z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts---Started but still accepting!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:08 am
Stellabeam says...

Nancy Belthorne

Nancy letter did not contain anything special. It was from her father and it read:

To Our Dearest, Darling, Nancy (bleah she thought)
How did your sorting go? Have you made any new friends? Your mother and siblings miss you terribly and already little Susie is counting the days until she can go to Hogwarts too. Say hello to Proffesor Grover for me. Be GOOD and don't get into any trouble. Remember, if you lose your temper to count to 100 and try not to call any teachers warty old toads who should've died a hundred years ago just because they didn't agree with you on a certain subject.Try not to get dentition either, you want to start this school year on a good foot. Write us back after your first day and tell us all about it.
Love ,
your caring father

The typical concerned/first day parent letter. She glanced around the hall, Yasmin was sitting by herself at the Slythern table and looking lonely. Nancy made a mental note to talk to her later. Michael didn't look very happy after he finished his, but before she could ask they were interrupted by the timetables. She would talk to him about it later, when he was up to it.

The timetables read like this.
Spoiler! :
Please give me feedback on whether it's understandable or not, the books weren't entirly clear on how their schedules ran as they had classes on certain days of the week . But I do renember first years had Quidditch practice even though they couldn't be on the teams.

Mondays and Wednesdays
Charms with Ravenclaws-1st Block

Break

Transfiguration with Hufflepuff- 2nd Block

Lunch

Defense Against the Dark Arts -3rd block

Dinner

Curfew at 10:00pm

Tuesdays and Thursdays
Quidditch with Madame Hooch (first year only)-with Slytherins

Break

Herbology with Hufflepuff 2nd block

Lunch

Potions with Slytherin 3rd block

Dinner

Curfew at 10pm

Fridays
You will have all your classes on Friday but they will be shortened to half the usual time.
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:34 am
Saga97 says...

Micheal Amare~

Spoiler! :
think the timetable is great :D

I took a long look at the timetable "Can you believe we already have three classes today" you could hear the dread in my voice. If anything the thing I hated the most were classes, magical or not. I laid my head on the table and sighed. "Ahh come on it won't be so bad, at least we are going to be together" Nancy said clearly trying to cheer me up. I turned my head and looked up at her "Yeah your probably right".

After breakfast we hurried to find the charms classroom, which is not easy in a castle like this, but we got there on time. We sat down at the table almost right in the middle as the other kids filled the other seats around us. I might have just died right there, the professor was so boring I even fell asleep for a little bit but Nancy woke me up with a smack on the head, when I looked up the professor stood over me "Detention on your first day, must be a record" She beaded her eyes and then continued with the lesson.

"Well that was fun" I said sarcastically, "Well it would haven't you fallen asleep" she said sounding rather pissed "You better not pull that in transfiguration" she looked at me deviously. I raised my hands like a criminal "Fine" but when she looked away I rolled my eyes.
Where adventures are made
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

24 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:55 pm
Stellabeam says...

Nancy Belthorne-Break

After Charms they had their first break. Nancy suggested they find Yasmin and talk to her. They looked around the castle wondering where she might’ve gone. They had no idea where the Slytherin common room would be. They headed outside and while they were there, some of their classmates came up and they started a conversation.Michael was quiet as usual, but he seemed to be enjoying the conversation. Pretty soon a huge shadow loomed in their path, when they looked they saw that it was Johnson the groundskeeper, smiling at them.
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

9 Reviews

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:08 pm
Saga97 says...

MIcheal Amare~

I had heard a noise coming from a bush close to us. I walked over to see what it was. A cat sat inside it, it's eyes bulging out in fear.

"Have you seen my cat" A mild worried voice asked. I turned around to see the ground keeper standing over his class mates. "umm" I said my voice breaking a little. They all looked at me almost instantly. I could feel the blood run into my cheeks. "Is this your cat?" I asked and pulled up the frightened little cutie. Johnson's face lit up as he grabbed the cat out of my hands quickly thanking for the help and then disappearing behind a corner. The bell rang and we went to transfiguration.
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

Reviews: 3
Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:44 pm
thebookworm says...

Spoiler! :
If you are still accepting, can I be the head of house for Slytherin and Transfiguration teacher?
"The one thing I regret about reading is not being able to live the lifes and adventures of the characters. Maybe that's why I want to write; to create a story that somebody else would want to live."- Me

9 Reviews

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:51 pm
Saga97 says...

Spoiler! :
Make a profile :D
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:59 pm
thebookworm says...

Spoiler! :
Ok. I wasn't sure. :D Profile will be up later today on the DT.
"The one thing I regret about reading is not being able to live the lifes and adventures of the characters. Maybe that's why I want to write; to create a story that somebody else would want to live."- Me

24 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:21 am
View Likes
Stellabeam says...

Nancy Belthorne- Transfiguration

Nancy and Michael didn't find Yasmin before break was over. As the bell rang they headed toward the transfiguration classroom. They had this class with the Hufflepuffs and she was excited to meet knew people. She shared a table with Michael, a girl with blonde hair and a red headed guy that was always joking around. The teacher was at his desk waiting for everyone to enter and looking at some papers in his hands.

Nancy and the blonde started talking about nail polish and their favorite band Wizardry, leaving the boys to start talking about some guy thing. As Nancy was talking she didn't notice that the teacher was taking role. "Nancy Belthorne? (pause) Is there a Nancy Belthorne here?" He turned to the desk where he heard chatter. He placed his hands and said coldly,"Would any of you ladies be Nancy Belthorne?"

"That's me!" Nancy said cheerfully, not realizing that Professor Jarmin was mad at her for interrupting her class."Then Miss. Belthrone would you care not to disrupt my class? I have zero tolerance with chatty girls who have nothing but their own agenda in mind. That'll be 10 points from Gryffindor."

He walked back to his desk and Nancy slumped in her chair, her cheeks red with embarrassment. Professor Jarmin continued role and when he came to Michael Amare he gave him a cold,calculating stare. Geez? What's up with these people? Nancy wondered, Micahel is a wonderful guy, she couldn't see why everyone hated him. She decided from that moment, she would take care of him, like a bodyguard against anyone who thought less of him again. "Maybe that's why he's so shy," she pondered.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:17 pm
thebookworm says...

Professor Jarmin-

"Amare, Micheal." I called,"Amare, hmm. Why aren't you in Slytherin, I wonder?"

I continued with role call, but kept thinking about Amare's misplacement. "I must speak with the Headmaster." I thought. I even forgot about the annoying, chatting Nancy in the corner.

"Let us begin. Who knows what transfiguration is? No one? Well then, ten points from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, for lack of knowledge. Transfiguration is the art of turning one thing into another. Like this." I lifted my wand and transfigured the parchment paper in front of a Hufflepuff into a worm and transfigured it back. "Your goal today is to turn the paper into a worm. You may begin." I ordered.

9 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:37 pm
Saga97 says...

Michael Amare - Transfiguration~

I knew that this class would be uncomfortable. Professor Jarmin was head of Slytherin house, the house my ancestors had considered the house of pride. I could just feel his eyes on me when he called my name, the tingling feeling of guilt ran through me.

"Let us begin. Who knows what transfiguration is? No one? Well then, ten points from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, for lack of knowledge" He kept talking but I heard very little my mind going to the letter I had gotten that very morning. Numbness took over my body. I didn't realize how long I just sat there until a shadow hovered over me. When I looked up I saw him, that angry face looking at me almost with disgust, Professor Jarmin was anything but happy.
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

24 Reviews

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:19 pm
Stellabeam says...

Nancy Belthorne-Transfiguration

"Turning a paper into a worm?" Nancy thought "How?" She raised her hand and said, "Excuse me, how are we supposed to do this exactly? Is there a spell or theory. This IS our first Transfiguration class we know nothing." She stared in his eyes. "I'm sure you're here to teach us. That's why we go to school. If it was so easy we would just stay home performing spells and the like just with the wave of a wand."

Professor Jarmin's lip curled and the class held its breath.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 am
JordanPierre2000 says...

Spoiler! :
Bump! :)
Stop for a while and think about this.

What if we used to be able to make wishes

But then someone wished we couldn't :O

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 am
MariaRowlands says...

Yasmin Jones

I ran to my first class. I had skipped the others because I had been so distraught by what had happened at breakfast. I reach the transfiguration class that I was in. Pushing the door open, I prepared myself for the fury of my teacher, whoever they were. As I got inside all my excuses just deflated and left my mind completely.
"Um...." was all I could say.
(Can someone please take over for a coulpe of hours for me?)
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu May 03, 2012 1:33 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Name: Apathy Luanna

Year: First, Gryffindor

Appearance: Long dark brown hair, navy blue eyes, short, petite

Role: Just a character

Your Story: A young Mud Blood born in London. Her parents have been kidnapped by the Death Eaters the day she left to Hogwarts. She's very lazy but is intelligent, never studies for anything. She came in a little late to Hogwarts because the Ministry took her in to tell her what had happened to her parents.

Other: She has a pet, which is a puppy who is a lucky charm.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

24 Reviews

Fri May 04, 2012 3:42 am
Stellabeam says...

Spoiler! :
Welcome Nike/Apathy! Just jump in when you find an opening :D

Nancy Belthorne

Nancy was saved by the bell or in this case Yasmin. She barged into the middle of the class, breathless speechless. "Are you in this class? What house are you in?"

"Uh, I'm in Slytherin," she said.
"Then you're supposed to be in Herbology.Now scram." Nancy's heart sank as Nancy hurried off, he didn't seem to forget his anger with her. "Detention for Miss. Belthorne, I think." He turned to sit down but timidly a girl raised her hand and said,"Please sir, can you tell us how. We have no idea." The entire class started at him and he sighed, "Well then first you take your wand out and say this...." The lesson started.

If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia