Young Writers Society

The Parodoxis

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:39 am
Rydia says...

Jane

The tall, dark haired man referred to as Areck kept casting his gaze around the corridor as if looking for something. And then I realised what - an escape. And not just any escape. The escape. The secret passage just to my right. I edged closer, planning on getting between them and it and if there was time, perhaps I could pull the lever to seal the exit.

"Now, you wanted to talk to me?" the prisoner, Kera, asked.

"Yes but I need Arial first. Almen, you recall the way to the dungeon, yes?" Areck began to chuckle as if there was something highly amusing in abusing his power and a few of the others laughed too but some were clearly wondering if they should be more nervous of their leader or the officer.

"Oh yes, I believe I do," Areck replied.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:53 am
sasquash says...

Jane kept creaping closer to the exit. Edward looked at her, and saw the lever to her right.'Ahh, i see. I shall buy her time.' he thought.

"All men! Attack now, or we shall see heavan today!" at this, Edward leaped at the leader, hoping for a battle worthwhile for once. He tried to pull off a quick blow to his waist, but he blocked.

This was his serious mistake. Always underestimating his opponents wits. Edward grabbed for his knife during the swing, and as he blocked the blow, Edward brought the knife down in his side.

'Thats for you father.' he said, enjoying the sound of the Parodixis in pain.
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:13 am
Kyuubi says...

Areck grunted as he yanked the dagger out of his side. Blood dripped down onto the floor staining it red.
"That, Prince wasn't the smart thing to do," Areck said smiling. He stood upright and opened his cloak. All down his chest was every manner of a blade. Daggers were on the left, dirks in his belt, throwing knives on the right, and a long sword across his back. The Prince gasped at the sudden reveal of weaponry. Areck drew two dirks from his belt.
"This one's mine," Areck said to his group while nodding his head to Kera to get out of the way.
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:18 am
TNCowgirl says...

Kera stepped away and towards the princess. She grabbed the girl's arm. "You stay put in case your prince is a better fighter then I think he is." She smiled, the princess tugged against her grap but Kera just held her tight.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:32 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Almen moved quickly through the castle passages and found his way to the dungeon. He summoned the winds and blasted the door open, hitting the lone guard inside. It didn't take long to find Arial.

"Almen!" Almen moved quickly and recovered the keys.

"We don't have much time. Are you hurt?"

"I'm unhurt." Almen opened the cell.

"This way," Almen said.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:55 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Jane

I struggled against her grip and with each violent tug I was able to drag the woman an inch closer. One more inch and I knew that if I just reached out...

"Stop her!" Areck screeched. Drat. Last chance. I threw my arm behind me, fingers groping for the lever and then I latched onto it and pulled down hard.

"Yes!" I exclaimed as the loud hum of machinery roared out and then ground to a halt.

"Oh no you don't!" The woman pulled me closer to her, pressing a dagger to my neck but it was too late and she knew it. I looked across towards Eddy and the men, a triumphant smile on my face. The battle seemed to have paused as the new situation was reviewed.

"How is the exit re-opened?" Areck demanded. Silence.

"Bring the princess here, Kera."
Writing Gooder

110 Reviews

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Kera yanked the princess towards Areck not be gentle in any way. At that moment she wanted to slit the girl's throat, but she refrained herself from doing so. She had the princess' arm twisted behind her back with a dagger at her throat.

*srry all I got*
Want a Readers crit???

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:07 pm
Maybe says...

Arial-

I followed Almen through the dim dungeon passages until we came to a stop in front of two opposing groups. I recognized Areck and the rest of the Paradoxis group standing nose-to-nose with the Prince and a few of his guards. Neither looked very happy about the current situation.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:57 am
sasquash says...

Edward smiled."Your not much better off than me." he said, conitinuing to smile.

"Whats that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, nothing, you'll find out as soon as you throw a stinking dagger at me. Go ahead and try, and see what the outcome is."he challenged.

Apparently, the chief Parodoxis could not take a challenge sitting down. He grabbed a throwing knife, and hurled it in Edwards direction. Out of pure practice, Edward picked the knife out of the air, and threw it towards the parodoxis with Jane, missed, but still had the desired affect. She had let go of Jane, and had dropped her knife.

Edward jumped forward, taking no chances for this good fortune to leave. Grabbing the dropped knife by Jane, he reached for the arm of the parodoxis who had dropped it.
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:58 am
Rydia says...

Jane

Just as Eddy reached over to grab the woman who had released my arm, the paradoxis officer and one of the prisoners came hurrying around the corner. Taking the situation in with one glance, Almen dashed over and tried to take my wrist. I ducked out of the way but then the prisoner grabbed me from behind.

"And here we are again," Areck let out a short bark of a laugh.

"Wrong. Now we each have a hostage," Eddy corrected. "Samuel, over here please." One of Eddy's men approached and Eddy pushed the woman at him so he was free to face the paradoxis captain.

"Bravo bravo but does she really mean anything to me? Afterall, she isn't even one of my group," Areck bluffed.
Writing Gooder

110 Reviews

Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:32 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Kera glared at the gaurd that was holding her.

"Quiet your bluffing," The Prince growled,

"Ah, but you see he isn't. If you remember you killed my group." Kera hissed at him, pulling against the gaurd. He twisted her arm up farther on her back and she winced as pain shot through it but training had taught her not to show it. She shoved her other elbow back hitting him in the stomach but just flinched as her elbow made contact with metal.
Want a Readers crit???

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:37 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Yuri rushed down the corridors. He cursed under his breath knowing he never should have left the kings side. As he made his way down the dungeon passage slinging his bow.

When he reached the bottom he say a strange arrangement. The guard holding the supposed prisoner turned. The girl took the chance to escape.

The leader laughed, "You lose good prince for I now have your wife!"

The Enemy began to run with the one holding the princess in back. Yuri had a split second to let the arrow fly. It cut across the woman's causing her to let go of the princess. They continued to sun.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

110 Reviews

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:53 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Kera slid to a stop at the feel of an arrow stinging her side. Her grasp on the princess was let go. She spun around and grabbed the girl's arm again. She glared at the guy that had shot her. SHe glared at him then yanked on the princess' arm. She planted her feet and Kera yanked again.

"LET'S GO!!!" Areck yelled back. Kera kicked the Princess' feet out from under her and tossed her over her shoulder and ran after the others.

"If I get shot I wont be going alone." She hissed at the princess as they rounded a corner.

*All I got*
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:02 pm
Rydia says...

Jane

"Let me go!" I demanded, still wriggling in the woman's grasp and kicking my legs against her body.

"You're only making this harder on yourself," Kera muttered. I shouted louder and struggled even more but then one of the officers, Almen, dropped back a step so that he was parallel with us.

"Be quiet princess or you will be forced to be silent," Almen commanded. I obeyed. I did not relish the idea of being hit over the head by one of those swords and if nothing else, I could put my mind to work in trying to figure out a way to escape.
Writing Gooder

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:11 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Yuri cursed and strung another arrow, but the prince stopped him, "No, you could hit Jane!"

"Then lets be after them!"

"Right, lets go!"

They took off running after them, the prince in the lead. After a minute two of the men stopped and turned, weapons drawn, ready to delay us. There was no room to shoot so Yuri flipped of his bow and drew his short sword. They met the enemy head on.

When they were done they had lost three foolish soldiers leading only the prince and Yuri. "This will get us no where. We'll try to track them. Gather the others, to the stables!"

Yuri nodded and ran off to get the others.

(Can I make a second Character to go with the Prince and Yuri. Two isn't enough.)
I will always fight back, no matter what.

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues