happened?" I asked, ignoring my selfish thoughts.

"I don't know what happened, she's not herself... and she told me she doesn't love me anymore."

Fuck. My hearts raced, thinking back at the both of them. Of course she loved him. He changed for her. He was there for her through everything. Why wouldn't she love him?

Her thing was him. She left Hunter for him.

They were each others' person.

"That's bullshit," I huffed.

"No, it's not. It's the truth."

"I know you're saying the truth, I'm saying that that's bullshit... it sucks."

And then we were silent. Just us breathing and thinking. I still stared at my suitcases, now they looked like an omen. I couldn't leave Cole. But, I had to leave.

"Yeah, it fucking does." he sighed.

I swallowed hard, gripping my phone tighter.

"I miss you," I suddenly said, regretting it the next second.

"I miss you too," he replied without hesitation.

"What?" I asked.

I sat up straighter, eager to hear what he has to say.

"You were one of my good friends Daffy, I do want that back." a pause. "... and you're the one that got away."

There it was, he cracked. But it wasn't like he was proclaiming anything to me cause I felt nothing from it.

"But, I have Cole and I felt like she would be the next girl that got away. Until she wasn't. I got her and I want her. You were great, are great, but we both know it wouldn't work."

I nodded, as if he could actually see me. Relief flew through my body, leaving it cool. "Yeah, I don't think we would last." I giggled.

"I could see it now. Mostly sex and arguments... eh not too bad." he laughed along. "Phew, I needed that."

"Yeah, so did I."

We both paused for a moment, the tension was cool, it was one I wouldn't mind taking a nap in.

"Could you talk to her for me? She won't budge."

"I'll try, but I have like on day to do it, after that you're on your own. Maybe you made her mad?"

"Dafnie, she said she didn't love me."

My throat closed up. "Okay,"

"Alright," he replied. "Why one day?"

"Because I'm leaving." and then I hung up, not sure I wanted to continue that conversation.

Spoiler! :

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:30 pm
Ciblio says...

Jessie

My eyes opened to rays of sunlight gleaming through the blinds across from us. Adrian's arms were wrapped around me, and I felt a sickening, empty feeling-- I missed my baby.

"Good morning," the words slip between my lips, and I press my lips to his before my mind begins to panic.

"Good morning," he says back, his lips forming a smile against my own. "I'm going to make breakfast."

Well, there goes my sanity.

In a desperate attempt to not show concern, for my newborn who was at my house with my father, I grumble a, "No, don't leave," and flick my eyes up at him.

"I'll never leave," he pushes himself up, presses his lips to the top of my head, then climbs out of the bed. A blush creeps up on my cheeks, as I take notice of how he hadn't dressed yet.

"You better not!" I hope he doesn't turn around, because I was sure that he'd see how red I was, which would probably worry him and I didn't want that. I lift a pillow up, and toss it at him, (accidentally) hitting him in the head. I was glad that the pillow wasn't a solid object. Not that I would've thrown a soli- you know what, never mind. I'm confusing myself.

As he disappears behind the door, it shutting with a soft 'click', I roll over on my side and grab my jeans from the ground. Rummaging through the pockets, I finally pull out my phone, toss the jeans back down, then hit the button, causing it to turn on.

Unlocking it, I hit call, and find my dad's contact. As it began ringing, I held the phone to my ear expectantly, as if automatically I'd hear the cry of my baby. It rang one more time before my father picked up, yet the cries that I'd been waiting for didn't come out.

"Hi, princess," Dad's deep, husky voice greets from the other line. He sounded tired. I close my eyes, and take in a breath. "How'd everything go?"

"Fine...it went fine," I pause, still waiting for the crying. "Is Isaac okay? How was he during the night? Did he drink all the breastmilk I left for him? How-"

"Jessie, honey," his voice cut in, followed by a joyful laugh. "He's great. Amazing, even. He's actually asleep right now. He woke up a few times, hungry, so I'd give him a 3 ounce bottle of breastmilk, then he'd fall back asleep. There's still a bag left in the freezer. Now, today's your day off, before you have to come back to being a parent. I want you to enjoy this. What're you doing now?"

Taking this in, I let my shoulders relax, as they'd been tensed, and rub my forehead with my free hand, "Laying in bed, waiting for Adrian to bring me breakfast."

"That's good, work that boy like a slave," he laughs at this, then apologizes, "I'm kidding. I like him, though. He's a sweet boy. And I respect him for stepping up for you."

I smile, and nod, even though he couldn't see me, "Yeah, I know."

The smell of bacon drifted throughout the house, and slithered into Adrian's room. I inhale the smell, and yawn.

"Listen, hun, I've got some paperwork to do, so I'm going to work on it while Isaac is asleep. Enjoy the rest of your day, okay?" he says hurriedly, "I love you."

"Give him kisses for me, dad. And I love you, too," I grumble, and wait until the line does dead, then toss my phone on the nightstand beside me.

I wasn't sure how much longer it was, but before I knew it, the door was kicked open gently, and Adrian sauntered in with plates of breakfast balanced on his arms.

"Bonjour, canard," I grin-- certain that I'd said that wrong-- and sit up, holding the blanket to my chest, since I didn't have a shirt on. He seemed to notice this, but didn't say anything; just smiled and began sitting plates in front of me. "You are such an over-achiever."

"You realize you just called me a duck, right?" Adrian chuckles as he makes his way over to the bed, moving gracefully and quickly, despite the plates on his arms.

As soon as he gets to the bed and lays the last plate down, he slips onto the matress, avoiding the gourmet dishes, and leans on one elbow with a feverish tint to his cheeks-- I assumed that it was from standing over the stove. I lean forward, until my lips touch him, and he kisses back gently. Before too long, he pulls away, his lips perking up at the corners.

"Before you start going on about what all of this is," I begin, glancing up at him. "I wanted to tell you that..."

...that I've decided to let Philip have visitation, every other weekend on Saturdays-- each visit only lasting 3 hours, with either Adrian, or myself, there to supervise.

For some reason, I couldn't find my words-- my mind went blank, and I just...I couldn't think. Everything came back to me after a moment, and Adrian was staring at me with a brow raised.

"You wanted to tell me what?" With his chocolate eyes peering into my own orbs, and his brown hair falling into his face, I wanted to attack him then and there. Kiss him, touch him, just be with him. But I tore my eyes away from his.

"I'm going to let Philip see Isaac," I say, quietly at first, then, "I'm going to let him have visitation."

He seems to be shocked by this information, and as he took in this new idea, he seemed to grow a little unpleasant about it.

"Pourquoi?" He frowns, the word rolling with his tongue, so naturally and comfortably, then pushes himself up into a sitting position. "Sorry...why?"

I purse my lips together, and pick at a flaky croissant, "I feel like I owe it to him."

"You don't owe anything to him, Jess," he says reassuringly, his voice low and soft, "But...if this is something you want."

"If...if we hadn't gotten together that night, I wouldn't have Isaac. At first, I thought my life was going to be ruined, and I'd be disowned. But I've met the love of my life, Adrian. I've seen heaven, and inside the eyes of a three day old baby boy. Maybe I'm young. Maybe...the hookup was a mistake. But the outcome wasn't. Philip deserves something. Anything," as soon as I'd started talking, I couldn't stop. It was all coming from nowhere. Everywhere. From my heart. Mind. I sniffled, and continued with, "This is what I want. And...to make you feel better, he'll only have visitation every other Saturday, from 2-4 PM, with either me or you there to supervise."

Thankfully, he seemed to relax a little at this. I suddenly felt guilty for bringing all of this up now, after he'd made me breakfast in bed and given me a day off.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, and lean forward again until our lips are brushing each other, "Thank you for breakfast. It smells great."

He's quiet for a moment, then closes the space between our faces, and our lips move together, dancing to the beat of our own hearts. After a good two or three minutes, he pulls away, both of us attempting to catch our breaths, and he says, "It's okay, really...and you're welcome. I actually made the croissants with some freshly-squeezed tangerines, and..."

I listened, intently, as he continued to explain how he'd made things (of course, this was after I'd ASKED how he'd made them), and munched on strawberries, an omelet, then the croissant he'd been talking about.

His eyes glistened as he spoke about this, and after a couple more minutes, I tear off a piece of the croissant, and, as gently as I could, pushed the piece into his mouth. He begins laughing, after I did that, so hard that he'd nearly choked on the doughy bread.

Once his laughing fit was over, he leaned back against his pillows, and said, "You know, you could've just told me to shut up."

"I did," I reply with a grin, before rolling over, almost on top of him, and rest my head on his torso, fully aware that the sheet had been twisted off of me, and my ass was pretty much fully uncovered, revealing my panda-printed underwear. Ignoring this, I munch on the last bite of the croissant that tasted slightly like oranges, and savored this moment.

Spoiler! :
@Gravity, tell me if I messed up Adrian's character?
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

271 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:20 pm
Gravity says...

Cole
I went to school that day dressed in sweatpants and a baggy sweater. I got weird looks as I hobbled along on my crutches, wearing a sweater in late May. A lot of people were gone and I heard a rumor they were at Jessie's baby shower. But not Rupert. Rupert was there.

"Cole," he passed me in the hallway and his lips sounded desperate as they formed my name. But I kept walking.

"Colette!" and I spun around.

"What?" I snapped at him, a few people giving me a strange look. Didn't he know I was doing this for his own good? Because I loved him?

"What is with you, lately? I love you and you say you don't love me but I don't believe that."

"Oh really?" I laughed but it was without humor. I wanted to cry. I loved Rupert, I needed him, but I couldn't risk him being targeted by Dave. The person who... who...

"You are so full of yourself," I said, putting as much anger and menace into my voice as possible, "You've been the golden boy for so many years, always the guy who could get any girl he wanted," a hurt expression crossed his face as I brought up his past, "Not only that but you have no hobbies, no dreams, no work ethic. You think I care about you? I don't. You're not even that good in bed," I spat. This time a group of freshman girls looked at us and giggled, taking out their phones and texting people. This conversation would be around school by the end of the week.

"Yeah, how would you know? You were a virgin," he shot back. He took my hand. "I know you are somewhere in there and I don't know what's making you act like this. But I want my girlfriend back."

"Don't touch me," I yanked my wrist away, reminded of Dave. How he held me down and... and...

"Keep your hands off me," I said, "I don't love you anymore. You need to get over yourself. And as for your girlfriend? She wisened up and moved on. It's over." I spun on my heel and walked away so he couldn't see the tears pooling in my eyes. The last thing I saw was the hurt look in his eyes and it was then I knew he was finally beginning to believe me.

I hobbled on my crutches the best I could to the bathroom, the one Thorne usually used before 1st period.

"Thorne," I sobbed and she turned around, immediately concerned.

"Cole! What's wrong?" I sank to the ground, letting my crutches drop beside me as I sobbed into the sleeves of my sweater. She sat down next to me, wrapping her arms around me though I could tell she felt awkward doing so.

"I broke up with Rupert," I wheezed, wiping the snot off my nose.

"You love Rupert. Why would you do that?" I kept sucking in air and pushing it out, the way a little kid does after crying.

"B-b-b-because," I stammered.

"You can tell me," she said.

"You can't tell anyone," I replied. She stayed silent and I knew she wouldn't tell.

"I was raped."

Her jaw dropped. "Rupert? He wouldn't-"

"No, not Rupert." I said, "Someone else. Someone else with a lot of money and a lot of power to ruin anybody I might tell. To arrange for their death or worse." That was true. Dave seemed like an ordinary guy but he owned a company that made parts for the military and he was ridiculously wealthy.

"I thought," I heaved for air, "I thought you would understand. I know you like to keep it under wraps but I see the bruises you come in with everyday. I know you're abused by someone. I'm not sure who but I see it." She stayed silent.

"I don't know what to tell you," she said, after a long pause. "When did this happen?"

"The night Jessie went into labor. Two nights ago."

"Did you get a rape kit?" she asked. I shook my head, I hadn't thought of that.

"You have no proof," said Thorne, "You have no protection. No one to keep you safe from this person, whoever they are."

"So what do I do?" I asked.

"You either need to get proof or you need to get far away from here. As soon as possible."

267 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:55 pm
Nike says...

Paul Jenkins

Isabelle had to go check on April, something had happened to her. Which meant that I had been at the baby shower by myself, ignoring the fact that Dafnie didn't even show up to her friends' event.

It was nice though, and fun. Jessie looked very happy and Adrian was always at her side. Philip had come, but not for too long. I enjoyed myself and left Jessie a gift, a soft blue blanket for the little one. I hope Isaac likes it.

Now I was at work, checking the inventory in the back. We were restocking in the front before closing. Not a lot of people showed up around this time because even they knew we didn't want to be bothered. There were only five of us right now, and it was all that was needed.

"Hey, Paul, we need a stack of Venti cups!" a coallege of mine, Vincent yelled.

I looked around the boxes and found one just at my left with the label VENTI over it. This was a small room, as big as a typical walk in closet. Boxes were lining the walls since we just got a shipment. I picked it up from the pile and turned around, headed down the hallway back to the front.

Vincent was the guy with the beard and seemed like the hipster king. He was standing at the register, counting the money. I walked over, opening the box and starting to slip them into their places.

Kelsi was cleaning the floors, brooming up the crumbs. She was probably the shortest girl I knew. Her dark skin reminded me of hot chocolate, and she loved when I called her cocoa. She embraced it even, let us all call her that. We all had nicknames here, and I think we will forever live with them.

"Okay," I said as I slipped the last one in, holding the box. "I think we're done."

"Yup," Vincent nodded.

I walked around him, back to the back to put the box in the recycling bin we had next to the storage room. I stuffed it in and then went to the front, eyeing everything. The other two co-workers showed themselves finally. It was Eugene and Veronica.

"Where were you guys?" I asked.

"Cleaning the bathrooms... dude, someone shit all over the walls." Eugene commented, his brown eyes got wide as he spoke.

"Oh jeez," I huffed.

Veronica had started to play with her platinum blonde hair as she texted away on her phone. Sighing, I started to shut off the lights as we made our way to the front door with our things.

"Who's early manager tomorrow?" I asked Eugene.

"Me," he paused. "See you guys bright and early!"

We laughed and made our way home. Once I got into my car I checked my phone for any calls or messages. The only thing I had was a thank you from Jessie and a voicemail from Isabelle.

I clicked her message and listened. There was nothing. It was silent. Must have been a butt dial. I decided to text her.

Butt dial?

And then I made my way back home.

Spoiler! :
@NicoleBri @GuyFieri

46 Reviews

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:08 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

So, April officially stopped being my best friend. After everything I did for her EVER she just left me. And worse than that, she laughed about it.

After I left the hospital I stopped crying. I didn't have anyone to talk to and it was 8:30 at night. I drove back to Jessie's and luckily she wasn't home tonight. I didn't want her to stop me from going out, she knew how I was when I was upset and I just needed a beer. I knew people who'd buy me them so I had no problems.

I got dressed into a pink tank top and skinny jeans and white 4 inch heels. They were my favorite pair.

"Where are you going?" Jessie's father had asked as I began my walk through the living room.

"Just out. I probably won't be back tonight so I guess have a good night." I told him. He didn't seem happy but he knew he couldn't stop me. After all he wasn't my parent.

--

I got in the car and my phone was buzzing.

Butt dial?

It was Paul.

Oh lord. I didn't even know I butt dialed him. Smirking to myself I end up texting back while in the drive way still.

Yup. Sorry. I do that a lot, lol. Well I will text you tomorrow. I love you. Goodnight.

I sent the text.

Honestly, Paul and I weren't like we were when we first got together. Mostly it was because he wanted to be with Dafnie, not me. He and she can deny it all they want but... I know better.

---

I got to the club know as Re-Bar which was pretty popular in Seattle. Sitting on a stool I just sat there and listened to the pop music. Ugh, really, you should only go out with your friends, not alone.

"You want a drink?" some random guy asked.

"Actually yes. A shot of vodka would be great." I told him.

He walked to the bar and then brought back 3 shots of vodka and 2 margarita's. Indeed, I was going to be sick by the end of this lovely night.

---

Four shots of vodka and 1 margarita later, I was almost fully fucked up.

"Isabelle?" I heard someone say my name and I turned to the voice. My mouth dropped.

"James?..." my heart sank.

He was just as gorgeous as he used to be.

(Yes. We go to the same school but I never saw him. I guess when we stopped talking.. he just wasn't around to find.)

"How... how are you?" I asked him.

He smiled. His smile always melted my heart.

"I've been great actually. Being a senior this year I only had 2 classes."

Sighing, I couldn't stop staring at him.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he took a seat beside me.

I shook my head yes.

"I think you should go home babe, you looked... well... fucked up."

I rolled my eyes, I already knew this.

----

He drove me to his place. Was I supposed to be going there? Ha. No. Not by a long shot. Did I want too? Oh yes. Was I going to regret this in the morning? Oh hell yes.

I missed him. We used to talk every day.. until he had asked me to be his girlfriend when we were like 15. Honestly, I wasn't ready then.. but now? I still felt like I could talk to him about anything.

"I've missed you." I told him as we stumbled into his apartment. He didn't reply to what I was saying.

"Sit. You can sleep here tonight." He told me.

I loved the way he always knew how to help a person in need. I fell onto his couch and just laid there. His scent was everywhere.

He finally came and sat beside me.

"You were so great to me James. And I let you get away. You were the best thing that had happened to me in a long time. You knew everything in my life and supported all of my shitty decisions and over one little question, I let you slip away.."

"Stop Iz. You don't have to say any of this. You are drunk. You might be right but stop... I know you and Paul are together. I know everything there is to know about you. Now please, go to sleep."

Spoiler! :
Hehe, James definitely has morals. <3 And that is what makes him the Great person he is. None of you have gotten to know him but in my little time of writing about him in the character slot.. I know he is loyal. Conceited, maybe a smart ass, but so morally loyal.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:42 am
Gravity says...

Jules
There were a lot of people missing from my classes when I followed my schedule on Tuesday and I heard rumors of a baby shower. I exhaled, already disliking the drama. I also greatly disliked the snotty rich boys who appraised my latina curves and decided they would be derogatory about it. I liked being flirted with, but never being whistled at.

I appraised myself in the bathroom mirror between homeroom and 1st period (spanish, oddly enough). I had worn high waisted shorts with a white tank top (tucked in) and a long, light pink cardigan. The pink looked nice with my caramel colored skin and my dark hair fell down my back in waves.

The bell rang and I hurried to class, stopping to speak to Profe Rosene.

"I'm Jules," I said, "I'm the exchange student from France." He looked at me blankly but then a lightbulb seemingly went off in his head.

"Oh yes, I remember. You can sit there," he pointed to an empty seat in the back of the room. "April usually sits in the desk right next to it. Unfortunately she's not going to be at school for a while but when she comes back I think you two would get along, she's a quiet girl but very nice and seems to learn Spanish well." He said all of this in rapid Spanish which I liked.

"What exactly am I doing in this class?" I asked Profe.

"You're here to help other students who are struggling with Spanish. It's part of the exchange program."

The teacher turned to address the rest of the class. "We have a new student, her name is Juliette and she's an exchange student from Spain. She's a native Spanish speaker so if you have any trouble with the vocab, grammar, or fluency, ask her."

I walked to the desk he had pointed out, staring at the one next to it. I wondered about what had happened to April and when she would be back. It was already pretty late in the year and school got out in a month and a half. Everybody was prepping for finals. Would she make it back?

I spent the class period wondering before walking out into the hall, staring at my class schedule. The bell rang a few minutes later and the halls cleared, I realized I had nowhere to go. Then, I was knocked suddenly on my butt by a boy rushing by me.

"Oof!" I felt my ankle twist a little bit and winced, hoping it was nothing serious. The boy stopped and he turned around.

"I'm so sorry," he said, "Are you hurt?" he came to help me up.

"Yes, but I'm not sure about my ankle. I think I can walk but I don't know if I can dance. And I have a charity event later..." I pointed and unpointed my toes in my converse, not sure how my foot would fare.

"Wow," he said, "Pretty and generous. What event?" his tone was flirtatious but kind.

"I'm new here and my dance studio was going to the rehabilitation section of the local hospital to teach people with motion difficulties basic dance stretches and warm ups to help with their physical therapy."

"No wonder. I know I would've remembered someone like you walking around the halls. And that sounds like fun, I suppose. Do you think you can dance?" he looked at my ankle, doubting.

"I have strong ankles, but lets see." I stood in fifth position, my feet close together and parallel to eachother. I slowly elevated myself on my toes, making sure my ankles were locked tightly. could easily rise on converses which is why I wore them so often. Once I made it to my toes, I held my position before dropping down. Afterwards, I stepped back, spinning myself in a fouette turns, my leg reaching out and then pumping back in to increase my momentum. My converse squeaked on the linoleum floor.

I did about 10 foutte turns before I landed gracefully, my elevated leg placed behind me with my arms out. Part of me relished showing off, seeing the impressed expression on his face as I turned. The other part of me had been legitimately scared I wouldn't be able to attend the event. Both parts had worked out I suppose, I'd turned with ease and the boy looked at me, impressed.

"You're really good," he said.

"Thanks," I replied, "I'm Jules."

"I'm James," he put his hand out for my schedule. "Let me show you to your class."

Spoiler! :

46 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:14 pm
NicoleBri says...

James Harper

Isabelle... how could she have gotten so drunk like that.. I mean why? I was asking myself that the whole walk through the hall when all of a sudden oof there went someone falling to the ground.

I turned quickly to help her up and she had been a good dancer; I'm happy she didn't hurt herself too bad being that she has dancing to do later.

Looking at her schedule, her next class was an AP Math class, same as mine.

"Oh wow, looks like we have a class together. My last class of the day." I told her as we began walking.

"But it is only 9:15 in the morning." she said, confusedly.

"Well... I'm a senior. I only have two classes because during my other three I took a lot of AP classes and took some extras."

"You have a pretty name by the way." I told her. She smiled and I could see hints of red, her dark skin was pretty too but I wasn't going to tell her that.

"So uhm, this is the class. I... I'll meet you in there in a few minutes.. I gotta go do some stuff." I told her.

She took a deep breath and then walked into the classroom. I bet she was nervous.

--

Once I left the classroom I headed straight to Isabelle's locker. I needed to talk to her while she was sober.

--

"Oh no. Please don't say a word about last night... I was so drunk it was fucking pathetic." Isabelle rambled.

I always thought it was funny how she knew what I wanted to talk about every time I saw her. She was still as pretty as I remembered..

"We have to talk about it though. Regardless of how annoyed you are." I told her. She was not going to run off on me this time.

"Fine.. I'll be at your house at seven."

I smiled. This would be the time to get to know her again.

-----

After I went back to my last class I saw Jules talking to a girl named Monica, they were all paired up in groups of two so I just decided to take this time and leave class. I skipped class many times so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I got in my car and began the drive. I saw Daf's vehicle home and was thinking about stopping over for a minute but decided against it. I didn't need to hang around with Isabelle's crowd of people. I had my own.

When I got to my apartment I scrolled through my phone. I had plenty of texts from all different people and a few missed calls from my aunt.

James. I miss you. Could we maybe get together Friday night? ;) a text from my ex, Taylor. I sighed, she broke up with me and yet she still can't get enough.

I had to look at myself in the mirror, I knew I looked good.

Spoiler! :
@Gravity it wasn't much haha, but it will get better later! :)

- Ayn Rand

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna lay down and become a tomato for a while.
— RokitaVivi