Camp Venire- Accepting (Still A Heap of Spots) *Starting*

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:02 am
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

Here's a link to the SB DT:
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=95579&start=30
Last edited by AlmondEyes on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:14 am
View Likes
SassBideAndRawr says...

Name: Skylar Reid

Appearance: Skylar is around 5ft 4” inches in height with flawless pale skin and a lean, vaguely athletic build. She has a mop of straight white blonde hair that falls just past her shoulders and a pair of intense pale blue eyes surrounded by thick pale lashes. Her features are all very well proportioned on her face and she has a small nose, high cheekbones and rosy pink lips. She has a small heart shaped birthmark under her right eye and a long, wiry scar running along the inside of her left arm. She rarely wears make-up of any sort (she doesn’t need it, anyway) and not much jewellery either. Most of the time Skylar can be seen wearing casual jeans and some sort of pretty tee-shirt though whenever she gets the opportunity she LOVES dressing up. When she is reading or writing she wears a pair of black glasses (or contacts). She can rarely be seen without her camera on her.

Personality:Skylar is often seen as a bit of a loner as she doesn’t talk much around people she doesn’t know well and has never fitted in well with the ‘popular’ crowd. She is actually really smart with a great sense of humour that most people don’t get to see. She is a really compassionate girl and tends to help out people- anyone really- when she thinks that they need it. She loves acting (drama is her favourite subject) and though she is seen as a ‘quiet’ girl all that changes when she goes onstage. She can be loud, angry or scared on just a seconds notice and is great at pretending. She is always very loyal and tries never to break her promises. Truthfully Skylar doesn’t like being alone, preferring the company of other people. Though most of the time Skylar actively avoids being ‘leader’ she can be really calm in crisis and usually has a good idea of what to do when nobody else does. She’s scared of heights, snakes and spiders and when faced with these things she will freeze up. Skylar loves reading, writing and has always been fairly good at English. She can rarely be seen without some sort writing material on her. Skylar also has a very sweet musical voice and has had a few years f Piano lessons- This is something that few people know however as she rarely plays in public.

History:Skylar is an only child and has been home schooled most of her life. Her mother was killed in a car accident coming home from work one day When Skylar was seven. Although she didn’t really understand what had happened Skylar didn’t speak for three years after that- something that the other kids at her school teased her for consistently. After a year her father pulled her out of school and they moved away, to a different down- running from all the painful memories. Slowly Skylar began to heal but she never really did get over the loss of her mother- one of the reasons why she is so quiet.

Team: A

Reason they're at camp: She read about it online a few months back and thought it sounded interesting.

Other: Up for love.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:31 pm
View Likes
Liv says...

**@Sass I don't know if you noticed or not but Skylar is prett similar to fiction's charrie Campbell....and I'm not trying to start anything! I just thought you should know**

And I will take a male charrie in cabin A, please.

43 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:35 pm
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

I want to be friends with everyone's characters. Any objections?

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:55 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

No, sounds good to me.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

43 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:24 pm
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

Ok, and who will already know eachother? Luna's gone every year since she was 14. Have any of the characters been going as long or almost as long as mine?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:26 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

To answer yes, I'll have a profile up soon but may not be until Monday. Team A female please!
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

I'm down with that. And both my charries are here for the first time. Liv told me to say that her charrie will be a returner
Live, Love, Laugh

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:29 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

This is Micah's first year.
Last edited by RedBird on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

43 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:34 pm
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

It's all good either way, so no worries.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Name: Jamie Murilo

Appearance: She stands at 5'3, long black hair pulled back into a pony tail with a ribbion. She has creamy white skin and solid black eyes that tell you she means business. She wears combat boots with cargo pants and an unzipped camouflage jacket with a white tank top.

Personality: Jamie is an army girl, she's trained hard to do just about anything, she has the athletic figure and is lean and strong. She can be mean when she wants to be, but often she's a leader figure, she knows how to be a leader. But she often finds herself shaky when in the spotlight to leader, but once she gets started she makes it look natural.

History: Jamie grew up in a military family, when she was born her father was serving in the military with her mother. Who got an honorable discharge after finding out she was pregnant with Jamie, unfortunately when Jamie was born it was a bitter sweet time, as her father was still serving. As Jamie grew up she learned off her families heritage, she comes from a long line of military men and women who all served in the military at one point or another. When Jamie's schooling started, she had gotten into a military based program called JROTC which provided an introduction to the military.

Jamie loved it and stayed in the program though out her years in elementary school, when she went into high school she continued in the JROTC program. In between her school years she's attended Camp Venire, she often gives the campers a taste of what it's like to be in the military by giving cadence songs and commands that would normally stay in the JROTC program. Currently her father is still serving in the military, she hasn't heard from him. This is Jamie's final year at Camp Venire before going to boot camp for basic training, and it's going to be a bitter sweet year for her as she's going to miss the camp.

Team: A

Reason they're at camp: To remember old things and have a good time at the camp, this is her final year and she wants to make the most of it.

Other: Jamie will eventually receive a letter from her father's higher ups that her father was killed in action, and will also receive a Purple Heart for her father's heroism.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 am
View Likes
LilNinjaBear says...

Okay so now we have an even number in both cabins we can start and more people can join as we go along (if they want.).

I'm thinking another couple of days though... just to give people who have reserved spots a chance to post.

Also my character Cody's uncle owns the camp so he has been around the campus before while visiting family. He has only ever been to the actual Summer camp once before and that was when he was younger.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 am
View Likes
SassBideAndRawr says...

Haha I can't wait! :D

Anyway this is Skye's first year at camp.

@Liv: How so?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 pm
View Likes
LilNinjaBear says...

Spoiler! :
Okay, so we're starting today! :D If you haven't posted you're profile yet then put it in a spoiler and start writing! Have Fun!

Cody Lockwood

I stand by the lake for a while; tossing rocks into the water and watching then sink. The actual “camp” doesn’t open for another hour but some people do choose to get here early…

My parents for example though it would be a great Idea to ship me off early so I could go back to exploring the grounds- “So that you don’t get lost later on.”

I shake my head idly; their idea of early had left me as the first person- probably the only person (besides my uncle and the instructors)- at the camp as far as yet.
I shake my head of the thoughts and look back at the lake; feeling the cool wind against the back of my head. It could almost make me smile.

The sound of the engine coming up the driveway makes me turn around. Finally somebody else is here!

From my seat by the lake I can see as the car pulls up in front of the main office… and is immediately greeted by people.

My Uncle- Director of Camp Venire, Uncle Allan to me and Mr A to basically everyone else- is one of those people and I watch curiously as somebody gets out. In between breaths he turns to stare at my spot by the lake and I take that as my cue; jumping up from my seat to walk to the office.
Things are about to get a lot more interesting around here.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 am
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Campbell:

As the Alexanders pulled up infront of a building, I sweeped my dark brown hair from my eyes, looking through the window with my face practically glued to the glass. Everything was so....different here.

I would have prefered to spend my summer with the Alexanders, their intimate little house cozy and protecting. Fiddling with my parents' rings on the chain around my neck, the car came to a stop. Leaning forward, I gave Martha and Joe and peck on the cheek, a swift goodbye. We said nothing as I heaved my duffel bag onto my shoulder and got out of the car.

Almost immediately I was swarmed by adults. Shouldn't there be more people my age here? Crap....am I the first one here?

Two people that without a doubt were the camp counselers approached me and began to chatter away, speaking so fast I couldn't even comprehend.

"What's your name, dear?" One asked.

Blinking slowly, I fiddled with my necklace, a nervous habit, and answered quietly, "Campbell Hope."

I jumped when a voice came from behind me, "That's a unique name."

Turning sharply, a grinning boy with blonde hair hanging in his warm eyes stood before me. I felt my cheeks grow warm from a blush, and couldn't help but give a small smile.

"Thank you." I whispered, barely audibly.

Before he could say anything else, another car showed up, the gravel crunching beneath its tires.
Live, Love, Laugh

I hope everyone's safe and sound and has some potatoes in the pantry.
— Arcticus