z

Young Writers Society

America's Got Talent

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:02 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Tess Ruio- Tumbling- New York Auditions

I shivered and looked around the huge waiting room. I recognized a few people, but none that I were close with. Rhia squeezed my shoulder. "Don't be worried, Tessy." she whispered.

"Act 124?"

"That's me!" I called loudly, running up to the wings. I smiled warmly at Nick.

"And who are you, little missy lookin' spiffy?"

I laughed. Bright blue Soffes over a silver leotard, was, I guess, spiffy. "I'm Tess Ruio. I do tumbling, acrobatics, that sort of thing."

"And you think you can win this?"

"Definitely."

"A'right, you're up! Break a leg!"

I shuddered at the thought of actually breaking a limb and hugged Rhia one more time before jogging to center stage.

"And you are...?" Piers said, glancing at his papers.

"I'm Tess Ruio," I said, hands fidgeting behind my back.

"And what are you going to do today?"

"I'm going to tumble." I gave a slightly crooked smile and nodded.

"Well, then, good luck."

I backed up and nodded to the sound technician, who pressed the green button. I backed up to the edge of the stage, waiting for the cue in the song. And there it was, the opening solo. I launched out running for a few feet, then front flipped three times into a twist, then landed, sticking the landing on the blue mat set up. At the roar of applause, I launched into the routine again.

Backflip, backflip, somersault twist, handspring to end, stick. Somersault, back handspring, roundoff, flip, flip, ultra height twist, stick! I closed my routine with five consecutive front flips, and then an sideways twist that rapidly turned from horizontal to vertical and back again. I landed smoothly and cartwheeled forward, arms out to the side and down on one knee.

I smiled at the audience, who were on their feet clapping. I bowed quickly, taking deep breaths. Nick came out on stage, wearing a 'WOW!' expression.

"Um, Sharon?"

"I thought that was breathtaking. You move like you weigh nothing, and I know that all that has to take a lot of skill. I'm going to say yes."

"Howie?"

"I agree. You're a beautiful girl, and you had fun out there. That's what was important. I say yes."

"Piers?"

"I thought that was incredible. You have a personality that shines, really. I will say, though, I want to make this yours. We've had acrobats on the show before, so you have to make this entirely your thing." There was a slight wave of boo's, but it faded after he said:

"But I'm going to say yes. Tess Ruio, you're going to Vegas."

I did a backflip right then and there, and after thanking them profusely, ran off stage into Rhia's arms and to Nick's congratulations.

I made it to Vegas... I made it to Vegas!
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:32 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

**I'm sorry if I screw this up. I've never actually seen this show.**

Lisa Harnot, Contortionist.

Lisa was standing off the stage, watching the act. A gymnastics artist. A sliver of doubt drove into her brain. She was good... How could she compete with that? She wore a skintight black contortionist's outfit **I know, I can't remember what they're called,** that had shiny silver threads weaved into it. She fidgeted nervously.

A man that she recognized as the host walked over to her. "Miss Harnot, are you excited to finally be here?"

Lisa nodded, smiling nervously. "Incredibly."

"Do you think you can get to Vegas?"

She shrugged. "I don't know, but I do know that I'm going to do my best."

He nodded.

Then she was called. She took a deep breath and swallowed nervously before going out onto the stage, trying not to shake too much.

One of the judges spoke. "Who are you?"

Lisa forced herself not to fidget. Cool, calm, collected, and confident. She had to remember that. "Lisa Harnot."

Another spoke up. "What will you be doing for us tonight?"

She took a deep breath. "I'm a contortionist."

"Alright, go ahead."

The song "Hey Jealousy" by Gin Blossoms started up. **http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5gAkna3jI**

Lisa took a deep breath and began her act. She sat on her head and did many other impressive positions. She seemed to be made of rubber, she was so flexible. She barely heard the applause of the audience; she was in her own world.

Then the song ended.

She untwisted herself and sprung onto her feet again. The audience burst into applause, and Lisa blushed.

The judges gave their opinions.

"Beautiful control and balance. I vote yes."

Lisa smiled. Maybe she would make it to Vegas.

"I really enjoyed that. I could tell that you were concentrating, and in your element. The movements were very fluid and controlled. I say yes."

Her smile turned into a grin. She'd done it!

"I think you did very well. I say yes."

Lisa was unable to hold down a scream. She was going!
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:47 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Lorelai Larson - Singer:

"Number 127, you're almost up." Nick said loudly.

My hand against the wall I walked towards him. I can't afford to fall and hurt myself right now.

When I walked up to Nick he asked "Who are you?"

In a cartoonish voice I said "Why I am Lorelai Larson."

"You're up."

I adjusted my outfit and then ran my hand through my hair. "And...go." Nick said. I grabbed the mic from him and bounded onto the stage, knowing that there wasn't anything in my path. I had made sure of that.

Judge Howie asked "And you are..."

Holding the mic up to my mouth I said dramatically "I am the one, the only, Loralai Larson." After a brief pause I held up two fingers and said "The second."

"And what are you performing today?"

"Why I shall be singing."

"Good luck."

As I backed up on the stage the lights dimed and the screen behind me turned blue with whisps of grey smoke. The music began playing and I waited for my cue. This is for you Tilly I thought to myself.

Watch her as she flew deep within the blue
A day out from the county I.C.U.
There's nothing you can do
Someone gently says to you
The doctor says that now it won't be long
I try and live up 'til the moment and I hope that I don't blow it
And what is it in me that she hears?
It's just a song she likes
Little arms around my neck
And a dying girl whispers in my ear

Tell me now can you feel it?
I've been keeping company with a ghost
She comes to me like a piece of summer
She comes to me on the days when I need it most

Well summer dies and nothing lasts forever
And you're so fine, the way you stand up to your fears
The summer dies and its just moments we have together
I'd give my bones for you to get a few more years
For you and I, oh Annie
More to life than trying to survive, oh Annie

My boyfriend took pictures of me as I held you
I travel alone and the loneliness brings me to tears
The summer dies and it's just moments we have together
I'd give my bones for you to get a few more years
For you and I, oh Annie

Stronger than the hands that hold you
You sing along to the song on the radio
If I drank too much when I am reckless
Just this once would you forgive this

And hold on, the days gone by
Tell me now can you feel it?
I can't keep this all to myself
She's elegant and she means it, no

Years for you and I, oh Annie
Watch her as she flew deep within the blue
Watch her as she slips away from you
I'll keep fingers crossed always for you

I beamed as I saw people cheering and clapping, and most standing. Nick came out with a surprised expression and said "Howie?"

"I think it was rather nice. I quite enjoyed it. You're voice is so strong. I can tell you have a connection to this song, and that's really good. I vote yes."

Then Judge Sharon said "That was amazing! I can hear in your voice that you feel your music and you sing from your heart, and not a lot of people can do that. I vote yes."

Judge Piers then said "You have such a strong voice. I really did enjoy listening to you. But I have to say, there are a lot of singers out there.

I held the mic back up to my face and said "But there's only one me."

"I vote yes."
Live, Love, Laugh

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:52 pm
Calligraphy says...

Last edited by Calligraphy on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:48 pm
Kaywiia says...

Danny-Singer/Dancer

We all celebrated in the waiting room. My mom brought really expensive apple cider, and we all had a few glasses.

I looked around at the rest of VI, "We need to do something incredible in Vegas, we have to blow them all away."

"We'll review the show later. God, you need to chillax," Ricky informed me, "just celebrate."

"Yeah, sweetheart, have a little fun." My mom told me.

"Fun won't get you anywhere, we need to work," I insisted.

"Oh, my, god. Relax!" Sean demanded. I threw my arms up, and walked outside. Another girl was out there, looking up into the night air. You couldn't really see past the skyscrapers, and once you got past the bright lights all you saw was pitch black.

"Are you the contortionist?" I asked her. I had seen her act on the monitor. It was really good.

"Yeah, your the singer of VI, aren't you?" she returned my question. I nodded a yes. She was good, too good, I decided. She was a threat to me, and the rest of VI. She didn't need to know that, though.

"Well, best of luck in Vegas." I said with a fake smile.

"Thanks, you too." Her smile appeared genuine, but I wondered if hers was just as fake as mine.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:43 pm
RayneChild says...

Bridgette Morgan

I stood in the wings of the stage and watched the act before me perform. Eh.

Nick walked up to me, accompanied by a camera man. "Are you ready for this?"

"I've been ready for this since the day I was born."

"Well alright then!" He exclaimed. "Think you're going to make it?"

"More likely than not," I answered with a smile.

"Well, here's your chance to find out!" With that, he nodded toward the stage.

I walked out to the "X" on the stage calmly and the audience cheered.

"Hello," Sharon said with a warm smile.

"Hi there," I replied, returning the smile.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" She asked.

"Bridgette Morgan," I told them.

Sharon and Howie looked at Piers, laughing, and the audience joined in. Piers had a pleasantly surprised look on his face, and I smiled.

"What are you going to do for us, Miss Morgan?" He asked.

"I'll be singing for you, Mr. Morgan," I answered with amusement.

"Alright, off you go," he said.

I smiled again and looked back at the sound technician, who pressed "play" on the machine. The music of Carrie Underwood's 'Temporary Home' began to play, and I tapped my foot subtly until the my cue came. I sang the first couple verses, and when the music stopped, the audience was roaring with applause. I failed miserably at suppressing a smile as I looked around the enormous theater. My eyes then moved to the faces of the judges. Nick came out and placed his arm around my shoulder.

"Well, judges?" He asked.

Howie spoke first. "Wow. We're always looking for an act that makes us say "wow", and you are it! You're amazing! You're a definite natural, and you're going to go very far. I say yes!" I smiled and laughed a little.

"Piers?" Nick asked, sounding a little excited himself.

"Yeah, I couldn't agree more. You definitely have that "it" factor. 100% yes." I became even more excited as my eyes fell on Sharon.

"Bridgette," she said, "you're beautiful, and you have a voice to match. It's a yes from me; you're going to Vegas."

I squealed with joy and hurried off stage. I ran out into the waiting room where I was congratulated by nearly everyone in the room. Finally, this was happening.
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:54 pm
Fox says...

Olette

"Are you ready?" Nick asked me. Truthfully, I didn't think I was, but it was now or never. I nodded my head nervously. He smiled a little, then said, "Well come on then. You're up!" I got up and followed him onto the stage where the judges were waiting.

"Olette Dellay," Piers said, holding a paper in front of him. I nodded, and he put the paper down to look at me. "I understand you'll be playing the piano." He said. I nodded, afraid to speak. "Let's hear it."

I took a seat nervously at the piano, trying to ignore the audience watching me, and placed my fingers on the keys. In and out. I thought to myself, taking a deep breath. This was my shot to finally be recognized. My fingers started moving on their own, swiftly and freely. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the music. Once I started playing, it was as if I didn't have a worry in the world. It was just me, playing my piano the way I wanted to.

Too soon, it was over. I opened my eyes and looked at the judges. Nick was at my side, a mike in his hand. "I thought that was just beautiful, but let's hear what the judges think." he said into the camera.

"Olette," Howie said with a sigh. I could feel my face reddening in nervousness, but to my delight, a smile spread across her face. "That was just wonderful." I nodded, a smile now on my face. "Of course, yes."

"Sharon?" Nick asked. His arm was now around my shoulder, which made me nervous. I tried to ignore it, though.

"Truly amazing," she said "Absolutely wonderful! 100% yes!" My smile only widened. Good so far, but there was still that one last judge.

"Piers?" Nick asked. My smile faded when I looked at his expression. He looked disappointed and unimpressed. I held back a tear as he sighed.

"I don't know what to say to you." he said. There was silence, but he finally spoke again. "It's so hard to find good talent these days." I couldn't believe this was happening, but two out of three wasn't too bad. "Especially in people as young as you." A smile spread across my face, and I couldn't help but jump a little. "You're a true protege. That's 3 yes'. You made it!"

"Well, the judges have spoken!" Nick said. I smiled and hurried off the stage and too my seat. My smile never faded from my face. I was finally recognized for what I could do!
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 4
Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:15 pm
MayApple says...

The Black Dreamer (Alan Steffie)

I am the last act of the night. The judges look tired, and I need to work hard to get their attention.

"And who are you?" Howie asks.

"The Black Dreamer. BD for short."

"And you....?" Sharon begins.

"Are a magician," I finish. On that note, I make it appear that I drew flowers out of mid-air. I hand them to her. She laughs, and claps.

"Begin," Piers says. Two curtains are wheeled out, and my assistant follows. I had been working with Rebbecca for a few years, and we had this nailed down. The curtains are put on opposite ends of the stage. We both step behind a curtain, and then a second later step out on opposite sides. The judges clap, and me and Rebbecca take a bow.

"I have no idea how you did that." Howie said, "but I love it, yes."

"Oh, Black Dreamer," Sharon starts, "that was amazing."

"Look, I don't think it was that good," Piers starts, and the crowd starts booing, "I think it was incredible. Your going to Vegas." I pumped my fist in the air and ran offstage.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

42 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:39 pm
Kaywiia says...

Danny-VI

We arrived in Las Vegas the next night. We had an assigned studio to practice our next act in. In the morning, we would be there at six, and I intended to work them all day. We had to be the best, and we had to step up our game.

That night, we had to choose the song. As if the plane ride hadn't been enough.

"Your kidding, right?" I asked as I took the headphones off. Ricky was crazy. He wanted us to do a version of London Bridge by Fergie. I rolled my eyes. "I can't,"

"I think you can," Ricky says.

"You should, it would sound great," Dale says. "The rest of us think you should,"

"Fine!" I said, but hated giving in. Still, we didn't need to fight. "Show my the lyrics, the edited version."

Spoiler! :
When I come to the clubs, step aside
Pop the seeds, don't be hating me in the line
V.I.P because you know I gotta shine
I'm your Danny girl
And me love you long time

All my girls get down on the floor
Back to back drop it down real low
I'm such a lady but I'm dancing like a ho
Because you know what, I don't give a fuck
So here we go!

How come every time you come around
My London London Bridge wanna go down
Like London London London
Wanna go down like
London London London
Be going down like

How come every time you come around
My London London Bridge wanna go down
Like London London London
Wanna go down like
London London London
Be going down like

When I come to the clubs, step aside
Pop the seeds, don't be hating me in the line
V.I.P because you know I gotta shine
I'm your Danny girl
And me love you long time

All my girls get down on the floor
Back to back drop it down real low
I'm such a lady but I'm dancing like a ho
Because you know what, I don't give a fuck
So here we go!

I sighed as I looked them over, but I knew I didn't have a choice. Before long, it was somehow morning. My alarm was going off, it was five-thirty. I shook the boys awake, and Ricky drove us to the studio. We were the first one's there.

"Welcome to Vegas." I said to them as I stepped inside the building. The studio was huge, probably bigger than my whole house. I dropped my bag, and stared. Then, I composed myself.

"Let's work," I said.

57 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:57 pm

Tess Ruio- Tumbling

I gaped at my hotel room. It was... gorgeous. I loved Rhia's apartment, don't get me wrong, but this was high class. I set my luggage down in a daze, grabbed some cash and my hoodie, and my Nikes, of course, and jogged downstairs, off to the studio.

The studio itself was... big. The gym was bigger, but this was way more open, so you actually realized it was big without having to do laps. Speaking of which, I probably should warm up. I kicked off the Nikes and pulled a split, stretching for each foot, then came out of it (not as easy as it looks) and pulled my foot over my head, left first, then right. Mm. Felt good. Then I promptly started sprinting around the room- laps. One, two, three, four, five. I took a big swig from my water jug (yes, I did say jug) and started practicing the routine I had planned out on the plane.

I was doing a routine to Jungle Drum. Super fast, super peppy song. It was going to be a huge, super-major, stunt heavy routine. It meant the risk was upped, the skill was upped, the height was upped, everything was upped.

Continuous flip, no hands, no hands, twist, backflip, stick. Cartwheel, cartwheel, roundoff, flip, no hands, stick.

The like.

As I finished the routine with three mess ups- I really had to practice- I leaned against the wall and took a long draw from my jug and wiped my forehead. I pulled my hair securely into a ponytail and smiled. I had something here. I saw an act practicing on the other side and was tempted to say hi, but they looked really in the zone. I could hear the strains of a Fergie song and immediately pitied the singer. I clicked play again and rolled my head around determinedly.

And repeat.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

42 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:39 pm
Kaywiia says...

Danny

We were in here first, that gave us rights to music, correct? The gymnast didn't seem to think so. As she turned up the music even louder, I stormed over to her.

"Turn that down!" I demanded.

"Why?" she asked, walking over.

"We were here first, deal with it." I said, and pushed the off button on her radio. "Now I'm happy," I said, and started to walk over. The music was back on less than a second later. My lips turned down into a scowl. Suddenly, Ricky started running over towards me.

"Stop, Danny, we can share the gym." He put his hands on my shoulders. I shrugged him off.

"You wanna go, girlie?" I asked her, turning around. She narrowed her eyes. I felt another pair of hands on my shoulders, and Dale (with the help of Ricky) dragged me back towards our space. I caught her eye and mouthed, "Your going down." Once I was back in our rehearsal space, Ricky walked over to her.

Ricky

"I'm sorry," I said, walking over to the gymnast, "she gets out of control sometimes." I put on my best smile, hoping to make up for my friends behavior. Danny had no right to act like that to someone she didn't even know. Sometimes, I don't even think Danny deserved to win.

"This is a competition," she shrugged. I ran my fingers through my hair, and my smile grew wider. She seemed to be pretty cool with the situation, unlike Danny. If anyone ever did that to her, she would freak.

"I am really sorry, though. Danny gets crazy competitive." I laughed.

"I can tell," she laughed a little.

"I'm Ricky, by the way," I put my hand out, and she shook it.

57 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Tess

I tried to look unfazed, but I was shaking a little. "Um, I should practice. Three mess ups," I said, as if that explained everything. I took my iPod out and put earbuds in, tucking my iPod in my pocket. Maybe the girl wouldn't want to kill me now that she couldn't hear my music.

Okay. Continuous flip, no hands, no hands, twist, backflip, stick. Cartwheel, cartwheel, roundoff, flip, no hands, stick. I continued practicing like nothing has happened. Honestly, I was... oh, blast it, I was scared. It didn't matter that I had grown up downtown, she looked like she was ready to rip my heart out and eat it.

With all the thoughts buzzing in my head, I forgot to straighten my legs, and completely fell out of my no-hands flip. I landed hard, flat on my back. I lost my breath and lay flat for a moment. My earbuds fell out and I fumbled around for them to block the sound. After a while, I regained my breath and sat up, taking deep breaths.

I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine.

With what sounded like a cross between a whimper and a groan, I got up, and still shaking violently, backed up, clicking the back button on my iPod. As the song started, I launched into the routine. I had only one mess up this time around, but I was off center the entire time, and I hadn't stuck most of my landings. I was shaking too badly. I took another deep breath and walked slowly to the wall, wrapped my hoodie around myself, and started taking continuous sips from my jug, curled up.

I just needed to relax for a second. And not play my music on my iHome again, ever.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

42 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:52 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Ricky Malone

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Act: Dancer in VI

Personality: He's laid back, and likes to have fun. He balances out Danny's craziness. He is the peacemaker of the group, and is in this to have fun. He likes making people smile, and tries to keep everything fun. He keeps the mood light, and doesn't get angry easily. He is the most talkative in the group, and there isn't a silent moment when he's around. He's a good guy, and would never purposely hurt someone.

Strengths: He is the best dancer in the crew, peacemaker, kind, good at guitar

Flaws: too talkative, doesn't know when to shut up, doesn't take life seriously, drinks (beer) on occasion

History: Both his parents died when he was three, and he lives with his aunt. His aunt has cancer, and he talks to her on the phone a lot. She loves seeing him on TV, living his dream. He has a real appreciation for life, after watching both his parents die, and he's out to live the dream. He grew up as Danny's best friend, and they have never not been friends. Once the band started, they were constantly together. He loves what they do, and wouldn't give it up for the world.

Up for Love?: Definitely

Theme: A different side of me- Allstar Weekend

Other: He loves to dance, but hates sports....

42 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:06 pm
View Likes
Kaywiia says...

Ricky

Danny turned the music off, "Take five," she said, throwing her hands into the air. I noticed the gymnast sitting against the wall. Once I was sure Danny wasn't looking, I went back over to her. Maybe I was being a little pushy, but she looked like she wasn't doing so good.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She nodded. Then, I realized what the problem was, the same one I had for years after meeting Danny, "Look, don't worry about what she said. It's messing with your balance, don't think about it. The only reason Danny is mean to anyone is if she feels threatened. You're good, and she has a problem with it."

"It's cool, I just fell," she insisted. Either she was just stubborn, or I was the only person affected by what a bitch Danny was sometimes.

"Ricky, get your butt back here!" Danny yelled. I rolled my eyes.

"Look, tell me if you need anything, okay?" I turned back to the gymnast. She smiled, and nodded. Too bad I never got her name.

57 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:22 pm

Tess

I smiled at the guy's retreating back. So he was nice. But there was no way on earth I was going to do anything to get the girl mad again. I really had just fallen. Granted, it was only because I was scared as anything, but still, it was just a fall. I'd fallen countless times before, and this always worked. Just... needed to rest.

I took another gulp from my jug and pulled my hood up. The hoodie was soft, and warm, and turquoise... yay. I tucked my bag behind my lower back and wondered where the others were. Slowly, my limbs got stable, and I got up uneasily.

I reluctantly dropped my hoodie and set my jug down near where I was practicing and set the song back to Jungle Drum. In my earbuds, obviously. My iHome was safely buried in my bag now. I was scared to even let her think I might be planning on playing it louder.

I went through the routine much more smoothly this time around. See? Resting always works. I could still hear the Fergie song through my earbuds and subtly turned my iPod up. I wasn't tumbling to Fergie, I was tumbling to Emiliani Torrini. Smiling at the peppy riff, I stuck the last landing and held my arms out to the side as if I were at tournament.

Chuckling at myself -silly Tessa, you can't end your AGT routine like you're at competition!- I picked up my jug and stretched some more.

Just had to keep the iPod in, and we'd be good. I hoped.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound