Young Writers Society

The Mirror's Curse (full!)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 pm
icebender28 says...

(Shadow, I think that was awesome!)

The Voice:

I bursted awake and came face to face with the grim reaper boy. He looked shocked that i had awoken. I smiled and flexed my muscles. It felt so good to be in control! And with others around, I could have a little fun.
"Aritha?" The boy said. he could tell that something was off. probably because that girl never smiled, unless she was smug about something.
"I'm sorry, but she's unavailable." I pulled out the dark sword that Aritha had spent so long making and swiped. he dodged and jumped down from the tree. i folowed him, right into the middle of the fool's camp. I jabbed my sword at him again. I couldn't help but laugh maliciously. This felt so fun!
The others in the group saw what was happening. The boy named Kyler tried to stop us, but I swung my sword his way. He dodged it, for the most part, getting a long cut down his arm, but not deep. I'd deal with him later. Aritha screamed inside my head, begging me to stop. i ignored her and jabbed again. It connected, but this boy was tough. I'd have to do this a lot longer. That was fine. i had all night.
People were yelling at me to stop. they kept calling me Aritha, though, so I decided to ignore them until they actually figured out that that weakling couldn't do anything that I was doing. I laughed again.
ENOUGH!!! Aritha shouted in my head. i froze. I couldn't move, not an inch. The dumb griphon landed on me, pushing me to the ground and pinning me there. I felt my arm twitch, my world begin to fade. I was losing control.
"No." I said, my smile gone. I glared at nothing, and then nothing was all I saw.

Aritha:

I tried to sit up, but was stopped by gryphon's claws.
"What are you doing? Get off me!" I said. This was annoying. I was sitting up in the tree, and then...oh no! I had fallen asleep! "Crap!" I muttered. This was going to take a lot of explaining. The Voice laughed, but it was forced. I must have taken back the controls before it was ready. I was getting stronger.

(Hope this is all right! I kind of got carried away with the Voice taking over and all!)
Life is to be lived, not survived.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 pm
Shadowlight says...

(Oh my gosh Ice that was so cool!!!!!)

Itaeo Haoun:

I had seen it! some dark entity keeping house right there in Aritha's soul. It attacked me with so much aggression I fell backwards out of the tree, I landed on my feet just in time to avoid being decapitated by it's swinging blows.

Kylar ran up thinking to help, but this was not something He could handle.

"Get back Kylar!" I shouted as he dodged another savage slice. "Everyone stay back! It's not Aritha, she's possessed by something!" The thing that was, and yet not Aritha laughed manically, attacking me again.

"You think you can take me then?" she thrust her sword towards me and I almost dodged it, but the thing had backed me against a tree and I had no time to shift. the sword blade caught me on my left shoulder and stabbed though into the tree. It was strong!

Alekan ignoring what I had said earlier grabbed Aritha's body and slammed it into the ground. Something screamed loudly, I was not sure who it was either Aritha or the thing. her body went very still.

I pulled the blade from my shoulder and stumbled over to her prone form. Felicia stood trembling.

"Is she dead?" Asked Rhyder eying her like a week old dead fish. I knelt next to her shaking my head,

"No she's not dead. Keep your claws on her Alekan- whatever just happened, happened because she fell asleep."

Aritha's eyes snapped open and she fought against the griffin violently for a moment. her eyes not registering she understood where she was, but at least they were her eyes again.

"What are you doing!? get off me!" she shouted then looked about our group. she grew deathly pale. "Oh no!" she murmured. I laid my hand on her shoulder.

" Are you alright Aritha?" she stared horrified from the blood running down from my shoulder, to the bloody sword just a few feet away, to everyone's worried and confused faces.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

30 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 pm
icebender28 says...

"Please say I didn't do that." I whispered. everyone was silent. I closed my eyes in despair. it had happened again. Almost happened again. Great. Now they knew what was going on, and I had hurt them. "I am so, so sorry." I said, but i don't think anyone heard. i looked up apollogetically to Alekon, and then to Itaeo, with his bleeding arm. it was already starting to heal, but I had still hurt him. If he wasn't a death magician, he probably would've died from blood loss.

"What the heck was that?" Kyler said slowly.

i sighed. better to get it off my chest before this happened again. "I looked into the mirror three years ago, and this is what it's done to me. It only happens when I fall asleep, so please don't think I meant to do that." i moved my head towards Itaeo's now almost fully recovered arm.

"So that's why you kept wanting to split up." Kyler said in realization.

"but if you knew this would happen, why did you vote to stay together?" Rosalie asked.

I was silent for a moment. "I don't know. it just kind oof happened." I didn't know what else to say.

42 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:19 pm
Shadowlight says...

Itaeo:

"You don't have to say anything else." I tried to smile, but I was still shaken from the realization that this could happen to me within the next year.

"So..." Felicia tried to prompt. "What are we going to do now? We can't just pretend that didn't happen, right?"

"Aritha how can we help you?" Kylar asked concernedly moving closer to her and kneeling. "How can we keep that- whatever it is from waking up again?"

I watched Alekan dig around in one of his packs, he produced a thin rope, which he held it out for inspection.

"We could tie you to a tree Aritha, even if the thing takes over, it couldn't go anywhere." he said gently but firmly, she shook her head.

"The Voice is much stronger that me and doesn't car about my well being. It would hurt me to get out, and it would even from a strong rope." Hector sidled up from where he had been lurking.

"I could always eat her." he offered grinning. "She does look very tasty."

"That is not helpful Hector!" Rosalie snapped. "This is not the time for any jokes. Aritha almost killed Itaeo and Kylar!

Aritha looked stricken.

"Correction Rosalie, Aritha didn't try to kill me, the Voice did." I said trying to sound reassuring, it was not easy.

(Hope this gets the storybook going again.)

30 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:22 pm
icebender28 says...

Shadow, Thank you so much for posting and getting things started again!

Aritha:

Everybody stood around, trying to think of a way to protect them, and me. I did not like this, being the center of attention, having people worry about me. "i could just leave you all alone." I whispered. I looked up. They were looking at me sstrangely, until Rosalie said, "Next idea." I fought between being very offened that she blew my idea off, and being touched that they would let me stay, even if it put them in danger.
Kyler began suggesting many different ways of restraining me, some of which sounded strong enough, but were impossible to do in the middle of the forest.
"Maybe we could find someone with binding magic?" Kyler said.
"We could, but we are no where near a village where we could find one, and I doubt that this guys mother will help us." Hecter said, moving his head towards Ryhder.
"Actually, I think she can." Kyler said. You could tell he was getting an idea.
"What do you mean?" Ryhder asked.
"Okay, hear me out. We can send Aritha ahead of us. She gets captured. They lock her up somewhere. She breaks out, kills everybody, and then in the morning, we come in and take the relics that are already in there."
Everybody stared at him, thinking over the plan. "What if she doesn't break out?" Itaeo said.
"Then we just go in the hard way and let her out later."

(I'm ending it right here so then everyone can post what thier character wants to do, so that we're not left hanging for a week again. Tell me if I messed up characters! :D)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:39 pm
gleek456 says...

Rosalie Levia

I thought about Kyler's ideas. The one about Aritha, sort of seems like putting her on the line, while the other idea just seems dangerous.

"Any other ideas?" I ask. Everyone looked stumped.

"We could have a different kind of diversion, so when Aritha doesn't lash out, we can already have another person stepping in," I suggested. I wasn't very good with planning, but this instantly came to my mind.

"Question is, who?" Itaeo asked.

(I am not very good with planning, so I hope this is okay.)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:59 pm
Shadowlight says...

Itaeo:

"The question is who?" I asked with a foreboding feeling. Kylar turned to me, a small smile on his face.

"Well you are the one who has that ghost form. We could send you in with Aritha, no one would see you after all."

"That would only work if the Farmer could pass through solid objects." Hector cut in from his spot, leaning nonchalantly on a tree.

"I can pass though solid objects, but in lieu of that, shouldn't I just go it alone? I wouldn't have to kill anyone, and if I get caught, whats the worse they could do to me after all?"

I didn't want to endanger Aritha for something that might not work, she didn't deserve that kind of treatment. We were sort of friends after all, right?

(Shortness! yay!)

30 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:32 pm
icebender28 says...

I looked at Itaeo. "They could hurt you immensly trying to kill you, or they could lock you up and you could just leave. But I'm not gonna let you take that chance for me. Not after what I did to you. I am going to help you with this whether you like it or not." He looked at me, kind of stricken with my sudden want to help, and then smiled, but just a little and only for a moment.

(Really don't know what else to type!)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 am
W0lfbane says...

CHARACTER:

name- Thomas Jackson
age- 21
gender- Male
race- Wizard
appearance-
You peer into the wizard's deep brown brown eyes, his beard short and neat,
his brown hair windswept and his skin as bright as snow. He looks away and
lowers his wizard hat now slanted on his nose, his black robes covers his hands
and feet as he turns back to his drink... who is this guy?

history-

An unknown wizard that one day mysteriously appeared in a pub, no-one knows
whether he is good or bad, or his origin. All they know is his name and that
he prefers to drink alone... people stay clear of his sight - as the last time
a guy poked fun of his wizard hat he sethered his head with a snap of his fingers
and mounted his head to a nearby wall, the barkeep too scared to touch the head
as it still screams in agony. The young wizard cackles and takes another sip
of his drink.

personality-

Dark, mysterious and kinda shy if a female was to talk to him.

magic- A range of magic - Elemental, Good, Bad, Anything that can cause an explosion,
usually demonic like spells.

skills- Can drink a drawf under a table and is good at rogue like abilities (sneaking, throwing daggers, picking locks, etc)
anything that he can't do he usually makes up for it magic wise.

other- Average build, 5 ft 10
Cowards use swords, writers use pencils.

You are now following this YWSer

A Wiser? Yiser? Whysir? How on earth do you pronounce that? Y W S er? Can't I just follow a society member? =S

7 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:26 am
W0lfbane says...

Mist starts to fill the air as a dark shadowy figure approaches,
everyone turns to face what could very well be their foe.

Readying their weapons as the figure approaches slowly and
ominously, all everyone can hear is wood smoothly hitting the ground.

CLUNK, CLUNK, CLUNK, CLUNK, CLUNK!

The mist slowly fades as they see a wizard in black robes clutching the side of
his ribcage... blood dripping from his side as he looks desperately around him
limping towards them. His eyesight failing him, the mist around him now vanished
and he collapses in a pool of his own blood.

His staff slips out of his grip rolling down a steep cliff,
coughing and wheezing he attempts to move hand to reach for his staff but he is simply too weak
to move, a dozen or so monsters start charging towards his body... leaving him hopeless and in despair.

A Wiser? Yiser? Whysir? How on earth do you pronounce that? Y W S er? Can't I just follow a society member? =S

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:46 am
View Likes
sylverdawn says...

*I'm back. Alright that last post is slightly confusing. Is Tom injured and collapsing in front of our group or being attacked on his own? I can't come up with a good post 'till I'm sure.*
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:02 pm
Noelle says...

Felicia

"No way," I said right away. "That is the worst plan we could come up with. I'm not letting you put her life in danger like that! Even if your plan did work, what do we do with her then? We still need to come up with an idea to keep the voice in check."

Everyone stared at my sudden outburst. I didn't care. I had fought to keep this group together and now they just wanted to put Aritha in trouble. I'm sure they weren't sitting there, planning how to destroy Aritha, but it was still not right.

On second thought, why was I defending Aritha? I didn't like her, did I? She had been rude to me before, but I felt bad for her. The thing she had going on inside her, I couldn't even fathom living with it. We had to come up with a way to keep the vioce in check without sending Aritha away.

"Well, we could just..." Itaeo started to say something, but stopped. We all looked where he was and saw something quite suprising.

A mist had appeared, followed by a wizard. He was bleeding and seemed too weak to go on. He collapsed onto the ground and we were all thinking the same thing. Who was this man? How did he get here? And most importantly, what had injured him?
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:15 pm
gleek456 says...

Rosalie Levia

My eyes widened as I saw the wounded man collapse in front of us. Immediately, I get up and check his pulse. I breathe out a sigh of relief.

"He's still alive," I said. Everyone gathered around him.

"Who is he?" Felicia asked. I bite my lip.

"No idea. All I know is that he's a wizard, judging by his appearance," I reply. I check the side of his body, and try not to chuck up. His side was full of blood. I take a deep breath and put my hand on his ribs.

"I think I can... heal him," I said.

"But don't you need water for that?" Itaeo asked.

"I'm a growing Nymph," I said with a hint of annoyance. I start to heal him, but it takes a much slower time. I haven't healed a wizard before, so the healing process goes slower. Eventually, the wizard's body is fully restored, but he's still unconscious.

"He needs to sleep, somewhere out of the sun," I said.

(Rosalie's turning into a doctor now! XD )
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

7 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:01 pm
W0lfbane says...

"Damn... Drawf..." his eyes slowly close as he starts to fade out of conciousness. The sound of orcs and various other monsters growing louder, a mysterious door with a carving of a mug suddenly appears next to the wizard... "Open..." the wizard loses conciousness as his head rests upon the blood covered stone surface. The door slightly opens as a small child looks through the open door and then rushes outside, "Uncle!".

The door remains there as if it was solid... inside - laughing and songs can be heard, a faint flickering of a nearby torch can be seen as the door swings open, the child panics as he sees what looks like an army getting closer and closer. "Quick help uncle inside!".

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:33 pm
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

The wizard was mumbling like a village idiot, I would have already "disposed" of him nature style if the pesky meat-folk weren't there.

"You need a diversion?" I asked, my voice full of mockery at their plans- "People in castles do tend to notice me, I have a very unique ways of getting attention..."
Itaeo looked at me, torn between the chance for him to look better in front of the others to the chance of me getting an arrow in my softer spots.

"And about Slaughter-Girl here," I started, my eyes gleaming menacingly at her- "I can take care of her, I met that kind of curse before. It may sound a bit to simple, but if you yell at those voices loud enough, they tend to run straight back into the mind, shaking."

Now everyone looked at me, pissed that I waited so long, and even more pissed that I had the answers, they would rather anyone else thinking about a solution.

I took a bite at a ribcage of one of the bodies I brought for dinners, they were still staring at me.
"Oh, deal with it!" I sighed and bitten, smashing between my jaws the warm, bleeding heart.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

A ruler leads by example, not force.
— Sun Tzu