z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts---Started but still accepting!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun May 20, 2012 3:27 am
Saga97 says...

Michael Amare~

Michael looked at Nancy her hair was bright red.

“It wasn’t a dream” He said to himself in a whisper.

“Due to the circumstances I would like to ask you to follow me into the great hall” The Professor said.

They walked in a row of two. Nancy and Michael side by side

“What wasn’t a dream”

she asked the fright in her voice scared him.

“I thought I dreamt it, I was so tired I am not sure what I saw, but”

He kept panting as he talked, in his head he was trying to figure out what to say. Everything went blank it’s like something didn’t want to be revealed, like the sun hiding behind a cloud, but this was something much darker and it scared him.

He could feel Nancy watching him, his head looking down at his feet, eyes wide open out of shock. The whole school was summoned to the Great Hall everyone looked terrified. A couple of students were missing Rose Weasley and Albus's brother James.

The trio sat down almost at the front with the rest of their class. A loud murmur was about the group, these news to them were like twenty buckets full of meat being thrown into a pack of hungry wolves. Slowly everything went quiet when Proffesor Dofoogle walked up to his post.

“This is a very sad thing, I have been informed that Albus Potter was kidnapped last night. We have searched the castle but nothing has been found to identify the kidnapper. Every house except Gryffindor is to return to their common rooms and not leave until further notice”

The Headmaster left the hall and prefects straight away started to lead their house away. The professors along with the Head girl and boy started to talk.

“What do you think they are talking about?” Nancy asked

Michael only shrugged and stared at the teachers, who some kept glancing at him.
Where adventures are made
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun May 20, 2012 11:26 am
SirTobes says...

Professor Harthop

The Professor stride into his room and a hush fell among the students. One of them dropped a quill and the sound rebounded off the walls. The Proffesor banged his briefcase on the desk and spun to face the young aspiring witches and wizards.
A smile crept onto his face.
"Welcome!" He boomed. "...To...Defence Against the Dark Arts. But I like to call it DADA."
The students laughed.
Proffesor Harthop lowered his eyes.
He pointed at a boy sitting comfortably drawing on his book.
He shot out a mess of words at the speed of sound itself.
"You! Amare, isn't it! Name the five spells used on Lord Voldemort-"
The students winced, as of in great pain. The Professor paused, then continued, talking slowly this time. "-Lord Voldemort, during the battle at Hogwarts."
The boy sat straight up, and looked side to side, hoping another student would answer.
"I, ahhhhh...I'm not sure...ahh," he gulped. "Sir."
The Professor laughed.
"It's alright lad, I'll teach you well and true, and you'll be top of the class by second year."
The boy named 'Amare', sighed, and fell back in his chair.
The Proffesor smiled.
He liked this bunch.
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

Reviews: 0
Sun May 20, 2012 2:06 pm
FalkovianMarksman says...

Name in Story: Bereth Bralon

Year: 5th

Appearance: Dark skin, burly, cloak hood is always up.

Role: Imperioused house elves are helping the death eaters kidnap the first years. Bereth is determined to help the aurors locate and rescue the first year students, and decides to use polyjuice potion to become a house elf himself. He does this off and on throughout the year, and finds that a house elf with a wand is a more powerful than a wizard, the magic is not only twice as powerful but, when he turns back, Bereth finds that he is exceptional at wandless magic.

Characteristics: Particular skillful using the tripping-jinx and making potions.

Your Story: Bereth's troubles started over the holidays. The day before he was to be at King's Cross, the night before actually, his home was invaded by two dark house elves. He was knocked out (one of them had a beater's club), and his parents' memories were erased by a death eater who had also come. When he woke, Bereth's would-be first-year brother was gone, nowhwere to be found; and, his parents didn't remembered anything!? Immediately, Bereth made for King's Cross, hoping to find his younger borther. Unortunately, the Hogwarts Express was wrecked, and vacant!? A single seventh year girl remained on the platform. She was searching the train. Apparently, she had no better an idea what was going on than he had. Also seeking a younger relative, her girl cousin, the girl on the train suggested they leave the platform, and ride their brooms to hogwarts. (Anyone who wants to be this girl, make her up?)

Other: Bereth invented a special pair of binoculars that can see wizards as humans even in their animagus form. It seems they should find something on the hogwarts express but, not sure what this could be?

9 Reviews

Sun May 20, 2012 9:51 pm
Saga97 says...

I like it FalkovianMarksman, since I'm in charge while Jordan isn't online you are in. But you maybe have to change the profile a little. Not sure if it's necessary have to make Jordan chose. Otherwise welcome to the SB.

Remember to use the DT viewtopic.php?f=200&t=93536 ;)
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue May 22, 2012 1:05 pm
JordanPierre2000 says...

I'll accept that.
Stop for a while and think about this.

What if we used to be able to make wishes

But then someone wished we couldn't :O

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue May 22, 2012 4:22 pm
Stellabeam says...

Spoiler! :
SirTobes could you read the previous posts and catch yourself up. We're in the middle of a kidnapping crises

Nancy Belthorne

The world erupted into chaos when the Headmaster left. Why did the Gryffindor’s have to stay in the Great Hall and the others didn’t? A crowd mobbed the exit doors, desperate to get to their common rooms. The rest of the Gryffindors were scared and confused and asking each other what they knew.

“Albus Potter? Isn’t he Harry Potter’s youngest son?” people whispered to each other, “Could it have to do with you-know-who?” James and Lilly his sibling were huddled in a corner sad and scared. Lilly was crying.
Michael slumped to the floor, scared. People were looking at him and moving away. “Isn’t he that Amare boy? Do you think..? Maybe he..?” The air was thick with suspicion.

Nancy walked over to Michael, sat down next to him and placed his arm around him. She looked defiantly at the crowd as if to say “He’s my friend. Mess with him and you’ll have to face the consequences from me.”

She whispered in his ear. “It’ll be all right. But you have to tell me your story. Why do people suspect you? Then we will make a plan to rescue Albus Potter. No one else will and adults are useless creatures. It’s up to us.”
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

9 Reviews

Tue May 22, 2012 9:40 pm
Saga97 says...

Micheal Amare

Nancy comforted him, he'd have to tell her why people hated him so. He turned his head looking at her for a moment leaned in and whisper in her ear.

"The reason is"

he took a deep breath and closed his eyes

"My parents were death eaters".

The gasp didn't come as a surprise. Her eyes felt like lasers on the side of his head, but then she hugged him tighter giving him a little kiss on the cheek. Making Micheal redder than her hair

"You still have to tell me what you thought was a dream"

Micheal nodded a smile creeping on his face.

"I will but not with everyone around"
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu May 24, 2012 10:27 pm
Nike says...

When Albus Went Missing

We were walking outside of Hogwarts. I know, it's forbidden at night. But, Albus wanted to do something out here and I'm here to help him.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked.

"Just trust me, okay?"

"Dude, I can see where we are going, I can still remember and tell the teachers. Like I will, but still. Even if you don't tell me where we are going I'll eventually find out on my own anyway."

Yes, I was big in arguments.

"Fine... we're going to this hut my father told me about. It's near the forbidden forest. A giant named Hagrid used to live there. Someone else lives there and that person will tell us how to get to the Shrieking Shack."

My heart stuttered when I heard the words 'shrieking shack'. I know that place, I've heard of it before. My parents were once talking about it. But, I don't know exactly what it is. They told me never to go there though. Too dangerous and they knew I loved danger. They want to keep me out of danger, obviously, but this is something seriously bad.

"We can't go there, it's highly dangerous." I heard my voice shake.

He turned his head towards me, black hair all ruffled at the top of his head and green eyes reminding me of mermaids.

"Trust me Apathy. We must go there. It's important, to me."

Shaking my head, I replied, "Look, I don't care if it's important to you! It's dangerous! We could die!" I stopped walking.

A hut was coming into view as we stopped on a hill. It was small and hay covered. Some pumpkin patches were around it, shaping the place. The forest was behind it, black and creepy --ready to bite us.

"Apathy, we won't die. Stop over reacting..." he sighed, rubbing his forehead. "everything will be okay. We have our wands, we'll be safe."

"I don't have my wand!" I said, lying.

"I know you do,"

Rolling my eyes, I let myself trust him the least bit. We ran down to the hut.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu May 24, 2012 11:34 pm
Stellabeam says...

Nancy Belthorne-

Time dragged on feeling like eternity. People's whispers floated around the room gossiping,condemning. They received dinner after a while and soon after that the prefects called 5 minutes to lights out. Nancy went looking for Apathy to say good night, only to discover she had disappeared as well. They were so busy earlier with all the confusion she hadn't noticed her absence. Her hair changed to a limp dirty blonde free from curls.

Ashen faced she walked up to Michael. He looked scared when he saw her face. She explained to him what happened in a low voice. Michael and Nancy dragged their sleeping bags and waited for everyone to fall asleep. One by one they drifted off until the hall was filled with snoring,peaceful people.
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

9 Reviews

Sat May 26, 2012 12:53 am
Saga97 says...

Micheal Amare

Everything was starting to get quiet. Couple of snores and footsteps from the teachers and prefects were heard.

Micheal and Nancy had distant their selves from everyone else, so they wouldn't be over heard.

Nancy stared at the ceiling, Micheal leaned closer to her ear.

"You ready?"

She nodded giving a little smile that encouraged him even more.

"Last night, I saw" He choked but shook it off.

"I saw Potter sneaking out, not soon after I saw a shadow everything started to seem colder. It felt like more than a just a shadow, it leaned over Potter's bed I stared I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then a strange feeling hit me, I felt it looking at me, and"

He was lost for words his entire body was shaking out of fear.

"Go on don't stop, and what?"

Closing his eyes he answered.

"And it was like I knew who was looking at me"
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

267 Reviews

Sat May 26, 2012 4:08 pm
Nike says...

He was right.
That guy in the hut told us everything about it. He's Hagrid's son. The Shrieking Shack was a really old and creepy place where death eaters used to meet. Voldemort went there as well, their leader, duh. But we were going there for a reason I didn't want to say. It was that horrific.

"Please Albus, can we not?" I begged in a whisper.

His eyes seemed blood red when he looked at me. Evil digging into his veins.

"We have to. Apathy, this is really important to me. I need to get it." he hissed.

He seemed not himself anymore.

"We are getting a..." I took a deep breath, trying to calm the pace of my heart. "death eater mask and their wands. This is dangerous. This isn't a trip to the forbidden forest, and that's not even safe. This is taking someone's property and using their power."

"Don't be silly! We can't use their power! That's not even possible."

We were walking toward the shack, I couldn't see where it was though. There was a tree in front of us, moving on it's own. I knew what that was. I stopped in my tracks, not wanting to get any closer to the tree.

Albus kept on strolling along. That's when I noticed what was odd about him. A black airy figure, like a ghost, was with him. Holding onto him.

"Al-Albus," my voice cracked.

My heart was beating out of my chest. The ghost was staring at me with red beady eyes. How did I not notice this thing before?!

He turned around, looking at me. His eyes were still red with venom.

"Wh-what?" he mocked me.

For the couple hours I've known him, he was never like this.

"There's a ghost by you..." I whispered.

"What?! I didn't seem to catch that! What did you say?!" he yelled.

I felt my stomach churn from fright. Tears were pushing through my eyes. I started to shiver.

What was going on?

"There's a ghost by you!" I screamed.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun May 27, 2012 10:21 am
SirTobes says...

Sorry guys. I'm pulling out.
You can take my character if you want.
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

Reviews: 0
Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:47 pm
ELLYNARA3 says...

Spoiler! :
It's been age's since I've posted anything, I'm sorry.

Professor Grover

Prof. Grover walked up and down the rows of Gryfindor student's, they were sleeping on the ground of the great hall in sleeping bags. A few people were still awake but other than that the rest were fast asleep, one girl was snoring so loudly that even though Prof. Grover is on the other side of the hall she can still hear her. Prof. Grover doesn't know how the other's around her are asleep but they are. After a few hours she trade's of with Professor Harthop.

Walking slowly up the stairs to the bedroom/office that she owned while working and living here she eventually get's to the top and goes in, calapsising onto the bed in her robes, shoe's and all, the last thing she felt before drifting into the black haze that was unconsiousness, was Obey's soft, dry and warm, muddy brown colour fur

Professor Harthop

Spoiler! :
I'll do a post for Prof. Harthop here and there until someone want's to take him if you guys want/ don't mind

Prof. Harthop traded off with Prof. Grover at midnight and as he walked past a pair of student's he caught the end of their conversation, 'And it was like I knew who was looking at me'.

Prof. Harthop crouched down beside them and said, "I think it's time for both of you to go to sleep."

He freaked out both of them, making them jump.

"Sorry professor, we'll go to sleep now, goodnight" said the girl, he thought he recognised her, Nancy, yes, that was her name.

"Good night professor" said the boy, he definantly recognised this one, Micheal, Micheal Amare, the death eater's son. What was he doing in the hall? Wasn't he in Slytherin?

Prof. Harthop walked off and wandered around the hall telling other people who were awake that they should sleep. Two hours later he swiches off with the Hufflepuff head of house. He walks up to his bedroom/office and changes into pajamas before getting into bed and drifting into the nice soft lull of unconciousness.

Spoiler! :
I hope this is ok I'm not use to doing third person, I usually do first.
Driver chooses the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.- Dean to Sam, Supernatural

Feelings!- Crowley, Supernatural

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:29 pm
JordanPierre2000 says...

Spoiler! :
Thanks for making my first SB awesome guys!

Professor Dofoogle

Professor Dofoogle elegantly marched through the grounds of Hogwarts only stopping when a teacher started asking what was wrong. It was weird how quiet the great hall was. He was surprised at how many students were able to get to sleep even though Albus Potter had been kidnapped. His father was contacted right away and he was on his way along with Ginny. All Dofoogle knew about the kidnapping was the scared voice of Ms Apathy. She was apparently there with Potter when he disappeared. She said she blacked out once she noticed the ghost floating behind Albus. But this wasnt because she was a wuss. It was because Someone cast a spell on her. What kind of mad man would do this!?, he thought furiously. Dofoogle was a bubble about to explode with anger. He reached inside himself and pushed the anger deep down. his clear head payed off. He realized who was behind the kidnapping. Death eaters.
Stop for a while and think about this.

What if we used to be able to make wishes

But then someone wished we couldn't :O

267 Reviews

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:24 pm
Nike says...

I tried to do something, anything.

Pulling out my wand, I faced the ghost. He seemed to be glaring me down, prepared for the fight. Albus was just standing there, petrified.

"Stupify!" I screamed.

Red lights flew from my wand, reaching the figure. He managed to dodge it and send a spell right back at me. I sadly didn't miss it. Just the next second, I was gone.

A couple hours later, I woke up and saw the hospital wing. What was I doing here? How did I get here? Gripping the edge of the bed, I felt the cold metal of the bed frame. It was just day break, the sun just rising.

"Hello?" I asked, hearing the hoarseness of my voice.

Clearing it, I tried again.

"Hello? Anyone here?"

No reply. I saw a couple of other patients which were sound asleep. Suddenly, Professor Dofoogle came through the doors of the wing, a concerned expression on his face.

"Ms Apathy, you are awake," it was a question.

"Yes, what's going on?" I asked.

Tears gripped the rims of my eyes, trying to escape.

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar