z

Young Writers Society

Scattered: Hero High *Permission Only* (Started|FULL)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:34 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Yes, feel free to start. I'll try and finish Melanie's profile now and post for Chris in a minute.

So. Yes, we've started!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:10 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Chris Young | Hero High - Outside the School:

"What're we going to do, Dan?" I asked, pushing the boy in question into a wall. He laughed, turning around. I scowled at him. Well, he had been staring at a girl. "Seriously, we need to recruit more villains."

"If you keep saying that, we'll be discovered."

I sighed, leaning back against the waist high wall. A group of new kids were just arriving. I could see a few cute ones, very date-able. Beside me, Dante smirked. His real name was Daniel, but don't call him that. He hated the name, so I called him Dante. He seemed to like it better.

"Hey, new girls up ahead," he commented, waving at the newbies. I laughed.

"Dan, I saw them a few minutes ago, while you were busy eying off the Ice Queen over there." I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye. He'd pulled out his latest toy. "What're you working on now?"

Dan just smiled at me. "You'll find out soon enough."

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:48 pm
wonderland says...

Kieran Bell|Hero High-Outside of School

I looked around, pushing my hair from my eyes. I stood around with a bunch of girls I had just met, listening to whatever they were talking about.

“Don’t you think, Kieran?” one girl asked. I looked up to stare at her, blinking rapidly.

“Sorry, what?” I asked, “I zoned off the moment you guys started to talk.” I shrugged, and began playing with my ring. I looked around the campus, seeing the other students, total strangers. I smiled softly, wondering what they’re powers were, wondering if they could control it. I pulled my t-shirt down over my jeans and looked around. With that I left the girls and began to walk around through campus. I looked around, wishing I had brought some type of sweater. I passed by two boys and quickened my pace a little bit, turning to stare at them.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:56 pm
Tigersprite says...

John Walker | Hero High--Outside School

I trudged up the pathway leading to school's front doors. Strangers were all around me, huddled in groups and talking. Loudly. I turned up the volume of my music; I let the symphony drown out everything else. The headache I'd woken up with was calming down now.

I gave a long sigh as some idiot shouted and broke my concentration in the music. Looking around, I saw a group of girls, giggling and laughing and talking about things which probably weren't very important. Or at least, things I didn't find very important. One of them--who hadn't actually been talking with the others--broke off from the group and began to walk in my direction. I couldn't help noticing how...red her hair was. Such a dark red. Sort-of like Kelly's in Mass Effect 2--

My head hurt. There was someone nearby, another telepath. I could tell by the sharpness and briefness of the pain, like a ping going off in my head.

Turning to my left, I noticed a boy nearby me. The moment he met my gaze he turned away, and so did I. He was a stranger in my eyes, I was one in his. I knew the look well.

I was almost inside the school, and I turned my music up again. What a sweet symphony.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:24 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Melanie Walker | Hero High - Outside the School:

Hero High was...daunting.I stared up at the building.The plants liked it up here--that made me smile. I wandered away from the group, over towards a rather large tree near a waist-high wall. Beside it stood two boys. One with brown hair, the other with black. I stared at them. The brown haired boy was smirking at me while the black haired boy fiddled with something.

I frowned. What were they doing? I glanced towards the tree. I didn't feel like heading over to it while the boys were there...but it looked like I had no choice. I crossed to the tree and placed a hand against the tree's trunk. The brown haired boy was watching me, I could tell, but I ignored him as I closed my eyes and listened to the plant.

"What is she doing?" one boy muttered. I did my best not to move.

Chris Young | Hero High - Outside the School:

"What is she doing?" I muttered, frowning at the girl who had approached the tree. Dan looked up and stared at her for a moment.

"I believe she's talking to the tree," he commented, the...thing...in his hand flying together quickly.

I paused, glancing towards him "Talking to the tree?" I asked, startled. I'd never seen something like that. Talking to a tree. Weird. I sighed, shaking my head and went back to watching her. She stood there for a long time before walking off, after glancing towards me again. I smirked. "She's going to end up a Sidekick."

Dante looked towards me. "Say what?" he asked and I repeated the comment. "How sure are you of this?"

"Very sure," I stated and shoved my hands into the pockets of my jacket.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:34 pm
Winchester says...

Frankie Aribellia Hues| Hero High|Looking through window in dorm|

The windows were dusty, and looked like they hadn't been cleaned all summer...I had nothing to do, and all I could see was Chris and his friend Dan, who was working on somthing, and wispering about something somthing...I knew exactly what is was about.

Recruiting Villans...

Yes, I knew.

Why did I know?

Well, Chris asked me out a few months before the end of term last year, and within a few months of being sweet, he asked me to come to the 'dark side', but sadly enough they didn't have cookies, so when I dumped him they decided to tie me up and threaten me that they would do somthing very bad if I told anyone.

Got to be one of the hardest things I have ever, ever, EVER attempted, wait...urmm, done.
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:51 pm
Kaywiia says...

Ashley "Ash" Runner

I smiled and waved as I walked away from the girls-my girls- and towards the entrance to the school. Halfway there, I noticed a boy who I hadn't seen before. He was either new here, or not someone I would know. I gave him a smile as I walked in, determined to make him think I was a nice person. Everyone thought I was nice, and he wouldn't be the exception.

I walked down the hallways, extanging smiles and waves with my friends. Compliments on my shirt, idle talk about classes, and gossiping about the weekends happenings filled my ears until I reached my locker. Some of the group drifted away, but most stayed, still talking to me, while I tried to give them each a response. It was like texting five people at once, everything got a little confusing.

Suddenly, I felt myself getting clostrophobic. I quickly turned myself invisible. The others got the clue and walked away. Once they were all gone I made myself visible again.

I opened up the narrow door, took a breath, and looked in the mirror. With disapointment, I bit my bottom lip. Slowly I turned every direction, hoping I might look pretty from one angle or another. No difference. It didn't matter, I would be thin enough soon. I hadn't eaten for two- don't think about it, don't think about it. Then you'll get hungry.

I straightened up, and grabbed my textbook out of my locker. I looked in the mirror one more time, then used a hiarband from in my little tray to pull my deep red hair back into a ponytail.

Suddenly, I felt someone looking at me from behind my back. I turned around and gave them a smile.

(This can be anyone)
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:46 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Roxalle Turner | Outside the School

A smile flickered across my face out of instinct. It was only polite, I'd been taught, even if I had no idea who this chick was, to smile back. I plucked a bit of fuzz from the velcro on my bag, flicking it into the distance. Mom's words still rang in my ears (she'd had to shout over the music Dad had been blaring).

"Careful who you say hi to, Girl Bug."

It was a nickname she'd adapted just for me. Dad's super-name, because of my powers, but with a quick rewording to clear up that I was, in fact, female. I ran my fingers through my hair, sweeping the 'hawk backwards, and then steepled my fingers, wanting something spiky to give an impression. A tall kid in clothes that hung off her, and short, spiky hair. Yep, I was going to get some "Hey, bro." 's today.

I folded my arms and settled into a slight slouch, eyes darting over the school. Well, I didn't want to be late, but being the first kid in always ended badly. Except there half the student body was already in, so I might as well. I ignored a dirty look from a girl nearby (another one I didn't recognize) and wove through the herd, one hand on the strap of my bag and the other thumb hooked in my left pocket.

I dodged a couple of people here, a loner who looked far too pleased with himself there, and teachers everywhere. I really didn't like "saying hello" to my parents for them. That usually ended with me playing messenger between Mom and Dad -who were both slipping past their prime- and teachers -most of whom had been past their prime for years.

I rolled my eyes, at basically nothing, and kept on slipping through the crowd, trying not to knock into anyone. Unnoticed Girl was at it again.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:43 pm
Flux says...

WALLACE:
Mom tended to worry too much. For a person who'd been named "Jubliation" ... yeah, she worried a lot. You'd think that maybe at sixteen you'd be able to escape from her grasps, and that dreaded kiss on the front step of the school -- but of course not. And then there was dad, who'd probably snap pictures of every single kid if he could -- but of course he isn't allowed. With a curt wave, I hurried up the stairs to the school, my backpack slung over my left shoulder. I could feel the idiotic flush on my cheeks, creeping up from my neck. It felt like every eye was on me as I stepped through the doors -- but of course with a quick glance around, there were none, much to my relief.

Just ... calm ... down, I told myself, taking a deep breath. Keep it cool. Cool, yeah, I could do cool. I took a wide step forward, stepping onto familiar ground. Sure, it wasn't gorund I was proud of -- but it was familiar all the same.

All around me, I could hear the chatter of teens -- their summers, their clothes, their workout schedules. But none turned around and said, "Hey Wallace, how was your summer?" Remind me to store this memory, this walk of shame in the deepest recesses in my mind -- that way I may be able to call upon them at my disposal when I have to talk to my psychiatrist in my later years. I continued down the halls, weaving my ways through the labyrinth of ignorant students -- all of whom seemed determined to cut me off in some way or another; display my shortcomings. With a great, exhalation of breath, I pushed my glasses farther up on my noise and continued down the hall, my backpack banging against my thigh.

I didn't seem to be the only one, left totally oblivious to the world. I fell into step with a familiar face. Looking towards my left, sparing a quick glance, I noticed Roxalle. She had her dark hair styled into an array of spikes -- that of which my hair would never agree to do. I tried for something witty -- usually a difficult feat if I weren't familiar with the person. Sure, Roxalle had that sort of ... cold demeanor about her, but she seemed like she might have a sense of humour. I mean, sometimes you can't always judge people -- look at me. I like to think there's more to me than just an awkward sixteen-year-old dork. "Prepared for another year of proverbial bench-warming?" I asked, referring to both our status' as sidekicks. I feared that she didn't hear me -- or was ready to ignore me. I turned my eyes to the floor, hoping for a response. It would just be lovely to look like I was talking to myself on the first day!

Someone cut in front of me. I stopped abruptly, unable to hear Roxalle's reply -- or possible reply -- about the din of people. "I'm sorry," I muttered, trying to sidle past to catch up.

So, I'm sorry, but this isn't the greatest. I haven't storybooked in more than a year, lol. I know it sucks, but hopefully it'll work for everyone!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 pm
Mazzi says...

Jack Summers

This was getting tormenting, I see people pointing and staring, then going into there little chat groups taking glances at me every few seconds. OK, I know I am Jean Summers son, yes, she did recently die. No I don't want you to talk to me about it. Reading minds was second-nature to me now. I wish there was someone who just liked me, for me. But no, it was too hard to find a friend when you are apparently the child of a superhero celebrity. I had the sudden thought of erasing somebodys mind of there knowlege of the my mother and father. They'd be a real friend, but I know I can't do that. I'd be suspended. So I just carry on my normal routine of walking towards my tree and going into meditation. The only place I can have peace and quiet. I was incredibly skilled at it now, I could go into meditation in less than two minutes. It was a personal challenge of mine. Before I could attempt to block sound out of my mind, I heard someone sit down. I could ignore it, but I was curious, so I turned round to see who was at the opposite end of the tree.

Kate Dean

Maybe this could be my new chance, to be the popular girl I have never been. In here I suppose you are judged by your powers. But I still wore my makeup as usual, it was becoming a habit of looking good wherever I go. I never really cared about it when I was younger, but as many people have said. I'm growing up, i'm intrested in boys and been beautiful, your steryotypical 15 year old. I was outside of the school and just stood on my own, there was really no-one to go to. I knew no-one. I saw someone with her hand on a tree, maybe she had the same powers as me? I started to walk over and stopped, they were boys there. They looked like they were winding her up, should I go? Maybe not, I carried on walking forward for some reason I can't explain. I tapped her on the shoulder with the two boys either side of me smirking. I blushed and said "Hello?" She didn't turn at first. The boys broke out into a laugh now. I felt like running away. But luckily, the girl slowly turned and greeted me.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:37 pm
Lethero says...

James sat in the back of the classroom, tapping his foot. It had almost been one year to the day he woke up with no memory of who he was. He could remember how to use his powers well enough, but as for his who he was, who his parents were, and why he had lost his memory, he was completely clueless. The only clues he had was a birthday with name James written in it and a newspaper clipping from the obituary about couple named Lily and Scott who looked similar to him.

The ringing bell belled him from his thoughts, and he sat straight as other students began piling into the classroom. "Welcome back students," said the teacher. "This year we have a new student in our ranks. James will you please stand up." James stood up. "Can you tell us about yourself."

"I'm James. My powers are Kinetic Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, and slight telepathy. As for my past, I can't tell you that."

"Why because you'll put us all in danger?" someone snickered.

"No, because I can't remember anything from more than a year ago," James replied coldly, sitting back down.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:30 am
ScarlettFire says...

Melanie Walker | Hero High - Outside the School ~ Near a Tree:

A tap on my shoulder pulled me out of my talk with the tree. I hadn't heard a word the boys had said while I linked to the tree, but now someone was trying to get my attention. Someone said hello to me--a girl. I drifting away from the tree and opened my eyes, turning towards her.

"Hello," I replied and then stood there awkwardly.

The two boys I'd seen earlier had moved--closer. The brown-haired boy was approaching me. His smirk wasn't...completely a 'good' thing. It didn't say hero.... I frowned. If I didn't know better, it said Bad Boy. And that was a small step away from villain.

I looked towards the other girl and tried to ignore him. "My name is Melanie," I said. "What's yours?" Awkward, I thought. The boy stopped approaching, leaving his friend over by the way still.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 pm
Mazzi says...

Sorry this is short and there are some mistakes, it's hard to type on a kindle >.<

Kate Dean

I flicked my eyes nervously from the first lad to the other. I didn`t want to scare myself but they did look quite bad. Note to self: stay away from them in the future. I remembered that the girl asked my name, I turned to her nervously and said "I`m Dean, Kate Dean." There, that seemed normal enough, the boys started laughing once again, what have I done wrong this time? I ran the sentence through my mind. Only then I realized that I quoted a James Bond film, I don`t know which, I find films highly un-intresting. I came back to the real world to see the girl with a weired look on her face. I stuttered and shouted "I mean I'm Kate Dean!" I gave her a nervous smile knowing that I said that a bit too loud. Smooth move, Kate.
Last edited by Mazzi on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:33 pm
Warrior Princess says...

Meleah Rae | Hero High - Outside the School

I gripped my purse like a life-preserver as I squeezed my way through the students flooding onto the campus of Hero High. It was odd how normal everyone looked; you'd never guess they all had superhuman abilities. It almost reminded me of my old high school. I wished, for the thousandth time, that I could have stayed there instead of transferring here. Back at Clairmont High, I'd actually had a persona: straight-A student; great singer; member of the Spanish club, the drama club, and the student council. I'd never been particularly popular, but I did have friends. But here . . . here I was just another mutant.

For a moment I considered leaping into the air and flying over all their heads, just so I could get inside the school and have a moment to think. But no one else seemed to be making obvious use of their powers, and I had no interest in being the odd one out.

I glanced admiringly at the huge, green tree that stood near the school. Two girls stood beneath it, talking. They appeared to be introducing themselves. I felt a pang of loneliness. Both of them were beautiful, without a doubt. Striking. Noticeable. I wasn't. I was small and shy and wore plain clothes. And I was awkward.

I turned and hurried toward the school. But, as fate would have it, my foot struck a crack in the sidewalk, and I fell. My purse flew open, and its contents spilled all over the ground. My face burning and my hands skinned, I sat up. It took me a full two seconds to realize someone was offering me their hand.
You must be swift as the coursing river,
With all the force of a great typhoon,
With all the strength of a raging fire,
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:33 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Kyle had no clue why his father had sent him to this Hero High. His former life of going to a public school while his father trained him had suited him fine. He envied his sisters. Neither of them had to leave their friends behind. He moved through the thong of students as he headed to the school. He was amazed to see how many girls were present, as if they too planned on one day becoming heroes. The idea was ridiculous. He saw two girls by a tree; they were beautiful like porcelain dolls that were nice to look at but were easily broken. He shook his head. Girls like that were sure to get hurt in their profession he had no doubt.

As if to prove the point, that girls were not meant for this school one tripped on apparently nothing and hit the ground with her purse spewing its contents all over the ground. Kyle quickly made his way to her and offered his hand with a smile. “Are you injured? Do you need help picking up your belongings?

She nodded at Kyle and he helped her bring the various purse contents together and put them back in. Kyle got back up and helped her to her feet. “You ought to be more careful next time,” he said with a smile. He examined her to see if she had any cuts or scrapes from the tumble. If she did he would heal it. He didn’t often practice using his yellow shield as his father considered it to be useless. Not seeing any cuts himself he decided to ask.

“Have you sustained any cuts or bruises from your fall? If you have I can heal them.” There was a rule about not using powers to hurt others but this would be the direct opposite and would be helping her so Kyle saw no problem in offering. She lifted up a sleeve to show a small scraping of skin at her elbow. He examined it for a moment then. Lifted his hand a brilliant yellow bubble of energy surrounded her. It flickered a few times indicating lack of practice, but he could see the skin knitting back together. Anything within the shield would be healed. Since there was not much healing to be done the shield would probably just revitalize her, as if she had woken up from a really good sleep and was bursting with an undefined energy. He of course only could only take his sister words for it since it did not work on him.

Kyle retracted the shield. A few people had looked, but in a school of supers such a simple act was nothing special. Curious he asked the question that he knew would be prevalent throughout the day. “So what’s you power?” “I’m sorry, excuse my rudeness. My name is Kyle. What’s yours?”
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)