z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games - Done

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:39 pm
View Likes
TheGreatIthy says...

I want in! I loved the hunger games books (ones so far) I will post as soon as I can. Hopefully before the end of the day, if not definitely tomorrow!
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

45 Reviews

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:32 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Name: Leon Echelon

District: 6

Appearance/Picture: Dark brown eyes and long, shaggy jet black hair. Clean shaven going into the games. Slim build, looks to be no more than 125 pounds. Looks malnourished but he actually eats quite a bit. Has a tendency to fidget when he is nervous or thinking deeply.

History: Leon was born into a low income family and was labelled as somewhat of a child prodigy. He is very smart and can learn pretty much anything given a short amount of time. Even if he is physically incapable of doing something, he can learn everything about it in hopes of understanding it enough to counter it (if weapon) or build it in a pinch. He was never a strong boy and he completely forgoes any form of major physical activity in favor of a textbook of some sort.

In training before the games, he focused on traps, hiding and survivalist techniques and mastered them quickly. He was able to passably use a bow for mid-range attacks but it never is a sure thing if he'd hit his target or not. As for swords and hand-to-hand combat... Let's just say it is a good thing he can set traps or hide so his enemy would not get close.

Skills: Expert trap maker and knows how to blend into the environment. He knows how to survive when given next to no resources. Passable use of a bow, but not capable of long range and mid-range attacks are iffy at best.

Weaknesses: Cannot fight hand-to-hand or with melee weapons. Tires easily if he is running for too long and can't run particularly fast. Has a tendency to wander off aimlessly and becomes unaware of what's going on.

Personality: Leon is a quiet man who prefers to stay in his own little world in the clouds. Can come across as a know it all even if he doesn't mean it. He will not take charge if in alliance and only speak when spoken to. Has a tendency to wander off lost in his own thoughts which can be dangerous for all involved.

Up For Alliances?: Yeah, he's up for it but won't actively search for it.

Your Symbol: The chameleon for its ability to blend into the environment and survive against bad odds.

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): I will say 6 or 7. Whatever is at least once a day. That's my goal.

*I will upload another profile later on today. We need more males...*
Last edited by TheGreatIthy on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:44 pm
Calligraphy says...

This looks great :D Finally a boy!

Random avatar

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:57 am
Calligraphy says...

Junglelover,

1. - your character's family wouldn't own a zoo. It would probably be more like a huge factory farm. You would probably have a repetitive job like cleaning stalls or something.

2. You didn't actually describe his personality.

3. (Weaknesses: he cares way too much of what people say about him, and often gets too carried away and hurts people.) It probably won't matter in the arena if he hurts people to bad sense they are trying to kill each other. It also probably won't matter if her cares what people think when he is trying to survive. So make his weaknesses better.

4. You say his skill is that he is good with animals. Good, but there is a training time before the games where contestants learn things about surviving. What did he learn there?

5. Could you give him a last name?

You will just have to find out what animals are in there. *Laughs and evil laugh*

Note to everyone else I am adding one more thing to the profiles. It will help me decide who is going to win. How much are you going to post?

A. S.

P.S. Spread the word guys, and try to make alliances. :D If possible take two characters.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:43 pm
Junglelover says...

Right, I wasn't quite done yet...
Is this the kind of SB where you should of read the book? Because I haven't........
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

57 Reviews

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:14 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name: Falco Quincy

District: 3

Appearance/Picture: His hair is dark, but he's bleached the ends of it. His eyes are light blue and he's actually rather buff. Not especially tan, but fairly so. Tall and broad shouldered.

Spoiler! :

History: Not much of one. It's him and his dad. Always. Falco doesn't especially like it, and is constantly trying to sneak off to Quincy Auto to talk to Andi, who's his cousin. He's not nearly as clever as she is, but he's smart enough, and streetwise. His mom is either dead or missing (they don't know which) and all his brothers have gone off on their own. He's the youngest out of all of them.

He works at a little tech shop with his dad that sells spare parts, and is well acquainted with Andi's brother because of it. (Andi herself never gets the stuff; she just sends her blind brother. Of course.) He's not entering to save anyone- he just wants to prove to the rest of the family that he's not just going to be the cashier at Quincy and Sons for the rest of his life.

Skills: Street smart, fairly good at math, knows how a lot of things work, deals well with heat, fast runner, strong, resilient, charismatic, can plow through just about anything, strong immune system.

Weaknesses: Nowhere near as smart as Andi, awful with history, doesn't have access to what he knows, cannot stand the cold, not much stamina, a bit of a pushover, not very quick learner, jumpy at times, can't go very long at all without food, foolhardy.

Personality: On edge a lot, tenderhearted and jumpy. People pleaser and with enough muscle to put up a fight against a tank. Okay, exaggeration, but still. He doesn't like verbal fighting. Physical? Oh, he's fine with that. It's when people yell and scream that he panics. Unlike Andi, if he was handed a bar of soap and a handful of mud, he couldn't make something out of it, but he does barter pretty amazingly, being a shopkeeper's son.

Up For Alliances?: Yes- he might need them, in fact.

Your Symbol: A coin.

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): For him? ... 3 or 4. Mainly because I'm not good with guys.

Other: Wears an old coin around his neck on a piece of suede.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

45 Reviews

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:57 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Name: Ivan Istor

District: 1

Appearance/Picture: A very lean build suited for someone who is very dextrous and fast. He has dark brown hair and blue eyes. At the onset of the games, he is well groomed and looks very stunning.

History: Ivan grew up wanting to be a part of the games and trained every day since he was 12. He would run around the district every day and train to maximize his strengths to minimize his weaknesses. His parents didn't want him in the games and went through great lengths to not let him be a part of them. They would pay off other kids in the district to volunteer before he had a chance to. Finally, he was able to get into the games by making sure the other kids would not take his parent's money. In his training, he focused on swordsmanship and his dextarity made him almost a natural. He knows basic survival, but it's nowhere near enough to truly survive in the long term.

Skills: Speed and dextarity through major training. With that, he can handle a sword expertly and the speed will be invaluable at the start to get to his preferred weapons and survival gear. Knows enough to not poison himself on the environment.

Weaknesses: One trick pony. He can handle a sword and dodge expertly, but is not adept at survival which can be very important. Also, he tends to lose focus in the heat of battle and gets sloppy. When his anger takes over, his expertise means nothing and he will just attack relentlessly. Cannot use any sort of defensive measures save for running. That includes stealth, traps or making sure camp is safe for the night.

Personality: Very spirited (loud) person with a quick temper. If in a minor argument with anyone (allies included) he will likely pull his weapon on them possibly leading to a fight. He always wants to take charge and will likely be the leader of the alliance he is in. Though he may be quick to anger and fight, he always believes in giving his opponent an honourable death. That is, he will never stab someone in the back and will give his opponent an honourable death if at all possible.

Up For Alliances?: Yes.

Your Symbol: Sword and shield

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): 6-7. I hope for at least once a day, but with two characters, I may end up alternating posts between them and each one will post once every 2 days.

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:10 am
Calligraphy says...

ninja - unless I missed something I believe you are good to go.

Ithy - I love your character. But, his symbol can not be the Sword and shield. Symbols can not have any use to the person, because they carry them in the arena. To get them you have to fight at the cornucopia.

Second, people don't volunteer for the games. Their names are chosen out of a glass ball. So if parents wanted to keep him out of the games they would have to tip them off to volunteer for him if he was randomly chosen.

Junglelover, it is O.K. that you haven't read the books. Just make sure you have a basic undersdanding of the games and ask questions before you post.

A. S.

P.S. Guys if you are up for alliances you are going to have to actually make them. Please feel free to discuss alliances in the DT.

45 Reviews

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:53 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

As for the symbol, I wasn't thinking an actual sword and shield, but more like a pin of some sort or a crest sewn into his shirt if that's okay. And for the volunteering portion, I could be wrong, but I thought that after someone was chosen, they gave someone else the chance to take his/her place in the games. It's been a while since I read the books, but I thought that happened once... Either way, small edit that won't really affect what happens in the arena.

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Calligraphy says...

You are correct. So sorry, I wasn't thinking.

A. S.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:09 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

Name: Echo Skylark

District: 11

Appearance/Picture: Imagine him like that but with blue eyes.
Spoiler! :

History: His father died when he was fourteen, so he's been the man of the house for two years. He has three little sisters that he helps his mom take care of. He does that by going out and working very day on the farm owned by his neighbors. He also put his name in four more times so that everyone in his family could eat. Since he lives in District 11, his family is usually hungry even though him and his mom work on a farm.

Skills: He can identify nearly any plant that's native to Panem. He also knows what they would be good for doing and if they're posionous or not. He's also a fast runner with good endurance.

Weaknesses: He's not very strong. As a general life rule, he doesn't kill animals. He also doesn't know how to fight other than with his hands.

Personality: He says what's on his mind without thinking about the consequences. He likes to make friends with everyone and learn what they know. He can be very manipulative and get his way when he wants something. Even though he is charismatic, he is a bit rough around the edges and not very put together.

Up For Alliances?: When making an alliance, be sure to PM the other character's maker so that you are clear on the terms of the alliance. Yes

Your Symbol:
Spoiler! :
It used to be his father's from when he visted District 3, and when he died Echo decided that since he was the only boy in the family that it was rightly his.

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day):1-2
Last edited by pinkangel54123 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Random avatar

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:57 pm
Calligraphy says...

That looks good Pink. If you could upload those instead of giving links it would be great. But, they work so if you can't that's fine. I love your symbol so cool. But, people don't just switch districts. His dad could have got it from district 3, but he can't have lived there.

Thanks, A. S.

Random avatar

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:07 pm
Calligraphy says...

We just need two more characters after this and then we can start. Because I want at least 10. We will be way down in numbers pretty soon anyways.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:10 pm
ultraviolet says...

I updated my profile, symbol and posting amount-wise. If you wanna check it out.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

57 Reviews

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:29 pm
Junglelover says...

I also updated my character profile.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

I like anchovies~ but nobody calls me that.
— alliyah