z

Young Writers Society

Robin Hood Gang 4: The Hunted (Ended)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:23 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley'

I went out to find Howard. Now that James was gone, some things had to change. I found him in a small bedroom, looking through a bag. I knocked on the door, and entered.

"Howard, can I ask a favor of you?" he looked up, and raised an eyebrow. I continued, "James has left, and I need someone to fll in his spot. Whenever we went on a more complicated heist, him and Reg had always flanked me, so to speak. Now, I need you to step in where James was."

"And Alis..."

"Has a better place. She always enters first, kills anyone inside that poses a threat, and then we enter. Besides, if I go to meet the leader of another gang or something similar, I need to have a certain force, so to say, around me. Alis is a girl, also also quite small, despite her fighting ability. I can't be taken seriously with a girl by my side."

"Your a girl," Howard pointed out.

"true, but I happen to be a bit more famous-whether that's good or not-than her."
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Reviews: 1
Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:15 pm
Fox says...

Eve

"Can't you guys go one minutes without fighting," I said. Jack, Reg, and Tia all looked at me as I entered the kitchen. They looked like they had completely forgotten I was even in this gang. I sat down and sighed. The day had only begun and I was already worn bored again. I was glad that Alis had taken me with her, but I didn't even do anything.

I looked at Reg and Jack, who were both staring at the clock. "Seriously?" I asked when I realized what they were doing. They didn't say a word. Once the the minute hand had changed, they started yelling at each other almost simultaneously. I sighed and left the kitchen, but grabbed a granola bar before doing so.

As I passed by Howard's room, Riley was just walking out of it, a satisfied expression on her face. "What was that all about?" I asked, walking into his room. He turned to me, confused.

"What do you mean?"

"What did Riley talk to you about?" I asked.

"Oh." he said. I raised an eyebrow. "Nothing really."

"I'm not stupid." I said. He smiled a bit, then sighed.

"It was just about James, and other things like that." I smiled, suddenly realizing what it was. This was just great. He was much newer than I was, and he was already in charge of me. I understood, it just made me feel a little bad. I shook that off, though. He deserved it.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:20 am
Howler says...

Hey, sorry I haven't posted in a while, my SB apathy has been up recently while my non-SB writing has sprung back into action...thanks for throwing me this bone here

Howard

Even while Eve was talking, I couldn't really get over my...well, promotion, lets call it, from Riley. I wasn't much of a trouble maker here, I wasn't anything too important or unimportant, I'd just...I'd been in the eye of the storm. The whole time I got here, until people got past the way I got into this gang, I was chaos and trouble in everybody's eyes, and now, it's gone. It'd been gone for a while, but I didn't feel it as much as now. I wasn't a nightmare or a free loader anymore, and with James gone I had this upgrade in my life here, and I was speechless about it.

I wasn't going to be some dictator, I didn't know what this little promotion completely entitled, but I know that I was further than some people had been so far. Eve certainly seemed irritated by it...she tried forgetting and shaking it off, but it was pretty obvious how she felt. If I were in her shoes, I would be to. I was some a speechless lucky bastard. And what did I want to do with my luck? Same thing I'd been doing most of the time here...I just wanted to sleep and relax.

"It was just about James, other things like that", I said to Eve. I don't know if I was being modest or rude, but whatever it was, it worked. Eve tried shaking off what I just got, and left the room without another word. I layed back on my bed and tried to close my eyes and relax. But all I could do was look up at the ceiling, eyes wide open. Maybe it was about time I woke up, but I can't say I wanted to. For now, I just wanted to stay here, with my thoughts, and think of nothing. Who knows, it could've been the last time I could for a while.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:35 am
Fox says...

Name: Mark Martinez

Picture:
Spoiler! :
Has brown hair and brown eyes

Country and Global Location: Mexico, the South

Languages You Speak: English, and Spanish

Which RHG's were You In Before, If Any?: mentioned in previous ones, but never really had a big part

Vehicle:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He is Jack's second in command, and takes his job seriously. Even though he is friends with many of the Fishers, if Jack is threatened, he knows where his loyalties lie. He has a generally kind personality, though, and doesn't kill people for no reason. He holds grudges, when he feels necessary, and can become very spiteful if you anger him.

History: His family was poor, and he was a delinquent. Stealing was his only way of getting food. When he got older, however, he joined the Marines. After about two years of that, he quit, and was on his own, since his parents had died. He found the Foxes, and was excepted. He had learned to respect authority, so he always did as Jack told. Eventually, Jack made him his second in command, and he's always been loyal to him.

Likes: Girls, Action/Excitement, his friends, and the element of surprise

Dislikes: Riley, people who try to mess with him or Jack, and waiting too long for things

Up for love: Yes

Other: Has a lot of connections
Last edited by Fox on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 0
Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:21 pm
Guess says...

Jack

There was a knock on the front door. Three sharp taps, to be exact. I knew it, Reg knew it, it was someone from the Foxes. I went over, and opened the door.

"Mark, what are you doin' here? How did you find us?" I asked, shocked to find my old second in command standing in the doorway.

"I had a lot of luck, Jack. And some help." He grinned. I could picture him vaguely at some bar, gun in his hand, telling a man hidden in the corner any information on where the Fishers were would get him a reward. I laughed, and Mark raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't tell Riley that, though. She doesn't like having help. She just does everything by her own damned self now."

"I guess that didn't work out," Mark laughed again, probably pleased. Mark never really had liked Riley, after she left anyway. I wasn't sure I had entirely forgiven her for doing that either.
Life's just full of questions....stop asking me and go find some hippie on a mountain.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:27 am
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

I passed Jack and Mark in the hall. I knew another of the little bastards would wind up here, and the only depressing notion was Mark was the one who'd managed. I couldn't stand him. Sure, he wasn't exactly Jack, but he was still as pointless as him and just as infuriating.

"Ha," I grinned as I passed them and flopped my hand over the stair banister. "That's just bloody typical, isn't it? You get one rat showin' up out'a the blue and before you know it, another of the wee shits pops up."

"Well, look. If it ain't Reg Carter," Mark shot back.

"I'm out'a 'ere before pleasantries start, but you stay out'a my face Mark and you might just be 'ere longer than ten god-damn minutes."

I walked upstairs, found Riley again and pulled myself into the room. She was clearly about to leave and see whoever the new guest was at the door, but she didn't have her head straight about something and it was clearly slowing her down. I held out a hand as she was just about to leave. She smiled as if the silence of the situation was indirectly romantic. I had the same blasted thought rush through my head again. God, don't Riles look pretty? Reminds me of my wife... such beauty, just more implied than it was in Bree.... I shook it off and broke the odd silence.

"It's only Mark," I stated and she huffed, returning to sitting on the bed and looking at me attentively as if I needed a reason to be there, which I did. "Tia's playin' sugar-cheeks," I told her, grabbing my corner chair once more. "Whatever she's upto, she ain't lookin' like she's gon'a yap about it anytime soon."

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:51 am
Kaywiia says...

Riley

"Tia's playin' sugar-cheeks, whatever she's upto, she ain't lookin' like she's gon'a yap about it anytime soon." Reg said. I let out a sigh and smiled a little.

"Yeah, Tia's not really the type to talk about something. She's like Alis, get it done, move on, and kill anyone involved. The last part is most important."

Reg and I both laughed, and I mentally slapped myself on the head for trying to be funny. That was a first since I had left Mexico.

It was so much easier with James. Nothing was complicated. I noticed Reg giving me a look, and then I realized I had been speaking aloud. I felt my cheeks grow hot. Another first for me since Mexico.

"You know, I mean that James was better in a fight. I'm having Howard, you know, stand in his place and it was easier with James and now it's Howard and..." I realized my ramblings weren't getting anywhere, "And I'm going to go check on Mark, and the lot of them. Make sure nothings happening."

I swept out of the room, leaving a very confused Reg behind.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:31 pm
Fox says...

Mark

"It'll be fun having you here." Jack said. "Like old times."

"Except...not." I replied. Jack laughed a little. That's one thing I liked about Jack. He was rough, but it was easy for me to talk to him. It wasn't like we were just old partners, it was like we were friends.

Just then, Riley walked down the stairs. "Long time no see, Riles." I said, trying to be nice, but I knew she could hear the edge in my voice because she raised an eyebrow. I tried to smile, but it was hard. This was the girl that broke Jack's heart. It would be hard, probably impossible, to forgive. "So, how's the gang been?"

"Great. It's real nice hiding from the cops and just about everyone else." she said sarcastically. "How do you think it's been?" I sighed. Maybe coming down here wasn't the best idea.

I smiled as a girl walked into the room. "Alis! Nice to see ya." Boy was she something. She stopped, looked at me, rolled her eyes, then turned and started walking away. I huffed. "Hello to you too." I said under my breath. Jack laughed. "Hey, from the looks of it, you didn't do any better, so I couldn't be talking." I said with a laugh.

"So, what are you doing here?" Riley asked me.

"Just thought I'd come up and check it out." I said. Riley nodded, but she didn't seem to happy about it. "I hope I'm not imposing or anything. Just wanted to see how everything's going, maybe stay here a while." Riley's eyebrows shot up, and I could help but laugh.
Last edited by Fox on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:30 pm
Kaywiia says...

Fox, James left a while ago.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:33 pm
Fox says...

Whoops. Sorry. I'll fix that. Where did he go???
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:59 pm
Kaywiia says...

ridersofdamar backed out of this, so I had James just leave because of Jack.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:06 pm
Fox says...

Oh! I meant Jack, not James. Sorry!......fixed it. Let us continue.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:20 pm
Kaywiia says...

Yes, let's continue, come on peoples, post!!

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:08 pm
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

Had Riley blushed? I was confused about everything that had just happened and she left in quite a hurry too. Sure, loads of options had spilled through my mind as soon as she started babbling on about James, but I'd easily ignored them. Now I couldn't lay a grasp on any plausible explanation why. Instead I pushed everything out of my mind, Riley would come around if she was worried about something and if she was holding back something important, she'd tell me. It was just a matter of time. All the while, I'd just get on with the dibble dabble that usually happens around here. That dibble-dabble seemed to be non-existent. There wasn't even any drama these days. I wondered what Tia would be up to, her mischievous bullshit and Riley's high-octane tales about her mass murders. Pfft. Tia had joined the wrong gang for that. We were once the good guys, stealin' and supplying the poor. Now we were hunted; wanted bastards on the run. I had flashbacks of shooting my parents, for the reason that they'd killed countless without reason. But what had I become? I knew I was a killer, whether it be for vengence or honourable protection of those I loved, I was still a killer. I laid on Rileys bed and closed my eyes.

No. I told myself. These killings were worth every penny, it was cold-blooded murderers like Jack, Alis and Tia who deserved death; and one day, death would surely come.

Death always came...

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:36 pm
Vanadis says...

Ace

I took the leaves from Maitea's hands, scrutinizing them ever-so carefully. I was sure I had disdain written all over my face. Sure. They gave me a boost of extra strength to fight the disease, but dammit, I still hurt!

"Debt or not," I said to Maitea, "this is just prolonging the suffering. I need another round of medication, or else these are for nothing. I bet, though, if I had another round...I think that would take care of it." Smiling, I leaned forward to kiss her gently before turning away to seal the leaves tightly in a plastic, zippered bag.

"Where are you going to get it? Didn't your mother not have any?"

Reaching into a front pocket of my bag, I pulled out my gun and two extra clips. I filled those and slipped them into my pockets. Maitea's head was tilted to the side, the gears in her head probably turning; a ghost of a grin was on her face, and her eyes shined. I knew that sparkle well. "Yep," I said. "I need you to come with me. It involves holding up a pharmacy, cause I'm pretty sure Eve doesn't have what I need in her stash."

I paced the room, twirling the gun around in my spindly fingers. I looked out the window, then back at my fiancée. "Think we should take anyone?"

"Err..."

I stopped, held up my hand. "Not Alis. Not Tia, for damn sure. I bet even Riley's doing her own thing."

"Ask Eve?"

That was an idea. "Hm, she might need some supplies. But it's best if we take anyone, it's just us and one other person. This'll have to be a quick job. Actually, you know what? Eve would be perfect. She can friggin' walk out in broad daylight and no one knows who she is. She can be outside security."

"Don't they have that button on the counter to push to call the cops at pharmacies?"

"Exactly," I replied. "So, actually, that's either one or two people we need on the outside for when the cops show up."

She shifted a little. "So...who--"

"Not Alis or Tia!" I hissed. "Now that Alis's debt is paid, I can't trust her anymore. And no one trusts Tia. And preferably not that Jack kid, either; not till I know him better. Same with Mark."

"Well, Jeez, Ace. You just voided like the whole gang."

"Howard?" I shrugged. "He doesn't seem bad."

It occurred to me that either I was turning on nearly everyone in the gang; either that, or they were turning on us. I was never sure anymore. I was just trying to stay alive. Or to kill myself; it varied from day to day. I was as good of friends with the knife as I was with the leaves.

"Maybe we should go run the plan by some people," she suggested.

"Not--"

"I know, Ace. Not Alis, or Tia, or Jack or Mark, or Bob or Joe or the Fairy Godmother. I got it."

Snickering, I followed her out of the room.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

hmmm. you know, the quote generator deserves some garlic bread
— SilverNight