Young Writers Society

Midnight ( started, accepting)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 am
Loller65 says...

Fox wrote:Can we start now???

Eh, why not?

Also, I think it would be a good idea if only Sven, Castiel, and Ruri are established Guardians.
=============================================

Sven sat in the van as it bounced along the old country road. His eyes darted to the rear view mirror and he saw the load of recruits. Christ, they keep getting younger and younger... He returned his eyes to the road and, after approximately another 15 minutes of driving, came to a stop outside an warehouse. He turned the car off and stepped out, the recruits following suit. Ruri and Castiel began checking their weapons, while Sven addressed the recruits.

"Alright. So, just to make sure I'm understood, I'm gonna repeat everything. Watch your back, make sure you have enough ammo, and stick with a buddy. This will be more or less unlike anything you've ever seen, so you'll wanna make sure you stay calm and collected, and under no circumstances should you panic."

He withdrew a single Les Baer and switched on the underslung flashlight.

"Ready?"

The recruits nodded somberly and he approached the small warehouse. The freshly fallen snow crunched as he advanced and kicked in the door. He looked forward, and suddenly, a Soul Eater rushed him, its jaws splitting open and closing around his right arm. His pistol clattered to the ground, accidentally firing a round. He shook it vigorously and drew his wakizashi, hacking at the creature's neck repeatedly until it fell from him. He panted and examined the wound, which now filled the air with the coppery scent of blood.

"See? That's what I'm talking abou-"

He picked up the pistol and shot it 3 times at the still writhing Soul Eater.

"That's what I'm talking about. Watch yourself."

And with that, he continued into the warehouse.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:11 am
View Likes
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Ruri

I looked at the dead Soul Eater, shrugged, and followed Sven. After a few yards, I held up a hand, head down, with a quick "Ch-ch!" to pause the group. I listened, raised my head, and then lunged to the side, rolling for a few feet. A soul eater was clawing at the ground I had just been standing on. I leapt up, grabbing a support beam and twisting over it, and the eater lunged again.

Not that smart, eaters. I dropped from the beam, drawing my sword, and pointed it straight down. I straddled the beast, my sword going straight through its spine, and clutched on as it bucked and writhed. I twisted my sword once sharply, and the beast fell. I leapt off lightly before I could get squashed.

I walked forward, shaking off the bout of dizziness that wracked my body that had nothing to do with my eater-ride. I stuck my sword back under my jacket and followed Sven. This is why I was a Guardian, and they were recruits. I pulled my hair sharply into a slightly stubby ponytail and felt the sleeves of my jacket. Yep, knives were still there.

I liked this. The comforting sound of things rattling in my pockets (some of the recruits looked a little worried at this) and zippers jingling, soft leather over my skin, the turquoise in my hair vivid, and the easy weight of my sword, strapped to my side. Easy peasy, nice and familiar.

I repeat: I liked this.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:03 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Sorry I didn't post this earlier. I've been busy (:

Name- Anna, or Anime by her friends

Age- 16

Allegiance- Guardian

Species (if evil)- N/A

Appearance/attire-
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
Image those boots

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Weapons/Equipment- She has twin daggers both covered in poison that look something like this:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
Image she keeps it around her neck for anytime use.

Powers (if vampire)-

Personality-She's Gothic, so she can be very depressing to be around. But she can be very upbeat too. She never thinks about herself, and she is very sacrificing. She loves to be around people, even though she doesn't like to admit it, and she loves to listen to random chatter. It makes her feel like there are better things in the world other than her problems. She is also Emo, and she cuts, but she never shows them to anyone. Some people think she's mental, but she thinks those people are rude. She loves to hear the things people have to say about her, even though most of it just makes her sad. She has wild mood swings, so one minute she might be happy and laughing freely, and the next she'll be crying like an idiot, fumbling for the blade.

Name- Alex (Yes, it's a male)

Age- 16

Allegiance- Evil

Species (if evil)- Werewolf

Appearance/attire-
Spoiler! :
ImageThat shirt and a pair of black jeans

Weapons/Equipment- He has a spiked collar, and gloves:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Powers (if vampire)-

Personality- He's a loner, one man pack. He doesn't like it when other people try to stick near him. He does like it when he's near people, but he's not ready to admit that he wants friends. He wants to be part of something, but he's not ready to take that step, to reach out. So he stays lonely by choice.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

31 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:14 am
Loller65 says...

forsakinshadow wrote:Sorry I didn't post this earlier. I've been busy (:

I forgive you.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:01 am
Cirque says...

<I'm kind of new and well I hope this is okay. Fox, I hope you don't mind but I used your character within my post. Seeming since they are both evil I thought it would be cool if they knew each other.>

Jasper Wildes:

Sweeping my hand across a heavy foot print; a small, carnivorous smile fled across my features. I stared down at the dead bodies the Guardians had left behind. Soul Eaters, such stupid beasts! Not even a challenge. Glancing over my shoulder, the hunger of blood was visible upon my face. I haven't fed in a long time. Straightening, I blinked up into the obscured shadows. The guardians had brought in some apprentices - young apprentices...tasty apprentices.

"Aurelie," I called into the darkness. A nimble girl jumped from her hiding spot, her eyes lingering across the dead soul eater closest to her. I wonder what she thought about it? Did she feel in the least a bit of emotion? Stupid if the girl did! They were nothing but game.

"What!" she snapped back, Aurelie's hands wavering over her weapons. Always on the caution, I guess she wasn't as dumb as she looked. Pushing my fringe from my eyes, I smiled flirtatiously. It was easy to make a girl blush, whereas Aurelie was kind of a challenge. She may hate me more then anything. Plenty of times she'd proven that she'd kill me in a heart beat - although; deep inside, I knew she thought I was gorgeous!

"We got ourselves some live ones!" I whooped. It wasn't my fault I was as giddy as school girl. It's not every day fresh meat enters my domain.

Pulling my pistol from its hold, I slung it across my back and began to saunter down the bee line the Guardians had so obviously left behind. I was hungry and their blood smelt so good. Curling back my lips, my vampire teeth flashed within the darkness. This was going to be fun.

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:06 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Er...I hate to ask, seeing as I normally do, but does someone mind bringing me in? Both of my characters? If you don't mind.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:07 pm
Kaywiia says...

Stella Dawn

I had pulled my hair into a neat bun, and my makeup was flawless. I took one last look in my mirror, and then put it back in my little hand bag. I followed the girl ahead of me, and listened carefully to what the boy who was giving us directions said. My walk was graceful, because of my agility, and a few people stared, but I ignored them.

I watched as the girl, I think her name was Ruri, attack a Soul Eater. Once she was done, I practically shouted, "That was so cool!" Ruri turned around and gave me a look, one that told me shutting up would be a good idea.

I shrugged, and followed her into the warehouse. I turned to the girl beside me, and in an effort to make a friend, said, "Hi, I'm Stella." I gave her my biggest smile, it wouldn't pay to have enemies here. It looked like Ruri didn't like me too much, and I didn't really know why. Unless she had a thing against vampires. I was only a half-vampire, but there was still a vampire part of me.

"I'm Anna," the girl gave me a look, but I ignored it. I was in too good a mood for anyone to ruin my usually perkiness. Once we were all in the warehouse, Ruri shut the door.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:49 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name- Catherine Rose 'Cat'

Age- 16

Allegiance- Guardian

Species (if evil)- Nada

Appearance/attire- pale skin and dark midnight blue eyes and her hair is down past her waist with a naturally occuring red streak on the left side. She has a scar running along her left cheek bone. she is actually very beautiful but she doesn't think so and her curves are in all the right places. Has a smile that she shows rarely but when she does everyone is instantly happy. She loves dark clothes even on the hottest days. Wears a silver pentagram and an ankh. Wears thigh high black boots with high heels she hides a wooden dagger in one of them and a silver one in the other one both are blessed by a Wiccan priestess. She tends to wear a black long sleeved shirt and black jeans.

Weapons/Equipment- She prefers to use older weapons like a sword but is well versed in guns. She has 2 twin katanas on her back and a Desert Eagle. She is trained in martial arts. Daggers and knives.

Powers (if vampire)- Nix

Personality Sweet gentle and understanding a dark and sarcastic side when she is ticked. She has a great sense of humor is a great listener and is very empathtic. She is very random and hyper at times. She has a very quick temper and will withdraw into herself when she is depressed.
*Can someone bring her in please?*
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:27 am
ridersofdamar says...

Cas~~

I had my pistol out in front of me in my right hand and a knife in the left. It was a style a friend of mine had developed that allowed for a seamless transition between ranged and melee combat. I found it particularly effective in closed spaces, like the warehouse that we were in now.

As the others walked through the door I stayed in the back, watching Ruri's unnecessary kill.

A soul eater came at us from the back and I turned, my finger squeezing the trigger quickly so that the creatures head snapped back before it had taken two steps. That was how I liked things. Fast, but deadly, without any unnecessary room for error.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:10 am
Loller65 says...

Ladyofthedeathroses wrote:Name- Catherine...Age- 16...
pale skin...hair is down past her waist...she is actually very beautiful but she doesn't think so and her curves are in all the right places...Sweet gentle and understanding a dark and sarcastic side when she is ticked. She has a great sense of humor is a great listener and is very empathtic. She is very random and hyper at times. She has a very quick temper

You literally just described a girl I know...down to the name and age...

-Leon Trotsky-

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:24 am
Fox says...

Aurelie

I growled with excitement and anticipation. We hadn't fed in days, and I was so thirsty. This was going to be really fun.

The way Jasper looked at me made me feel...used. Like he was only using me to get more and easier kill. I wouldn't be surprised if he was. I was good at playing my part though. I knew he thought that I hated him, and that I would kill him if needed, but that wasn't really the case. I thought he was the most amazing person I'd ever seen, which was how he had gotten me to hang around. The way he made me feel, though, like I was just his puppet. I hated it, but I still stuck with him. I could gain a few things out of this too, and I intended to do that.

We started running through the trees, easily hiding in the shadows. Those poor, naive recruits wouldn't know what hit them. It was there fault, for being to stupid. They never had the right weapons. If they did, then they would have killed us a long time ago, but they didn't, so that's their fault. I didn't feel the least bit sad. I used to, before I met up with Jasper. He changed me in a lot of ways, and I didn't know if that was for the best or not. I tried not to think about it. I didn't want to show any signs of weakness.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I know it doesn't seem like I missed much, but could someone tell me where we are? My brother got me banned for a while, and I have a lot to catch up on. Sorry.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:47 am
Loller65 says...

We're in an abandoned warehouse in Michigan about to take on a whole bunch of Soul Eaters and apparently some vampires...
====================================================
Sven stopped, throwing up his fist, signifying for the recruits to stop.
"Everybody...listen carefully. Do you hear that? That scuttling sound behind us? We aren't alone..."
He drew his second pistol, spinning it on his finger before letting it slip into his hand. He moved slowly, with more trepidation than before. He fired a single round, the bullet ripping apart the face of a stragglng Soul Eater. He continued his sweep of the area. Then, he could smell it. The years of fighting had trained him to know what to expect. It was a vampire. He removed the clip from each gun and replaced them with another clip full of silver bullets.
"Alright, recruits. Form on me. Make a big circle. The idea is to not let them get the jump on us. I hope you've all got something that'll kill a vamp."
He pulled back the slide on top of the pistol, priming it and readying it for the fight.

-Leon Trotsky-

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:35 am
Cirque says...

<Forsakin, I'll add you in.>

Jasper Wildes:

Clambering through a pile of crates, I perked my ears for the Guardians. I haven't spotted them yet, though I knew they were close. I could hear Aurelie behind me. Glancing behind my shoulder, I saw her run her pale fingers through her fringe. Looking back I let my hands fall behind my side and my breath began to part into shallow gasps. This way I could stay more alert and prone to danger.

"Aurelie, are you ready?" I asked. When no one replied anger flamed within me. What the hell was she doing? This was an important mission! This was no time to ignore me, food was damn well at stake. "Aurelie!" looking over my shoulder, I gasped in horror. A hand covered the girl's mouth, an angry looking boy stood behind her; pinning Aurelie to his chest. By his smell, I could tell what he was.

"You overgrown mutt! You better let go of her before I blow a whole between your damn freaking eyes!" raising the pistol, I positioned it at the werewolf. Disgusting, repulsive things. Aurelie let out a shallow yelp.

"Your one to talk, leech." The werewolf retorted, the hollowness in his voice was infuriating.

"Let her go, werewolf. That's not to hard to understand, even for your kind."

He scowled. "I'm not the one walking to their deaths, now am I!?"

I stopped moving. What the hell was he talking about? Obviously a lie. Werewolves lied all the time, they were built that way. Ugly, fowl and down right disgusting.

"Why should I believe you?" anger began to perpetuate around me. Flickering a glance at Aurelie, I felt emotion dance across my brow. "Go piss on a tree or something."

The werewolves eyes darkened. I felt my grip loosen momentarily on the gun before strengthening. Trying to hold my composure, I fanged my teeth for good measures. Stupid beast, didn't he get the idea that he wasn't wanted. I guess werewolves never got the idea, being dogs after all.

"I wouldn't be so quick to talk...especially since your lives are in my hands at the moment." The werewolf sneered, his lips curling threateningly back.

Aurelie began to squirm violently in his hold. Kicking and trying her best to screech, I felt my hands begin to weaken. The werewolf tightened his grip as if he had only been allowing a minor of his strength to unfold. Aurelie fell limp, defeat glowing like fluorescent globes in her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I shouted, my heart racing.

"Behind these crates are a group of people awaiting your arival. And it's not a tea party they wish to share with you. If you follow me, I might be able to save you...maybe; if I choose."

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:28 pm
Fox says...

Aurelie

What the crud was wrong with me! I'd taken 10 werewolves before! Why couldn't I get this one?! UGH! Stupid surprise attacks. I never was good at dealing with those. Then again, I'd always been on the other end, trying to surprise someone else, never the other way around. I hadn't been trained for that. I glared at Jasper. He was always so cocky. He never thought he needed more practice, so he never trained me to do certain things that I would apparently need to know!

I squirmed in the werewolves arms. I never wanted to be so close to any creature in my entire life. This was terrible. I shot my leg down onto his foot, but it couldn't reach. He was holding me up. Good thing I didn't need to breath, or else I'd be dead.

"Go piss on a tree or something." Jasper said angrily.

"I wouldn't be so quick to talk...especially since your lives are in my hands at the moment." The werewolf replied. I raised my eyebrows questioningly. What was he talking about.

I squirmed to get free, and I almost did, but suddenly, his grip tightened. Then everything went blank.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie