Young Writers Society

Hogwarts---Started but still accepting!

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:40 am
View Likes
ELLYNARA3 says...

Prof. Grover

Spoiler! :
I'm not sure what day it is but i'm going to make it sunday, sorry.

Professor Grover awoke to banging downstairs. She quickly grabbed Obey and walked to the door. Opening it and peering over the balcony she saw that there was a student that seemed to be looking for something. She walked down and found that it was Micheal Amare.

"Ah, Mister Amare so nice to see you, your early for your detention I see, didn't I say, eleven o'clock?" Prof. Grover said.

"Yes, professor. I'm sorry, I just left a book here and was looking for it, you haven't seen it have you."

"What sort of book is it and anyway what are you doing here at six o'clock on a sunday? Aren't all Gryfindor's in the grand hall on lockdown? And what is this?" Prof. Grover said, picking up a piece of cloth and then all of a sudden her hand and the cloth disappeared.

"Um... It's a book about animagus, I'm interested in the thought of changing one's form into one of an animals. Gryfindors are under lockdown in the grand hall, but since I woke up early they said I could go and get my book. I snuck away from the teacher who was accompaning me. Oh and that, thats an invisibility cloke, my uncle sent it to me."

"Oh that book, yes, I thought it was one of mine because I had to do years of studying to become an animagus and I have one that looks exacally like it. I'll go and get it," I walked upstairs again and grabbed the book. "Here you go, here's your invisibility cloke, take good care of it they're very rare, oh and here's a piece of parchment, just say, 'I solemly swear I'm up to no good' I won't tell you more than that, except that I think that you, Miss Belthorn and Miss Jones might be able to find Mister Potter's kidnapper, now run along, I think you've served your detention, just don't fall asleep in my classes again, Mister Amare."

"You're an animagus? You're giving my cloke back? I was sure you'd conviscate it. Thank-you professor Grover."

"Yes, I can transform into a mouse. I'm giving you your cloke back because I think it might be able to help you. Now scram before I change my mind and get you back here at eleven for detention."

He ran off and Professor Grover went back upstairs and got changed into clean robes. She was awake now so she might as well go and have breakfast. She went down to the kitchen door and tickled the pear, it swung open. She went inside and found all of the elves asleep on the floor and by the smell of it they were drugged.

Professor Grover ran up to Headmaster Doofoogle's office only stopping to say the password to the statue. She knocked on the door and went in when a muffled 'come in' came.

"What would you like Professor Grover?" the Headmaster asked.

"The elves have been drugged and are all asleep in the kitchen." She said.
Last edited by ELLYNARA3 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Everyone was on the look out for Albus. I was the last one to see him and I couldn't help. I felt so useless. People asked me questions but it felt like I was blind. I was the last person to see him and even if I was threatened to death by death eaters I still wouldn't be able to remember what had happened that night.

Opening my eyes, I saw that everyone was still asleep in the great hall. We were here from lock down because of missing Potter. The sun was just rising on the ceiling when I saw a familiar face talking to the professors.

He left the hall with one of them. I wonder why.

I hid under my covers and grabbed the cloth that lay at my feet. It was an invisibility cloak. I stole it from the Weasley's before I left for school. Throwing it over myself, I crawled out of the covers, making sure I wouldn't be noticed in any way.

I followed Michael.

He left the teacher alone with his own invisibility cloak. Wow, I thought they were rare? Anyway, I kept on following him. He stopped by Professor Grover's place and got a book. She knows that he's looking for Albus. She knows there's a group of eleven year old's risking their lives to find a friend. And yet I'm useless! GOD!

I only took off the cloak when I felt safe. We were in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, I think he was just here to be hidden from the rest of the castle.

"Michael," I whispered, pulling off the cloak.

He jumped, shocked by my appearance.

"Apathy, you gave me a fright." His eyes were wide.

"Sorry," I smiled, "Look, I know, I was there the night Albus went missing. I should know something, but I don't. They erased my memory or something! I don't remember where I went and I, I, I feel so useless at the time they need me most!"

My heart was racing as tears trickled down my cheeks.

"It's horrible! I should help but I cannot! I was the last one to see him and I feel bad, I feel really useless..." I whispered.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:57 pm
View Likes
Saga97 says...

Micheal

Micheal became confused but understood what she was feeling. He went into a stall and ripped off some toilet paper.

"Here" He said as he handed her the piece.

She took it and started to wipe away the crystal clear tears.

"Please don't cry, and as long as you help me and Nancy then you aren't useless"

(Sorry for how short this is!)
Where adventures are made
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:55 am
View Likes
Stellabeam says...

Nancy Belthorne-
Spoiler! :
I won't be able to update often and they will be shorter as I am on vacation, with limited computer access.

Nancy woke with a start in the morning. She had a horrible dream, but she couldn't quite remember what it was. She looked to her left for Michael but he was gone. Panic seized her and she looked for a way out so she could go look for him. Had he been kidnapped?

She aimed her wand and set fire to a prefect who shrieked and tried to put out the flame. The other teacher turned toward her while she ran for the door. Sneaking out she ran down the hall and past Michael and Apathy talking. Wait? Micheal and Apathy talking? She jogged back and asked," What are you guys doing here? Michael you had me worried?"
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

267 Reviews

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:29 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Nancy ran past us as we headed toward the great hall. She came back, realizing that we were here. She said something but I didn't quite catch what it was.

"Oh, sorry Nancy. I was looking for my book..." he held it out to show her.

"How about you Apathy? I didn't see you in a while." her eyes darted at mine filled with worry.

"I was in the Hospital Wing for a while... after what had happened. And then I was in the Great Hall like everyone else."

Her face was flushed as she breathed heavily.

"Oh thank God. Michael! I thought you were kidnapped! I am going bonkers." she smiled.

All I saw was a smile creep on Michael's face and they stared at each other. There was this force field around them, blocking my existence. It wasn't bad though.

What I mean is that they have this connection between them that I do not want to ruin.

"Uh, guys..." I whispered, realozing that we could get in trouble if we got caught outside of The Great Hall.

Their heads turned away from each other, red blowing past their cheeks. Nancy was smiling at the ground and Michael looked as if he got caught red handed.

"We should go." I finished.

"Yes, we should." Nancy choked out.

It was eerily quiet in the hallway. All you could see from the windows was complete darkness, as if a dementor was covering it. My heart raced at every odd sound I heard.

We started for The Great Hall, being as quiet as we possibly could. I threw my invisibility cloak over us just to be safe.

9 Reviews

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:15 am
Saga97 says...

Micheal

"I don't think he had anything to do with it"

They stopped at once. It was the Headmasters voice and not so loud footsteps were walking toward them.

"He must have it's the only solution of how they got in the castle, and besides he seemed a little tense yesterday" Professor Tonson said.

Under the cloak they looked at each other and then backed into a wall.

"Who could they be talking about?" Nancy asked, Micheal and Apathy just shrugged but Micheal did have an idea.

And then they came from around the corner Professor Dofoogle was walking in a very slow and relaxing manner but had a troubling expression.

Professor Tonson walked with him and he was more rigid.

"At least go and talk to him, make him drink truth potion or something, I'll brew it myself" He was getting anxious.

"You know fully well that the use of a truth potion on a student is strictly forbidden, but fine I'll send for mister Amare after lunch. Now go and leave me be" Professor Dofoogle stopped but Tonson ran down the hall toward the dungeon.

"Now come out, I know your there" The Professor said slowly and turned to the wall looking straight at them.

Micheal felt cold as if someone had suddenly poured a whole tub full of ice water.

Nancy and Apathy took off the cloak, and slowly Micheal did the same thing.

"We are sorry Professor we didn't mean to eavesdrop" Nancy said.

"It's perfectly alright you were being safe after last night, but what are you doing out of the great hall?"

Nancy and Apathy looked at each other and the at Micheal who kept his eyesight down.

"Well I saw Micheal go outside with the permission from a prefect and I went after him. Shortly after that Nancy joined us."

Micheal could feel it every eye was on him know, he would have to look up.

"And what were you doing out so early in the morning mister Amare?" Professor Dofoogle asked stepping a little closer.

"I...I had to get a book from the charms classroom" He said very quietly.

"I see but as you heard, you will have to report to my office after lunch. Classes are cut down today, but don't go wandering around." He started to walk away.

"umm.. Professor" Micheal shot out.

"Yes Mister Amare" He stopped and looked him straight in the eye.

"I have detention at eleven with Professor Grover" He looked down the pressure was to much.

"Fine come to me straight after that." And the he walked away.
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

267 Reviews

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:51 pm
Nike says...

Michael was in trouble. I mean why else would Professor DoFoogle need him for? I'm scared for him. They want to get something important out of him, look, they want to use the truth potion and that's forbidden. I guess there's something I didn't know about Michael.

I was in Potions class, watching the teacher pace through the room, talking about what chemical reaction will happen once you combine something with something else. I wasn't really listening. All that was running through my mind was: what will happen to Michael? and, What's happening to Albus?

My lab partner happened to be Nancy and she was listening to the professor. Why wasn't she freaking out about what was going on?

I tapped her shoulder. "Hey, do you know anything about Michael?" I whispered.

She turned her attention on me, forgetting there was even a lab we were supposed to do.

"No..." she sounded upset.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:34 pm
Stellabeam says...

Nancy Belthorne
Spoiler! :
Im sorry for the gramatical errors. This stupid keyboard doesnt have an apostrophe sign.

Nancy felt the wind woosh out of her. Michael letting the kidnappers in? Talk about being biased. She was so anxious that she hardly paid any attention during class. It wasnt until Apathy tapped her in the shoulder she knew that this wasnt a dream.

She didnt know anything about Michaels situation, but she was starting to get mad. Why would they ever suspect Micahel. He was so gentle he wouldnt hurt you even if you hit him first. Heck, he was scared of wicker chairs (she seen him jump at one once) She stood up suddenly marched to the front of the class and slammed her hand against the table. "I demand to know why you are accusing Michael of letting in the kidnappers in the school. Just becasue his parents are bad doesnt make him bad, besides, I happen to know he is a shy,sweet boy that wouldnt want anyone harmed. You shouldve seen his face when we heard the news. He jumps at wicker baskets and when I say boo! You are all horibble people and I demand the entire school to issue him an apology ASAP."

She turned to the class. "Youve all seen Michael, you know him and you all saw how the Dark Eaters used to tear friends and family apart. Family member werent all on the same side and would kill each other. This is an horrible accusation against a harmless, innocent student!!!!"
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

9 Reviews

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:36 pm
Saga97 says...

Micheal

The clock was just about to hit 11. He knew that the detention was cancelled but he didn't want to go to the headmasters office right away.

He could just as well hang around the school grounds with his friends, but he could get caught.

As he opened the door to the transfiguration classroom the professor looked up from her desk.

"I thought we cancelled the detention Mr. Amare" She kept her eyes locked on him.

"Yeah I know but I still think I deserve one" He looked at her for a moment but very quickly averted his eyes with an ashamed look on his face.
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 pm
paintingtherain97 says...

Name in Story: Elizabeth (Ellie) Moon

Year: 5

Appearance: Ellie has long hair, dirty blonde, almost brown, that she wears in a loose braid down her back. Her eyes are the dark green-brown of stagnant water, squinting, and rimmed with thin long eyelashes. She has a stubby nose studded with a tiny diamond, freckles strewn across her pale face, and pouting lips. Ellie is approximately five feet four inches tall, thin enough, and almost fully developed. She wears jeans most of the time, with simple sweatshirts or t-shirts, when she isn't in her uniform. She has an unfortunate habit of walking around with her shoelaces untied.

Role: Normal Student

Characteristics: Ellie is one of those people who everybody knows but few are truly close to. She is a Ravenclaw, but not a typical one. She is a straight B student, with the exception of Transfiguration, which she is adept at. She is an unregistered animagus and has been since she was five: she changes at her will from human to rabbit. Ellie is quiet, polite, and reserved for the most part. But she is also adventurous and willing to forge friendships and relationships if somebody else is willing to make the first move. Ellie is known for her skill in sketching and her habit of exploring the castle and dark forest at night.

Story: Ellie comes from a half-blood family. On her mom's side is the prominent French wizarding family, the Beauvais, full of men and women who are good-looking, reserved, and learned. On her father's side, the Moons, the people are less prestigious. Her father is Edwin Moon, a muggle-born Englishman who met Louise Beauvais when he was held prisoner in her family's estate during Voldemort's short-lived reign. They fell in love, and Louise was soon pregnant. They married shortly afterward and moved to the English countryside, where funds were cut off to Louise from her parents and they had to live on the modest salary Edwin made from his low-level ministry job. Their firstborn was a son, Wesley Moon, three years older than Ellie, looked much like her. Following in Beauvais tradition, he was a slytherin. Ellie was then born. She did not get along with her brother. However, Isabelle Moon was born when Ellie was two. They got along better. The Moons lived a lower-middle class lifestyle, and Ellie recieved her letter from Hogwarts a few weeks before she turned eleven, in August. Her sister, however, was a squib, so she went to muggle school.

Other: Ellie sends letters often to her squib sister. She is absent-minded, doodles a lot, and has a fluffy white cat named Margot. Her family shares an owl.
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

267 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:52 am
Nike says...

Wow.
That was all I could say after Nancy's speech.

It was amazing and oh-so-true. Michael is innocent and people shouldn't be judging him just because he comes from a family of Death Eaters. He could be different than his relatives and it happens that he is.

"She's right," I stood up.

The class now looked at me. All my confidence froze up as my heart began racing heavily. I was not comfortable talking to a crowd.

"Mi-mi-mi," I stuttered.

"What do you ha-ha-ha-have to say?" someone mocked me.

I looked around catching a green eyed Slytherin in the corner of the class, grinning to himself.

"Michael would neve-," I felt my throat close up.

"Ow, poor little mud-blood not able to say a word..."

The group of Slytherin's chuckled with him.

Sweat was beating against my body as I blinked uncontrollably, trying to keep the tears from bursting. My heart was skipping beats. All I could hear was an echo of laughter running through my mind.

"She's crying! You filthy witch!"

"That's enough!" Both Nancy and our professor yelled.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:10 am
JordanPierre2000 says...

paintingstherain you have been accepted.
Oh and I'm back guys :D
Stop for a while and think about this.

What if we used to be able to make wishes

But then someone wished we couldn't :O

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:37 am
ELLYNARA3 says...

Professor Grover
"Now why would that be so, Mr Amare?" Professor Grover asked Michael.
“Just a feeling," Michael replied.
“Well then, why don’t you come on in and I’ll explain a little bit more about that map I gave you. Please take a seat.”
Michael took a seat, he looked slightly uncomfortable.
“Relax Michael, you’re not in any trouble. Now how about you take out that map and spread it out on the table.”
Michael did and Professor Grover took out her wand.
“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” Professor Grover said touching her wand to the parchment.
Swirls came up on the map and some words came up.
Michael gazed at the map wonderingly.
“Is this a map of Hogwarts?” Michael asked.
“Yes, I thought it might help in your ‘quest’ to find Mr Potter’s kidnapper. Now once you’re finished with it, make sure you say, ‘Mischief managed’ and tap the map with your wand, otherwise anyone can read it.” Professor Grover said, while tapping the map and saying mischief managed at the same time.
Driver chooses the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.- Dean to Sam, Supernatural

Feelings!- Crowley, Supernatural

9 Reviews

Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:15 pm
Saga97 says...

Micheal

"This is amazing" he let out.

The professor smiled,

"this is the end of our detention Mr. Amare, just remember too not fall asleep in my class again"

"Yeah it won't happen again" He said feeling sad that he had to go and talk too the Headmaster.

He stood up took the map and walked out, his heart was pumping so hard it was hard to think.

He was coming closer and closer too the entrance of the headmasters office.

He went up on the Phoenix statue and knocked on the door.

"Come In" He heard the headmaster say.

As he walked in he saw that they weren't alone.
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

267 Reviews

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 am
Nike says...

The Marauder's Map

I'm pretty sure I've heard of it before... I just don't know from where.

"What does it do?" Nancy asked, looking at the parchment in Michael's hands.

"It shows you where everyone is, even the ghosts."

Her eyes lit up at this news. Professor DoFoogle left his office just a couple minutes ago to grab some lunch, rather supper at this time of hour.

We were waiting for Michael here for a while with the Professor because we couldn't find him earlier. The Professor was the only person we knew would be able to find Michael.

"Why do you need it?" I asked.

"Well, probably when I'm hiding in my invisibility cloak, I can stalk people and draw mustaches on their faces in their sleep without them finding out it was me." Michael replied, laughing.

Nancy and I joined him, "Oh, look! That's..." and Nancy stopped her laughter.

Her face turned pale white, like a snow owl.

"What...?" Michael and I asked.

All she did is point at the feet moving across the sheet.

Professor DoFoogle with The Minister Of Magic.

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin