z

Young Writers Society

The Ashheim Academy (A Harry Potter Universe Tale)

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:04 pm
Jas says...

Name: Juliet Fairfields

Character picture:

Character theme: (A song or theme that best represents your character)

Allegience: (Spy- Someone that works for Stalin, either as a student in the school or one of his men. Ally- A student that belongs in the student resistance group. Normal- Someone that has no connection with the above groups): Ally

Bloodline: (Pureblood or Half-Blood) Aw, no muggleborns? Aw, I guess Halfblood

Appearance: Dark brown hair with red streaks that she put in. Originally dark green eyes but she occasionally changes it with magic. Rather tall for her age at 6'1. She is thin and

Personality: (please include strengths and weaknesses): She is fierce, loud, rude and sarcastic to Stalin's men. She
is kind and sweet to people she likes though. She hates that she has to go to this school and voices her opinions often. She holds grudges like you've never seen it and if you didn't know her seems to have a personality disorder. When she's around her friends she's funny, sweet and charming. Once any teacher in the school or Stalin's men comes within sight of her, she becomes a catty, rude, violent person. She is very persuasive and lies slide out of her like an oil spill.

Background: She was originally homeschooled by her mother in a small Russian town. She had lived in England until her father died when she was 7. When she was 13, men came to her village and told her that she had to come with them. Her mother was a muggle and her dead father was a wizard. She never practiced magic around her mother but somehow Stalin's people found out. She was forced to leave her childhood best friend, Hunter and attend this school. She hated life at the school and missed her mother and Hunter immensly.

Abilities: (magic or normal. List their strengths and weaknesses)

Magic: Charms and defensive spells, like the ones that would be taught in Defense Against the Dark Arts but I doubt this school has that class. She is weak in Transfiguration (sp?).

Normal: She is quick on her feet, but can't fight for her life. However, she will distract the person and of course, she has Protego. xD

Misc:(Quirks, Habits or Favourite Spells): Protego, Immobulus, Obliviate and Stupefy. She constantly bites her finger nails. She loves to sing.

Equipment: (Staff, Wand or Various) Her wand is 9 inches, Willow, the core is Hippogriff Talon which is excellent for charm work. :)
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

336 Reviews

Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:26 am
Jas says...

Squall told me that we were starting today...are we?
I am nothing

~*~

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:30 am
Jagged says...

I'm ready to go, just waiting for the green light.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:55 am
Kelcia says...

I'm up and ready to go. ;)
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:52 am
Squall says...

Name: Calina Borisova

Character picture: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=russia% ... 2#/d1wnq54

Character theme: Lily Allen - LDN , Black Sabbath War Pigs, The Next Time You Say Forever

Allegiance: Ally

Bloodline: Pureblood

Appearance: Has frizzy blond hair that’s slightly pass shoulder length, dark brown eyes and tanned skin. She is of average height, medium build and has fairly toned muscles. Has very little fashion sense and tends to dress up in tomboyish outfits. Though she has a rather baby looking face, on closer inspection, there is this wariness to her that is difficult to decipher.

Personality: Calina is meticulous and obsesses over her oddball interests, beliefs and hatred of Stalin. Most of her time outside of class is spent in the library, the sports and dueling arena or at her secret hideout. She has few friends and those that know her thinks that she has a loony, one tracked mind. But because of how Calina has no shame in what she does, she dismisses their opinions as moronic. On the outside, she is a modest and overly kind person. As she dislikes attracting unwanted attention, she does her best to blend in with the rest of the crowd and lets others steal the spotlight. Deep down however, she is cynical of the day to day operations at Ashheim and of Stalin’s intentions, and there is this streak of fire within her that's eager to erupt.

Background: Calina grew up on a wizarding farm in a village nestled at the foot of a mountain with her two older brothers and parents who were eccentric Magizoologists with hardy environmentalism beliefs. During Calina’s teenage years, Stalin’s grasp on wizarding Russia grew ever tighter and her parents had enough and became members of a resistance group.

However, they were eventually discovered by Stalin’s spies and many of its members were arrested, imprisoned and tortured, including her parents.

Though separated from her family, her parents’ actions had inspired Calina to rebel against Stalin, and for the last few years, she has been keeping a journal containing her negative thoughts and numerous drafts of hair-brained schemes to take down Stalin.

Abilities:

Magical: Best in Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts. Has mastered Legilimency to have a better understanding of what’s happening behind the scenes at Ashheim and to have a consensus of the student body. Lately, she has also been using Legilimency to seek potential allies for her resistance group.

Normal: Calina enjoys practical work and so she excels in Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology. She prefers using her staff not just as her second wand, but to smack opponents with in duels as she is used to using one as a weapon since childhood where she normally sparred with her brothers with long sticks.

Misc: She is fond of a spell that rains down hail on her opponents. As for support charms, she considers the Disillusionment Charm and the Undetectable Extension Charm to be her area of expertise. There is also this charm that she knows that increases her strength for a period of time. It was taught by her father to help make chores around the farm easier to finish.

When it comes to food, Calina is obsessed with it. This might explain why she shows very little manners at the dinner table.

Equipment: Her wand is 13 inches, Yew, with the core of a Hippogriff Talon. It was one of the items that was passed down to her by her father. Then there's her staff that she has modified to also act as a broomstick.
Last edited by Squall on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 35 times in total.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:15 pm
LastPaladin says...

So it begins

Mark Tensa – Day 1: Corridor

So the new kid walks down a corridor alone, why had he tried to even get his comics here, it had made him late? He rushed and hoped he wouldn’t miss class. It was his third day here. All because his parents had to be pricks and get themselves kicked out of country. All they’d done was admit to being atheists to Church and not believing in Democracy. True that, but might as well been a death sentence.

Now he was in this frigid environment trying to behave, ‘Praise Stalin’ the whole kitten caboodle. Just as he finally came to Charms he saw them.

Shit he murmured

“So little Americana can’t be on time boys?”

It was one of the prefects, one he’d been told to avoid. No one was about and he didn’t like the look in their eyes one bit.

Noticeably cowing, he smiled, “Can I get into class Boris?”

The brute frowned, while Mark saw just how many comrades he had, “I don’t know Mark, you’re late.”

“I promise it won’t happen again.” He reached nervously in his bag for his Gladius,, while keeping a close eye on them.

“Petificus Totalus!”

Paralysis hit him immediately and he watched in terror as they walked over to him; a literal lamb to the slaughter. He couldn’t scream as they punched and kicked him, beginning to beat him senseless.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:08 pm
Jagged says...

Mikhail Mogarych Lebedev - Corridor
It was no big secret that Mikhail held little more than contempt for the school prefects. They tended to be mindlessly violent and needed no excuse to start a brawl or organize a beating when someone was disagreeing with them. Their little posse was no better, joining in like half-mad dogs for a piece of the action and some vague hope of recognition.

So when it so happened that he wandered past the corridors on his way to Runes and heard the unmistakable sound of Boris unleashing his cronies on yet another unfortunate victim, his first impulse was to come in and break up the fact. That the kid on the ground was under Body-Bind was obvious, and Mikhail never had seen the appeal of beating on someone who couldn't hit back.

"Are you really so cowardly that you can't even fight someone half your size alone?" He'd discarded his bag, walking almost casually towards the pack. They'd stopped for an instant, glaring at him for interrupting, Mikhail ignored them. Let them glare as much as they wanted, he didn't care. "I don't even know why I expected better of you." He smirked, fists curling in anticipation.

"Don't tell me you're trying to protect this little traitor" Boris snarled, gesturing at the boy on the ground. A quick glance downward - oh, the American kid. He made a face, but shook it off for the moment.

"I don't care about protecting him so much as telling you how much of an absolute spineless idiot you are." Cocky smile on, challenging look... Yep, there it was, Boris baring his teeth and lunging at him while the others stepped back and looked on. The imbecile had always been too quick to take a bait.

Come and get it.

Runes could wait. This, ladies and gentlemen, was how you relieved stress.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:18 pm
Tenyo says...

Bleh I posted a minute too late. Okay, editing...
We were born to be amazing.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:23 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Alec

He walked around the grounds, just observing the going ons, the people, the layout. He wasn't a student here, but he wasn't a spy either. He preferred to label himself as neutral, undeclared. But he knew he would stand up for these kids before he returned to Stalin's reign.

"Petrificus Totalus!" someone shouted.

Alec groaned. This couldn't be good.

He ducked down and made his way toward the commotion. In a hallway, a small kid - American, by the looks of him - was lying frozen on the floor while others flailed on him. Alec shook his head, lifting his wand and taking aim. He whispered to himself, though he didn't need to. "Impedimenta."

The kid, a prefect by the badge on his chest, cried out as he fell backwards. Alec took the chance during this distraction, getting to his feet and rushing the rest of them. He put his wand away and got ready to use his bo staff, just in case.

"A prefect, huh? Now is this how your supposed to act, beating the bloody hell out of classmates?" he snarled, standing over the paralyzed victim.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:29 pm
Tenyo says...

-Dima-

He turned the corner, and swiftly turned back. It was one thing to kick someone when they're down, but to paralyse them first? He secured his parchment in one of his pockets and turned the corner.

'Didn't anybody ever teach you manners?' He said, pacing quickly down the corridor. The prefects and their group stood back.

'Another one? I don't need no manners.' Boris said with a grin. He raised his wand.

'Expelliarmus!' Dima waved his his hands and dispelled two people at once. He did it a second time, and the others looked at each other.

'See, I told you!' One of them snapped at Borris, who seemed slightly bewildered. 'He can do that thing where they don't use no wand.'

'So, that don't mean he's-' he was interrupted when Dima punched him hard in the face.

He stepped back and realised there were two older boys, standing either side, who suddenly acknowledged eachothers presence.

'Don't get the wrong idea,' Dima said, 'I'm not on your side.'

'Likewise,' Mikhail said.

The third, Alec, just looked at them with a stiff face.
We were born to be amazing.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:11 pm
Rydia says...

Valentina

Being the good student that she was, Valya sat in class, paying due attention to the teacher and didn't witness the event that was to change her life. They were doing spells. Sometimes she wished they could do ordinary work but apparently that wasn't useful. Valya thought it was. She'd like to be better at counting, maybe then she'd actually be able to keep track of her money. Then again, she spent most of it on presents for Boris lately. Having a boyfriend was taxing on the purse.

It wasn't like they even had any fun. Pffft. He was always pissing about, being Mr. big prefect guy. Valya felt so small beside him. It was... it was so hard to keep up.

"Hey... hey Valya?"

"Huh?" Turning to the person next to her, she blinked and tried to wake herself up. "Sorry, I was just... did you want something?"

"We're choosing partners, Valya, weren't you listening?" She gave a half shrug and pulled a face. She actually hadn't been listening. What was with that? Boris was making her lose her head.

"So, yeah? I repeat, did you want something?" She grinned and tipped her head to one side. Her friend laughed too and they stood, moving their chairs and desk out of the way.

"Oh I don't know, maybe I don't want to partner you no more," her friend joked.

"Well. If you won't, I will," Someone else said, coming up to them.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

336 Reviews

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:23 pm
Jas says...

EDIT: God modding on my part :)
Last edited by Jas on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am nothing

~*~

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:26 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Alec

Alec just huffed; he wasn't even supposed to be here. Some students these were, not even noticing that he was a trespasser - harmless, but still... Now he had another one to worry about.

"Ask your prefects," he snapped, gesturing at the American. "Now, if you'll excuse me; this is getting a little too crowded for my taste."

He made to walk away and let the students handle their own, but someone stepped in his path. He frowned, staring flatly at this newcomer brandishing his wand around like a maniac. "But you wait a bit! Who are you? I've never seen you before."

Alec scoffed, rolling his eyes. He stepped around the kid. "A bystander. Nothing more."

"Why'd you help us out, then?" Dima asked.

Alec shrugged. "I intervene where necessary. I have no ties, no allegiances; I prefer to be free, unobligated. Is that a problem?"
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:44 am
Kelcia says...

Anna

Anna rubbed her temples impatiently. The commotion had started when the prefect Boris had yelled something – however, she thought nothing of this. Boris was always yelling.

But then voices rose as more people joined the confrontation. She wished that she were allowed to block sounds entering her music room – it would have been so much easier to concentrate.

As the disagreement came to a head, she banged her fist on the piano keys, resulting in an unharmonious chord.

“I shall count to twenty,” she said through gritted teeth. “And if they have not shut up by then, I shall put silencing charms on the lot of them.” She had reached fifteen before the noise died down.

“Finally,” she muttered, sinking back down onto the piano stool. She set her fingers to the keys and tried to pick up where she had left off. Before the fight had started, she had been practicing one of her own compositions, titled Piano Concerto no. 3: Water Sounds, but she had completely lost the thread of the music. Irritated, she pushed aside the piano stool and strode to the door.

Sticking her head out of the classroom, Anna snapped,

“Where is Boris? Because he should know better than make trouble during my practice sessions!" She glared at the people in the hallway. “Just keep quiet, or I’ll hex you.” She ended brusquely before slamming the door shut. Through the wood, Anna heard someone mutter,

“Joyful, isn’t she?” Humph, She thought grumpily, before returning to her piano.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:31 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Tyler~

Tyler had gone to the bathroom in and was back on his way to his charms class counting his steps. Depending on my stay I wondered when he heard a girl yelling.

“Just keep quiet, or I’ll hex you,” she screamed before slamming a door. Interested Tyler deviated from his path and went to see what was going on. The teacher probably wouldn’t question my delay too much.

He looked to see Boris and his gang standing on one side and three other boys standing on the other side of a petrified bloody kid.

Boris sneered as I stepped up seeing that now he was outnumbered. “So all of you are America loving traitors. Well you’ll all get what’s coming to you.

Tyler ignored Boris. Tyler pulled out his wand and bent over the fallen victim. He tapped the with my wand and his muscles loosened. He had a bloody nose and a bloody lip. “Episkey,” Tyler mumbled as he pointed at the bloody possibly broken nose. Then he used the same spell for his lip. The dried blood remained and Tyler pointed his wand again. “Terego,” he said and the blood siphoned off. You may develop some bruises but that will do for now and I don’t think you have any broken bones. Still you should go see Madam Kozlov. “

I stood up. The other looked at Tyler in a odd way. It probably had to do with the fact that Tyler was known for talking very little. What he had just said must have been the longest sentence they had ever heard him utter.

Tyler helped the kid up then reached into his pocket and pulled out a box of Bertie Bots every flavoured beans. He took one and bit into it. Soap, interesting.

“What some,” he said offering the box to the others,
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan