z

Young Writers Society

The school of the seven *Starting*

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:51 pm
Dragonet says...

Woot! First storybook! Trust me once you've started doing them, you're hooked. But they're so dang fun! :D
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:07 pm
Shearwater says...

Name: Patch Collins (17)
Sin: Gluttony
Sex: Male
Picture/description:

Like: Food of course! Hunting, fighting and showing off his family's wealth. Enjoys being silly and sarcastic. He likes to be violent while playing games/sports and strives hard to loose calories. Favorite color is blue and he likes his favorite pair of socks. (Which he hardly changes).

Dislikes: Greedy people and monotone colors. Dislikes reading, and staying in one spot.

How they use their sin: Flaunts fine food in others faces and even goes to the extent of stealing. If caught, he will fight for it. Even if it's a lollipop.

Up for love: If he develops feelings for a certain person, then sure. Although he's quite possessive.

Weapon and Language:
Skilled in handling twin swords. Knows martial arts and speaks English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and French.

Other:
He likes being surrounded by people and sulks when he's lonely. Sometimes he's a bit of a chatterbox but other times he's quiet. Homework is completed on time but he's not a genius. The Collins are a rich family and they have to be...to feed him. Although he shoves food down his throat like there's no tomorrow, he's thin due to his high metabolism.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:15 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Well unless anyone objects we can start today. I would prefer my character to post last into coming into the school so if anyone wishes to start then post
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

25 Reviews

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:43 pm
Dragonet says...

Ceen~Sloth

I stood lazily in the corner of the hallway. My back against the wall, my arms crossed, and my gray eyes studying all who past by. Almost morphing into the shadow.

As Lucifer suddenly scurried by, my arm shot out and grabbed her shoulder to stop her. "Hey, Luc," I said, "Where ya going so quickly?"

She stopped and caught her breath, "I forgot to give some papers to the headmaster." She brushed off my grasp and said," I have to go." But as she talked, her eyes trailed off to a group of our friends, who had kinda gathered in the hall.

"Oh, come on. We still have a while before school actually starts," I said convincingly. She shrugged, but she couldn't help giving a longing glance in the groups direction. "Come on." I motioned with my head and then walked over. The corner of my mouth raised slightly when I heard her footsteps following.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" I asked in a bored tone. My cheeks warmed slightly when I caught Mortimer's eyes-not sure why- but I quickly covered it up by adding, "You guys ready for another school year?"
Last edited by Dragonet on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:05 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Ice
I looked up and smiled as Ceen and Lucifer approached. "Hey guys." I said pulling out one of my headphones and they could hear 'The Other Side' blasting from my headphones. "So what's going on?" Ceen asked. "Listening to music as always. Oh did you guys hear a new student is coming here?" I said. "Really? Who?" Ceen asked. "Not quite sure all I know is that he's a French student." I said. "How do you know?" Luc asked. "People around here have extremely loose lips." I said with a smile.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:02 pm
Tigersprite says...

Mortimer

I walked straight past the others; I didn't have time for time-wasting chit chat. Oddly, Ceen reddened slightly as I past.

I moved quickly and my feet automatically took me to the library. Hannah--the school librarian--was in there arranging the books on the shelves and tidying up the place. She nodded at me, her grey hair shining in the sunlight streaming in through the stained window. School hadn't started yet, but we knew each other well.

I went to my favourite place, the shadowy corner at the far end of the library. Hannah had arranged my cushions exactly as I liked them. I made a mental note to thank her later.

I made myself comfortable, and getting out my mp3 and Old Celtic language book, I breathed a sigh of pleasure. Evanescence sang 'Bring Me To Life'. Rarely had I been so content. Of course, I was sure someone was going to come bother me soon enough and screw it all up.
Last edited by Tigersprite on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:08 pm
Shearwater says...

Patch-Gluttony

My fingers crawled into my jeans as I walked down the hall. Finally, I pulled out a red jolly rancher. "Wicked." I popped all its sweet goodness into my mouth, letting it's raspberry juices heighten my senses. Passing the Library, I noticed a familiar face. Mortimer. Hm, I'll see what Morty is up to and then meet our crowd later.A smile tugged at the corner of my lips and I tiptoed into the quiet sanctuary. Hannah, the librarian, gave me a piercing look. She knew I was trouble.

I wondered if Morty had any sweets to give me. We weren't exactly friends per say, barely companions. He was secluded, liked his space and I was loud and a bit obnoxious. I slid into the seat in front of him with a flash of teeth. "Oy, 'sup Mortimer?"

His gray eyes flashed at me and his brows knotted together as if he knew something was going to disturb his peace. I ignored his dark glare and stuck my jolly rancher out between my teeth then slipped it back into my mouth. “What aren’t you down with the others?” I asked, tapping my fingers on the desk. "Oh, and do you perhaps have a certain something on you that I might enjoy a taste of?” I sniffed the air. “I can smell it.”
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:05 am
Winchester says...

Eurgg, All they did was stare...yea, if they were hot? I'd stair back, but the perverts just eurgg!
I walked past the libary...and saw Patch and Mortimer...Okay so they were both hot but I had known them for ages, They didn't even bother staring at me.
"Hey Kolbey!" Patch shouted, I sat down at the side of him...He was eating a handful of sweets, Mortimer was lisening to his mp3 again, Evenesance? That crap again?
I grabbed my iPod touch and started lisening to wbit of Kesha.

I observed the libarians horrible outfit...Then the rest of the crew came in.
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

12 Reviews

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:22 am

Fire
I walked into the library gave a half wave to Mortimer and Patch then I smiled happily. It smelled so good in here. I walked as quickly as I could to the dustiest shelves where the horror and classic books were. The shelves more towards the front were where Twilight and other books of the like were. I felt a smile work its way on my lips as my fingers trailed over the worn covers. I sighed in content as my fingers found IT, Return to Yesterday and Cujo which were all books which I had read more then once. I put in my other headphone flipped to Evanescence and walked to the front desk and checked them out. I sat down on the ground my legs tucked under me and I flipped open IT and started to read completely content.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:39 am
View Likes
Tigersprite says...

Mortimer

Of course it would be Patch first to ruin everything. I told him quite clearly to go away, but if he heard me he didn't show it. Then Kolbey came with her horrible music, completely blocking out the sound of Amy Lee's voice. And then everyone else trailed in, destroying the silence. So much for a great morning.

Ceen turned to me and said, 'Hey Morty! Whatcha up to?'

Gritting my teeth together, I replied, 'Learning Celtic.'

'Eh?'

'It's a language.'

She nodded wisely, as if she understood, which we both knew she didn't. And then Patch joined the conversation.

'Celtic? I thought that was a kind of sweet. Which reminds me Mort, you still haven't given me any sweets. Don't think I can't smell one on you. My nose is as sharp as a bloodhound's!'

I sighed, and handed him the chocolate bar in my pocket. This was going to be a long day.
Last edited by Tigersprite on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

12 Reviews

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:59 am

Fire
I looked up at Mort who was grimacing and I caught his eye. 'I know the feeling.' I mouthed. He just rolled his eyes and I smiled slightly and turned back to my book. "What are you reading?" Kolbey asked. I looked up at her so tempted to give her a death glare but I just shook my head slightly. "IT." I replied holding up the book so the cover was visible. She said something and I popped out a headphone I winced once I heard Ke$ha blaring from her headphone. "What's it about?" She asked. I opened my mouth closed it and shook my head with a slight smile. "Read it and find out." I said calmly putting my headphone back in. It felt slightly good to snub her but I felt a slight bit of guilt. 'She'd do the same.' I though to myself and the guilt wen away. I turned back to the book burying myself in the mind of the king of horror.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:16 am
ImABookPerson says...

As I followed Ceen into the library, after passing Ice and saying "hi" to her. She said something about a new french kid, I wonder who could it be. After being dragged by Ceen to the library, I saw that Fire was there, I went to sit beside her.
"Yo what's up Fire?" I said. She glanced at me for a second, taking her eyes of book. "Nothing much, just finishing up some reading."

Then I remembered I wanted to asked someone this question. " So, when does school start again? Because I'm completely lost here" I asked, waiting for someone to answer me.
I won't run when the sky turns to flame
and I sure won't budge when the earth does shake
when the flood comes up, I will dance in the rain
'cause it's all the same to me

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:45 am
Winchester says...

Gosh, no need to be so mean I thought...I couldn't be that bad, surely?
Okay, so maybe i'm one of the only girls who can get food of Patch, or...Okay, steal.
But seriously i was the best dressed in the room...the bell went, and I headed to class.
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

25 Reviews

Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:29 pm
Dragonet says...

Ceen~Sloth

When I walked into my geology class, everyone turned and looked at me. I was late. Again. Did I care? Nope. I had some things that I had wanted to do before I got to class, and I guess it took longer then I had expected. Or, maybe I knew it would make me late, and yet I did it anyways.

Anyways, I slumped into my desk and slouched down. "Welcome to a new school year, miss De Angelo." My teacher said. I lifted my head slightly and peeked at her through one eye. "Lets not make a habit of being late," she continued. Oh, I can tell that she's missed me, I thought sarcastically.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:38 pm
ImABookPerson says...

Lucifer
I walked into class, to see that Kolbey and the others was already there. I took a seat next to Kolbey, after a few minutes after the class begin, Ceen walked in. She was late, and she knew it. But she didn't care, well that's Ceen for you.

I leaned at my chair, as the teacher talked. I yawned, It was the only first day of school and I was already bored of it.
I wonder how will I ever survived this year.
I won't run when the sky turns to flame
and I sure won't budge when the earth does shake
when the flood comes up, I will dance in the rain
'cause it's all the same to me

Perhaps the real rickroll was the friends we made along the way
— GengarIsBestBoy