z

Young Writers Society

Character Role-Play

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:41 am
neko says...

"Oh sorry! I'm Deanna!" I say, flustered. This aprons way too tight, and the frilly red-and-white polkadotted material streches over my chest.
"Nice to meet you." I hold out my hand
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

Reviews: 4
Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:08 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Hi, Deanna," I said, shaking her hand. "You don't have to wear that if you don't want to," I continued, pointing to the girly apron she was wearing. "I don't know if that's some rule Cass has, but honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm not going to tell her anything bad, anyway."
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:41 am
View Likes
artsy says...

Raymond;

I readjusted my satchel as I walked through the entrance of the Cafe. I took a seat towards the back at a Booth, scooting over right next to the window. Pulling ouut my laptop from my satchel, I opened Word Processor and continued with a novel I was working on. For some reason, I worked better in public, but I never worked well WITH public...
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:45 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

I walked back into the main room. Another guy had showed up, and he had sat down at a booth table with his laptop. Since there weren't many people here, I decided to walk around a little. I hopped up and swung my legs over the counter, dropping down on the other side between two barstools. "Hey," I said, leaning on the guy's table. "Whatchya working on?"

LIZARD!!!!!

45 Reviews

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 am
artsy says...

Raymond;

I flinched in surprise at the girl's sudden voice. I stuttered awkwardly. "Uh...A-uhm. Book. I'm working....on a book." I wanted to slap my forehead. I knew I was socially-awkward, but why did I have to prove that to myself time and time again? My eyes flickered from my tense hands at my keyboard to the girl several times. I studied her appearance and pictured her as one of my characters in one of my hundreds of stories.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:26 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

I had startled the poor guy. He seemed nervous. Sort of...twitchy.

"Oh, that's cool!" I exclaimed. I would have sat down, but he still looked a little traumatized. "How much have you written?"

LIZARD!!!!!

45 Reviews

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:50 pm
artsy says...

Raymond;

I calmed down a little now that I had gotten used to her presence. I let out a deep breath. "About two hundred-or-so pages." I replied, my sentence a little more well constructed this time. "This is my second draft of the entire novel, though." I added quickly. "I've still a few hundred more to go, but so far, I'm moving. " I smiled a little; talking about writing - basically my life - always calmed my nerves. No had been interested in my work enough to ask questions. Ever. I appreciated it from the girl.
~
Will Review For Food

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:16 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Jeez, that's a lot of pages," I remarked, sitting down on the other side of the booth. I had nothing else to do, really. And the guy had calmed down a little, so that was good. "Do you mind if I ask what it's about? ...It's okay if you don't want to tell me; I have a friend who's writing a novel, and she doesn't tell me anything, but..."

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:03 am
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I stared at the sign...Cosmos Cafe. I'd seen it so many times when I was younger. Dad used to take me there every day after school. I wonder if Cass still works there? I don't think Sunny remembers me. I was only eight or nine when I moved to California. It was nice to be back, though. I re-positioned the strap of my messenger bag and took a deep breath. Here's to all the memories, I thought to myself and I pushed open the door.
I took in the smells that hit me like a brick wall and grinned. Just like old times. Well, almost. I grinned at Sunny...she'd gotten taller. The look she was giving me made me wonder if I really looked that different with my hair in a pixie cut. I took in the man beside her. He was pretty nervous and awkward but I could see he was a fellow writer. I walked up to the counter and asked the girl for a cup of coffee. It sure was nice to be back.

45 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:59 pm
View Likes
artsy says...

Raymond;

I smiled, looking up briefly when I saw another girl walk in through the door. "It's about a young boy who can't read or write. He's an orphan and he lives in a library." I replied. "What's your name anyway?" I asked, curious. I'd never met anyone so content on my writing, so of course I wanted to know her name!
~
Will Review For Food

184 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:57 pm
View Likes
RoyalHighness says...

The man asked Sunny for her name. I hated barging in on conversations, but I just couldn't help myself. I walked up to their table.
"Excuse me," I said tentatively. "I'm terribly sorry. Sunny? It's Rose. Do you...remember me?"

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:34 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"I'm Sunny," I said to the writer, before turning to Rose. "Rose," I mused. "Rose, Rose...oh, yeah! We went to school together, right?"

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:28 am
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

Sunny introduced herself to the nervous man and turned to me. I watched the memory flood back into her eyes and I sighed with relief.
"Yeah, we did. 12th grade English with Mr. Morris," I said with a small laugh. "I was kinda afraid you wouldn't remember me. It's been a while."

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:13 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Oh yeah," I said. "I remember Mr. Morris. He was the one who had that desk calendar full of grammar rules, right?"

I turned around briefly. "Hey Deanna!" I called. "Can you bring a pot of coffee out here? Deanna works here," I explained to Rose and the writer guy.

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:15 am
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I pulled out a chair as the new girl - Deanna, Sunny said - brought us coffee.

"Mind if I sit?" I asked. I glanced at the nervous man. "Writer, huh?" I patted my bag. "Me, too."

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown