z

Young Writers Society

Hooves and Heels

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:43 am
Conrad Rice says...

I sent a PM to you explaining that, jasmine.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

369 Reviews

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:50 am
Conrad Rice says...

I sent you a reply on your PM, jasmine. Follow the instructions that I gave you.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:42 am
Jennafina says...

I'd go ahead and post your profile. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:09 am
Durriedog says...

Full Name: Tin Rainstomper

Birthplace: The Northern Plains

Race: Centaur

Eye Color: green-brown

Height: 2m

Weight: 200kg

Appearance: Wild brown hair only half bound in tiny braids, tanned with band of freckles across nose, muscled. Dark brown horse body.

Clothing: Leather and hardened wood vest, essencially covering all that needs to be covered, parka-type thing that only covers one shoulder, heavy belt, horse chest guard.

Weapon(s): spear, two short swords.

Spells: nada

Special Skills: Dodging, fighting, tactics.

Natural Abilities: Very fast and strong.

Brief History: Tin was origionally called Tinargia and some elders still call her that. Was assulted as a child by her father, became adept fighter when she was adopted after he died.
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

369 Reviews

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:15 am
Conrad Rice says...

One more centaur space and one more human space available! :)

369 Reviews

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:47 pm
Conrad Rice says...

*Going to go ahead and start this. We can "pick up" the other human and centaur along the way. Also, in this RP, mine and Jenna's characters are the highest ranking in their respective groups. The humans are expected to, but don't have to, pay attention to Jenna's character. Likewise with the centaurs and my character. So, lets begin! :)*

Orren looked out over the hills and stomped his hoof. Though he could see no sign of the enemy, he knew that they were there. How could they not be? They were many miles deep in elvish territory. He half expected to be skewered by an arrow at any instant. As cunning as the enemy was on the advance, they were probably ten times as such in their own lands.

But he couldn't let himself dwell on that. It would impede his ability to lead if he were to think on it. His mind would be clouded by fear and uncertainty. He had to guide everyone here out of this dangerous place, even the humans. It would do no good for the elves to find stragglers or bodies. Such things would give away clues as to the existence of others here. The fewer clues the elves had that a party of four humans and four centaurs was right in their territory, the better off that party would be.

Orren snorted and turned back to the group. They were just beginning to wake after an uneasy night's sleep.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:18 pm
lizzifer says...

REMOVED :D
Last edited by lizzifer on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The one who smiles the most has something to hide.

..i'm lonely...message me..some how add me on your social networking site (unless you are some creepy weirdo who stalks girls for their organ harvesting company..i personally like them inside of me thankyou :) )

369 Reviews

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:03 am
Conrad Rice says...

*Maybe I should have explained this better. All the humans and centaurs are together in one party when this starts. They're trying to work together to get out of this. No one is captive of anyone else. They're on equal footing with each other, doing their best to escape from elvish territory alive.*

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 am
Vanadis says...

Verdandi splashed a bit of cold water onto her face in an unsuccessful attempt to rid her eyes of their dark circles. Her sleep had been fitful despite the aromatherapy from the plants she'd burned on the fire the night before; however, she knew it could have been worse.

She became aware that only she and her trainer, Orren, were fully awake, and she heard him stomp. Verdandi knew exactly what the sound was, but it startled her nonetheless. So she stretched her arms and, rubbing her icy blue eyes, she turned to find him looking out over the terrain.

"Orren," she asked softly, timidly, when he snorted and turned. "Is everything all right? Anything of notice?"
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

369 Reviews

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:18 am
Conrad Rice says...

Orren noticed that Verdandi was awake and turned his head slightly, listening to her inquiry.

"Nothing of note yet," he replied as he walked back towards her. "But that does not mean there is nothing out there."

He was doing his best to instill those skills in Verdandi that would help her survive as a warrior. Never letting one's guard down was one of those skills, one of the most important ones. Even in times of peace, keeping your guard up was very useful.

123 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:44 am
Vanadis says...

Verdandi nodded in agreement; though part of her longed to be in battle, she knew she wasn't quite ready for a fight of any scale, so hearing his words filled her with relief.

She then went on to wander about the camp, picking a few flowers to nibble on, throwing one purple bunch to the side with a grimace but keeping a few delicate yellow buds to snack on as she surveyed her surroundings.

"Have you slept?" she asked Orren. "You know, if you want to get some rest, I can keep watch. Let me know."

369 Reviews

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:54 am
Conrad Rice says...

"I will be fine," Orren said to his charge. "I slept enough last night to hold me through."

He glanced back out at the hills. To the west were the Kobol Mountains, though they were mountains only in the sense that they were a bit taller than these hills. Those would be their best bet for survival. They would provide them with more cover than out here. The only problem would be getting everyone to agree to it. Some of the humans did not exactly care for centaurs. At least, that was the impression Orren got.

He snorted again and looked back to Verdandi. "Did you at least get enough sleep?" he asked.

123 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:01 am
Vanadis says...

She came to stand at his side, looking out over the hills. She decided to ignore the question, because she was still very tired, but she knew she wouldn't get back to sleep; nor did she want to lie to him and say that she'd slept well. She just tilted her head a bit, chewing a flower thoughtfully, and then after she'd swallowed she spoke.

"We're going through there? The mountains?"

She imagined dragging a few slow, complaining humans with them and groaned. Immediately, she mentally chided herself for her selfishness.

369 Reviews

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 am
Conrad Rice says...

"Yes," Orren said, not taking note of Verdandi's grumbling for the moment. "The Kobols run down into friendlier territory. We can travel through them until we are out of the elvish domain."

He scratched at his middle, where his human half met his horse half. It wasn't going to be easy. Especially if the humans did not want to comply. But Orren knew he would make them. After all, if they were to be caught, then the elves would know that there were other intruders. For the elves would torture them until they had told them of all the things they knew, and then would keep torturing them, because it pleased them to do so. Better to be forced to march than face the endless devices of the enemy.

"You didnt' sleep at all, did you?" Orren asked. He was somewhat astute to what his charge did. After all, he had been a young warrior himself once. By the reckoning of some, himself included, he still was. But he had experience enough to tell him when the fresh ones had not slept.

123 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:28 am
Vanadis says...

"Not really," she replied. "The herbs I burned helped me relax a bit, but not enough to make me able to sleep for more than maybe an hour and then a few minutes here and there. I should be okay, though."

Her heart raced as she thought of the perils they might meet if they couldn't convince the humans to go along with them. She turned back to look at them, noticing how some of them were resting somewhat peacefully. She wished she could do that, but with all that was at stake, it seemed impossible.

She popped the last flower bud into her mouth and silently thanked her deities for providing the nourishment.

"Wow," she began, still staring out at the hills sprawled out before them; she always tried to appreciate beauty in everything. "No matter how treacherous this land is, the view is really something."

Please immediately cease and desist from offering Bob any more coffees with peppermint sprinkles. Thank you.
— SilverNight