z

Young Writers Society

Time and Time again

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:46 am
MadHatter says...

Grim headed out his door, donning his black cloak, and his scythe. "Have a good day today Grim!" Shouted his desk attendant.

"I will." Grim enjoyed doing his job, all the places he got to go. But the one thing he hated about it was those who cheated him. Those who couldn't bare to die, so they avoided him. The worst of these was Solomon. Soon even him would suffer His wrath.

"Oh, and attendant, get me the Reaper-mobile."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:11 am
TNCowgirl says...

*Usually the person who started the thread starts the story, but oh well. Someone bring me in please, i'm stuck on this one :D. *
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:59 am
Rydia says...

I did TN. I posted about a meeting of the races and covens and such =D That's where your character can come in too. Just go to the first page and read it.

Sumi - You can take the place as bogey man as Mad suggested or there could be a trainee grim reaper for even the grim reaper must die eventually. So yeah, you can be Death's apprentice.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*Wow, now I feel stupid :D :P *

Senra watched the meeting move on and listened. She hadn't wanted to be there to represent both vampires and werewolves but that was what they had asked her to do because she was the only one that was on good terms with both of them.

"The vampires want to help as much as they can, the werewolves say if you need their help they will help." She said from where she was leaning against a wall watching. A few people who hadn't seen her whipped around and looked at her surprised, the others didn't turn around but nodded.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:59 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

((Wooo! Death's apprentice! Thanks, Heather. ^_^))((Stealing Mad's bio form))

Name: Liore U. Wraith (Female)

Age: Only 5 million -- young by the underworld's standards

Weapons: a naginata

Voice: Has no discernible accent, other than a tendency to say "yes" or "no" at the end of sentences.

Bio: She's the next Death, what can you say? Likes sweet things.

Appearance: Wears the customary black cloak, but with a dark green and mauve scarf. White eyes underneath cloak, no face; made up mostly of concentrated spirit. The right side of her cloak hangs open, and a misty arms holds the naginata.

(I'll jump in when Mad gets the "Death" part rollin'.)
Last edited by Sumi H. Inkblot on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohmeohmy

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:40 pm
Rydia says...

Adelaide

"So we're all in agreement?" one middle aged wizard demanded, his voice harsh and grating.

"It wont work." The crowd parted to allow a young man with short, auburn hair to step through. He was slim with a deep tan and deep, blue eyes. There was a casual confidence to his walk and he paused exactly in the middle of our gathering. Just in front of me.

"Do you care to explain?" I asked.

"The Grim Reaper does not come when he is summoned. He only comes when he wishes to come and if he has not shown himself to me then he will not show himself to you."

"And what makes you so important?" a vampire demanded.

"I'm Tyrin; a powerful warlock. I've come to discuss negotiations. We need a small group of people who can seek out the Grim Reaper and earn his trust. Time must be set right but the Grim Reaper is a proud man..."

"Man?" one werewolf scoffed.

"A proud creature then if you will and he wont accept help easily and certainly not from so many."

"And who do you suggest goes on this mission?" Senra asked.

"You for one. And her," I raised an eyebrow as he pointed at me, "and the wizard on his broom. Those three should do." I looked up and sure enough a man with dirty blond hair was hovering above us.
Last edited by Rydia on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Writing Gooder

141 Reviews

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:41 am
MadHatter says...

(We should have the Grim Reaper be an elected official, just to spice up the story.)
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

280 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:57 am
Nutty says...

Can I join too?
Name: Rodin
Race: Halfling (is that okay?)
Class: Rogue
Appearance: short, slim, dark haired, with dark brown- almost black- eyes
Personality: Cheeky, light-fingered and seems to attract trouble. Has good street-sense and is more intelligent then he seems.

Rodin scouted out the gathered crowd at the meeting. The vampires had more valuables on them, he decided, but they seemed to always know when he came near. The werewolves could smell him out half a mile away, and were not a good enemy to pick. Rodin sighed. His sources had told him that there was a gathering, but not that it would be full of over-sensitive, dangerous beings.
Rodin's senstive ears picked up part of the conversation.
-"Goes on this mission?"
Rodin felt his interest spark, and deftly climbed up to a slight ledge where the windows were set in the wall. He watched as the speaker pointed out a few people, and frowned. What was going on? Was it to do with the extra long day?
Rodin stood on the sill to watch the proceedings.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:42 am
Squall says...

Hey Kitty15, do you mind if my character goes solo at the moment in the storybook? Thanks. This is somewhat crap since it feels rushed and doesn't follow my writing style lol.

A few days ago…

“Stand to.”

Dimitri stood to attention. He raised his right hand, held flat, to the brim of his hat.

“Identification please.”

Dimitri dropped his arm to the side.

“Obviously, I’m the Cataract of the Hourglass,” he spoke proudly, “Here’s my ID card if you don’t believe me.”

The trooper who was guarding the entrance to the guild master’s chambers grabbed the card with a metallic hand. He pressed a button on his visor shades and began scanning the card.

“First name, Dimitri, Level 2 Time Charterer,” said the trooper, who was reciting the information displayed in the lens of his shades.

Dimitri gave a nod.

“…and cohort of Pikara, the Pink Detective, Level 1 Adv. Mage Detective…”

“Well…yes.”

The trooper shivered to the thought of Pikara. He took a deep breath to calm himself of the girl’s past mischiefs with him.

“I don’t know how you put up with her.”

“Hey hey. I actually quite like Pikara,” said Dimitri, smiling, “cute little girl.”

“Whatever you say man. The GM is awaiting your arrival.”

He walked past the trooper and inputted his ID number into the number pad. The iron doors slid open.

“Afternoon Dimitri,” greeted the GM, “and how was the trial balance with Icisoria’s time?”

“It went quite well. The noobs that you’d sent to adjust the trial balance had forgotten to move the time liabilities to the right hand side.”

“They will get it right eventually. They’ve just recently became Level 1 Time Charterers. Anyways, I have a job for you.”

“So I’ve heard the rumors Zane. Where shall my time be used?”

Zane reached into the pockets of his robe and pressed the button. The lights in the room went off, save for the blue lights that were emitted from the central computer’s monitor screens and keyboard. A large plasma screen slowly lowered its way down into the room. When the screen was right beside Dimitri, the GM pressed another button and a picture of a girl appeared on the screen.

“This is Kitty15. Our sources tell us that she is behind the recent disturbances in the space time continuum.”

“How so?” Dimitri crossed his arms and studied the biological data of Kitty15, “Her health points are low and she has a low energy capacity. She’s not even worthy to be classed a “boss level” creature.”

“It’s not that. She has created an alternate world called a storybook. This storybook is somehow draining the time in the universe. I’m pretty sure you know what that means.”

“The pillar which supports the time economy will crumble. That in turn will make everything lose its time and hence, our existence will come to a halt.”

“Exactly! We need you to investigate as to what in the storybook is causing this. Here’s your cellphone and mage gun.”

Dimitri grabbed the mage gun and attached it to his belt.

“Mind if I phone Pikara to accompany me with this mission? She’s a mage detective after all.”

“Can’t sorry. I’ve assigned her into another storybook. But if you need back up, I’ll send her to help you out.”

Dimitri sighed, “Very well then.”

“The interdimensional transporter is ready to be deployed into the storybook. Best of luck Dimitri.”

“Yes sir!”

Dimitri saluted and ran his way to the transporter, located on the upper floors of the city. As he ran, he wondered as to what is at stake. If time stopped, this will also affect “Mirror” itself, for Mirror operated with time flowing through the borders of Life and Death.

But he wasn’t fighting for Mirror; he was fighting for the Pink Detective, a close friend who followed the ways of Mirror. Mage detectives, users of magic, loyal sentinels of the Threshold.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:26 pm
Reyu says...

Sorry kitty, I have lost interest >< Someone else will come along for Solomon.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:00 pm
Rydia says...

Mad - That sounds interesting, go for it. And your replacement (i.e. Sumi's character) has already been chosen but you could be replaced at any point XD

Nutty - Of course you can join! And the bio's fine, great even.

Squallz - It's up to you how you want to bring your character in and I loved the post so I'll edit mine.

Reyu - I understand, that's okay.

Adelaide

"And what makes you think we'll go?" I asked calmly, tucking a stray lock of ebony hair behind my ear and wondering if I should re-plait it. What a thing to be considering at a time like this.

"You certainly can't expect me to," the wizard scoffed in a superior tone.

"You wouldn't be here if you weren't willing to do something to help," Tyrin reasoned. The wizard snorted and hovered lower until his feet were firmly on the ground at which point the broom vanished.

"I don't know about these others but I'm perfectly happy with living forever," he said.

"Hey, can I take his place?" A male hafling asked from a nearby sill.

"No," Tyrin said, "but you can join him and the rest of us."
Writing Gooder

141 Reviews

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:11 pm
MadHatter says...

Grim entered the small car (the underworld is more advanced then humans.) "Ah...I just love the Reaper-moblie." The red bone covered car was just one of his many ways of transportation. He had a huge soul powered pirate ship, an airplane, and several other useless stuff. The monitor on his car showed his first target. It was a sweet old lady. The perfect victim. He was just about to open a portal when he suddenly felt weak.

"What's happening?"

"I can tell you." The voice rang out in his mind. A familiar voice.

"Boogey...I knew you'd come bother me again."

"Oh yah. I never forgave you for beating me in that election for the Reaper. And now you're gonna suffer. Seems like you never killed a certain victim of yours, a Solomon. You have exactly three weeks to kill him or the title of Grim Reaper goes to the runner-up of the election. Me."

280 Reviews

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:14 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

((Is the Boogey guy supposed to be Liore? 'Cause I put in Liore as death's apprentice. :? ))
ohmeohmy

141 Reviews

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:18 pm
MadHatter says...

(No. Boogey is just someone I came up with.)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:08 am
Maybe says...

Wait...am i the wizard on the broom...? I'm confused. :?
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest