Young Writers Society

School

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:10 pm
fictionfanatic says...

This is WordsInMyMind

Grant Abild:

She feld from the room, her cheeks bright pink. Poor girl. She must have a weak stomach. Rising from my seat I said "I'll get the janitor." Some students gave me a look, knowing very well that I was new and had no idea where the janitor was but they said nothing.

Shoving my hands in my leather jacket pockets I strode from the room and wandered the hallways until I spotted the girl sitting in the nurses office. The nurse had her back to me. The girls looked up at me and I crossed my eyes at her. She gave a smile. Sticking my tongue out I gave myself deer antlers with my hands.

She began laughing a little. Next I just plain screwed up my face, which caused her to explode with laughter. When the nurse turned I opened the door and said "Hello. There was an incident in the science room and we need a janitor. I'm new here and have no idea where it is. Could you go get him or her for me?"

The nurse gave me a firm look but walked passed me into the hall. As she walked away I took a pack of gum from my pocket. Slidding a piece out from its place I offered it to the girl "Want it?" Shaking her head she said quietly "No, not really."

"Yes you do." I responded. Taking the gum she placed it in her mouth. When she began chewing I said "It's only about three years old." With that she pit it out into the floor, which got a laugh from me. "I'm kidding. I got it on my way here today." I gave her another piece and said "I'm Grant."

"Silvia." She replied. Nodding I said "Nice. I like your hair." Running my hand through my hair I said jokingly "Do you think it would be a good color on me?"
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:25 pm
Fox says...

Silvia

I laughed, but didn't say anything. I was still embarrassed a little.

The nurse returned and sent Grant away. After a few more minutes, I was allowed to leave. The bell rang right as I left the room, so I got ready for my other class, hoping Grant wasn't in it.

Thankfully, he wasn't, but Jesse was. Why was it that I met so many people that would make me laugh even if I didn't want to? It was kind of odd, considering I had no sense of humor whatsoever really.

Jesse distracted me the entire class, making smart-alack remarks the whole time. I didn't even know what the lesson was about, so I got into trouble when the teacher asked me a question. Oh well, it was worth it, having a fun time in class.

When finally, school was over, I headed right to my car to head home. It had been a long day. I was going to have some friends over to swim. This was the beginning of the school year, so the homework was easy and I had plenty of time to hang out. It may be a long way away, but I couldn't wait until summer.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:37 pm
Fox says...

Okay, so I leave for camp tomorrow. Thursday I'm coming back, so when I do can you guys tell me what I missed???
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:55 am
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, thanks guys for letting me join. Seems interesting.

Name: Katie *Kate* Holmes

Appearance: (use a picture, no anime)
Spoiler! :

Personality: She usually keeps to herself, but she loves to talk to friends. If someone she doesn't know tries to talk to her, and she can tell they're trouble, she doesn't talk to them.

History: (optional) She lives with her mom, Linda, who beats her. Her parents got divorced when she was born, and her mom blames her for it. She's seen her dad once when she was a girl, but he had come to get some of his things from their house, then he was gone. She tries to hide all of her bruises, but sometimes it doesn't work out, then they end up moving somewhere else when someone finds out.

Talent: She can balance anything on top of something else with ease. (I couldn't think of anything else sorry if it doesn't fit)

Up for love?: Yes

Car:
Spoiler! :
Imageher dad gave her mom the money for the car

Other: she wishes she had a dog, but her mom hates dogs and every time she brings it up, her mom gets mad.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I'd like to make another character if that's okay...

Name: Tie Kahm

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Tie is a peacful person who believes in fighting only for defensive purposes. He's normally very calm and can usually keep very mellow. But sometimes he can get very mad and he'll snap, forgetting everything he believes in.

History: Tie's parents came from China two months before he was born. They enrolled him in Krate when he was three, and then Tie went to Kung Fu.

Talent: He's mastered Karate and Kung Fu

Up for love?: Sure

Car:
Spoiler! :
This but black, a little older, and more beat up.Image
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:05 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

I'm not really sure how to start, so could someone bring my character in? Sorry.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:16 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Tie:

I saw a girl with black hair and bruises. I figured that she fought and walked up to her. Giving her a smile I asked "What's your talent? Do you do Kung Fu? Karate? Jiu Jitsu?" Giving me a funny look she said "Uh, no. Not exactly. I balance things." I rrose my eyebrows and said "Oh. Get into fights?" She hesitated for a moment and said "Uh, yeah. I got into a fight."

Giving her a smile I said "I'm Tie. My talent is Karate and Kung Fu. I'm currently learning Jiu Jitsu." Judging by her bruises I figured that she wasn't exactly good at fighting and said "Do you want me to teach you some?"
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:27 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Katie~

Yea, fighting wasn't a good idea. I shook my head. I didn't need more bruises than I already had. He shrugged, and walked off. I sat there, staring at the pencil. I hated being alone. I hated hiding it all, but I had no choice. No one would care if they knew, and if anyone did know, that wouldn't help any. I kept the one bruise on my arm hidden. The one that looked clearly like a hand.

My hair fell in my face, covering those bruises. I wished people wouldn't ask questions. It was better that way, always better. I balanced the pencil on it's tip, and removed my hand, watching as it stood there on its own.

When school finally ended, I was free. Or, at least until I got back home. Then I'd be confined to my room. I headed for my car, letting the sun shine on my face as much as possible. Some one caught me before I reached my car.

"Hey," They said. I smiled slightly, only wanting to get to my car. "Uh, some friends and I are going out, and we were wondering if you wanted to come." I shook my head, eyes wide. I only had the time to get home. They smiled. "Why?" I looked at them, a pleading look on my face. I opened my car door, not caring if it hit them, and I got in. I sat there for a minute, taking in the freedom.
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:42 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Name: Juni Harper

Appearance: (use a picture, no anime)
Spoiler! :

Personality: Juni's rather shy, but once you get to know her, she's sweet, funny, and a great friend. She hates sports, but loves reading and theater. She's also quite the writer. She's smart, but not a know it all. She is "the innocent one", and is very laid back. If you offend her deeply, though, expect a lifetime of guilt, because she'll become visibly upset every time she looks at you. She is very trusting.

History: (optional): Juni lived with her aunt her whole life, as she is an orphan. She never really had any friends, but she had her aunt, and that was fine by her. Her aunt saw her perform onstage, and immediately enrolled her.

Talent: Acting, singing, some guitar. She's a seriously good actress.

Up for love?: Sure, but she isn't desperate. A friend would be nice.

Car:
Spoiler! :

Other: She comes alive onstage, showing her personality like she never would in school. She doesn't like being in the center of attention. She wears a dark brown suede string around her wrist with a small seashell on it constantly.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

57 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:54 am

Juni:

I shivered. It was my first day, and I had never been good at firsts. Behind me, Aunt Evi smiled and waved her hand forward. I smiled back and walked, a little unsteadily, into the school.

I immediately wished I was home. Everyone was so pretty, and laughing, and... I felt my chin quiver.

Focus, Juni! First period, music. Go!

I nodded to myself, tightened my grip on my guitar case, and walked firmly forward. Good girl. Keep going.

I found the room and dodged inside. I took a seat (how weird, no desks) in a corner and began tuning my guitar. It was an acoustic, the perfect size for me, in plum purple. I glanced up quickly and tried not to whimper as I saw another student, who looked far more confident than I was, walking straight towards me.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:13 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Katie

I drove home to my prison. I didn't like calling it that, but what else was it? I tried to hurry. My moment of freedom would make me a moment late, and I couldn't be late, now could I? Actually, I couldn't, or I was dead. My mom was...I pressed my lips together, and focused on the road as I sped down the highway. When I got home, I grabbed my bag and headed to our apartment.

My mom was smoking and yelling at the TV about some advertisement. I kept my head down, and headed strait for my room, locking the door. It wasn't long before I heard her banging at my door. I took my earphones out, and went to the door. She was leaning against the frame.

"You got home late, did you go somewhere?" she questioned. I shook my head and looked somewhere other than her cruel, cold eyes. "I don't believe you." I shrugged.

"Does it matter if you believe me or not? Truth is truth," I answered. The back of her hand met my cheek, and I gasped. Was she wearing a ring?!

"Don't go using those kinda words with me! I'm not taking your mouth today." When did she ever? But I never really said anything when she asked me things like that. I was just getting irritated. I slammed the door in her face, and locked it. No one had the key to this door but me, and it was around my neck.

The next morning, I grabbed my books, and ducked out the window, wearing the same clothes from yesterday. This time, I put a jacket over the bruises as I got in my car and drove slowly to school. It was way to early, but I couldn't stay there. I had no where to go, so I parked in front of the school, and waited, closing my eyes and taking a nap.

A load tap on the window made me jump, and I woke up.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:40 pm
Fox says...

I'm back!!!

Silvia

After spending a lot of time with some of my friends, and talking with them a lot, I decided that I wouldn't focus on boys anymore. In fact, I was going to try to keep away from any boy that might distract me from school. I needed to work on grades, piano, and guitar.

I got ready for school in about ten minutes, not including my shower. I never liked spending a lot of time getting ready in the morning.

My friends met up with me right when I arrived at school. They were all just waiting in the parking lot for the first bell to ring. Grant came up to me.

"Hey." he said.

"Hi."

"I was thinking, maybe we could hang out after school." He said, very gently and nervously. I wanted to say yes, but then I remembered that I had tests coming up, and I needed to study.

"Sorry," I said, "I can't."

"Oh well, maybe some other time."

He walked away, and then the bell rang. I wasn't exactly glad that I said no, but I knew I had too. The only problem was that I didn't really know why. I was a very confusing person, and I couldn't really explain how I felt all the time, even to myself.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:53 pm

I muttered an apology and moved to another seat. Confident people + me = awkwardness. I began going through scales, not looking up for anything. Class went pretty smoothly, and I was thankful for that. I actually kind of liked it. Next: Math.

I smiled as I hurried on to the room, my guitar safely stashed in the music room. I liked math, and was good at it. I took a seat in the middle, more towards the back. Just because I was good didn't mean I wanted to be right up front. I worked diligently, and managed not to get called on.

Now, vocals. I was rather scared about this; I didn't know how I would stack up against other students. As soon as I walked in, the teacher nudged me forward. "Introduce yourself." she said warmly. I smiled weakly.

"Uh, well, my name's Juni. I live with my aunt, Evi, and I'm here mainly for vocals and theater." I said. I wasn't sure if that was quite what they had wanted, but still, I had spoken in front of a whole class! I smiled in relief as the teacher pointed me to a seat towards the middle. I heard a few snickers as people saw my face, and ducked my head.

This was my worst nightmare. I finally speak up, and I get laughed at. I was already shaking; I didn't need to get more upset. I slipped into my seat and tried not to speak to anyone.

I felt someone poke my back. "Hey," they whispered. "Your name's Juni, right?"

*could be any student*
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:10 pm
Fox says...

Silvia

"Your name's Juni, right?" I asked. The girl nodded nervously, and I stuck out my hand.

"Silvia." I said. Juni shook it, and I could tell she was scared. It wasn't a very firm shake.

"I heard you were really good at acting." I said. Again, she only nodded.

"Well, it's good to have you here."

"Silvia, no talking." the teacher said. I rolled my eyes, but obeyed.

After class was over, I caught up to Juni again.

"Why don't you come over some time." I said.

"I don't know." Juni said.

"C'mon, it'll be fun. I'm going to have a camp-fire tonight, and we can roast marsh-mellows."

"I'll think about it."

"Okay. I guess I'll see you later then." I said, walking off. I was glad that it wasn't a straight out 'no'. I really needed to make friends. It was something that I wasn't good at, but I had a feeling this year was going to be a good one.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:10 pm

I raced home- well, as quickly as my car and the law would allow. Evi was in the garden, attempting to plant a fish in hopes it would make the growing better.

"Hey, Evi?"

"Yeah, hon?"

"I got invited to a campfire tonight, and, er, I want to go."

"Really? That sounds fun! Have fun!"

I sent her a grateful smile and went into the house. At the end of the day, Silvia had given me her number, so I called it.

"Hey, uh, Silvia? Where is this campfire? Cool. I'll be there."
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
— Mark Twain