z

Young Writers Society

War of Zynar

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:21 am
greenjay says...

No Tas isn't a Rogue, he's part of the Kingdom of Zynar, from Xnrom. Sorry bout that.
the greenjay strikes again...

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:33 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Tas finished packing his bags and got ready to leave. Putting on his travel uniform he felt ready to go. Opening the door he let the cool night air blow across his face. Looking up he saw the moon was full and smiled, "There will be plenty of light for my walk tonight."

He took off toward the gate in high spirits even whistling a song. When he reached the gate he showed the guards his pass to leave the city. They opened the gates and he stepped out into the world.

He decided to stay away from the road and decided to make his way through the small wood outside the city. It meant less time of exposure before he reached his destination.

Taking off he was no longer whistling nor happy so to speak. Outside the city he was no longer safe and he had to be on alert. After about a half an hour of walking he heard a sound coming from behind him. He drew his sword and got ready for combat. After a moment a young woman walked out into the light.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:01 pm
TNCowgirl says...

* I hope you were talkin about her, Sorry it's not to long*

Alana looked Tas over, it had been a while sense she had seen him. She looked at the sword and frowned,

"Your not thinkin of killin me are ya?" She asked looking at the sword then him. He shook his head no, but kept it out. Alana sighed, "You're going to be attacked for the document that you have."

"How did you know about that?" He demaned,

"I have my ways." She replied glancing around. "Is there somewhere less... in the open where we can talk?"
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:59 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

I saw Tas stop and turn around. He seemed as if he was talking to someone, but who that was I did not know. He then walked off into the woods, and I launched myself off the branch to follow. Cameron was not far behind, so I was not worried about that...but that other person might pose a problem.

I dove down amongst the trees, dodging branches as I went. I saw Tas, but still could not see the other person. I landed behind a tree, and peeked around the side. At first I thought Cameron had arrived, but such was not the case. It was a female Rogue.

I hid back behind the tree, changing quickly into human form. I attached the axeheads to my bracers, the blades curving over my hands. I then slipped from behind my tree, into a bush, and then worked my way closer to the duo, as only a Rogue knew how. Luckily for me, Alana (for now I recognised her) was not as skillful as me in stealth, for after all I was the Head for a reason, and she did not see me until too late.

She gasped as I jumped behind her, putting my arm around her neck and one of my axes to her throat.

"Hello little ones! I wonder what you two are doing together. Well," I said staring at Tas, "I will not worry about you, for I know what will happen to you. But you, dear Alana, are the one I don't know about. Don't worry though, I plan to find out everything."

I pulled her backwards into the brush, not wanting to turn my back to Tas. She mumbled something about not hurting him, which made me wonder. Things were getting very complicated.

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Alana cursed at herself, stupid man for saving her when she was little, her father had always pounded in her head to help those that helped her. She didn't struggle against the Head though to to not have her throat slit. Her hawk had flown off her shoulder when the Head had jumped behind her. He was now following at a safe distance.

"Let me go," She said calming her voice, being jumped on from behind had almost scared her to death.

*Sorry it is short*
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:01 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

"Don't worry about your dear Tas. He won't be hurt...probably. Now who you have to worry about is yourself."

I picked her up and literally flung her into the top of a tree. I followed in a second and found her sitting in the natural platform.

"I'm going to make this simple. Tell me what you were doing, truthfully, for I do not want to lose one of my assassins. If I descide that what you were doing was not lawful with with your oath as a Rogue, you will be approprietly punished. Lying will not save you, for if you do not talk," I smiled, "we'll consider it to be treason!"

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:17 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Alana looked at him and frowned.
“As a rouge you might not understand.” She said as her hawk landed on her shoulder.
“Try me,” He said his eyes seemed to burn into her.
“First off, he isn't my dear. He saved my life when I was younger, I couldn’t help but do anything else. My father always said that if someone helps you, you are to help them the next time you get to. I find my loyalty to my father’s word more then a Rouge. I would hope you might understand that.” She frowned, she guarded her eyes and her actions with care not allowing anything otherwise to be shown. It may have been the truth, but sometimes eyes were read wrong and if that happened her life was at stake. “Course, all I was going to do was warn him then make sure he wasn’t killed, that was all I owed him, now take it for what you want, but there isn’t any more or less to it then what I just said.” On the outside she hoped it looked like she cared less what he thought, but deep inside she was shaking, she didn’t want to die. And for what she had done she just might. She knew why the Head just kept his eyes visible, they could burrow into anyone and make them shudder. She held her guard up, scared of what he might think. Her face stiff, and her jaw stiff.
The Head leaned back on his heels and looked her face, Alana couldn’t help but hold her breath.
Her hawk shifted it’s feet on her arm and cocked his head.
‘Tristian,’ she thought, Tristian was her hawk.
‘Yea?’
‘Do you think he believes me?’ She asked,
‘He should, it is the truth.’ Tristian replied, ‘but if he knows that is the only problem.’
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:25 pm
Layleun says...

Quin and Tobias rode through camp till they got to their tent. They swiftly dismounted and tied the horses to the water trough. Quin skipped inside while Tobias came a little slower. Inside Quin was reaching down on her bed. She picked up a folded piece of parchment. Tobias walked over to his bed and picked up a similar piece of parchment. Together they read,

'To whomever it may concern,

A package has been successfully delivered to you. Please stop by to pick it up at the mail tent. Thank you, Sernius."

Quin look at Tobias and laughed, one of the things the did without knowing was reading things at the same time.Tobias grinned as her took her letter from her and threw it in the basket with his own.

"Should we go now?"

Tobias considered a moment, "Yeah, might as well, nothing else exciting going on."

Quin and Tobias walked out of the tent. Tucker had apparently gotten hungry and left. Ina look up at Quin and swished her tail.

"May I go?

"Sure." Quin answered aloud.

When they reached the tent Quin went in with Tobias. Ina stayed outside, "I'm going to go buy some fish."

Quin sighed, bent down and gave Ina a coin. She trotted away to the food stands. Quin entered the tent first. Immediately she was attacked.

"Quin! You're home!"

"Good lord, Sirius, stop growing."

A reddish tanned boy stepped back. His raven black hair was matted and sweaty. Tobias stepped in, stooping a little under the low roof. Sirius grinned, "You should tell him to stop growing, not me."

Tobias half grinned half bared his teeth, "Why you little runt..."

He stepped towards Sirius and tried to ruffled his hair. Sirius easily stepped away laughing. An old white haired man stepped out behind the counter, "Sirius, stop fooling around, get Tobias and Quin their packages."

"Yes Sernius."

Sirius ran to the back to retrieve the packages. he came back with a small package and a large one. He gave the large one to Tobias and the small one to Quin.

"Naturally." Quin mumbled.

Sirius shuffled his feet, "Sorry guys, I have to go. When I'm done working can I stop by your tent?"

Quin smiled, "Sure." They took their packages, bid Sirius farewell and walked outside. Ina was waiting next to the store with a fish wrapped in white paper.

"What kind did you get?"

"Salmon."

"Mmm my favorite."

194 Reviews

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:27 pm
View Likes
greenjay says...

Mathias

I looked at her a long time, until finally I broke the silence.

"You have held to your fathers word, showing your loyalty. I will make sure that Tas is not harmed, but you must relize that he is our enemy...not mine, but OURS. There may come a time when he must be killed."

The girl nodded, still looking down. I was not a magician and though I could do many things, I could not read one's thoughts.

"Look Alana, you are loyal I can tell, but where your loyalty lies, I do not know. I believe your story, but I do not yet trust you. Stay near me, watch what I do and learn from it. That way I can also watch you, testing your loyalty to the Rogues and to me. Agreed?"

Suddenly I laughed.

"You don't have much of a choice do you?"

I laughed again and stood up. She looked at me strangely. She probably had expected me to call my wolf on her or something. My offer wasn't exactly a reward though, for the smart ones keep as far away from me as possible...I was not exactly a nice man to be around.

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Alana watched him carefully, his decesion didn't seem like such a bad thing for her part, but she wasn't to sure.

"One thing," She said, scorning herself for speaking after the words came out. He looked down at her his eyes showing nothing. 'Shoot, what was I going to say, those stupid eyes' She thought racking her mind for what she was going to say.

"Yes?" He asked, she gathered her composer and stood up.

"My loyalty has always been to my people. I want that to be clear weither you believe it or not." She replied looking straight at him not letting her eyes waver.

*Sorry, its short and not to good, but i forgot what i was going to put and it just wont come back :'( *
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:39 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

"I understand that, but who are your people? What is the Kingdom of Zynar to you? Are not your people the Rogues, for we are a people, not just an army?"

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:41 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"My people are the people that raised me." She said flatly. She knew few people knew where she had come from other then her parents were killed and she dissappeard for some time. But unknown she had fallen into the hands of an old Rouge after Tas had saved her.
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:49 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

"Just make sure there is no trouble," I said as gently as I could (which was quiet harsh by most standards), "I do not want to be stabbed in the back by a friend."

"Return to camp Rogue, that's an order!" I said, and I leaned backwards, falling off the tree. I quickly spred my wings and was once again airborne. I loved the feeling.

I circled my way higher and higher, until I got a baring of where I was. Then I sped off towards the camp.
Last edited by greenjay on Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:53 am
piepiemann22 says...

Tas just stood there not fully understanding what had just happened. He drew his sword and went to go after them, but was hit and fell unconsious.

(I don't know what to do.)
I will always fight back, no matter what.

194 Reviews

Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:49 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

Suddenly I swerved backwards and began to circle downward. I could see nothing through the dense foliage, but was certain I had seen something as I passed over. Quickly I dove down through the tree tops and saw Cameron. He was leaning over Tas, searching his body for the letter. I changed into human form.

"You took long enough!" I said softly, and he spun around with he sword out. I pushed it aside and put my hand out for the letter. He gave it to me.

"Here is your pay," I said and I gave him his 80 gold coins. "You have passed this test and proved yourself an able enough theif. More jobs will come, and you may eventually become an assassin if your lucky."

I gave a dark chuckle. If he's lucky, meaning if he lives.

I backed off into the trees and slipped around behind one. He followed but would not find me there.

Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound