z

Young Writers Society

The 62nd Hunger Games (In need of tributes)

Reviews: 0
Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:16 am
SassBideAndRawr says...

Name: Colt Rylinn

District: 2

Personality: Colt’s not really a bad guy although since he’s from district 2 that’s sometimes what people assume. The fact that he is recklessly stubborn and determined doesn’t really help his cause. He has a good sense of humour, though he can be a little cocky and being a part of District 2 he’s naturally a bit arrogant and self-assured. Despite all that he’s not ‘bad’, in fact he can be really friendly and doesn’t particularly want to kill anyone unless he has to. He is extremely loyal to his friends and family but doesn’t give his trust away all too easily. He will make an effort to get along with the other tributes but will do what he has to in the arena and he won’t turn his back on anybody. He’s pretty smart in this regard and he has a natural instinct for survival, though he’s not at all sure that he can win despite being a career and having trained for this.

Appearance: Colt’s around 5ft 8” with an athletically compound build, evenly tanned skin and a mop of short wavy pale blonde hair. His eyes are almond shaped and an intense slate grey colour that are often perceived as ‘hard to read’. He has high cheekbones that give him a slightly exotic look, a proud nose and a tiny scar running from the corner of his left eye to his ear.

Weapon of choice: Anything with a blade, really, especially swords and daggers.

Up for love: Yes!

Other: He volunteered, but it wasn’t something he planned to do, although he (like most of his district) has been training for the Hunger Games. His younger brother (who’s 13), who had just began training, was chosen and in a moments reaction he was the one who volunteered first. The object he is taking with him is a silver chain with a cross on it.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:54 am
Alvarin says...

Name: Jade Silverman

District: 1

Personality: Charming and outgoing, has good people skills. Patient, calm and thoughtful. Smart, but not cunning. Does not like violence and is a bit of a coward. Often thinks of himself as better than others, but tries not to show it.

Appearance: Eyes the color of jade, hence the name. Black hair. White skin. Tall and athletic. Powerful jaw and straight nose, making him look imperial.

Weapon of choice: Anything long range.

Up for love: Yes. Bi.

Other: His family has high up enemies, and because of that he was chosen despite not volunteering unlike most other kids from district 1.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:54 pm
KatKage says...

Spoiler! :
Just one question; Are we starting in the Arena, or are we gonna start at the reapings? ^^ Cause I'd really like to do all that extra stuffs than just jump in and kill each other ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:10 pm
thegirlonfire says...

Spoiler! :
We'll probably start at the Reaping.

28 Reviews

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:18 pm
KatKage says...

Spoiler! :
YAY!!! ^u^ *dances around like a moron* ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

Reviews: 1
Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 pm
TaylorLove says...

We are starting at the reaping. It would add some drama and be a lot more fun. No one ever starts there, so I am excited.
Last edited by TaylorLove on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:02 am
Jaden G. says...

Starting at the reaping is fun, but we need to be careful because it takes a lot of time, and storybooks tend to not finish when we drag it out.
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

28 Reviews

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:54 am
KatKage says...

Then ay I propose we should limit the days ^^

Spoiler! :
Like, everyone has a day to get their reaping post in (including one the morning of-during/ and another for after if you can get it in) ^^ We spend the next day on the train (where we can view the others ^^) and first ariving at the capitol. Another day for chariots (before and during ^^)

The training should take three days; ya know, like in the book, ya know? ^^ Showing off our skills to the game makers should be one day. The interviews should be done in order, ya know? ^u^ Once we're done with those, maybe we all make one of the night before/the morning of ^^

That should be a little over a week ^^ (If anyone misses the day of whatever, they can just put it in a summery the next time they post ^^)

Then we can kill each other ^u^

That good, or should we just let it go on it's own way? ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:32 am
thegirlonfire says...

We are trying to wait for more people to join so it will be more interesting, so if you know anyone who would enjoy this, invite them! :D

Reviews: 1
Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:14 am
TaylorLove says...

KatKage that is what we plan to do. YES PLEASE GET MORE PEOPLE TO JOIN. I am going to put the DT up, so go check in.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:30 am
Shady says...

Name: Jason Barmen

District: 12

Personality:
Jason has got a short temper and a quick wit, his tongue often cutting lose on an unsuspecting victim before his mind has a chance to filter what he’s about to say. He’s often harsh to strangers, but loves his family more than anything- so he’s often quiet around people he loves, to be sure he doesn’t hurt them.

Appearance:
Jason is 6’3” tall, slender but muscular- he’s got short, brown hair and clear blue eyes, a small goatee kept scruffy and short. He dresses in simple, ragged clothing- wearing anything he can find, until it’s so thread barren it’s falling off of him- trying to save money to give his siblings a better life.

Weapon of choice: A bow

Up for love: Sure, straight

Other: Don’t think so…

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:01 am
VampireSenshi says...

Name: Andrew Lare

District: 11

Appearance:

Spoiler! :
Image - Yeah, he's shirtless. Sorry about that one

Personality: (include strengths and weaknesses) Andrew is a very likable and easy to get along with, he's a ladies man, and he never passes up the opportunity to make a joke. He's very light hearted and is always out to make friends (even if there another tribute - which would be his weakness). He's skilled in alot of different things. Like, if he wants to kill you he knows were it hurts, and where he has to hit you to bring you down easy and mercifully. His methods are quick and decisive, but he won't kill anyone who isn't already trying to kill him.

History: (home life, family life, etc...) His father is one of the working managers of district eleven, and his mother died when he was a child. So he's lived under the cold hand of his father, he wasn't abusive. But he was cold. He taught him the basics of survival, and how to think in touch situations. So he's quick. And his personality comes directly from him trying the least like his father as possible.

Other: (preferred weapons, alliances, up for love, etc...) - His preferred weapons are the knife (any type will do) and the sword, specifically a khopesh (which is a curved sword; a picture here
Spoiler! :

He's up for love kinda, if he can get his mind off the games.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

Reviews: 4
Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:33 am
SidereaAquila says...

OK, here's a brief profile for 4's mentor:

Name: Charlotte "Charie" Hathaway

District: 4

Personality: Charie is a good friend, as long as you don't tick her off. She's opinionated and outspoken, and while she's encouraging to her tributes, she won't lie to them to make them feel better. She's very good at manipulating people, and she has a talent for public speaking. She knows how to make people like you, but if you get on her bad side, she'll make what little life you have left as miserable as possible. She's a little paranoid.

Appearance: Charie has shoulder-length blonde hair and piercing gray eyes. She dresses elegantly, but never wears high heels.

Weapon of choice: She doesn't need one, but she hides a switchblade in her jacket anyway
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:02 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Iris Bloom

District: 10

Personality: Iris since being in the games has a shorter temper then usual and has little patience, when it comes to the tributes she always pushes them as hard as she can and doesn't let them give in. She always encourages them to go past their limits.

Appearance: Dirty blonde hair to her shoulders, dark green eyes, and a very sarcastic smile. She has scars from whippings because she had a few altercations with the peacemakers when she was younger.

Weapon of choice: Sickles.

Up for love: No the person she was in love with died in the games.

Other: She always helps her tributes as much as she can.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:17 pm
Demora says...

Name:Ashtrid Sorrow (Ash)
District:2
Personality:Hot tempered, aggresion problem, and she's got a calm quiet personality when left to herself
Appearance:Sexy bad ass figure that drives them wild with long dark glossy brown hair with a tweak of bouncy curls at the ends that drive her insane sometimes and dazzling turquios eyes that draw you into them when you look into her eyes
History:She is daughter of a peacekeeper and a woman who help train with the masonry but died after she was born so he had to raise her on his own but he wouldn't take the time from his duty so he whisked her away to join an academy as a future peacekeeper in training but no one in the district knows about it so her name is still cast into the drawin every year
Weapon of choice: machete, poison dagger and tipped arrows
Up for Love:yes straight
Other:she suposedly killed her so called close friend of her's at the acade
You need to be the colors to the negatives between life's pages.

In the winter months, gale storms in Svalbard can reach wind speeds of 130 km/h. Accompanied by or following snowfall, such storms can reduce visibility dramatically, more so in the winter months of the polar night. During these storms, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian