z

Young Writers Society

The Robin Hood Gang 3: A World Joined (Ended)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:23 pm
Howler says...

Hey, Izzy...welcome, first of all...I just want to sort of put it out there that my character is also named Max...I've seen a lot of confusion in SB's where two characters have the same name...do you mind changing it? At least let's just keep it only "Maxine", with no short form. I can't really force you, I guess...just, do you mind? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to keep it a little easier to write and read without mixing up. Have a lucky day.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:51 pm
BenFranks says...

Okay, hopefully when Kay gets back or comes online, this can start. We've got some new blood for this Storybook and I sense fun, let's just hope they don't all vanish once we've started! Lol.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:04 pm
Sins says...

Yeah, we can start soon hopefully. :)

let's just hope they don't all vanish once we've started!

Don't worry! I won't vanish... :lol:
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:43 pm
Kaywiia says...

This is long, but the first post for me allways is, I apologize...

Riley

"Reg, where on earth are the bullets?" I ask, rummiging through the wepon closet. No bullets at all. This was a problem.

"I thought we used them all up last tuesday!" Maitea called from upstairs of the old apartment we lived in.

"Crap. Okay, well, cancel tonights hiest guys. Alis, if there aren't a full set of bullets in here by tommorow morning...." I threaten her. She was suposed to stock us up yesterday.

"Whatever." She calls from the living room. I sigh. Suddenly, there is a loud knock on the door. I grab an empty pistol out of the closet, and open the door. It's Mitch.

"Mitch, long time no see." I tell him.

"Been busy, Riley. The gang world is a mad house lately. I am surpirsed your all alive." He tells me.

"Why?" Alis demands. Mitch looks at her in confusion, never having met Alis, but I wave him off.

"Introductions and catch-ups later. Mitch, whats happening?" I ask.

"A group called the Paradise Killers are basically killing off all the Robin Hood Gang members in the world. Some people have escaped, but not many." He tells me.

"How is this possible? There are thousands of gang memers all over the world!" Alis is yelling now.

"The PK has more people then we know. I am just gald you are all alive." Mitch says quietly.

Bree walks up to us, by the look on her face she has heard a great deal of it. "How will we defeat them?"

"A bigger gang. One huge Robin Hood Gang." Ace says, suddenly walking in.

"Mitch, did you make any friends while you were out 'travilng the world'?" Alis asks him.

"Yeah, sort of. I don't know if the're all..."

"Call them, tell them to come here." Bree tells Mitch. He takes out his phone and starts to dial.

Reg and James walk out from the kitchen, "Whats happening?" James asks.

"Soemone is out to kill all the members of all the RHG's in the world." I say. My voice is calm, confident.

It would stay that way, no matter how outnumbered we were.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Reviews: 2
Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:20 pm
RedSun says...

Alis

"Soemone is out to kill all the members of all the RHG's in the world." Riley says. And this is a problem...because? We had faced off probelms way worse than any stupid little killer gang that thought it could get in my-our-way. They had obviously never seen me angry.

Mitch finishes up a few phone calls.

"Riley, I have a friend. I haven't sen him in a while, but I think he'd be an....asset to us. Mind if I give him a call?" I ask her.

"Go ahead." She says. It wasn't like me to ask fer permission, but I thik Riley would get mad if some random guy turned up at the apartment.

I pick up my phone and dial his number. Hopefully he is still alive.

"Hello?" His rough voice asks.

"Hi Jimmy." I tell him.

"Alis?" He asks.

"Who else you blundering son of a..... nevermind. Hey, aparently a gang here in America, the fishers, is gathering up a bunch of people to fight of this killer group. You feel like joining us?"

"Wait, you mena the fishers?" He asks.

"Yes, Jimmy, the Fishers." I say, barely hiding the monotone in my voice.

"Cool. I will be right over there. I am in canada now, on a little trip, so I'll be there late tonight. You guys are in Texas, right?"

"Yeah, we are." I say.

"I look foward to seeing you, Alis. It was nice to hear from you again." He says.

"Thats nice. See you Jimmy." I say.

"Congrats, Alis. You managed to 'ave a conversation wit' someone without swearin'. I am proud of ya." Reg says.

"You are so lucky I don't have any bullets." I tell him.

50 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:59 pm
Howler says...

Max

"Sure", I told him.

"Really?"

"Yes"

"Good on you, Max"

I had to let Zach do what he wanted. It was tough, but his idiotic plan was the best way I could think of to keep the gang safe. Basically, Zach wanted to try and scare them to death by throwing skulls of other Robin Hood Gang members at the current targets. He thought it was a fun bit of fear, I figured it'd be good enough to be a warning.

We just got into the town where SS told us this group was, and I knew it was the Fishers here. I already killed three RHG members. Three. All of them innocent RHG bandits, standing for the same thing I originally stood for; justice. For once, the PK weren't giving me that justice that I thirsted for.

Zach climbed to the back of the van and started checking up on the bones in the back. We had five skeletons, two of them from my kills, and three of his. Zach was a cannibal, and a sick one at that. He licked the skeletons clean, and kept them for these kinds of fear strikes. He was efficient, but still pretty errie.

While he was in the back of my van, I pulled out a scrap of paper and a pen. While driving, I wrote on the paper "They're coming. Run". I finished writing the message and stuffed it in my pocket.

"Max, we're here", Zach called out to me from the back of the Van. I pulled over and looked at the apartment building. It was the place. Zach came out of the passenger door with a garbage bag of the five skulls. I followed him into an alley behind the apartment building, and he handed me a skull from the bag.

When he reached back in for another skull, I pulled the note out of my pocket, and put it inside the skull in my hands. Zach threw a skull right into a window. There was somebody inside, that much I knew; there was a very high pitched scream as the window broke. I just hoped it was the right one.

I threw the skull with the note into the same window window. Zach started sprinting back to the van, and I followed him. We sat in the van and we waited. Zach only used knives and blunt throwing weapons, so he would rely on me to shoot them if they went out. I just hoped they'd get my warning, and that I could help them get away.
Last edited by Howler on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

1087 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:34 am
Sins says...

Jimmy

"I look forward to seeing you, Alis. It was nice to hear from you again." I said.

"Thats nice. See you Jimmy." Alis replies.

Snapping my phone shut, my lips curved upwards into a small, pleasured smile. I was going to be in a gang. Well, if they accepted me, that is. As long as Alis put in a good word for me, I'd be fine.

"There you go," I mutter, handing the barman ten dollars. "Keep the change."

I stood up and headed towards the tavern's door. I got the odd strange look as I walked out of the building. I wear skinny jeans, so sue me." I thought to myself sourly. Why did everyone have to be so judgemental nowadays?

If I wasn't so nice, and it wasn't illegal, I would have shot them right there, right then. Laughing to myself at the thought, I continued walking along the gray sidewalk. Ten minutes later, I was in the apartment I'd been renting.

I began to carelessly stuff my clothes into my old backpack. As I shoved my box full of Cd's into the bag, I hesitated. To be honest, I felt nervous. I would never tell anyone this, especially not Alis, but I didn't really like the thought of killing.

Shaking the thought out of my head, I threw the bag onto my back. As I was strolling along the dirty hallway, I saw my landlord.

"Hey," I said to him. "I'm goin' now. I ain't sure when I'll be back."

"Are you leaving now?" He narrowed his eyes at me. "Without any warning?"

"Yeah," I shrugged. "What can I say? I'm an impulsive guy."

My landlord muttered something under his breath before giving me one last glare. Scratching his large, round stomach, he continued walking.

Minutes later, I was stepping into my painted red pickup truck. Here we go, I thought to myself, putting the keys into the ignition.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:29 am
Jas says...

Hey,

You know what? I think I'll have my old character in this! :) Uhh, her excuse was that she went on a two year vacation with your younger sister but is back early :) Hope you don't mind.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:29 am
Jas says...

If one of you could introduce her again, I'd appreciate it sooooo much. Thankies!
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:36 am
Billy says...

Mitch

Each call he made saw Mitch's frown deepening, none of the news he was hearing was good. Of the six or seven reliable people who had been alive last he checked, all seemed to be either dead or missing now. He dialled the last number, sighing to himself. He had not been on the best terms with this particular person, and he was probably too far away as well. But Charlie would probably be an asset nonetheless.

"Charlie here." Mitch breathed a sigh of relief. At least there was one person he would be able to give the Fishers.

"Hey, Charlie, it's Mitch." There was an almost audibly frosty silence on the other end of the line. "Listen, that business with the Paradise Killers? I'm with some people who can help take care of it. You in?"

"Depends," Charlie replied, "Where are you, and who are they?"

"The Fishers, my old gang. Except there are more people here now. We're in Texas, if you're up to joining."

"Alright." Charlie said, keeping things relatively simple, "My flight's just landed in Los Angeles, anyway." Then the phone started beeping, letting Mitch know that he had hung up.

When he turned around, Riley was looking expectantly at him. Mitch shrugged, "Sorry, Riles. I could only get one. The others are dead or missing. But he won't take as long as I expected to get here, he's in LA already. Give him maybe a day, no more than that."

Charlie

Los Angeles was just about everything he had expected it to be. Alive and buzzing with suspicion, the possibility that a Paradise Killer might lurk around any corner was not lost on Charlie. Mercifully, no one knew him on this continent, except of course Mitch, and that rendered some mild security.

Of course, his new car might attract a little attention, especially from any of the Killers who might know of him. It was, after all, virtually identical to the one he had used in Australia, the only difference being the side of the car that the steering wheel was on.

As he filled out the registration details, using forged documents for most of them, Charlie glanced at the woman on the other side of the counter. "Also, can you tell me the fastest way to get to Seattle from here?"

"Oh, that's easy!" She said, "Just take the I-5 from here, and follow that all the way up. You should be fine."

Charlie slid the papers across the counter to her, thanking her before taking his keys and heading out to his car. He had no intention of going to Seattle, of course, and he had a good idea (albeit only a general one) of how to get to the location Mitch had given him the last time they had seen each other in person. But if the PK tracked him this far, it would be good to have them sent off in the wrong direction.
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

42 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:50 pm
Kaywiia says...

Jasmine, you'll have to put her profile first...

Bree

I was worried, that much must have been clear on my face, because Riley kept telling me that most 'gangs' in the rest of the world could have only two or three people.BUt I don't believe her. Reg has told me the same thing, but.....

Jimmy arived first. When there was a knock on the door, Alis sprang up from her seat and practically ran to the door.

"Alis!" He said.

"Hi Jimmy." She said, almost smiling. Huh, Alis smiling, that was odd.

"Who's this?" I ask her.

"Well, Bree, when I left your gang I went to Greece for a while. He ran into another group I was with at the time. I almost killed him, but a friend of mine, Marcello, told me not to." Alis told me.

"Marcello?" Reg asks.

"Yes, Marcello. He was a friend of mine, we met in greece and found many similarites." Alis continues.

"Anyway, nice to meet you Jimmy. I supose Riley will be back here in a minute." I say.

Riley

As I go to walk into the apartment, I notice there is an assortment of skulls on the ground. A note is attached to one:

Let this be your warning.

I almost start panicing. THis was messed up. We were not dealing with just anyone, now. This people were sick. I put all the skulls in a little trash can and go inside. Only Reg, and James, would know about this. The rest of them didn't have to know about that. They wouldn't deal with that well. But they needed to know what we were fighting against.

I fake a smile and walk inside.

"Hey guys!" I say.

"As if on cue..." Bree murmers. A new boy is standing there.

"I'm Jimmy, and you're Riley?" He says.

"How'd you guess?" I ask.

"Your sister." He shrugs. I shoot her a look.

"Well, Jimmy, let me make on thing clear before anything else. I lead this gang, Reg is second in command. If you dare disobey me or him you will be sorry." I say.

"Cool it, Riley, I trust him." ALis says.

"So we should kick him out now, then?" Ace asks. I grin.

"If he's anything like you, Ms. lets-go-tell-Marcello-where-we-are-all-hiding, then we are in trouble." Bree says.

"Be nice, we don't even know him yet and your judging him." Maitea says.

"With good reason, if Alis is friends with him, he has got to be something along the lines of a serial killer." I say.

"Wonderful friends you have here, Alis." Jimmy tells her.

"It's not like I do't deserve that reputation." She responds with a huge grin. Aparently she is proud of her reputation. Well, if this guy turned out to be anything bad, we just shoot him.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:56 pm
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

I walk into the hall after I'd briefly talked to James in the kitchen and mused at the new figure standing at the doorway, the wooden door shut behind him. I scowled at him, almost immediately he looked up at me, but quickly turned his attention to Alis.

"New guy, eh?" I snarled.

Jimmy nods his head, "Yeah. I'm Jimmy."

I look him up and down and smile. "Jimmy, you say? I knew a Jimmy once. Besides, dun' look so scared, eh?"

He looked at me, his eyes suddenly defensive. "I ain't scared," he objected.

I merely winked at him and started to make off for the lounge when Riley grabbed my arm and twisted me to face her and James. She pulled us both into the Lounge and shut the door, telling Maitea to give us five minutes. Despite Maitea's bewilderment, she obliged all the same.

"What's up Riley?" asked James, concerned.

"Look at this," Riley said, handing the note to James and getting me to look over his shoulder at it.

"Death threats?" said James, looking up from the note, his eyebrow lifted in curiousity.

"No," I grunted bluntly.

"Huh?" said James and Riley almost at the same time.

"Look closer, 'tis a warnin'. And if I ain't right, looks like Max's handwritin' and all," I say, pointing at the over-elaborated coming, which was typical of Max. "My guess, is them PK bunch are on us."

1087 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:15 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Jimmy

I could feel my stomach turning nervously. Some of these guys seemed kind of aggressive. I didn't need a mirror to tell that I looked like some kind of scared little puppy. Mind you, what did I expect? Did I expect them all to be having a courteous tea party or something? Chuckling to myself, I looked up at Alis.

"So," I began. "Are there any other new guys comin'? Or is it just me?"

"Not sure yet. It depends on who we can find." Alis replied.

I really hoped that there was going to be more new members. Otherwise, I would be like a sheep in a field of tigers. At least I had Alis, I suppose.

"All right." I said, trying to look as relaxed as possible.

The fact that I was acting like some scared little kid didn't help with the whole being accepted thing either. I needed to start acting like my usual outgoing self if I wanted to fit in any time soon. Come on Jimmy, I thought to myself. Just cool down. Be yourself. Being yourself. That was harder said than done when you were in an apartment full of strangers.

"So, guys?" A curved smile grew on my face. "What do you do for fun around 'ere?"

42 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:40 pm
ridersofdamar says...

James~~

A band of killers out to get us? Why did this seem like fun?

I walked out of the kitchen, a bowl of cold beans in a bowl being shoved into my mouth. Riley was meeting the new guy, Jimmy, and from the look on her face she didn't look pleased.

I walked over to the group and introduced myself, then turned to Riley, "I'm gonna go get some stuff from town. Want anything?"

She shook her head, so I awkwardly gave her a hug and then ran out the door, setting the empty bowl of beans next to the door as I left. I took a right out the door and nearly tripped on some white stones. I checked again and gagged, the smell now becoming noticeable as I saw the holes where eyes had once been. I went around back with a trash bag and picked up the skulls, throwing them in the trunk, and hoping to god I didn't get pulled over.

I kept to the speed limit until I reached the city where I dropped the skulls in a trashcan and then moved on to the electronics store.

- - - - -

I came back an hour later, ten video cameras and all of the necessary mechanics in a bag. These guys were good, and a little bit sick, if they hadn't been caught by the cops and that scared me. These cameras wouldn't do much to deter a professional, but it would tell us where not to wait for them if they did come.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

50 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:18 pm
Howler says...

Max

Zach and I were waiting in the van for a few hours. We didn't see anybody suspicious walk out, and we didn't have headshots on most of the RHG members. We usually looked for suspicious things in their possesion, wandering in crowds of friends, things like that. When we saw somebody walk in with a bunch of video cameras, Zach and I both knew it was a definite member.

Zach wanted to run up and knife the guy with the cameras. I had to think. They were planning on staying where they were, and that would be the death of them. If we couldn't stab or shoot them, somebody would blow up the entire building. That would be way worse. I didn't want worse.

"I'll follow the guy", I blurted out to Zach. He was a little surprised that I spoke, and I was too. I needed to get the gang out and about, and I wasn't finding a way to do it from in here.

I got out of the van and James didn't say another word. I threw on a jacket and put a cap on my head with the bill facing downward, to try and keep my face a little darker. I walked right on in, and stayed a distance behind...whoever it was with the cameras. I don't think I met this person before...but it was a while since I was with the gang, I might have forgotten a person or two. I don't know.

He walked inside one of the apartments, the one that I believe the skulls went into. So much for a secretive aid, I thought to myself. The camera person opened the door, and as he closed the door, I shoved my foot between the door and the frame to keep it open. The guy I followed dropped his cameras and pulled a gun out at me. I looked in, and there was another two or three people that pulled a gun out too. I put my hands up, and took the hat off.

"Hey, guys. Nice to see you too", I said to them.
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

"What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music."
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian