If it is possible please can I join?
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:29 pm
Thegirlwholived says...

Chance

Sunlight poured in through the entrance to our hut. I reluctantly opened my eyes, and sat up. I yawned, casting a glance at my parents in their hammocks on the other side. Careful not to wake anyone, I put my clothes on and walked out barefoot to the Main Fire. I stretched and grabbed one of the roasting sticks. Skewering a small piece of meat on it, I sat on the ground and stuck it over the fire. The Tribe of Owl Moon was waking, some of the members going out on a morning Hunt. I envied them, wishing I could go. If only Chief Eric would recognize the fact that I never miss a target, he'd let me go. I sighed, ate my meal, and walked back into the hut. Taking up my bow and arrow, I made sure no one saw my escape, and I started off into the woods. I was going to tell these people I could support the tribe all by myself. And I was going to make sure they listened.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:52 pm
Sassafras says...

Jet

The sun shined in through my small hut on the bay and I yawned. I walked out and stared out at the sea for a few minutes. I fingered the necklace that lay against my bare skin, remembering the times when mother would stand out here with me and we would just watch the sun sets and sun rises. It was always just us two, dad left a long time ago and I've never really knew him. Mom doesn't tell me many stories about him but she says were just alike. She even says we look alike. I sighed before grabbing my swords and walking out into the woods to find my breakfast.

I heard some noise off to the side of me and instantly went still. I listened closer as the thing broke through some tree branches. Licking my lips, I started forward slowly with my swords raised. This one sounded big. The noises grew closer and I poised to strike. Just a few more seconds and...
"Ahh," I screamed, jumping out from behind my cover and lunging at the large game.
"Ahh!" Wait, animals can't scream like that. I lowered my swords a bit and actually looked at the thing I was trying to kill. A startled and scared looking girl was starring at me with horror deep in her golden stare. I stepped back and raised one eyebrow, placing my hands on my hips in the process.
"What the hell are you doing out here," I asked loudly.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

18 Reviews

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:06 am
Thegirlwholived says...

Chance

I had my arrow at the ready, quickly wiping off my look of fear. I aimed it at this boys chest. He held his swords in defensive position, both of us ready to attack.
"Who are you and what are you doing so close to our land?" He interrogated. I pulled my bow back further, narrowing my eyes. I stared at him hard. His eyes were dark... his hair was ruffled and windblown. I looked him over, noting the scar he had on his cheek.
"Well?" He pressed. "I'm supporting a tribe, that's what." I snarled. He growled at me. "This is our land, our game. You're not allowed to hunt on another tribe's land. Get out." I glared at him and suddenly, the wolves of the woods surrounded me, snarling and growling at him. He backed up, his swords letting down. I smirked at him, and pushed the wolves forward. Watch him, I commanded them. Make sure he does not chase after me.
And with that, I unloaded my bow, put the arrow in my quiver, and walked away, having one of the wolves come with me. It was nice to have some company and protection. Plodding off to carry my hunt back to the tribe, I didn't even look back.
Last edited by Thegirlwholived on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad case of Writer's Block? Look no further for a professional healer of Writer's Block! Shoot me a PM, and I'll get write on your case! (hahahaha see the pun there?) ;)

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:01 pm
SisterItaly says...

Max

Sun hit my eyes through my window. I blinked awake and smiled. Another day, another glorious day. I jumped out of bed, and walked over to the mirror, time for my morning prep talk.
"Morning handsome. Don't we look spectacular today, is it just me? Or is it hot in here, yes, I'm talking about you gorgous." I winked at myself in the mirror and ran my fingers through my hair. I quickly pulled on my clothes and prepaired for my mornign run, I mean... abs like this don't make themselves you know. I stepped out the door and threw my hands in the air.
"Good morning world!" I heard a groan from inside, then my dad yelled.
"Maxy shut up. It's to early for this." I sighed.
"Ya right old man." I muttered to myself. I started running off into the woods, ready to break a sweat.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:28 am
Dragonet says...

What's the time? Modern days or medieval days or what?

Name: Blaize

Son of: Apollo

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Bright and cheery. And normally tries to get along with everyone. Also very talented in the arts, such as music, writing, and drawing. He can't read music, but he can play almost any insrument if you give him time. He loves to write fiction, and he's even had a book published.
He loves bright things and seems to shine, to stand out, wherever he goes.
He thinks he's all that and really great, but he's really a clutts. And he doesn't mind that either! He's not afraid to laugh at himself and he's usually the joker of the group. He acts like the little brother, you know, the annoying yet loving child of the family.
He's not very sporty, but don't let it fool you. He can shot a bow and arrow better then his own teacher and can run faster then anyone he knows.

History: His mother owns a successful paint shop. She's a beautiful woman with red hair and a permanent smile. She's a real hippie. Blaize loves his mom and she loves him. They live together in a bright house and they have the biggest, most colorful garden around.
He never knew his dad but whenever he looks into the sun he thinks about him, and a small, unidentified memory comes to mind.

Up for love? Yep.

Other: He always carries around his pipe (like the instrument, not the smoking pipe. lol). It's a beautiful red pipe with a blazing sun on it. His mother told him that his father gave it to him when he was born and it's his greatest treasure. He can play ANY song on it. If you can sing it, he can play it.

>Tell me if I need to fix anything. I'll post when I can.<
Last edited by Dragonet on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

25 Reviews

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:40 pm
Dragonet says...

Blaize~

I dipped my brush into the blood-red paint, and then added the color sunflower-yellow. After blended, the two made the perfect orange. Glancing again out the window, I used my brush to stroke the orange onto the easel. With a couple more sweeps of the brush, the painting was finished and I sat back in my chair, looking pleased at my work. It was a painting of today's sunrise. The beautiful hues rose into the sky like a dancing fire. I looked up, at the real sun, and a sudden feeling hit me. Like a lot of love. It happened a lot and it didn't make sense to me. When I looked at the sun again, I was hit with a deja vu. I wanted to say it reminded me of a bright, smiling man but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Suddenly there was a movement at the door of the shop and my mom came in. "I figured you'd be in here." She put some bags down on the counter. "You're just like your father, always up at the crack of dawn." I motioned for her to come look at my painting and she walked over and smiled. "That will sell for good money, Blaize, good job." She looked up out the window at the sun that had now risen out of the hills. Her face changed to a look of love and I wondered if she felt the same way I did about the sun.

Just then a loud blast of a horn sounded across the tribe of the Red Bull. Mom squeezed my shoulders and said, "That's your cue."

Hunting time. I quickly grabbed my yellow bow and bright orange arrows and went out to meet the other hunters.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:05 pm
Sassafras says...

Jet

I stared in confusion and amazement as the strange woman ran away. I growled at the wolves before lowering my swords to my side and walking away. A few of the wolves tried to follow me but, when one of them almost got a sword to the throat, they kept their distance. I thought I'd lost them only to turn around and find that they were still watching, only from a suitable distance. I groaned and walked faster. Damn girl, interrupting my hunting. What was I to do now?
I stopped in mid thought and whipped around, glad to know that only two of the wolves were following me now. I smiled broadly and raised my swords. I've fought bigger game.
"Bring it on, doggies," I yelled, running forward. Before they'd even have time to think of attacking, I rammed my sword into the larger one's side. The smaller one clamped onto my side and I rammed my elbow into his nose and shoved my other sword into it's neck before stopping the other one in mid-air with a solid kick in the muzzle. Jumping back, I gave them time to get up. I smiled before running forward again, making a mental note to thank that girl for giving me such a good feast if I was to see her again.

I've always hated skinning animals, it was too hard and took up too much time. Back when she was alive, mother would always make my clothes for me. She was the best of the best as far as I was concerned. My small knife finally cut through the last of skin and fur, with a grateful sigh, I threw it aside to dry in the sun with the rest. I could make myself a nice shirt with that. The meat from the biggest wolf was roasting over the fire and the smells coming from it were almost intoxicating. It smelled so lovely, but it would be a good few hours before it was done. What to do until then, I'd no idea.

I sat in silence for a few minutes before standing up and taking off my hunting shoes. I might as well go for a good swim.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:44 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Anyone mind bringing me in? I just need a mention, I have troubles getting started by myself.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 pm
phantom of the potter says...

**I'll bring both of our characters in, Dreamy.

Marie hopped lightly off of her boat as it touched the port dock. Her village was arranged in a circle on the beach next to their docks. Marie scooped up the bundle of fish she had caught and went into the village to deliver it to the food hut.

Children were playing around in the village center. Marie saw Becca laughing shrilly as another child chased her around in circles. The other children were ganging up to tackle the chaser.

Marie chuckled to herself, then ducking into the food hut and stacked up the fish on top of the other fish. The wizened old woman who was taking stock of the food flashed Marie a toothless grin. Marie smiled back and walked out of the hut.

Becca was back in the mass of children now, as they swarmed to chase the chaser again. But Becca turned to see Marie watching them. The little girl's face exploded with a sloppy grin and she ran over to Marie. Marie hugged Becca as she slammed into Marie's frame.

"Are we going today?" whispered Becca excitedly, looking up at Marie. Marie feigned confusion as she looked at the girl.

"Go where?"

"To the forest!" cried Becca. Marie laughed at her. Becca had a growing fascination with the trees at the edge of the beach that marked the beginning of the forest. Marie had promised to show Becca the bigger trees that could be found deeper in the forest.

"Hmmm..." said Marie slowly, putting a finger to her lip in thought. "I think we might be able to go today. Are you sure you want to?" Becca nodded emphatically. "Well, then. Come on!"

Marie watched as Becca squealed in excitement and ran off in the direction of the forest. Marie jogged after her, laughing. Becca grabbed Marie's hand as she slowed to a stop at the edge of the trees.

"Come on, then," said Marie gently. The began to walk inward toward the forest. Becca's confidence slowly grew, but Marie made sure that Becca stayed with her. Marie did not really trust the forest. It was not her home. She didn't know its ways well.

"There's someone over there," said Becca suddenly. Marie froze.

"Where?"

"Through the bushes," said Becca informatively, pointing.

**That's you, Dreamy.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:41 am
ToritheMonster says...

Chella-

They all said I was too pale. Everyone who came to my shop. If I stood still enough, they said, I'd look like a corpse myself. I usually didn't care what people said, but it was getting bad for my business. So, on my one day off this month, I had decided to go outside. Just into the woods. Just long enough to, hopefully, get some color onto my face. I had brought with me a few old finger bones, which i was whittling into tiny skulls with my knife. I must have looked a sight, sitting in a pile of bones and tiny, tiny skulls. I was concentrating so hard on my work that I didn't hear the two girls approach. I absolutely hated it when people intruded on my privacy. So when I heard them approach, did the first thing that came to mind. I grabbed a bone and threw it at them. I heard a shriek. "Is that a...bone? Holy crap. That looks like a bone. Who is that?"

Please don't come closer. Please don't come closer... I prayed. Although I already knew that I would have no such luck.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:54 am
Sassafras says...

Jet

I stepped out of the water and walked back to my small hut. The food was done and the skins were dry. All thats left to do now is to eat and make a few clothes. I smiled casually as I took the wolves meat from over the fire and took a giant bite, groaning in pleasure at the delicious taste. I was just about to start working with the skins before I heard a loud high-pitched squeak coming from somewhere off in the forest, not too far away from where I was actually. Sighing in annoyance at being interrupted again, I grabbed my swords and shoes. After brushing still wet hair out of my face, I started off towards the noise.

Stopping in my tracks, I looked down at a small skull carved out of bones. I picked it up between my thumb and my pointer finger and examined it carefully. It was really well carved and quite interesting looking. I pocketed it in my shorts and continued forward. I stopped in the area just before the trees gave way to the beach and took in the three girls there who seemed to be having some type of conversation. Lowering my swords to my side, I observed them silently. One of which was really pale, almost abnormally so. They other two seemed like normal island folk, obviously friends. I wonder if they were of the same tribe...

I lowered my gaze down to the ground and frowned. Mother and I was never part of any tribe or clan. We were always alone on the shore, taking care of each other and fighting for ourselves. I fingered my shell necklace and looked up towards the sky. It was always just the two of us, Mother and I, and that's they way we liked it. That's they way it's always been before...before the attack.
"Gahh," I fell forward suddenly, having lost all balance while in such deep thought. I landed face first in the sand. Sitting up, I spat out a mouthful of shells and sand before grimacing and rubbing my head. When I looked up, I saw the three girls looking down at me, their expressions unreadable. So much for staying silent.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:55 am
Razcoon says...

Could someone please bring me in? Writers block lately. Can't think of anything.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

25 Reviews

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:35 pm
Dragonet says...

>I really hope this doesn't die. All of the demigod story books die. I don't know why, they would be so much fun.<

Blaize~Apollo

I raised my bow and pulled the string back to my cheek. My target, a lush looking deer, lowered it's head and nibbled on the grass, unaware of it's hunter. Suddenly a loud yell came from behind me, and the doe ran away. I growled in frustration. I could hear the trampling of the earth and I turned to see who had ruined my hunt. A girl brook through the brush, yelling, "Look out!" She pushed me to the ground just as a huge rock sailed over me. Now when I say huge, I mean bigger than my head.

I was about to thank the girl when three buff men stepped into view. They were huge, mean looking, and each were carrying huge rocks. I reached for my bow but before I could even draw the string, the girl pulled me behind a large tree stump.

One of the men threw his rocks at a tree where he thought we were, and the trunk turned to splinters. I gulped and turned to the girl, "So, your plan?"

>The girl is supposed to be you, Raz, and she's daughter of Athena so plan away! Also, the men are the monsters, Laestrygonians. They're the monsters that tried to kill Percy Jackson at his school, using dodge balls.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

18 Reviews

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:09 am
Thegirlwholived says...

Chance **Edited**

As I walked back into the Tribal Grounds, people stared. I had a cart behind me, pulling more than enough meat to feed the Owl Moon people in a feast. No one spoke, they just stared as I walked silently down the rows of huts. The only sound was the crackle of the evening fire and my footsteps on the now-solid soil. I felt Chief Eric's gaze burning into my face. Looking up, I gave him a confident glare, and ;et go of the cart. It sat next to our small pile of food, and as I walked back to my hut for the night, I heard the people begin to whisper and walk over to see what I had caught. I smirked and entered my hut. Mom and Dad weren't back from teaching my little brother, Joseph, his archery lessons. I sighed, got in my night gown, and laid down in my hay bed. Remembering the boy I saw earlier, I wondered what he thought of me. I hope he's afraid, I thought, If he tries to pull anything off, he's going down. And with that, I drifted to sleep.

...Chaaance....Chaaaaaance...Chance!... They're waiting, Chance...Waiting for you and the others...They're waaaiiiting...Don't be a bad girl and keep them waiting, Chance... They're getting impatient...Meet them at Eagle Rock tomorrow at sunhigh, Chance...They're waiting...We're waiting...Waiting for the message to come to you, Chance...Lead them, Chance...Lead them into the unknown... We took him, Chance...Your brother...If you ever want him again, you need to stop the waiting...Chaaaannnceeee...Chaaaance...CHANCE!

I shot upright in my bed. My forehead was damp with a cold sweat. I looked around, and saw the familiar hut around me. Something was different, though. I couldn't put my finger on it.... As I looked around, I saw the empty bed. Joseph! Where was he! Mom and Dad should have him back by now!
"Joseph! Joseph where are you! JOSEPH!" I frantically searched the room for him, but he was nowhere to be found. What is going on?! Where's Joseph!? I tore out of the hut and ran to the campfire. It was dawn, and tears poured out of my eyes as I looked around. I couldn't wait until sunhigh! What if they killed him! I started to sob and got dressed, packing things to leave for the Eagle Rock. I ignored the questions and stares. I set off, barefoot, out onto the horizon, down six miles of land to get to Eagle Rock befor sunhigh.
Last edited by Thegirlwholived on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien