z

Young Writers Society

Hunger Games 3 - closed - started

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:52 pm
Calligraphy says...

eventually if you keep not killing each other the gamemaker will have to do something...

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Victor

He was at the fountain. My final opponent and it wasn't who I was expecting. I didn't know much about Taylor but he must be strong to have beaten Specs. My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden pain in the back of my leg. It was strong and almost brought me to my knees. The poison was spreading quickly. I didn't have time to think, I had to act.

To be honest, I would have preferred to face Specs. I knew him and he was weak compared to me, the unknowns of facing Taylor were almost too much. I wanted to charge in, but I was afraid. I needed the safety of my traps, but they were far behind me. Something told me that we would have to face each other directly. The poison on Sparkle's sword made sure of that. I gripped her sword in one hand and my dagger in the other and I moved to the fountain.

My footsteps were loud and I made no attempt to muffle them. Taylor heard me and straightened up as I approached. I tried my best to hide the pain I was feeling. If Taylor knew that I was poisoned, he would know that all he had to do was wait for me to die. I wanted him to think that I was in relatively good shape.

"Welcome to the final two." I said breathlessly. I sounded weak. I couldn't hide the pain in my voice.

"Yeah." Taylore said, "No way around it. One of us has to die."

I nodded and tried to run forward to charge him directly, but the pain stopped me. I fell to my knees yelling in pain. It was too much, but I had to get up. All I had to do was kill him and the capitol will make the pain go away. With another yell I slowly got back up to my feet.

"One. More. Fight." I whispered to myself, "I. Hope you're. Proud." I addressed my last statement to my parents. The entire games, all I was doing was trying to make them proud. Talking took too much energy. I would fight Taylor and kill him without another word.

Victor is very weak. If you want, you can end it, or you can give it one more post each. Victor is not going down without a fight, though.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:45 pm
Amfliflier says...

I haven't really had a whole lot of time to make a new post, but I just wanted to let you know I still want to be in this! Give me a few days and I'll probably have a new post by then! :)
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

45 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:15 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Ok, no problem with me. Thanks for the update! :D

Will review for food!

151 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:46 am
Amfliflier says...

Taylor Silk Looks like I had more time than I thought! xD

We stood up by the fountain, sizing each other up. He was bigger than me, but not by much. I'm not quite sure why I was so tall. All I had done my whole life was sit and sew things. Not the manliest job in the world. I concentrated at the task at hand: Killing Victor. He seemed like he was in pretty good shape, no major wounds.

Wait, there was something green on the back of his ankle. It looked like a small cut that was oozing something. He looked more pale than he did before, and it made his bloodshot eyes pop. There were beads of sweat on his forehead. He must have an infection. Then again, I wasn't in the best shape either. My foot was badly burned and it hurt to stand. My whole body felt like it had a bad sunburn, and regular burns on top of that. It hurt to breathe from all the smoke, and I was tired.

He interrupted my thoughts by charging at me. He must've been very weak, because he fell flat on his face. I tried not to laugh, but he apparently heard me. He glared at me and barely whispered, "You're dead meat, shrimp." He seemed very weak, but very determined. He got up slowly, holding his sword. The strange green liquid was on the sword too. I knew what it was now. Poison. And I knew he wanted to kill me with it. Maybe winning wouldn't be so easy after all.

One more post I guess. Taylor's probably gonna get hit with the sword, and the poison is going to start working. Go ahead! Take a swing at him! Don't kill him though!
Forever for All <3

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 am
Funkymomo says...

finish it
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

45 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:16 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Victor

Taylor's confidence completely faded when he saw my sword. The poison was only going to kill one tribute today and it wasn't going to be me. I got to one knee and threw my dagger at him. He dodged it but it gave me enough time to get up and close the distance on him. I swung the sword and Taylor rolled out of the way. As he tried to get up, I took another swing making him stumble back.

"One. Touch." I said weakly as I stumbled towards him. Taylor was on the defensive. All I had to do was maintain the pressure on him and it was only a matter of time before I hit home. No more thinking, just killing. I had done enough thinking. After I won, my parents would finally be proud. They would accept me for who I am. Faults and all. I swung the sword again. Taylor tried to roll out of the way, but I was still able to manage a graze on his shoulder. Deep enough to draw blood which meant we were both on borrowed time.

Taylor yelled out in pain. A burning pain that I was familiar with but he still managed to hold onto his weapons. I stepped forward to take another swing, but my ankle suddenly screamed with a burning pain. I stumbled and fell to my knees. Taylor was able to recover in this time and get to his feet. I hadn't looked before, but he was badly burnt which slowed him down considerably. If I had more time, I could easily lure him into a trap and finish him, but there was no time. The pain was unbearable and I knew that my time was short. Taylor was poisoned, but he had more time than me. I had to just hope that he couldn't take the pain or be slowed enough for me to finish him quickly.

My vision went dark for a short period. I blinked hard and slowly got to my feet. Taylor was approaching slowly. I still had the advantage of reach. In an attempt to keep that, I swung my sword hoping to make him stumble at least, but he was prepared for it and blocked with his dagger. My sword locked onto the handle and we started a test of strength. I was weak, but so was he so our fight stayed at a standstill as we both tried to out muscle each other.

"Give. Up." I said.

"I've made it this far," Taylor responded, "I am not going to lose to a cowardly trapper."

I made another push on Taylor, but another sharp pain in my ankle made me lose concentration and Taylor pushed me back instead. I almost dropped my sword but was able to put enough strength into my hand to hold on. Thing was that my concentration was shot and Taylor was taking advantage of that. While I was stumbling, he pulled Specs's tazor out of his pocket and jabbed me with it. The pain from the shock was instant and impossible to overcome. I fell flat on my back dropping my sword. I couldn't move.

"No." I gasped as Taylor stepped towards me, "Please. Make it quick." That was the last of my strength. There was no way I had anything left. I tried. Maybe my parents would be proud that I made it as far as I did. After all, I did it all for them. Maybe in death I could do them proud. I closed my eyes and waited for the end.

Thanks for the last post. I like writing fights. Go ahead and finish it. I think this has gone long enough.

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:32 pm
Calligraphy says...

Ahhh I just want to find out the ending! XD

151 Reviews

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:01 pm
Amfliflier says...

I'll hopefully finish it today! :)
Forever for All <3

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:36 pm
Blueskysummer says...

(in Mortal Combat style)
FINISH HIM

*Bum bum buuuummm!*
Hmmm...this snake is called a "Water Moccasin" so in THEORY I should be able to strap them to my feet and cross this river like Jesus?

Hush. Optimus is speaking.

"I get it, the first rule of robot fight club is you don't talk about robot fight club." -Jack, Transformers Prime

151 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:37 pm
Amfliflier says...

I didn't realize people were still following this! I thought it was just the 3 of us! xD I'm trying to find time to post, I guarantee I will have it done in a few days!
Forever for All <3

151 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:29 pm
Amfliflier says...

Taylor Silk

"Please." He was out of breath. "Make it quick." He pleaded. He looked up at me one last time before squeezing his eyes closed, waiting for the end. I took a deep breath, and I shoved the knife through his neck. He gasped for breath, but no air came. Only blood. This was probably the bloodiest kill I'd had the whole Game. Maybe it was symbolic, but I thought it was a cruel joke.

I stumbled backwards, feeling the poison seep through my veins. I sat down hard, hyperventilating. I barely heard the cannon, because all I could hear was the blood pounding in my ears. I covered them with my hands and rocked back and forth, trying to wake myself up from this nightmare.

I could feel Victor's blood trickling down the incline, and it gathered in a pool around me. The sticky wetness kept reminding me of what I'd just done. Not just to Victor, but to everyone else I'd killed along the way. It reminded me of Sparkle, and how she'd helped me along the way. It reminded me of Red, how I hadn't trusted him, and because of me he'd lost his life. All the memories of the Games flooded into my head, and it was too much.

I screamed to the sky. I screamed to my sister, who had died before her time, along with everyone else who had been in this thing that the Capitol considered entertainment. The hovercar was getting closer, and I could hear the Gamemaker's voice congratulating me on my victory.

I wanted to give the government a piece of my mind.

"There! I hope you're happy!" My voice was getting droned out the hovercraft, but I wasn't finished. "Innocent children died because of you!" I was getting choked up. "How would you feel if it was you're children, huh?" I couldn't do it anymore. I completely broke down. I sobbed and sobbed as the hovercraft took me away. I would find a way to end the Hunger Games. I just had to.

Victor Marks dead. Thanks so much you guys! This was fun, no matter how sick that sounds (xD), and I'm sorry if it wasn't the best ending post. It's kinda short, I know, but this has been going on for a LONG time. Thanks again! :)
Forever for All <3

Random avatar

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:00 pm
Calligraphy says...

O.K. so now that we are done with it! (awesome ending by the way) Is anyone interested in me starting another one? This time I wouldn't make a character. I was thinking same Disney world, but have it be almost constantly raining and kind of like a tropical forests. I would take a bunch of poisonous plants and add them. Plus all the places there is water would be slowly overflowing. So in certain places you may be wading through waist deep water. Does anyone else have other ideas?

45 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Yay! That was an awesome ending. Also, I would be interested and I do like that idea... Or we could do a winter (or colder) one. That was always something that I wanted to try. Just another suggestion, but I'm also cool with what you proposed.

Will review for food!

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:28 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

I definitely think you should start a new one. Although I would add some types of mutts too, possibly fish or alligators or something along those lines, since you said there would be a lot of water. Just my opinion.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria