z

Young Writers Society

Aftershock

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:00 pm
Cspr says...

Name: Clarissa "Rox" Desrochers

Appearance: Semi-tall and gangly. She has ratty black hair, unkempt from some previous hair-cut, and leaf-green eyes. She tends to have a small, disapproving frown on her face. Her clothes tend to be rather ragged, ripped, and she always has black bra straps showing with whatever top she's wearing. (Explanation: It is below.)

Group: Dusk.

Personality: Clarissa would appear quite flat to an outside person. She tries to get away without speaking much, even if she inserts herself into any 'interesting' situations. She is not violent, but she is very--inventive. She knows how to get you back without lifting a finger. She seems idiotic in other regards. Underneath her nicely done disguise, she's a mite sensitive as far as 'feelings' go and a pistol--useful, but fatal if used wrong. Her moral compass is a bit skewered, to be simple about it. Otherwise, she's logical to a fault.

History: Clarissa had a normal life. Parents with a loveless marriage, forced to church on Sundays even though both her parents had long since given up on that life (her opinion), and not allowed to date until she was sixteen. 'Course, then the world ended and all. After that, she did what she always did--made things comfy for herself, did what people wanted to get her own way in the end, etc. But if you want to know more...she had a white kitten named Snow (she never claimed to be particularly creative) who a neighborhood boy drowned shortly before the Apocalypse, her father never let her dress like a 'bad girl' (this included a scarring talk on the 'horrors of black bras'), and her mother more or less ignored her positively ever since she was six and her father cheated for the first time.

Up for love: Depends. ...Depends. She is and isn't picky at the same time.

Other: She tends to rather look like a Batcaver mixed with a hipster.

///

Also, please forgive me for any slip ups in the History. Wasn't part of the old SB, so I may have the exact date of the Apocalypse wrong, Etc. Etc. Yeah.
My SPD senses are tingling.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:57 am
untameabletiger says...

(sorry if this sucks, it's 5 am and I have not slept at all.)
Character profiles:

Name: Ginnada Duplexer "lex"

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Imageshe multiple piercings

Group: Dusk

Personality: piercings, along with fire and her music. Ginnada always tries to look tougher than she is ,( hence all of her piercings) She Can be very blunt . Like most dusks , she is a pessimist , and an arguer. Ginnada's old lifestyle still lingers leaving her with the ability to fit among other groups. Ginnada is unsure about herself and doesn't like to make decisions. Ginnada's anger is one of the few things that classify her with the dusks, she is very destructive.

History: Before her families death, Ginnada lived a high-class basically perfect life. Though envied, she lived in the shadows of her siblings. The only way she could express herself was in her music both written and played. Ginnada's parents seemed more focused on their reputation than their children, every time Ginnada began to reach out to be herself, she was punished for not living the 'proper' way. The night before it all happened, her parents punished her for piercing her lip, by holding her under water until she was unconscious. When she awoke the next day, she was locked in her room with only a small bag carrying her belongings. At an attempt at suicide, she jumped out of her window without her things. A blast knocked her unconscious and blew her forcefully into the forest. Somehow she survived within the company of the trees. Excited to start her journey, she limped to her house, subconsciously knowing what was to come, and found it empty almost completely destroyed, she grabbed her things and left the home that held so many horrible memories.

Up for love: yes, bi curious.

Other: she is a vegetarian and she pierced her own self, except the bridge and collarbone which she had secretly7 before. she wears a silver cross necklace reminding her to keep on.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue May 03, 2011 12:38 am
ToritheMonster says...

*coughs*
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed May 18, 2011 2:44 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Okay, so we're starting up soon. People, please finish your profiles!
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed May 18, 2011 4:09 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Name: Jack Stonemate
Appearance: Always wearing black ragged clothes. Six-foot-three, red shoulder-length hair, parchment pale skin, and piercing moss green eyes. Jack also wears a necklace that is full of rings from many of his targets. If you see him out and about on the streets, you better be somewhere else before he sees you and kills you on the spot.
Group: Jack is from the Dark Group, which to him are his true kinsmen.
Personality: Jack, like all Darks, is very hostile for his age. However, he secretly has sympathy for those who lost a family member at a young age and can relate to anyone who is or was a twin. His hidden sympathy is his most greatest weakness and could lead to his downfall if someone caught him with somebody who's not really a Dark. He's also slightly crazy since he and his twin used to rely on each other before they seperated. Once he goes crazy, there's always a great chance that someone will get killed if in the line of fire. Also in secret, he's suicidal.
History: Jack is really the identical twin of a Dusk. He and his younger twin brother, Jordan, are the only children of a prostitute and a cruel rich man. Their father tried to seperate the boys since they were eight months old, but it was when Jack and Jordan were fifteen when they went their separate ways on their own accord. Because of his hostility, Jack earned his place as one of the Darks.
Unlike most Darks, Jack still mourns the loss of his mother and his seperation from his twin brother. This he does in secret, whether he trusts his fellow Darks or not. He often wishes he would just eat a bullet and be done with it, but he never does because he wants to die with his twin rather than without him.
Up for love: Yes, if someone could calm down a bisexual person like Jack.
Other: Jack has a thing for ancient history and loves his dagger that is hidden on his person. He never leaves his dwelling without his dagger, since his hostility makes him more dangerous than his twin. He also carries a gun, just in case he's in a gunfight. He loves to run around before moving in for the kill, much to his fellow Darks' surprise.

Name: Jordan Stonemate
Appearance Wears black almost everyday of the week. Six-foot-three, parchment pale, piercing moss green eyes, and red hair an inch past the waist. Often than not, he wears a ring that his mother had on before her untimely passing.
Group: Jordan is from the Dusk Group, but has this awful tendency to get hostile.
Personality: An expert whiner and pretty much badass when he's angry. His most greatest flaw is his compassion towards people who are or were twins. He's also superstious at the oddest times- he's got a rabbit's foot hidden in his pocket in case he runs into anything that he considers as bad luck.
History: Jordan is really the identical twin of a Dark. He and his older twin, Jack, are the only children of a prostitute and a cruel rich man. Thier father tried to seperate them when the boys were eight months old, but they went their separate ways at fifteen years old. Because of his philosifical belief, Jordan earned his place as one of the Dusks.
Unlike all Dusks, Jordan secretly mourns his mother's death and blames himself for that and his seperation from Jack. Jordan secretly believes that he was the one responsible for his mother's death since she died giving birth to him and Jack. He often pursues Jack in attempt to rekindle the bond between them and become a family again in spite of thier differences.
Up for love: Yes, but you might have to catch him since he's also loves to run. He's bisexual, but pretends to be straight.
Other: Like Jack, Jordan is fond of ancient history. Jordan carries a switchblade on his person in order to show his opponents who's got the upper hand in the fight. He also has a gun in case he brought the wrong weapon to the wrong fight. He's enjoys a good game of hide-and-seek and often runs around to make someone chase him before he either kisses the person or kills him/her.
Last edited by Redfang18 on Mon May 23, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

180 Reviews

Sun May 22, 2011 6:33 pm
Cspr says...

*raises hand* Still here. Waiting patiently. However, someone posted a dusk girl after me...? Is that kosher? Should I change mine, or what?

*shrugs*

Just want this to start. I actually may have managed to pull off making a BA girl character for once. *nods*

66 Reviews

Sun May 22, 2011 10:08 pm
CelticaNoir says...

We're starting as soon as everyone has their profiles up, Cs.

66 Reviews

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:02 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Ezra | Downtown

The night lights echoed across the horizon, a medley of neon and starlight shimmering across the black-curtained skyline. Ezra tapped irritably on the glaze of the window glass, feeling trapped. On all of the days to have a family reunion...why today? Why have a bloody family reunion at ALL? He glared across at his older sister, Gwyn, who was chatting animatedly with one of their cousins.

Such a suck-up.

"Hey, Ezra!" One of the younger cousins called out to him. "Over here! We wanna talk to you." He stared at her; she looked a Sun, just like Gwyn, except decked out in more expensive clothing than his sister had ever had the vanity for. He rolled his eyes. No doubt this was an attempt at another conversion.

Again.

He looked outside. Dark clouds had taken over the sky in the few moments he had looked away, obscuring the starlight and allowing the neon lights to play off of them. It looked bizarre, almost amusing, and Ezra smiled. Rain always brought on the wildest parties...and even if he had to stay in for another hour and listen to the boring talk, he could always look forward to tonight.

Now, if only he could shake off his cousins' umpteenth conversion attempt...

32 Reviews

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:09 pm
Redfang18 says...

Jack Stonemate

Jack was not happy with his solitude at the moment; his mind was on his brother, Jordan. The last thing Jack said to his twin before they seperated was, "I hope ya choke on a rabbit's foot, you little worm." Half the time for the past four years, Jack often slit his wrists as if to pay a penance that he believed was his to pay. He tied his hair in a braid to give himself the appearance of a girl and slunk into the building, his lucky switchblade hidden on his person.

~~~Les Miserables

180 Reviews

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:51 pm
Cspr says...

Clarissa | Downtown

So, the world was utter shiz today. The humidity was something fierce. Earlier, it had been leaving her leather skirt sticking to her skin, ripped off with every step. Luckily, she'd gone back to her humble abode (she was squatting, okay? Dead people didn't need homes, anyway) and changed into some torn-to-shreds jeans, which were actually cooler. Amazingly. Plus, her heels had been caught in a drain at least once. Oh! And, yes, there had been a Dark down in that drain, some psycho who tried to grab her ankle while she was stuck.

Frickin' freaks.

Now, she was wandering some street. She was walking purposefully in the general direction of her house, a three-level rundown place in the 'burbs south of here, but she couldn't help but--window shop. The cops had gotten lax, at least here. Nobody was really left to run the department. So, say, if she saw a dress hanging clean on a mannequin, not many would give her much trouble for snatching it. Not here, anyway.

Instead she only saw boarded up windows and dark glass. Then--neon lights. She squints, vision going blurry for a second, and then she can see inside. It's some old building with big front windows, lit from the interior. Suns move around inside along with a few questionable people. Most have slightly similar features.

She blinks. A family? No way in heck.

She lets her gaze wander to buffet tables. Food, proudly on display and cooking on buffet heaters--whatever they were called. Meat and bread. Her mouth waters without a thought and her stomach raises a complaint. She hadn't eaten in sixteen hours, or more. She couldn't really remember, actually.

She contemplated sneaking into an alley, donning on one of the costumes in her bag. She proclaimed herself a Dusk, but she was good at acting. It wasn't a lost art--yet.

She blinked, stepping back from the cracked yellow light pooling from a street lamp as one of the female Suns came to the door, a suspicious look on her face.

Clarissa's lip curled.

Ugh. What the heck was going on here, anyway?

Anyway.

They'd probably seen her by now, but maybe she could--try and sneak in. She'd probably get booted around a bit if she were to be caught, but hey--in these days it was worth it.

She took a step forward, into the light--towards the alley.

((Hopefully this is fixed?))
Last edited by Cspr on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:49 pm
megsug says...

Gywn / Downtown

I smothered a sneer of disgust when I bumped into Ezra trying to escape another talkative family member he wanted nothing to do with.

The cousin I had been sharing a rather entertaining anticdote with looked at him and chuckled slightly, wrinkling his nose slightly. "What is that smell?"

I didn't know what he could possibly smell over the mixture of perfumes worn in abundance by many of my female relatives, but I frowned as though something other than flowery scents assualted my nose.

Ezra seemed rather unaffected by our comments and rolled hhis eyes as my cousin continued his vast list of insults made for those of the lower classes.

I blushed and brought both cousins away from him with a few smiles and the promise of a new song as Ezra said something quite disgusting and probably impossible. He always ruined all the fun by acting out. Why couldn't he at least try to be normal?
Last edited by megsug on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Test

32 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:46 pm
Redfang18 says...

Jack Stonemate

He had no sense of paitence now. He hated the way his targets escape from him just when he was ready to drag them to his lair for a little sport. He mumbled, "Forget it. That girl wasn't even worth the hassle, Jacky. She's not even the kind of person to sport around with. Forget it, Jacky. You've bitten off more than you could chew one too many times already." He left the building and hid in an alley. When he was sure he was alone, he slit his left wrist with his switchblade. He's done this many times whenever a target escapes him and he has to pay a penence for that failure.

~~~Les Miserables

32 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:37 pm
Redfang18 says...

Jordan Stonemate

Being amongst other people was a relief to Jordan. Although he wasn't invited to this "family reunion" that he blended in with, he wanted to at least socialize with a fellow Dusk. That is if he could find one. His solitude was greatly unbearable and something in him told him to bail and just go look for Jack. This he wanted to do all day today, but didn't because of the immense boredom. The only thing keeping him going was the hustle-and-bustle around him. He enjoyed watching others and often whined about what someone wears whenever the person comes to him. Half the time here, he almost thought he sensed Jack somewhere amongst the party-guests. Jordan knew his twin better than any Dusk that attempted to keep him company. Although Jack was a Dark and Jordan a Dusk, they still had one secret in common. "We're still brothers, Jacky," Jordan whispered under his breath. "We still are brothers."

~~~Les Miserables

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:13 pm
eldEr says...

Laisha

Laisha leaned up against the building, nervously twisting a loose lock of purple hair around her fingers. Four days. That's how long it had been. Four bloody, cold, lonely days since she had seen or ever heard from another Moon. Or anybody, for that matter. Where she had gotten herself, she could only guess.

She stole a glance at a bent-up street sign, trying to make out the letters beneath the black graffiti. The first letter was F. Like that helped. Laisha could think of a dozen words that began with that letter, not to mention a couple of naughty ones. Yeah, that really didn't help.

She pushed herself away from the wall, letting her hair fall back into place. Purple- there was only one girl in this blasted world with purple hair anymore. Moon-girl Laisha. Which meant, of course, that any other Moon here should recognize her right away. Right? Any sun might recognize her, too... and that just didn't seem all that appealing. Not that it mattered, mind you. People were people, and she'd take a fight or a chase over another lonely few days. With luck, they'd run her through with something-or-other and she'd die.

Ha. As if.

She kept walking, eyeing absolutely ever crevice. She squinted at every window, probed around evey alley-way... nothing. She turned sharply on her heal, going back the way she had come. With a little bit of magic, she'd be able to find her way back to the... less deserted areas on her own. Just like she found here; on her own. And why, pray tell, didn't she ever just stick with one group? It would probably help her avoid situations like this.

She sighed. Laisha will be Laisha, and Laisha likes to wander. Unfortunately for her, that obviously wasn't always a good thing. Something rustled behidn her, making the hair on the back of her neck rise. She stopped, waiting and half-expecting somebody to come mug her from the alley behind her. Nothing. Not a single thing. She sighed, starting up a nervous whistle that had no particular tune. Was a mugger preferable to a Sun, or was it the other way aroun? She whistled louder, praying silently that she'd run into a well-mannered Moon sometime soon. This was getting ridiculous.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

32 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm
Redfang18 says...

Jack Stonemate
If anybody wants to try and relate to Jack or just talk to him for some random reason, be my guest.

Jack had it up to his elbows with playing games. If he couldn't find himself some sport before the sun rises, then so be it. As he walked into his lair- which was a secret place that no Dark was aware he had- with his lucky switchblade still in his hand, his face was troubled. Something was bothering him, but he never showed it on his face unless he was here. This place was his secret haunt, his only true place to call home from the hostile Darks that trashed his public lair as a part of his intiation to become one of them. Although he hated his solitude, he enjoyed the peace that surrounded him in his lair. As he sat in his chair, he dropped his switchblade on purpose and put his head in his hands to weep. In truth, he missed the company of Jordan and wanted to rejoin the family. At this thought, Jack pulled at his own hair and yelled, "That's enough, Jacky! Jordan is no longer your brother! The Darks are your family now! Get a grip on yourself!"

~~~Les Miserables

My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
— A.A. Milne