z

Young Writers Society

The Doomed

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:49 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Tara waited for them to ask the inevitable questions. Damn her big mouth. She would have been somewhere less life-threatening if she had just kept her thoughts where they belonged: in her head.
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:07 pm
Rydia says...

Ember

I could ignore the guns no longer and, as I approached the sound of shots, I realised that many others had already gathered to the scene. I hung back, hiding behind one of the half demolished buildings. I didn't care much for the words but I was hungry and, discarded on the ground, was a crust of bread. Could I get it before they caught me. Well they weren't looking...

I waited until I was sure that they were all occupied with their useless chatter and the injured man's wounds, then I ran forward. They saw me. Of course they did and one bullet scraped past my side as I snatched up the food. I ducked another bullet and rolled behind another building where I crouched down, dragging a make-shift bomb from a pocket.

I took out my cigarette lighter just as the other criminals turned the corner.
"Shoot me and the bomb explodes," I grinned, hoding the flame close to the cloth that protruded from the container.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:32 pm
Kylan says...

Rush was sweating. His gun was smoking. The girl was insanely young. Too young to be holding a lighter to a bomb and grinning like the devil himself. His SIG darted from the bomb-girl towards the woman who had just appeared from the other side of the alley. Everyone was frozen. Strange, how a lump of metal and explosives could kill a mood.

“Is a piece of bread worth your hand, kid? That's one helluva short fuse. Think about the repercussions” Rush said cautiously.

No one spoke. No one moved. The bomb-girl said nothing. Rush bit his lip.

“Okay. Keep the bread. Just put that thing away.”
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:51 pm
Rydia says...

Ember

I grinned.
"Why thank you, think I'll eat it first," I replied and sat there, calmly munching on the roll of bread.
"Why not put the bomb away first?" The man asked nervously. I smiled sweetly at him, put the last mouthful of bread into my mouth and then pocketed the lighter and stuffed the bomb into a seperate pocket.
"That better? I think I missed the introductions," I replied, leaning against the wall.
Writing Gooder

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:41 pm
Lindsaroo says...

Cadena was trying to hold back herself from shaking. She hated bombs. She swallowed back a lump in her throat and waited to regain her voice.

"Cadena."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Emma, but you can call me Ember." She smiled and turned to Rush and Jason. "And you two?"

"I'm Rush and this is..."

"Jason McDowell." He said weakly. He seemed to have some color back in his face. Cadena turned to him.

"Feeling any better there Jason?" Cadena let out a small laugh. Jason cursed at her and some other things and she laughed again. "I'll take that as a yes."

"So Ember, where you coming from?" Cadena asked.

"A small prison 'round here."

"Is that so? I guess we're all from that neck of the woods huh?"

"I guess so." Rush said.
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

387 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:54 pm
Kylan says...

I have an idea. In my opinion, this storybook is going to get very pointless very fast. Know why? There is no greater evil that we can all fight against. Without a greater evil, we also can't bring the plot along. I mean, what happens after we are all introduced to each other? Do we loot stores? Do we start killing each other? More playful banter? See what I mean?

My idea for a greater evil is this: Nuclear bombs don't "burn" everything up. They have a five mile radius in which they turn everything to slag and then a ten mile radius in which they only release extreme radiaton. I say that this extreme radiation will have turned some of the citizens of new york on the outskirts of the city into mutant killers. And they feed on live human flesh. So our greater evil could be a bunch of crazed mutants out to kill us. They fight us, we fight them. You like?

Anyway, If you guys are all for this (including you MadHatter) have at it. I'm going to be away for the next week so... I won't be able to introduce the idea into the story. Why don't you make up a minor criminal character and have him stumble onto our "group" bleeding like crazy and babbling about "monsters" who "are trying to eat him", and introduce the idea from their. Personally, I nominate Kitty to do this.

This is my last will and testament. See it out faithfully. :D

-Kylan

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:37 pm
Rydia says...

[color=red]Yeah, I suppose we do need more of a plot and that sounds like fun. I'll introduce the crazy guy anyway and if nothing comes of it, he will at least prove to be an interesting side character...

Oh and thanks for nominating me Kylan =)

Ember

"So we're neighbors, are we?" I chuckled to myself and began to twirl a dagger in one hand.
"What's so funny about that?" Cadena scowled.
"I killed my neighbors, that's what. Was one hell of an explosion though. Who's the woman?" I nodded my head at a figure in her early twenties with golden brown hair and soft, pretty eyes. She swore loudly, directing even more attention her way, and then ducked behind another building.
"We haven't been introduced," Jason drawled, "But I'm beginning to realize that you women are all crazy."

I waited a while and then, just as I was getting impatient, the woman stepped back into view, a gun in her shaky hand. I grinned sardonically and flipped out another dagger.
"The name's Tara," She spoke at last.
"Ever used those guns?" Cadena queried.
"That's my business," Tara spat in a stronger voice. Suddenly yet another figure tumbled into view.
"I found you. I found someone. I can't believe I actually found people," The disheveled man laughed hoarsely to himself as he clutched at a bleeding chest. The crimson liquid leaked from gaping wounds in his face and limbs as he staggered closer. Suddenly he paused and licked his lips anxiously. He eyed us with suspicion and doubt.

"You're not like them are you? No. Can't be. You were talking to each other," The man assured himself. "And you don't look like mutants. Did I tell you about the mutants? They're crazy!"
"They're not the only ones," Rush spat, rolling his eyes.
"Did you fall on one of your knives?" I added sarcastically.
"Fine. I'll go if you don't want my help," The man hissed, "But you'll be sorry. You'll be sorry you didn't listen."
"Fine. We're listening," Cadena decided.
"Speak for yourself," Tara muttered, "I'd rather not talk to crazy people." At this, Jason laughed hollowly. "Them two girls are both crazy. One shoots me and the other threatens to blow up the whole group. You don't call that crazy?"
Writing Gooder

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:20 pm
Ego says...

OOC: Agreed. As a bystander, I don't see this storybook going anywhere. I was going to join before, but saw little potential in the existing plot. If you're willing to change it up a bit, what with mutants and other survivors and stuff, it has potential. That said, I think I'll put in my two bits.

--Name: Dalton Grey
--Height: 5'10"
--Weight: 140 lbs.
--Hair: Black, crew cut
--Eyes: Blue
--Physique: Lean--not strong, but amazing endurance
--Rap Sheet: Disobeying a direct order from a superior officer, murder of a superior officer, desertion.
--Loyalty: Protect the innocent
--Bio: Formerly a corporal in the USMC, Grey was put into Sharpshooter training early on, excelled. On mission in the Iraqi war, his LT ordered the killing of innocent civilians--Grey refused, and when his LT pulled a gun on him, Grey shot the Lieutenant. He was convicted of the above crimes, dishonorably discharged, and thrown in prison. When the nukes hit, he was in Solitary confinement. A guard he made friends with released him shortly after, and the two traveled together in order to survive. The guard was shot by a crazed gunman three weeks later while trying to save some innocents. Grey is an excellent marksman with his weapons of choice, and is familiar with all small arms.
--Weapons:
-----Bolt Action M40A1 Sniper Rifle
-----92FS Beretta

Through the scope of my M40 I had a clean shot at any of the four people that stood in the middle of the street. I'm not expert at reading lips, but none of them looked to happy.

From my sanctuary in the third floor window of a ruined office building I could see the entire area--down both streets, into the buildings opposite me, everywhere. Best yet, they had no idea I was here.

By the looks of them, at least one of them had firearms training. One of them held a "bomb," little more than a firecracker, one of them was waving his arms over his head, his eyes bugging out insanely.

I considered taking a shot, but refrained. They'd done nothing wrong, yet. And from the looks of it...none of them were innocent.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

387 Reviews

Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:31 am
Kylan says...

One last post before I leave...

They bantered playfully. There was no nervousness, no fear, fright. It was a game to them; waving guns around, threatening to shoot and kill like a celebrity would threaten divorce. They were young, they were cocky. And now another man shows up, babbling about mutants and bleeding from a chest wound. And this was no ordinary bullet injury. The flesh around his rib cage was torn

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:58 pm
Rydia says...

Come on, lets keep this one going!

Ember

I gave Jason a sardonic smile and then turned towards the bleeding man as he began to talk again.
"I first saw them two days back," He murmured, licking dry, cracked lips. "They're horrible. They're no longer human and they... they..." Suddenly the man began to splutter and cough blood while one grimy, rough hand clutched at his chest, squeezing the wine onto the ground.

I backed up a step as he lunged forward, hands outstretched, reaching for my arm. Cadena, by my side, grimaced, raised her gun and fired a shot through his head.
"Damn," Tara breathed, eyeing the body and the gun.
"I don't like the sound of mutants," Rush breathed and then chuckled, "But most likely he's just crazy."
"Still. Someone shot him and I don't just mean me," Cadena remarked.
"Look around? There are many others like us and who wasn't tempted to shoot the man?" I laughed.
Writing Gooder

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Lindsaroo says...

"Yeah but if someone wanted to shoot him the would've just killed him...not...that." Cadena said rolling the body over with her foot. She pick up a bag he had and rummaged through it.

"Oh...yuck!" She said as her hand touched something.

"What is it?" Ember asked. Cadena pulled an arm out of the bag. It wasn't human looking though.

"Oh gross." One of the said.

"Looks like we got ourselves a collector." She said and nudged the body with her foot.

"What do you mean?" Ember asked looking confused and slightly grossed out. Cadena dumped the bag and there were quite a few other of those strange looking body parts.

"That's just sick." Rush said with distaste.

"Is it just me or do those things look...well...not exactly human?" Jason said.

"I'm starting to think this guy might really be telling the truth." Tara said.

"So what do we do?" Ember said, wanting to take action.

"We? Woah woah woah! I don't think so." Jason said. "I ain't doing anything with the likes of you. Just me and Rush."

"You're gonna need us Jason, whether you like it or not." Cadena said smiling at him.

"Us?" Tara said backing away.

"Awww. Why can't we all be friends?" Cadena said laughing.

"Come on guys. Let's get serious about this." Rush said and Ember nodded.

"Us? Serious? You're joking right?" She said. Rush glared at her and she let out a sigh. "So what are we gonna do?"
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:48 pm
Rydia says...

Ember

"For a start, we're gonna burn this body," I declared, pulling out various pieces of cloth, a small vial of alcohol and my lighter.
"You want me to work with that?" Jason demanded. I shrugged and grinned at him.
"We could bury him if you'd rather?"
"I vote for burial," Tara declared, eyeing the objects I was holding nervously. I scowled at her but it was soon clear that none of these people shared my love of explosives and fire. With a shrug, I put my things away and we heaved a load of stones onto the man's carcass and the various severed limbs.

"Don't see why we got to bury him anyway," Rush muttered but before we could go deeper into the subject, a man dropped down in front of us from the roof of the nearest building. He was quite tall with clear, blue eyes and inky black hair. He also held a gun.
"Wow, looks like we got another guest at the party. Care to join us on our adventure?" Cadena asked.
Writing Gooder

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:22 pm
Ego says...

Well, what the hell, I thought. Attaching a thin but strong climber's cord to a broken banister, I clipped it to my harness and rappelled down the side of the building, landing in a cloud of dust and debris.

In one quick, practiced motion I had severed my connection to the line and drawn my pistol, sighting in on the girl with the pistol who'd just brained the injured man. The small woman with the bomb smirked at me.

"Wow, looks like we got another guest at the party. Care to join us on our adventure?" she asked.

"Now look. I may not have been able to hear much from up there, but from what I saw that guy hardly deserved that," I said. "I think you should explain yourselves...and quick, before my trigger finger gets too...itchy."
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:08 pm
MadHatter says...

**Umm...guys these are people that don't like people, are mostly murderer's, have no alligience and are pretty much people you don't want to meet. Why are they all talking and conversing like friends out to go on an adventure. I wanted the crooks to just keep making fights amonst themselves but I guess this works.**
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:10 pm
Rydia says...

Oh don't worry, I don't think the alliance will hold all the way through. There have already been a few disagreements and I'm sure there's many more to come. My character certainly wouldn't think twice about blowing any of them up ;)
Writing Gooder

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly