z

Young Writers Society

The Robin Hood Gang 2: Service from Spain

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:06 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

We all step out into the large space between the nearest brick wall and the apartment. Out of one car, steps Alis.

"Bloody traitor!" Reg yells. Alis laughs a little. Marcello stepps out as well. About six specail ops step out of a van. They had learned from their mistake before, and wouldn't make it again. Alis crouches. Her eyes are locked on me. I know I am the first she will fight. And I will most likely loose.

"No questions, just attack." Marcello says. Alis leaps first. I take out my gun, shoot, and miss when she dodges. I cuss, and try again.

"You won't win this with a gun, Riley." Alis says. For a second, the chaos around me seems to freeze. I pocket my gun, and hold up a fist. We both lunge at the same time. Before long she has me on the ground, hands around my neck. She begins to tighten her grip, but James throws her off me. I nodd my thanks. We both spend five minute wresleing her, until finnaly I knock her out cold.

I turn around. The rest of the fighting has stopped. Marcello lies in a bloody heap on the ground, as do the other officers. Everyone is covered in blood, hopefully not there own. They are all alive.

"We did it." I say.

Bree

I finish the guard off by stabbing a kife through his heart. It comes out covered in blood. Gross. This would never come out of this shirt! I push him off me, and turn to see if anyone needs help. I watch Marcello hold a gun to Regs head, and set it in place. I whip out my gun, and watch as Marcello crumples to the floor.

"That's for lieing to us." I mumble under my breath. I shoot one more officer, then look around to realize the rest are all dead.

"We did it." Riley says.

"Alis isn't dead, she's moving." I inform her.

"Let 'er die." Reg spits. Everyone walks inside, but me.

"No." I say. Riley sighs. I rip a section of my shirt off and wrap it around alis's badly bleeding leg. It seems to be her worst injury, that I can see, anyway.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:26 pm
BenFranks says...

How Marcello died... :D

Reg Carter

It's in a spoiler because it is quite violent and probably 16+ so only read it if you want to. Also contains one use of bad language.

Spoiler! :
Riley and Alis quickly broke into a fight over to my left. Whereas I had taken cover as Marcello released rounds of fire onto my position. I swore as I dived behind another wall, the debris of brick shooting up about me. Two other Spec Ops had taken aim my way as the other four engaged in hand-to-hand combat near Riles.

I took aim down the sight of my M16 and fired multiple bursts into one of the Spec Ops men. He dropped his handgun and staggered back as the high-velocity led pierced through his torso, momentarily he let out a cry of pain. I turned my attention to the other Spec Ops, saving Marcello for last. I fired more bursts but only managed to cut him down at his knees. He cried in pain but carried on shooting my way. I cursed and went around for another shot taking him out with a threesome of bullets between his eyes.

Marcello had gained ground on my position. I thought it would be too easy, aiming at him with my M16, my sweaty index finger on the trigger, ever-so careful. I fired but the gun just clicked. Out of ammo, this was a good time to swear. I threw the gun away from me and took out the shotgun, but by the time I'd pumped it Marcello was already near enough for hand-to-hand combat. He kicked the gun away from my hands and I flung to the side with it. He stood over me as I tried to regain my bearings. He pulled out a knife and as he went to stab me my reflexes shoved my arm in the way of the attack. The cold metal of the blade pierce straight through my left forarm and I let out a yurn of pain.

"Haha, the Reg Carter," He smirked, "Not so tough now, are you? After all this time."

"Arghhh, F-F@*% you!" I roared, kicking him away and punching him right across the jaw, the bruising pain in my knuckles and arms was ignored and I carried on punching him, without mercy. He took most of them well but his face became disfigured. He kicked me off of him angrily.

I went for the shotgun, eagerly, but Marcello was quick on my heels. He kicked me hard in the back of my leg and I collapsed over myself two-fold. I cried out again and Marcello looked at me, "Stop cryin' you girls blouse. Your sister didn't even complain this much."

That was all it took. One talk of my sister. The anger bubbled up inside me and I shouted at him evily, "You dare!" I grabbed his trousers and ripped him back to the floor. His neck came in contact with some brick debris and he cried out as it broke into his flesh and his blood spilled out across the pavement. I went for the shotgun once more but this time had it. He was bent over, his hand pressed with pressure against his neck. I kicked him onto the ground so he was facing me and watched him suffer momentarily before grinning. The pain of the deep cut of the knife didn't hurt anymore, the surroundings were silent. It was just his agony. The asthetically pleasing sight of him bleeding to death.

"Now you really will be a ghost," I snarled, lifting the shotgun and securing it against my shoulder. It boomed as I pulled the trigger and bullets scattered from the barrel. The high speed shells ripped apart Marcello's flesh and all that remains is a bloody mess.

Suddenly I'm back in the real world, I walk over to Riley in the others and overhear the end of the conversation. I'm bleeding and in pain but it doesn't matter. I'd finally killed that person who'd ruined my life. I spat and looked at Alis' injured body.

"Let 'er die." I walk inside to attend my wounds.

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:54 pm
Vanadis says...

((Sorry so long...I got inspired. :S))

Ace

"Finn," I heard and turned at the sound of the familiar voice from my past. My hair stood on end and I was nearly frozen with fear, but I turned to him and balled up my fists, ready to take my revenge.

"Who'd you have to bribe to become Spec Ops?" I spat at him. How did he have the nerve to reappear after what he'd done to me?

"Come with me quietly and I won't kill you. I won't even turn you in, Finn. I'll get you off the hook." He stretched his arms out, pretending to be my best friend again. He used to be, until he'd done something unforgivable.

"You had to bribe somebody. You had a felony against you."

"No thanks to you," he grunted.

"I didn't turn you in. You know what happened. She found out and--" I sighed, shaking my head. "Doesn't matter. You're still dead to me." With that, I started the fight with a swift punch to his face. "How long have you been hunting me down?" I demanded.

"Ever since you ran away." He returned a few punches; he wasn't as fast as me, but he could hit a lot harder. I was certain that at some point, he'd broken my nose. "I know you turned me in. I guess threatening you wasn't enough. Well, guess what? I wove them a nice little story--" he grabbed me with my arms behind my back and held me against him as he continued, "about how I didn't do a damn thing. I told them you're a compulsive liar."

"I'm not!"

"And I told them about your little gang here, and that sealed the deal. I hunted you. I showed my superiors every move you made, and then, I met Marcello. We had a common goal, so he hired me to work under him. And the funny thing about that little stunt you pulled, Finn...you know, with the other Ops team? I recognized your phone number instantly. For an epic hacker, you're not all that great with covering your bases, are you, Sweetie?"

"Leave me alone!" I shouted, seemingly thrust back into the past, where images of everything he'd done--how he made my life hell--flooded into my mind. I managed to get a wrist free somewhere in his heartfelt monologue, and I released the switchblade I had under my sleeve right into his abdomen.

"You little!" he cried, loosening his grip involuntarily with pain. "What--?"

Staring into his eyes, I said, "You'll never hurt anyone again." He reached up to block my swing, but I delivered a kick that, with my steel toes, shattered his kneecap. His scream was cut short as I brought the blade along his throat, and he fell to the ground.

My deed was done; I no longer had any obligations.

Wiping my own blood off my face, I turned and headed back toward the apartment. Maitea looked at me with a mixture of concern and horror, and she came to look at my broken nose and black eye.

No obligations, I thought, but to this girl I love.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

Reviews: 2
Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:09 pm
RedSun says...

Alis

I had't been expecting to fight two people. I was hoping the rest of the guards would keep them busy enough. I knew I was done for.

Suddenly, I am floating in a sea of black.....red.........blue....... and even a new color I can't put a name to. I feel a full aching, but I can't focus on it. I can focus on anything.

Then a sharp, stabbing pain. I realize I can see again. Bree is bent over me. why? Maybe it had something to do with the pain. I don't remeber much.

"Glad to see your coming around." Bree's voice seems a thousand miles away. But it has an odd bitterness to it as well.

Everything comes back to me. I feel my strength start to come back. Bree helps me sit up.

"What are you doing? Shouldn't you have killed me?" I ask. My voice has kindness in it.

"No, it wouldn't have been right. The others were all for it, though."

"Is everyone else alive?" I ask, suddenly worried.

"I am surprised you care. But yes, they are all alive."

"That's....good." I say, surpirsed at my kindness.

"Come on, lets get you insdie." Bree says. I stand up on my own.

"I'll be fine. I'm not a baby." I hiss. I am completely back to my old self.

"Look who's back to not being nice again." Bree says with a smile.

42 Reviews

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:40 am
Kaywiia says...

Riley

"Look who's back to not being nice again." I hear Bree's voice as she comes inside. Alis comes with her, somehow walking with only a slight limp.

I decided to be diplomatic about this, and not jump to conclusions. Reg, however, was reaching for his gun.

"At ease, Reg." I say. He gives me a look, then pockets his gun.

"Alis, why did you tell Marcello where we were?" I ask her calmly.

"I got mad, hoped for a good shot at Reg's neck, and maybe yours, end of story." Alis says, the biting edge to her voice is very strong. James puts his hand on his gun to.

"I understand the Reg part. You two never got along, being alike as you are. But why me?" I say, crossing my arms infront of my chest.

I imitate Riley's voice, "You will stay away from Ace from now on, do you hear me Alis? Otherwise, I can give James a pistol, and tell him to shoot you. He would probably gladly oblige. And I think Reg would be right behind him."

"They would, you know. I don't want to kick you out, ALis. YOu are an extremely valuble person to us. You are a good fighter, and not someone I would want for an enemy." I say, still calm. I see a few of the other members faces turn up in a scowl. Reg and James, included.

"Your mad, Riley!" James says. I hold up my hand to silence him.

"So your willing to have me back in?" Alis's voice isn't mean now.

"If your willing to be back in, and swear not to make another move like that."

411 Reviews

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:58 pm
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

I walk upto Riles and Alis whilst they're in mid conversation and grin at the fact Riley was letting her regain her place in the gang. I always did like some healthy competition.

I turned to Riles and gestured at my bleeding arm, "We need a new doctor. Which means you need a new contact. Hopefully one without a nickname like Ghost, eh?"

Riley laughs and nods in turn. I decide to go into the kitched and drench the wound in alcohol to numb most of the pain and speeden the process.

123 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:25 pm
Vanadis says...

Ace

I cringed as I passed the kitchen and saw Reg pouring alcohol over his wound. He was taking it better than I would have.

After I changed my shirt, I looked over the one I'd had on before. It was soaked with splatters of my ex-friend's blood; the sight of it made me dizzy, and my vision started to tunnel out again. I couldn't believe I'd just killed someone I knew. Someone I hated, granted, but I still knew him, and it felt terrible.

I wondered, vaguely, if Reg felt the same way.

Involuntarily, I cried. I wiped the tears away quickly, attempted to silence my sobs; I shouldn't have been crying. It just brought all my weaknesses into the open, and that was half the reason Alis had left to sell us out in the first place.

And there she was, in that very room, talking to Riley, wanting to stay. "No," I breathed. "She's lying."

Riley shook her head. "But what if she's not, Ace?"

"And what if she is?" I countered. "What's more important, Riley? And you'd better have a good answer."

"Giving second chances is more important."

I huffed. I'd never believed in second chances; even though nature had technically given me one, I just thought of it as a fluke in the grand design of my life. I turned to her, my eyes still seeping. "If she ever pulls something like that in front of me, she'll end up like my dearest Officer Moore over there."

"Why don't you believe me?" Alis asked, and I stared incredulously at her.

"I don't trust people as it is. But somehow, for some odd reason, I trusted you. And...why are you even asking me that question? You know? Fine. Take your second chance. But I am watching you extremely carefully."

42 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:42 am
Kaywiia says...

I'm going to end this real soon, and move on to the third chapter. Just the wedding to get out of the way...

Riley

I had a general feeling for people. I knew how they worked. And twisted as Alis was, she had a good intent and was as determined as a wild bore. Vicious as one, might I add. And I was't going to let her out of my sight, either.

I go to see Reg, who has sustained the heaviest wound.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him.

"Can't feel i'." Reg says. It's bruising and swelling.

"Maitea!" I call her.

"Yes?" She asks, running in.

"Do you have any plants that heal?" I ask quickly, my words running a little.

"I don't have any, but I know of some." She answeres.

"Like what?"

"Palm of Baser."

"Go get some."

"It only grows in Africa."

"Oh." I say. That wasn't very good. Hmm, it'd have to heal naturally, then.

Bree

Ignoring the dull pain in my arm, I go to see Reg.

"Reg, are you okay? Look at your arm. It looks more like you were burned than anything else."

"I'm fine." Reg responds.

"No you're not, Reg. Thats a load of...." I stop, because Alis walks in. She opens up a small brown bag.

"Whats that?" Riley asks. Maitea seems to know.

"Are you serious, Alis. you can't even get that anymore. There aren't any left growing? The wound could heal itself. That's so rare. How'd you ever get any?" Maitea chatters on.

"I thought it might be useful some day. It cost me a bit to get it, though. Almost ten thousand dollars." Alis comments. What plant could possibly be worth 10 grand?

"The Orange Lotus," Maitea explains, "One of the quickest healers known to man. But it was so saught after it went extinct." Alis tosses it to her. She takes a small it of it and begins to apply it to Regs wounds.

Reviews: 2
Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:05 am
RedSun says...

Alis

I was surpirsed when Maitea knew what it was. But I tossed her the leaf. She put it carfully over Regs wound. It was funny how I had aquired the leaves, the two I owned, actually. Back when I was fourteen:

Flashback:

I walk slowly up to the old house. The night is closing, and there is only an hour of moonlight before dawn. The house is unlocked. Good, I didn't have a gun with me. George didn't trust me enough to carry a gun. The spanish arcitecture of the house is so dominant it is almost anoying. I was in spain, but still, some originality would be nice.

I walk into the large parlor.

"Step out, and you don't die." I hiss to the darkness.

"Well, well. I expected you would come." The old man says.

"Give it, and I let you die quickly."

"I won't give up that easily, sugar." He says. I whip out my knife. He stands there, defenseless.

"The knife is nice, I assume you bought it just for the occasion?" the man asks, as if we were discussing the weather.

"Yes. I will be the most feared person in all of Spain. The knife has my name down the side. And I will leave it plundged into your heart." My voice is full of venom.

"How much did it cost you?" The man asks curiously, still weather discussing.

"Ten grand. I thought I'd go a little large for my first murder." I say, then kill him.

His last word are, "You will never forget Alis.....never.....never....never." The last three wordss are no more than a whisper.

I reach into the dead mans pocket, and pull out the little brown bag.

My first murder. It was easiy, he didn't fight me. He accepted death with open arms. It disturbed me, and I never got over it. But he served his use. He was helping someone live now. Maybe thats why, maybe he knew, somehow, all along. He knew it would be of use to someone who had a full life to live.

Maybe my grandfather knew.

411 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:14 pm
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

The alcohol had stopped most of the pain and the plant methods Maitea seemed ever-so keen on appeared to work as well. I strapped a bandage over the wound and left it to heal, then thought about the events that had just occured. A pretty spectacular fight between me and Marcello. I grinned at the idea that he got a fair send off.

I walked out of the bedroom and went outside to collect my M16. I noticed I no longer had any magazines for it and chucked the weapon out into the forest, deeming it useless. i wandered back inside and noticed Bree sitting alone in the lounge.

"So, whatever happened to ya old man, Bree?" I asked as I placed the shotgun on the coffee table and reloaded it with shells. I cocked it, checked the barrel, then flicked on the safety before placing it back in the weapons bag behind the sofa.

42 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:33 pm
ridersofdamar says...

*Im just gonna sneak back in here*
James~~

I pulled the pistol out and laid it on my lap. Its amazing what one bullet could do if you hit the right place. It had been my business to know which places to hit and which places not to hit. I made a living of killing and stealing, and the more I did it the better I got at it- and the more I started to wish I wouldn't have to. But now things were getting worse, and it looked like the only end in sight would be death.

I cocked back the slide and began to disassemble the pistol, taking each miniscule spring and piece of metal out and cleaning it gently with a rag soaked in oil. When it was clean enough I put it back together and wiped it off, and put it back in the shoulder houlster I made for it. I grabbed my leather jacket and through it on to cover the pistol.

I walked into Riley's room, "Wanna go for a ride?"
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

42 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:31 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

"Lets go!" I say, almost a little to eager to escape the dark, crowded apartment.

"Your motocycle has two seats?" I ask as we walk outside.

"One." James responds.

"I guess we'll each take our own then." I comment. We hop on.

"Wait, where are we going?" I wonder outloud.

"You'll see." James says with a grin. I almost demand him to tell me, but bite my tounge to hold it back. I sigh. I hate surprises. Maybe it was the obsesive leader thing they all insisted I had.

We take the I-21 south. Somewhere in the south, then. But where? I give him a few puzziling glances, but he just grins every time. I really, really hate not knowing things.

Bree

"So, whatever happened to ya old man, Bree?" Reg asks me.

"Probably went back to georgia with my mom. They can't be seperated for very long. She'd go insane, and he problably would too. Though she is more of the socailite then he is." I say, Reg laughs. Suzie skips into the room.

"Something smells like pepermint." She observes, "Mixed with achlohol."

"Thats the plant Alis put on Reg. I think it smells like cinimon. But she-Alis-said it smells diffrent to everyone. Strange how some plants are like that." I comment.

"Yeah." Suzie agrees.

"How's everyone doing?" Ace asks, walking in.

123 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:59 am
Vanadis says...

Ace

I asked everyone how they were doing. Reg seemed to be feeling a little bit better after they got his wound dressed properly, so that was a relief.

"What happened to your nose?" Suzie asked.

I shot her a death-glare. "What's it look like?" Honestly, I was more concerned with the fact that seemingly my entire body was covered in large, dark bruises.

"Just asking..."

"Don't!" I yelled and turned on my heel to leave. Slipping into the kitchen where Alis and Maitea were still standing, discussing the plant, I grabbed my bag out of the fridge and took a small, pre-filled syringe from it. Propping my arm up on the counter, I jammed the needle into my skin, probably harder than was necessary. "Ouch!" I cried.

"You're not supposed to shank yourself with it," Alis told me, shaking her head. "What's that for?"

"Still none of your business. But now that you know it's not poison--because that's what you thought, wasn't it? You can just drop it now."

"Why are you so angry all of a sudden, Ace?" Maitea asked, coming over to hold my shaking arm down while I pulled the needle out.

"I don't know what you mean," I answered. I just killed the guy who, for a while, I thought was my best friend. And I've never been more relieved, and I've never hated myself so much. "I'm always like this."

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:47 pm
Jaden G. says...

Someone go ahead and have Suzie killed or leave or whatever. I'm out.
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

42 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:34 pm
Kaywiia says...

Everyone, get your last one or two posts in. All we need to do is get the wedding over with.

Bree

Suzie said quick goodbyes to me, then left. She missed her parents, and wanted to go back home. I understood. She could live out the rest of her life normaly. I would never be able to. I would tell Riley when she got back.

I turn to Reg.

"What about tomorow?" I ask him.

"Tomorow wha'?" He asks.

"The wedding...." I say, drawing out the last word. I laugh a little.

He shrugs, "Whatever ya want."

"Im shocked. Alis didn't posion you." I say, examining his arm. The swelling was visibly down already, and the bleeding had stoped.

"She thought 'bout it." Reg commented.

"Then was afriad of what I would do if she tried anything funny." I finish his sentence.

"Of course she was, love." He laughs. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Riley would have been on my side. And James with her."

"Would anyone not fight?" Maitea asked suddenly, walking in.

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood